Guess who came around our house last night?

Go down

Guess who came around our house last night? Empty Guess who came around our house last night?

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Many thanks to Gelico for riding trains for an hour to come visit me and Eddie last night!

She's great company -- a good listener who has something meaningful to say, is honest, thoughtful and just a lot of fun. I think she's funnier in person than on here, maybe (not to say she isn't on here, of course).

It was great meeting you, Gels! But you did get tobacco on my carpet Laughing

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Guess who came around our house last night? Empty Re: Guess who came around our house last night?

Post by eddie on Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 pm

What a great night! All of us taking until 7am and what a crazy laugh you have Gels. Loved seeing you and hope to do it again soon.

You’re really a brilliant, real and beautiful human.

And funny as fuck.

Gemini tings. Cool

Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Guess who came around our house last night? Empty Re: Guess who came around our house last night?

Post by phildidge on Sat May 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Glad you had a great time gelico and i would certainly love to meet you as well. As you would have me all night in stitches

Was told myself about coming up for a meet and drink back in Feb by Eddie via PM, though has never happened. Shame really. Guess she forgot.

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat May 18, 2019 9:47 pm

phildidge wrote:Glad you had a great time gelico and i would certainly love to meet you as well. As you would have me all night in stitches

Was told myself about coming up for a meet and drink back in Feb by Eddie via PM, though has never happened. Shame really. Guess she forgot.

Haven’t forgotten. Not next Saturday but the Saturday after we don’t have the little one. So we are free then.

Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phildidge on Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 pm

eddie wrote:
phildidge wrote:Glad you had a great time gelico and i would certainly love to meet you as well. As you would have me all night in stitches

Haven’t forgotten. Not next Saturday but the Saturday after we don’t have the little one. So we are free then.

No can do, am going to be in Ireland for the next month or so.

I will remind you when back in the country.

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 pm

phildidge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Cool beans, could you PM me where you live?

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by phildidge on Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I live In Ashford, Kent. Ben. Anyway, I thought, I was coming up to meet you? Happy to send if you need.

Have to go over to Ireland for a while, not sure how long as two of my uncles, former boxers. Now have alzheimer's. Which is progressively getting worse and need to be with my family to help. So will remind again when back

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 18, 2019 10:00 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I live In Ashford, Kent. Ben. Anyway, I thought, I was coming up to meet you? Happy to send if you need.

Have to go over to Ireland for a while, not sure how long as two of my uncles, former boxers. Now have alzheimer's. Which is progressively getting worse and need to be with my family to help. So will remind again when back

Sorry they're doing so poorly. Yeah, we'll figure out the meet-up when you're back; I was just thinking I might like to see Kent because thus far, I really only know some parts of London and a few towns in Essex.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by phildidge on Sat May 18, 2019 10:05 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Sorry they're doing so poorly. Yeah, we'll figure out the meet-up when you're back; I was just thinking I might like to see Kent because thus far, I really only know some parts of London and a few towns in Essex.

Mate its life and age. No doubt due to an earlier life of boxing, but thanks anyway

Well if you came down here. I would suggest you bring all the family and come to meet in Canterbury for the day. Its a wonderful place and has so much history. Its far more lively than Ashford. You can also get the fast train down. Its a day out for all of you. So happy to do this also when back. You could actually visit "Canterbury tales".

https://www.canterburytales.org.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2v7mBRC1ARIsAAiw349aSb2zrdSMQqFOCcQU7Fdg3RCR-QAyCE75ccP63vaCoxk1wXJEXcsaAlHTEALw_wcB

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat May 18, 2019 10:39 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Having been in that position all last year, I wish you well didge, You will need all your strength, and you will need to stay placid for your own sake. Whilst caring for your uncles DONT forget to take the necessary time to care for yourself.

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phildidge on Sat May 18, 2019 10:45 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Having been in that position all last year, I wish you well didge, You will need all your strength, and you will need to stay placid for your own sake. Whilst caring for your uncles DONT forget to take the necessary time to care for yourself.

Thank you mate, that is sound advice. Really appreciate that .
Not really worrried about me. Its how my cousins, their children are coping.
I hope you dont mind, if I may email you further for advice on this, being that you hae gone through this. Would really appreciate the help. As am going into uncharted territory here

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat May 18, 2019 11:20 pm

feel free to email me mate I'll pm you my email

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Sat May 18, 2019 11:21 pm

i'm so glad i made it over guys (sorry about my timekeeping and all)

I have to say you are just the same as you are on here and i felt so at home with you both right away. it was a great night.

@ Ben, here's a thought i had when you and edds finally retired to the boudoir (I vaguely remember sinking further and further into your sofa and edds putting a blanket over me) but it never even occurred to me before. I had vaguely assumed that the transition would be easy but

you've left your home land and travelled half way across the world
you've left your family and friends
you've left your job
you've taken over a completely new role as housekeeper which youve never done before

thinking about it the prospect seems quite terrifying and yet,,,,

the house looks imaculate, truly beautiful
you seem to be on first name terms with everyone at tesco
you've won the hearts and minds of two kids of two different genders, two very different ages with completely different needs
you have no friction with their dad
and on top of that you manage to handle even eddie as well

seriously, i don't think there are many guys with the courage and the heart to first of all take that leap and also have the ability to be so damn good at it. This country needs people like you so sending good vibes

edds, thanks for all the whiskey and the loan of your sofa.

it must have been you dropping the baccy. it couldn't have been me. i was on my best behaviour, what with taking my boots off and all and i didn't fart on your sofa, no not even once, so i didn't.

also littlelegs is adorable, she reminded me of a little pixie lol!

gelico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat May 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Hahahahahahahaha I don’t mind a fart or two and there was baccy on my side of the room too....

And what do you mean “you manage to handle even eddie as well”???

Cheeky bitch. Razz

Lovely words to Ben. Thank you x

eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Sat May 18, 2019 11:34 pm

phildidge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

sorry you're having to go through all this didge, it's a horrible condition.

i can only repeat what vic said, remember to take care of yourself in all this

wishing you well

gelico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 18, 2019 11:38 pm

Gels, thank you so much. This is one thing that's so good about you -- that you can really put yourself into someone's place and see what things must be like for them.

And you don't bullshit, so it means even more -- I know that I can trust that you mean what you said.

That really meant a lot to me.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by phildidge on Sat May 18, 2019 11:40 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

sorry you're having to go through all this didge, it's a horrible condition.  

i can only repeat what vic said, remember to take care of yourself in all this

wishing you well

Its even more complicated than that Gelico

One taught me to box and love to bits, my uncle Brian

The other (Peter) threatened to have me shot if i joined the British army when I was a teen. Of course I never could and failed the medical because of my asthma

He of course supports the IRA

I get on best with his son, Peter and we are very close. So very much mixed emotions Gelico, but he is family and its his children my cousins that I am really there for

Anyway, I am fine, but thank you, more upset for the rest of the family going through this.

Its just a really wierd position to be in in regards to my uncle Pete. Have hated him for years and yet now feel shame, that I did for what he is now going through.

Night

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun May 19, 2019 1:18 am

eddie wrote:Hahahahahahahaha I don’t mind a fart or two and there was baccy on my side of the room too....

And what do you mean “you manage to handle even eddie as well”???

Cheeky bitch. Razz

Lovely words to Ben. Thank you x

Yeah, I still want to know what you mean when you say “you manage to handle even eddie as well”

Pffff. He can be a right little shit. Guess who came around our house last night? 1942856362

eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 pm

I don't think that there's anyone here that I wouldnt like to meet. The house isn't all that big (but lovely) but I would certainly have the space for a damn big outdoor party even if the entire forum turned up - including 10 acres of woodland for the adventurous (or naughty!).

Middle of the country...not very far from Milton Keynes affraid
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon May 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I don't think that there's anyone here that I wouldnt like to meet. The house isn't all that big (but lovely) but I would certainly have the space for a damn big outdoor party even if the entire forum turned up - including 10 acres of woodland for the adventurous (or naughty!).

If we get the time and the finances we will come! cheers

eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Mon May 20, 2019 10:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:I don't think that there's anyone here that I wouldnt like to meet. The house isn't all that big (but lovely) but I would certainly have the space for a damn big outdoor party even if the entire forum turned up - including 10 acres of woodland for the adventurous (or naughty!).

You would be most welcome. A tour of the estate in a classic vintage Land Rover included! A unique view of a nearby farmhouse that was built when Henry V111 was king as a bonus.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon May 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
eddie wrote:

You would be most welcome. A tour of the estate in a classic vintage Land Rover included! A unique view of a nearby farmhouse that was built when Henry V111 was king as a bonus.

And a nice veggie meal for me and the good lady of the house. Cool

eddie
eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down