The Brexit stitch up

Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty The Brexit stitch up

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat May 11, 2019 9:13 pm





https://youtu.be/isfr1pn9iXY


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23091
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Lurker on Mon May 13, 2019 12:37 pm

He's a Debbie downer, for sure...

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
Lurker
Lurker

Posts : 6464
Join date : 2013-01-20
Location : Tennessee

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Lurker on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:32 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/how-brexit-might-break-britain-disunited-kingdom-n1062526


LONDON — The United Kingdom has 215 nuclear weapons and a permanent seat on the U.N. Security Council, and has been Washington's best friend for decades.

Less than 100 years ago it ruled over Canada, Nigeria, India, Australia and more, covering almost a quarter of the world's territory and population.

Yet in recent months there has been growing alarm that the U.K. is in danger of breaking apart. Nothing like this has happened before — not to a modern democracy with such geopolitical and historical standing.

The U.K. is unusual because it comprises four nations: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Were one of these to leave the U.K., many would see it as a dismal end to centuries of British history, further diminishing its role as a cornerstone of the Western postwar alliance.

"We should be genuinely worried. There's no doubt about that," former Prime Minister Tony Blair told NBC News in an interview.

Tony Blair was speaking at his offices in London this summer. (Mark Allan / for NBC News)

"It's incredible to me," he said. "The factors at work here have come into play, not through some act of God, but because people created them."

In fact all five of the U.K.'s living former leaders warn that this is no longer some vague hypothetical; the possible roadmap to disintegration is now clear. Scotland or Northern Ireland — or both — could conceivably hold referendums to leave the U.K. within the next five to 10 years.

Its breakup would be cheered by separatists who see the Parliament in London as a colonial throwback deaf to their interests. They point to the recent rise in English nationalism and the prime ministership of Boris Johnson, who has upended constitutional norms during his short time in office.

But at the heart of the turmoil lies Brexit.

_________________
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
Lurker
Lurker

Posts : 6464
Join date : 2013-01-20
Location : Tennessee

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:33 am



Tony Blair is a cnut!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23091
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by nicko on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:24 am

Tony Bliar lied to us and took us into an illegal war with the loss of hundreds of British lives !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12551
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Eilzel on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:20 pm

nicko wrote:Tony Bliar lied to us and took us into an illegal war with the loss of hundreds of British lives  !

The Conservative party, including BoJo, voted overwhelmingly for the Iraq war too.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Andy on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Why let a fact get in the way of lies and smears, Lez. That's Rambo's only contributions to this forum.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Tony Blair also promised us a referendum on the EU cobstitution/lisbon treaty... but then just fudged it through and denied us a say...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 23091
Join date : 2014-02-12

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:35 pm

Eilzel wrote:
nicko wrote:Tony Bliar lied to us and took us into an illegal war with the loss of hundreds of British lives  !

The Conservative party, including BoJo, voted overwhelmingly for the Iraq war too.
On the basis of blairs lies......


_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10651
Join date : 2015-11-06

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:44 am

Victorismyhero wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

The Conservative party, including BoJo, voted overwhelmingly for the Iraq war too.
On the basis of blairs lies......

Which was on the basis of Republican VP Cheney's lies. The only sin of Blair is in not being his own man. He relished the role of lapdog.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 30495
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by Eilzel on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:14 am

Victorismyhero wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
nicko wrote:Tony Bliar lied to us and took us into an illegal war with the loss of hundreds of British lives  !

The Conservative party, including BoJo, voted overwhelmingly for the Iraq war too.
On the basis of blairs lies......


Didn't convince Charles Kennedy or other politicians with a brain tbf.

And are you honestly saying Ian Duncan Smith or any Tory leader wouldn't have fallen into step with GWB at the time?

Tories and New Labour were the same where military intervention is concerned.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8047
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by 'Wolfie on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:44 am

Lurker wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/how-brexit-might-break-britain-disunited-kingdom-n1062526


LONDON — The United Kingdom has 215 nuclear weapons and a permanent seat on the U.N. Security Council, and has been Washington's best friend for decades.

Less than 100 years ago it ruled over Canada, Nigeria, India, Australia and more, covering almost a quarter of the world's territory and population.

Yet in recent months there has been growing alarm that the U.K. is in danger of breaking apart. Nothing like this has happened before — not to a modern democracy with such geopolitical and historical standing.

The U.K. is unusual because it comprises four nations: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Were one of these to leave the U.K., many would see it as a dismal end to centuries of British history, further diminishing its role as a cornerstone of the Western postwar alliance.

"We should be genuinely worried. There's no doubt about that," former Prime Minister Tony Blair told NBC News in an interview.

Tony Blair was speaking at his offices in London this summer. (Mark Allan / for NBC News)

"It's incredible to me," he said. "The factors at work here have come into play, not through some act of God, but because people created them."

In fact all five of the U.K.'s living former leaders warn that this is no longer some vague hypothetical; the possible roadmap to disintegration is now clear. Scotland or Northern Ireland — or both — could conceivably hold referendums to leave the U.K. within the next five to 10 years.

Its breakup would be cheered by separatists who see the Parliament in London as a colonial throwback deaf to their interests. They point to the recent rise in English nationalism and the prime ministership of Boris Johnson, who has upended constitutional norms during his short time in office.

But at the heart of the turmoil lies Brexit.
Basketball

Britain actually let New Zealand and Canada go in the late 19th century (over 120 years ago..),  and Australia in 1901 (118 years ago..).

The 'British Empire' was already in decline "100 years ago"..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7734
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

The Brexit stitch up Empty Re: The Brexit stitch up

Post by 'Wolfie on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:53 am

Victorismyhero wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

The Conservative party, including BoJo, voted overwhelmingly for the Iraq war too.
On the basis of blairs lies......

Arrow

Blair didn't invent those lies, though...

That "intelligence" was manufactured by Republican stooges in the CIA and Dept of Defence, to enable GWB, Cheney and Rumsfeld to invade Iraq;  where they essentially  based their fairytales on one British uni' student's hypothetical thesis..

Centre-right political leaders PMs Tony Blair (UK Labour) and John Howard (Australia, LNP..) were the first allies to fall in behind the Americans, followed by another 17 countries over the next few months.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7734
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum