How old were you when you realized your sexual preference?

Go down

How old were you when you realized your sexual preference? Empty How old were you when you realized your sexual preference?

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 pm

I know that as young as 4, I knew that I preferred images of women to men, and that in school, girls had some seeming magical ability to make me feel simultaneously shy and show-offy.

I bet most people knew which sex they were attracted to well before they knew anything about sex itself, but I think it would be interesting to hear from others.

This woman really made it clear for me:

How old were you when you realized your sexual preference? 8d5d970b0cd8e0a9aae9fc4cfed72ff0

Even though I didn't even know what breasts were!

- Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

How old were you when you realized your sexual preference? Empty Re: How old were you when you realized your sexual preference?

Post by Maddog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:23 pm

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

How old were you when you realized your sexual preference? Empty Re: How old were you when you realized your sexual preference?

Post by Syl on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:54 pm

I never thought of it tbh, I suppose my first crush when I was preteen set the scene for the rest of my life.
I am straight, but unlike a lot of women I can appreciate beauty and allure in other women.....I never wanted to sleep with any of them though.

Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:06 am

I detested doing anything with anyone that couldn't throw a ball or hit one with a bat. That was every girl I knew, except one up the street. But I didn't really care what her gender was, nor did it interest me. At least not until I was a maybe 11 or so. Then I started getting curious. Finding my brother's Playboys may have helped. Shocked

Now that I think about it, I was absolutely certain until about 10 or 11 that I would never have anything to do with a woman.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:12 am

Maddog wrote:I detested doing anything with anyone that couldn't throw a ball or hit one with a bat. That was every girl I knew, except one up the street. But I didn't really care what her gender was, nor did it interest me. At least not until I was a maybe 11 or so. Then I started getting curious. Finding my brother's Playboys may have helped. Shocked

Now that I think about it, I was absolutely certain until about 10 or 11 that I would never have anything to do with a woman.

Lol, Viva la difference, I think that's pretty normal for lots of little boys, whilst little girls play house, rocking a baby doll and bossing a make believe husband about as soon as they can walk and talk. Laughing

Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:24 am

I accepted that I liked guys when I was 16 (though told myself I was bi). In truth I 'knew' deep down much younger, probably 12/13. But even, retrospectively I knew I was different from at least 7/8. Small things like zero interest in girlfriends like even my primary school friends had, and always wanting to be friends with certain kids in my kids above all others.

The impact of culture and societal views is massive too. I didn't even know what gay meant, or knew any gay people, before high school. It's hard to know what you are when what you are doesn't exist. Especially when as maddog points out most boys and girls aren't interested in that kind of thing.

Deniability was everything from 12-16. Being gay in my school would've been suicidal and since I'm not camp or effeminite whatsoever pretending was very easy. I wasn't the only kid without girlfriends, so I think I convinced myself. But desire was there, all the time.

But yeah, really it was around 12 when I started to properly know.

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:15 am

Eilzel wrote:I accepted that I liked guys when I was 16 (though told myself I was bi). In truth I 'knew' deep down much younger, probably 12/13. But even, retrospectively I knew I was different from at least 7/8. Small things like zero interest in girlfriends like even my primary school friends had, and always wanting to be friends with certain kids in my kids above all others.

The impact of culture and societal views is massive too. I didn't even know what gay meant, or knew any gay people, before high school. It's hard to know what you are when what you are doesn't exist. Especially when as maddog points out most boys and girls aren't interested in that kind of thing.

Deniability was everything from 12-16. Being gay in my school would've been suicidal and since I'm not camp or effeminite whatsoever pretending was very easy. I wasn't the only kid without girlfriends, so I think I convinced myself. But desire was there, all the time.

But yeah, really it was around 12 when I started to properly know.

To be honest, I don't even know when I figured out what gay really was. I remember two boys in school who were likely gay. They wanted nothing to do with sports and were obsessed with Barbara Streisand. They stayed to themselves and away from the rest of us. I, and most every other kid decided they were gay, because we assumed gay was the same as effeminate. I had no concept of same sex sexual relationships. I was still pretty ill-informed about opposite sex sexual relationships.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:14 am

We knew about gays because we grew up across the Bay from San Francisco...the gay capital of the world.

But I started early. I knew I was head-over-heals with Judy White in 4th grade, even though when I chose her for companion on a field trip she hollered she wanted to be paired with her girlfriend.

I was crushed. But my next encounter was Lynda Carter, whom I would meet surreptitiously between the sheets. Judy was left far behind. Laughing

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:08 am

Never thought about it till I was 12, After my gran died I went to stop with an Auntie,her Daughter, my Cousin was 14. We had to sleep in same Bed, she showed me the difference !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:17 pm

nicko wrote:Never thought about it till I was 12, After my gran died I went to stop with an Auntie,her Daughter, my Cousin was 14. We had to sleep in same Bed, she showed me the difference !

If you were in Arkansas you two could have gotten married.

noun

Maddog
Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Good job I didn't Maddog, she turned out to be the local Bike !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:59 pm

well...................

ive rutted with more than a few hippacrocadillapigs in my time so not sure i even know anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 am

Probably about six at the village primary school when a redhead called Ann Kettleburg showed me her regulation school navy blue knickers and a liberty bodice with rubber buttons.

I've had a passion for redheads ever since, though I've grown out of my fetish about navy blue knickers and rubber buttoned liberty bodices.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:51 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Probably about six at the village primary school when a redhead called Ann Kettleburg showed me her regulation school navy blue knickers and a liberty bodice with rubber buttons.

I've had a passion for redheads ever since, though I've grown out of my fetish about navy blue knickers and rubber buttoned liberty bodices.

lol!

Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 pm

I was probably about seven, when I had my first boyfriend in primary school. Freddie McKay was his name and he was Maltese. He gave me a big ring that turned my finger green. I refused to take it off even though my mum said my finger would probably fall off soon if I didn’t.
He was cute. He used to tell me my hair smelled like vanilla.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:33 am

eddie wrote:I was probably about seven, when I had my first boyfriend in primary school. Freddie McKay was his name and he was Maltese. He gave me a big ring that turned my finger green. I refused to take it off even though my mum said my finger would probably fall off soon if I didn’t.
He was cute. He used to tell me my hair smelled like vanilla.

That's so sweet, memories like that never fade do they.
It brought back the memory i had when I was 11. The last year of primary school, and the boys and girls had to perform a barn dance together. It entailed hand holding, and I unfortunately had some warts on my hand (long gone thankfully) but i was dreading any boy having to hold my hand as we danced.
I told my best mate, and she, being 11 and finding it hard to keep her mouth shut, told the nicest boy in the class, and i can still remember his name too. Laughing
Anyway, come the day, as the teacher said 'take your partners' Joseph walked over to me, did a little bow, took my hand, and kissed it.

That lad would have made some lucky woman a great husband a few years later. I love you

Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:55 am

Cool

Like a few others on here, I already knew that I preferred girls by the time I finished primary school...

Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:16 am

This is not a very inclusive conversation

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:36 am

smelly-bandit wrote:This is not a very inclusive conversation

Everyone has a sexual preference dont they? Therefore I think the conversation is more inclusive than most.

Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:13 pm

Like a few others, in year 6 (11 years old) changing for PE (mixed room) , us boys noticed that a few of the girls were growing chest bumps and wearing bras. It was fascinating at the time .
Had my first proper crush the following year on holiday in Cromer, fell in lust with a stunning 12 year old girl called Emily, she let me touch her boobs ,  and she wasn't shy when it came to 2nd and 3rd base.
We didn't go quite all the way, but she joined me in the shower after I splashed over us both!

Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:16 pm

My sexual preference now, is any female that can lift me up and on !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:02 pm

Me too , Nick.
Used to be trice weekly.
Then it become tries weekly
Nowadays it is tries weakly.

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:36 pm

Laughing
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
nicko wrote:Never thought about it till I was 12, After my gran died I went to stop with an Auntie,her Daughter, my Cousin was 14. We had to sleep in same Bed, she showed me the difference !

If you were in Arkansas you two could have gotten married.  
and if it was Alabama, you would be EXPECTED to get married Shocked

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Syl wrote:

Everyone has a sexual preference dont they? Therefore I think the conversation is more inclusive than most.

i mean youre all talking about man or woman here

thats not inclusive of all the mentally ill trannies and assorted gender fluid nutjobs out there

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:48 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

thats not inclusive of all the mentally ill trannies and assorted gender fluid nutjobs out there

You fail to explain yourself.

Why on earth not, Russo? Because the Supreme Director says so?

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

It was a general question aimed at anyone who cared to answer it.

Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:36 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

Nonsense, transgender people have a sexual preference too. You could even argue that the utter lack of a sex drive (asexuality) is a sexual preference, as in, "I prefer not."

The one preference that I have to treat with a bit of skepticism is when I hear someone say they're bi, because so many people have said that when they really have a preference. Then again, I do believe some people must be truly bisexual.

- Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:42 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Syl wrote:

That’s because no one here is gender fluid otherwise they’d have said so.
Do keep up.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:59 pm

Can't say I actually actively thought about it, it just was. Although I have to admit to being a bit slow off the starting blocks, when we played kiss chase in primary school, for a while, I actually thought the aim was not to get caught! Sort of caught up fairly quickly though.

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:08 pm

Vintage wrote:Can't say I actually actively thought about it, it just was. Although I have to admit to being a bit slow off the starting blocks, when we played kiss chase in primary school, for a while, I actually thought the aim was not to get caught! Sort of caught up fairly quickly though.

Hahahaha that made me chuckle. I imagined you tearing arse to get away...skirt hiked up and running REALLY FAST! Laughing

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:18 pm

And girls can run faster with their skirts raised than boys can with trousers around their ankles

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:19 pm

Yep that was me, little legs going at a rate, if a boy caught you, you were supposed to 'struggle', I'm afraid I took that too seriously and belted them a serious  one!

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Just thought, however rough I was the boys always came back to try again, maybe I've missed an opportunity there, a lucrative business 'punishing' naughty boys.

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:29 pm

Vintage wrote:Just thought, however rough I was the boys always came back to try again, maybe I've missed an opportunity there, a lucrative business 'punishing' naughty boys.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:12 pm

BEFORE COMMENTING UPON THIS POST

1 MAKE SURE YOU READ IT ALL
2 MAKE SURE YOU ACTUALLY UNERSTAND IT ALL
3 DO NOT MAKE SOMETHING OF IT THAT IT ISNT
4 DO NOT PUT MEANINGS TO IT THAT ARE NOT THERE
5 READ IT ALL AGAIN
6 MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT ALL
7 THINK ABOUT WHAT IT ACTUALLY SAYS...
8 READ IT ALL
9 UNDERSTAND WHAT IT SAYS

Hmmmm...gender identity and sexual preference are NOT related IMO....

a gay male is still indupitably a MALE...who just happens to fancy other males as a sexual and life partner
ditto for the gay woman
and even the "Bi" is still whatevr sex they are ....(even if they are greedy b'stards)

and that is all ok and good, that we cannot it seems, reasonably change since it is fairly well established that such variations are perfectly normal, shouold,bbe expected within the scope of normal human behaviour, and is perfectly acceptabl part therof.

After giving the issue much thought however, it appears to me that GENDER issues are NOT part of normal human behaviour, they are either biological, neurological, metabolic, hormonal , psychological or medical problems. I mean if a man cane to you and said I am now a goat and I'm going to live like one, would you facilitate this illusion/fixation....or try to cure it? or would you allow him to BE a goat....and if so would he be elegible for slaughter for meat...after all you (society that is) now say he's a goat so a goat he must be?????????

given the rapid rise in the number of "gender disordered" oddities out there, along with the ever increasing number of "genders" I wouls suggest that this issue (whilst existing) is mostly a convenient means to an end for countless misfits and fools.

I accept that a certain number of peole WILL have gender issues (being born in the wrong body) BUT I would suggest that that would be male in female and female in male.... there ARE NO OTHERS... and that these people should indeed be helped as much as possible, even if that means surgery etc but NOT before the legal age of competence)

as to the rest, like goat man they should be referred to mental health services ...they CERTAINLY should not be allowed to demand this right and that right.

and gender neutral is NOT a thing....and neither should gender neutral facilities be a thing...they are the product and facilitator for the "dirty old man/woman" you cannot be "gender neutral" you CAN be asexual...that is the gender v's preference divide....and if you ARE asexual then you will have no PROBLEM WITH USING THE FACILITIES THAT BEST MATCH YOUR BODY.

they gay community should be more wary of allowing under their wing and allying with the "gender benders" It does them no favours.

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:51 am

Well said Vic !
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:29 am

Victorismyhero wrote:BEFORE COMMENTING UPON THIS POST

5 READ IT ALL AGAIN
8 READ IT ALL

a gay male is still indupitably a MALE...who just happens to fancy other males as a sexual and life partner
ditto for the gay woman
and even the "Bi" is still whatevr sex they are ....(even if they are greedy b'stards)

and that is all ok and good, that we cannot it seems, reasonably change since it is fairly well established that such variations are perfectly normal, shouold,bbe expected within the scope of normal human behaviour, and is perfectly acceptabl part therof.

After giving the issue much thought however, it appears to me that GENDER issues are NOT part of normal human behaviour, they are either biological, neurological, metabolic, hormonal , psychological or medical problems. I mean if a man cane to you and said I am now a goat and I'm going to live like one, would you facilitate this illusion/fixation....or try to cure it? or would you allow him to BE a goat....and if so would he be elegible for slaughter for meat...after all you (society that is)  now say he's a goat so a goat he must be?????????

given the rapid rise in the number of "gender disordered" oddities out there, along with the ever increasing number of "genders" I wouls suggest that this issue (whilst existing) is mostly a convenient means to an end for countless misfits and fools.

I accept that a certain number of peole WILL have gender issues (being born in the wrong body) BUT I would suggest that that would be male in female and female in male....   there ARE NO OTHERS... and that these people should indeed be helped as much as possible, even if that means surgery etc but NOT before the legal age of competence)

as to the rest, like goat man they should be referred to mental health services ...they CERTAINLY should not be allowed to demand this right and that right.

and gender neutral is NOT a thing....and neither should gender neutral facilities be a thing...they are the product and facilitator for the "dirty old man/woman" you cannot be "gender neutral" you CAN be asexual...that is the gender v's preference divide....and if you ARE asexual then you will have no PROBLEM WITH USING THE FACILITIES THAT BEST MATCH YOUR BODY.

they gay community should be more wary of allowing under their wing and allying with the "gender benders" It does them no favours.

Have a green

Thorin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:35 am

You may find this very interesting Victor

https://sillyolme.wordpress.com/2017/04/16/getting-lost-in-the-crowd/

Thorin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:00 pm

5 READ IT ALL AGAIN
8 READ IT ALL

ditto for the gay woman

After giving the issue much thought however, it appears to me that GENDER issues are NOT part of normal human behaviour, they are either biological, neurological, metabolic, hormonal , psychological or medical problems. I mean if a man cane to you and said I am now a goat and I'm going to live like one, would you facilitate this illusion/fixation....or try to cure it? or would you allow him to BE a goat....and if so would he be elegible for slaughter for meat...after all you (society that is)  now say he's a goat so a goat he must be?????????

I accept that a certain number of peole WILL have gender issues (being born in the wrong body) BUT I would suggest that that would be male in female and female in male....   there ARE NO OTHERS... and that these people should indeed be helped as much as possible, even if that means surgery etc but NOT before the legal age of competence)

In fairness, a huge number of gay people, myself included, have no interest in this new notion of being gender neutral.

Agree with you, a man can believe to be born in a woman's body and vica versa; but not actually sit between.

Imo we should accomodate for transexuals in society, but the new wave of pronouns (ze, zir BS) and attempts to remove gender are extremist nonsense that will wash away - I hope - in time.

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Eilzel wrote:

5 READ IT ALL AGAIN
8 READ IT ALL

ditto for the gay woman

In fairness, a huge number of gay people, myself included, have no interest in this new notion of being gender neutral.

Agree with you, a man can believe to be born in a woman's body and vica versa; but not actually sit between.

Imo we should accomodate for transexuals in society, but the new wave of pronouns (ze, zir BS) and attempts to remove gender are extremist nonsense that will wash away - I hope - in time.

The new wave are in fact insulting people with gender dysphoria mate

People who suffer this is not something to be celebrated, as many feel trapped inside their boidies. Yet we have people claim to be trans simple by self identification. Which to me makes a mockery of gender dysphoria

The very people that suffer this hold a binary view point and as seen by the link I gave by someone transexual. Many people are now transtrenders.

Weel said mate, its time the LGBT community spoke out on this, as my fear is many gay children are beiing. Wrongly made to believe they are the wrong sex and hetrosexual. That to me is the worst form of conversation therapy.

I support helping people with gender dysphoria, but now the view of doctors is to confirm gender identity, with a view to medicate. How did we reach this point where its now acceptible to convert gay people to hetrosexual?

Thorin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:09 pm

And this is the conseqences of intersectionality. White kids are made to feel ashamed and believe that the obnly way to be accepted is to class themselves as trans. How bad is this intersectionality ideology playing onto kids?

Thorin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum