Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by HoratioTarr on Mon May 20, 2019 4:06 pm

First topic message reminder :


Nigel Farage vented fury at his security and 'radicalised Remainers' today after he was pelted with milkshake on his European election tour.

The Brexit Party leader was covered in the drink by a protester as he made the latest stop of his campaign in Newcastle.

Mr Farage was heard saying 'how did you not stop that?' as he was bustled away by security, and an individual was put in handcuffs by police.

He tweeted afterwards: 'Sadly some remainers have become radicalised, to the extent that normal campaigning is becoming impossible.'

Brexit minister James Cleverly immediately condemned the episode, insisting that people should debate rather than 'assault political opponents'.

Tony Blair branded the attack ‘horrible and ridiculous’, while Jo Cox's widower Brendan Cox said it normalised 'violence and intimidation'.

Mr Farage joins the list of candidates who have fallen victim to a 'milkshaking', including Ukip's Carl Benjamin and ex-English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson.

Last week, police apparently ordered a McDonald's outlet near a Brexit Party campaign rally to stop selling milkshakes and ice cream.

Protesters are thought to have switched to using the drinks as a weapon as they are easier to carry than eggs without arousing suspicion.




https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7049597/Nigel-Farage-pelted-MILKSHAKE-European-election-tour.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9618
Join date : 2014-01-12

Back to top Go down


Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Eilzel on Thu May 23, 2019 4:57 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:In the interest of fairness, I didn't see many RWers condemn eggs being thrown at Corbyn a few months ago; nor any condemnation for the torrent of in your face verbal abuse and harrassment received outside Westminster by Anna Soubry and Owen Jones.

Whataboutism.

Are you seriously equating throwing acid to eggs/milkshakes or some means words?
Is that your idea of an equivalence of faireness?

The person who threw at egg at corbyn was arrested and jailed.
Owen Jones, lied over homophobic abuse at a protest and was called antisemitic. He certainly defends antisemites within labour. If he has received homphobic hate, then those who have. Should be arrested and charged. As to Anna Soubry being called a Nazi, sorry, that is just a mean word, just as fascist and nazis is slung around daily by many of the left and in public. With anyone they view as right of Stalin

I never saw you shout from the roof tops, when Jewish Labour MP's (some have now left the party because of this) constantly receive death threats, rape threats, antisemitic hate etc, where none have been convicted  for this and are members of Labour. Only now have the Police started to investigate these. Diane Abott has been on the end of far worse than Owen Jones and Annas Soubry combined with racical hatred which agains should be invenstigated. I suggest before you use a poor whataboutism argument. That you make a point that is comparable and not come across as trying to downplay the significance of what this vile woman said.

No, I'm equating throwing eggs at people to throwing milkshake at people - which is the topic of the OP.

Obviously acid would be worse, and I would condemn that severely, but that was a tweet by one moron, not an actual thing that happened in this case.

And I criticised neither incident, not because I condone them or otherwise, but because this is the world we live in. Corbyn and Farage are public figures who have done and said stupid things with serious ramifications, whether we agree with them or not. Not quite as serious as someone IN government, but still. I don't get people hysterically outraged at EITHER incident really. Do I think throwing food and drink at politicians is the best way to make a point? No. But this isn't even remotely new, so not a big deal.

Acid would be different.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8124
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Thorin on Thu May 23, 2019 5:12 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Whataboutism.

Are you seriously equating throwing acid to eggs/milkshakes or some means words?
Is that your idea of an equivalence of faireness?

The person who threw at egg at corbyn was arrested and jailed.
Owen Jones, lied over homophobic abuse at a protest and was called antisemitic. He certainly defends antisemites within labour. If he has received homphobic hate, then those who have. Should be arrested and charged. As to Anna Soubry being called a Nazi, sorry, that is just a mean word, just as fascist and nazis is slung around daily by many of the left and in public. With anyone they view as right of Stalin

I never saw you shout from the roof tops, when Jewish Labour MP's (some have now left the party because of this) constantly receive death threats, rape threats, antisemitic hate etc, where none have been convicted  for this and are members of Labour. Only now have the Police started to investigate these. Diane Abott has been on the end of far worse than Owen Jones and Annas Soubry combined with racical hatred which agains should be invenstigated. I suggest before you use a poor whataboutism argument. That you make a point that is comparable and not come across as trying to downplay the significance of what this vile woman said.

No, I'm equating throwing eggs at people to throwing milkshake at people - which is the topic of the OP.

Obviously acid would be worse, and I would condemn that severely, but that was a tweet by one moron, not an actual thing that happened in this case.

And I criticised neither incident, not because I condone them or otherwise, but because this is the world we live in. Corbyn and Farage are public figures who have done and said stupid things with serious ramifications, whether we agree with them or not. Not quite as serious as someone IN government, but still. I don't get people hysterically outraged at EITHER incident really. Do I think throwing food and drink at politicians is the best way to make a point? No. But this isn't even remotely new, so not a big deal.

Acid would be different.

You just used a whataboutism argument. When you yourself have remained silent on other issues.
What people have rightly said, is that again the left wing media and left wing people do. Is show a complete U-turn on similar issues. Corbyn, is very much antisemitic, hates this country and is friends with numereous terrorists. That does not mean he should have eggs thrown at him and never saw any poster here excuse that on here.

So please spare me the volte face argument above you are presenting. You used a whataboutism argument, without ever checking any facts, when right wingers did actually condemn alll the arguments you presented. This came from political and non-political commentators within the media etc. I think Farage is a dick, but just like with the extreme right. There is a growing number of the extreme left that present and call for violence. The extreme right are constantly condemned, but often when its the extreme left, excuses are made. A huge example of this, is the endemic problem of antisemitism within the Labour Party. How this is constantly downplayed, have conspiracies claimed that Israel is creating this etc. It has gotten so bad, that now an investigation has been opened by the equalities watchdog from the ECHR. Where a number of Labour members and supporters are in complete denial over this.

Nobody is that outraged over the incident of the milkshake but how some on the left have as seen think its acceptable to throw acid in the face of someone and even worse people supporting this. The point you miss. To say it never happened, when people think its okay to do so, shows a shortsightness on your part. When people hold such views. It can become contageous to think so and can end up happenning.

The point is, you made a really poor argument of whataboutism

Thorin

Posts : 9715
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Eilzel on Thu May 23, 2019 5:18 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Whataboutism.

Are you seriously equating throwing acid to eggs/milkshakes or some means words?
Is that your idea of an equivalence of faireness?

The person who threw at egg at corbyn was arrested and jailed.
Owen Jones, lied over homophobic abuse at a protest and was called antisemitic. He certainly defends antisemites within labour. If he has received homphobic hate, then those who have. Should be arrested and charged. As to Anna Soubry being called a Nazi, sorry, that is just a mean word, just as fascist and nazis is slung around daily by many of the left and in public. With anyone they view as right of Stalin

I never saw you shout from the roof tops, when Jewish Labour MP's (some have now left the party because of this) constantly receive death threats, rape threats, antisemitic hate etc, where none have been convicted  for this and are members of Labour. Only now have the Police started to investigate these. Diane Abott has been on the end of far worse than Owen Jones and Annas Soubry combined with racical hatred which agains should be invenstigated. I suggest before you use a poor whataboutism argument. That you make a point that is comparable and not come across as trying to downplay the significance of what this vile woman said.

No, I'm equating throwing eggs at people to throwing milkshake at people - which is the topic of the OP.

Obviously acid would be worse, and I would condemn that severely, but that was a tweet by one moron, not an actual thing that happened in this case.

And I criticised neither incident, not because I condone them or otherwise, but because this is the world we live in. Corbyn and Farage are public figures who have done and said stupid things with serious ramifications, whether we agree with them or not. Not quite as serious as someone IN government, but still. I don't get people hysterically outraged at EITHER incident really. Do I think throwing food and drink at politicians is the best way to make a point? No. But this isn't even remotely new, so not a big deal.

Acid would be different.

You just used a whataboutism argument. When you yourself have remained silent on other issues.
What people have rightly said, is that again the left wing media and left wing people do. Is show a complete U-turn on similar issues. Corbyn, is very much antisemitic, hates this country and is friends with numereous terrorists. That does not mean he should have eggs thrown at him and never saw any poster here excuse that on here.

So please spare me the volte face argument above you are presenting. You used a whataboutism argument, without ever checking any facts, when right wingers did actually condemn alll the arguments you presented. This came from political and non-political commentators within the media etc. I think Farage is a dick, but just like with the extreme right. There is a growing number of the extreme left that present and call for violence. The extreme right are constantly condemned, but often when its the extreme left, excuses are made. A huge example of this, is the endemic problem of antisemitism within the Labour Party. How this is constantly downplayed, have conspiracies claimed that Israel is creating this etc. It has gotten so bad, that now an investigation has been opened by the equalities watchdog from the ECHR. Where a number of Labour members and supporters are in complete denial over this.

Nobody is that outraged over the incident of the milkshake but how some on the left have as seen think its acceptable to throw acid in the face of someone and even worse people supporting this. The point you miss. To say it never happened, when people think its okay to do so, shows a shortsightness on your part. When people hold such views. It can become contageous to think so and can end up happenning.

The point is, you made a really poor argument of whataboutism

I'm comparing two similar events and reactions - whataboutism would be your ranting on about racism at Abbott and Antisemitism in your earlier post.

Who here condones throwing acid on someone?
Show me people here condemning the egg attack on Corbyn a few months ago.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8124
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Thorin on Thu May 23, 2019 5:24 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

You just used a whataboutism argument. When you yourself have remained silent on other issues.
What people have rightly said, is that again the left wing media and left wing people do. Is show a complete U-turn on similar issues. Corbyn, is very much antisemitic, hates this country and is friends with numereous terrorists. That does not mean he should have eggs thrown at him and never saw any poster here excuse that on here.

So please spare me the volte face argument above you are presenting. You used a whataboutism argument, without ever checking any facts, when right wingers did actually condemn alll the arguments you presented. This came from political and non-political commentators within the media etc. I think Farage is a dick, but just like with the extreme right. There is a growing number of the extreme left that present and call for violence. The extreme right are constantly condemned, but often when its the extreme left, excuses are made. A huge example of this, is the endemic problem of antisemitism within the Labour Party. How this is constantly downplayed, have conspiracies claimed that Israel is creating this etc. It has gotten so bad, that now an investigation has been opened by the equalities watchdog from the ECHR. Where a number of Labour members and supporters are in complete denial over this.

Nobody is that outraged over the incident of the milkshake but how some on the left have as seen think its acceptable to throw acid in the face of someone and even worse people supporting this. The point you miss. To say it never happened, when people think its okay to do so, shows a shortsightness on your part. When people hold such views. It can become contageous to think so and can end up happenning.

The point is, you made a really poor argument of whataboutism

I'm comparing two similar events and reactions - whataboutism would be your ranting on about racism at Abbott and Antisemitism in your earlier post.

Who here condones throwing acid on someone?
Show me people here condemning the egg attack on Corbyn a few months ago.

Ranting?

Do you even know what whataboutism is? As you did make a whataboutism argument, without presenting any facts and used this back against you, to show up your own hypocrisy. Hence the examples I used

To then act childish and claim I am ranting shows you have lost the argument

Did i claim any posters here on acid throwing?

What did I say?

I suggest you actual read what I said.

I also said nobody on here excused throwing eggs at Corbyn, you then again do a volte face and now ask me to show people condemning. I mean seriously get a grip. As its you presenting the claims

My point is accurate based on your hypocrisy, as you have been yourself silent on other issues to political figures. Best you think about that, before making a really poor hypocritical whataboutism argument

I have said my peace and little point continuing, when it seems, you dont like being called out

Laters

Thorin

Posts : 9715
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Eilzel on Thu May 23, 2019 5:29 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

You just used a whataboutism argument. When you yourself have remained silent on other issues.
What people have rightly said, is that again the left wing media and left wing people do. Is show a complete U-turn on similar issues. Corbyn, is very much antisemitic, hates this country and is friends with numereous terrorists. That does not mean he should have eggs thrown at him and never saw any poster here excuse that on here.

So please spare me the volte face argument above you are presenting. You used a whataboutism argument, without ever checking any facts, when right wingers did actually condemn alll the arguments you presented. This came from political and non-political commentators within the media etc. I think Farage is a dick, but just like with the extreme right. There is a growing number of the extreme left that present and call for violence. The extreme right are constantly condemned, but often when its the extreme left, excuses are made. A huge example of this, is the endemic problem of antisemitism within the Labour Party. How this is constantly downplayed, have conspiracies claimed that Israel is creating this etc. It has gotten so bad, that now an investigation has been opened by the equalities watchdog from the ECHR. Where a number of Labour members and supporters are in complete denial over this.

Nobody is that outraged over the incident of the milkshake but how some on the left have as seen think its acceptable to throw acid in the face of someone and even worse people supporting this. The point you miss. To say it never happened, when people think its okay to do so, shows a shortsightness on your part. When people hold such views. It can become contageous to think so and can end up happenning.

The point is, you made a really poor argument of whataboutism

I'm comparing two similar events and reactions - whataboutism would be your ranting on about racism at Abbott and Antisemitism in your earlier post.

Who here condones throwing acid on someone?
Show me people here condemning the egg attack on Corbyn a few months ago.

Ranting?

Do you even know what whataboutism is? As you did make a whataboutism argument, without presenting any facts and used this back against you, to show up your own hypocrisy. Hence the examples I used

To then act childish and claim I am ranting shows you have lost the argument

Did i claim any posters here on acid throwing?

What did I say?

I suggest you actual read what I said.

I also said nobody excused throwing eggs at Corbyn, you then again do a volte face and now ask me to show people condemning. I mean seriously get a grip. As its you presenting the claims

My point is accurate based on your hypocrisy, as you have been yourself silent on other issues to political figures. Best you think about that, before making a really poor hypocritical whataboutism argument

I have said my peace and little point continuing, when it seems, you dont like being called out

Laters

I'm not even sure what your main point is you waffle that much.

There are claims in this thread that 'the Left' are silent on this - as if the Left should immediately come out and condemn this or be seen as condoning.
My claim was that 'The Right' did not do the same with the egg incident.
ALL my points are concerning people HERE (not commentators on the news, twitter or elsewhere).

I personally neither condone nor care much for either attack.

Beyond that I've said nothing, so really not sure the exact point you are trying to make (try being concise for a change instead throwing out points scattershot).

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8124
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Thorin on Thu May 23, 2019 5:36 am

Eilzel wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Ranting?

Do you even know what whataboutism is? As you did make a whataboutism argument, without presenting any facts and used this back against you, to show up your own hypocrisy. Hence the examples I used

To then act childish and claim I am ranting shows you have lost the argument

Did i claim any posters here on acid throwing?

What did I say?

I suggest you actual read what I said.

I also said nobody excused throwing eggs at Corbyn, you then again do a volte face and now ask me to show people condemning. I mean seriously get a grip. As its you presenting the claims

My point is accurate based on your hypocrisy, as you have been yourself silent on other issues to political figures. Best you think about that, before making a really poor hypocritical whataboutism argument

I have said my peace and little point continuing, when it seems, you dont like being called out

Laters

I'm not even sure what your main point is you waffle that much.

There are claims in this thread that 'the Left' are silent on this - as if the Left should immediately come out and condemn this or be seen as condoning.
My claim was that 'The Right' did not do the same with the egg incident.
ALL my points are concerning people HERE (not commentators on the news, twitter or elsewhere).

I personally neither condone nor care much for either attack.

Beyond that I've said nothing, so really not sure the exact point you are trying to make (try being concise for a change instead throwing out points scattershot).

Yet again another little childish dig

One thing is clear you certainly cannot take criticism

Also, not one single left wing poster has condemned the attack on Farage. Maybe you should read back. All they did was use whataboutism arguments. You also brought up Owen Jones and Anna Soubry, which had no comparrison. Hence I then compared off that in regards to antisemitism that Labour MP's have suffered, by Labour members

You claim the right wing posters do not do the same in regards to Corbyn, and offer no evidence for your claim. The reality is, there is no evidence to your claim. As no poster started a thread on when Corbyn was assualted with an egg thrown at him. Hence you either told a porkie or poorly assumed wrong on this issue. I will go with the later, but I hope to see you correct your position on this.

In other words, it was a hollow claim

Anyway it seems pointless trying to reason with you on this and only popped on to simple point out you never backed up your claims and show it was a whataboutism argument.

Laters

Thorin

Posts : 9715
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 23, 2019 5:18 pm

throwing objects at people campaigning is wrong. Even if it is an antisemitic terrorist lover. the only thing you should be using is words to make your point. the fact the lefts goto position was acid speaks volumes about the fascists they are these days

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 23, 2019 5:22 pm

can anyone dare justify this
Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 NINTCHDBPICT000492259671-e1558612334555

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Andy on Thu May 23, 2019 5:23 pm

So the lefts who throw shakes are terrorists, whilst the rights who murder Left MP's are  headbaskets.

The logic of the right.
And WHY are they called the far right, when they are far wrong,?

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by 'Wolfie on Thu May 23, 2019 5:28 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
can anyone dare justify this
Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 NINTCHDBPICT000492259671-e1558612334555

Surprised

You're looking a bit rough and tired there, Deano !

You really should be taking better care of yourself..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 23, 2019 5:29 pm

phil wrote:You just used a whataboutism argument. When you yourself have remained silent on other issues.

It's not whataboutism if you are drawing an analogy.  The purpose of the tu quoque fallacy is to avoid the subject by focusing on a false equivalency.

Les spends plenty of effort discussing the issue. He's hardly avoiding it when he zones in, and takes on the point directly.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 30677
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Andy wrote:So the lefts who throw shakes are terrorists, whilst the rights who murder Left MP's are  headbaskets.

The logic of the right.
And WHY are they called the far right, when they are far wrong,?
and there it is, the fascists calling a man who served his country for 20 years a terrorist

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Andy on Thu May 23, 2019 6:31 pm

I will leave that to everyone else to comment on just how stupid your remark is,Dyk.
You have lost the plot.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Thorin on Thu May 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:You just used a whataboutism argument. When you yourself have remained silent on other issues.

It's not whataboutism if you are drawing an analogy.  The purpose of the tu quoque fallacy is to avoid the subject by focusing on a false equivalency.

Les spends plenty of effort discussing the issue.  He's hardly avoiding it when he zones in, and takes on the point directly.

He did focus on at least two false false equivalcies

Hence whataboutism

Own Jones and Anna Soubry had no comparrison to this

Thorin

Posts : 9715
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Thorin on Thu May 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Andy wrote:So the lefts who throw shakes are terrorists, whilst the rights who murder Left MP's are  headbaskets.

The logic of the right.
And WHY are they called the far right, when they are far wrong,?

No the right, threw an egg at an antisemitic terrorist supporter (Corbyn) Andy, of which The Devil You Know also said was wrong

That is the point The Devil You Know was making in regards to an antisemitic terrorist

Read carefully back to what he said

Thorin

Posts : 9715
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Your bigotry, fascism and intolerance is available for everyone to see in almost all your posts. I'll go further. I would suggest because you promote, support and vote for an institutionally anti semitic party you are an antisemite and true heir to the nazi's of the 30's.

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
IF you vote labour under corbyn you are an antisemite.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 23, 2019 7:48 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's not whataboutism if you are drawing an analogy.  The purpose of the tu quoque fallacy is to avoid the subject by focusing on a false equivalency.

Les spends plenty of effort discussing the issue.  He's hardly avoiding it when he zones in, and takes on the point directly.

He did focus on at least two false false equivalcies

Hence whataboutism

Own Jones and Anna Soubry had no comparrison to this

And, what  was the diversion? He wasn't changing the subject.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 30677
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Thorin on Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:

He did focus on at least two false false equivalcies

Hence whataboutism

Own Jones and Anna Soubry had no comparrison to this

And, what  was the diversion?  He wasn't changing the subject.


Go back and read my replies

Its very straight forward and even Eilzel knows it was, as he decided to use childish slurs

Thorin

Posts : 9715
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Andy on Thu May 23, 2019 8:47 pm

This says it all.


Inside the neo-Nazi plot to kill a Labour MP https://www.theguardian.com/world/audio/2019/may/23/inside-the-neo-nazi-plot-to-kill-a-labour-mp-podcast?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Thorin on Thu May 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Andy wrote:This says it all.


Inside the neo-Nazi plot to kill a Labour MP https://www.theguardian.com/world/audio/2019/may/23/inside-the-neo-nazi-plot-to-kill-a-labour-mp-podcast?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Whataboutism again

I am glad they have thwarted this attack, just as i am glad, that many extremist attempts to murder people have been thwarted through intelligence, but what has this to do with anything here Andy?

Thorin

Posts : 9715
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Andy on Thu May 23, 2019 8:58 pm

comparison, Didge.
Over the years, plenty of Labour politicians have succumbed to pelting of eggs, flour and paint, and often ridiculed and guffawed at by the( rw) press.
That was wrong, as are the milkshake attacks, but a little perspective is needed.
There is a bit of a difference between getting egged or shaked, and getting knifed to death in a planned attacked by extreme terrorists. They ARE  deranged, but that isn't the reason for the attacks , their ideology is at the heart of their motivation.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Thorin on Thu May 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Andy wrote:comparison, Didge.
Over the years, plenty of Labour politicians have succumbed to pelting of eggs, flour and paint, and often ridiculed and guffawed at by the( rw) press.
That was wrong, as are the milkshake attacks, but a little perspective is needed.
There is a bit of a difference between getting egged or shakes, and getting knifed to death in a planned attacked by extreme terrorists. They ARE  deranged, but that isn't the reason for the attacks , their ideology is at the heart of their motivation

How is that a comparrison?

There is a big difference between getting egged or shakes thrown over someone

I agree its not a comparisson. As actual threats should be taken seriously

Yet we are seeing similar extreme threats to Jewish MP's of late

This lady has left Labour and needs Police protection Andy



How about John Mann's family Andy?

So I agree there is a big difference and yet this threat is coming from the extreme left, is it not?

Thorin

Posts : 9715
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by eddie on Thu May 23, 2019 11:04 pm

No one should throw anything at anyone, full stop, but that’s what happens when you align yourself with a “political” gang.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39829
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage slams 'radicalised Remainers' after he is pelted with MILKSHAKE during European election tour to Newcastle as politicians from BOTH sides slam 'violent and intimidating’ trend

Post by Andy on Fri May 24, 2019 7:21 pm

Just read that Farage has been attacked yet again
A lout hurled 6 pots of yoghurt over him.
Apparently he was completely Müllered.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum