Smelly, are you brave enough?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Smelly, are you brave enough?  Empty Smelly, are you brave enough?

Post by eddie on Sat May 11, 2019 12:07 am

Okay, I am making this thread so that I can talk to you and really understand what it is, that you’re trying to say without any bullshit.

See, I don’t see people the way that others do and whilst I know that you and I disagree on many topics, I can still listen to you without being offended or triggered or self-righteous.  I’m not special, but I do have an ability to let someone have an opinion and not really be offended by it.
And neither do I have a need to be right.

So I am asking you to talk to me, here, answer my questions and I’ll answer yours and this will be a chance for you to stand up and be counted without the macho bullshit or the need to be arsey, to get your point across.  

You intrigue me and I’ll tell you why: you’re not stupid and you’re not a troll yet you continually let yourself down by being an arse when you try to get your point across. I understand this because I can be a little like that myself if I feel that I have a huge point to make without using too many words.  I become harsh and blunt.

So this is my request. Let you and I tackle some of your points without the bullshit of sidetracking or name-calling or the need to be the big-I-am.

If you get annoyed and call me an idiot or you use harsh language I won’t be bothered - those things rarely annoy me tbh - I’ll only get fixated on the point you may be making if you don’t answer with honesty.

I don’t care how it ends or whether we agree - the point isn’t about agreeing in any case - I just want you to be open and honest for once.  

If you don’t want to partake I’ll dump the thread in the bin.

No one else is permitted to post on here (please people) so there will be no sidestepping.

It isn’t a trick or a trap, I really don’t work that way.

Fancy it?

Let me know.

And you get to decide whether you ask the question or I do.

May be your only chance to be heard....properly.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Smelly, are you brave enough?  Empty Re: Smelly, are you brave enough?

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2019 7:47 am

My points??

What points would those be as you see them???

You've made this thread with some thought in your head, seems you're the one who has the points to make, so make them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2019 8:22 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I thought that threads aimed at another poster were not allowed.

BOOM!!!!!!

straight out of left field

lol!

That really tickled me

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Sat May 11, 2019 8:54 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I thought that threads aimed at another poster were not allowed.

As per eddie's request, to keep this between them, can other posters please retrain from posting in this thread.

Thanks.

NOTE: This post isn't 'aimed' at attacking, it's aimed at having a 2-way discussion.

EDIT, FROM BEN: The rules state that we're not allowed to create threads to ANTAGONIZE other members. This is not antagonistic.

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Sat May 11, 2019 9:09 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

As per eddie's request, to keep this between them, can other posters please retrain from posting in this thread.

Thanks.

NOTE: This post isn't 'aimed' at attacking, it's aimed at having a 2-way discussion.

What's wrong with the PM system if they want to chat?

Thanks.

I'm going to delete any further comments by posters other than Eds and smelly.

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat May 11, 2019 12:53 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:My points??

You've made this thread with some thought in your head, seems you're the one who has the points to make, so make them.

Okay seeing as you asked, I will.

I’d like for you to tell me what you think of Human beings. All humans, all colours, all races, all sexes. It’s a general question.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2019 6:49 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:My points??

Okay seeing as you asked, I will.

I’d like for you to tell me what you think of Human beings. All humans, all colours, all races, all sexes. It’s a general question.

thats a weird question

i think humans are shit, a failed experiment, if god exists he must be thinking "what the FUCK was i thinking" and if there is any truth to the flood story, i can fully appreciate why he did that, the only thing i dont get is why hasnt he done it to us since then?? promises be damned, there is no way the old world was more decayed and depraved that this one and the sooner some super ebola strain takes us down the better if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat May 11, 2019 8:37 pm

Why do you feel that way?

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 11, 2019 8:45 pm

phildidge wrote:
eddie wrote:Why do you feel that way?

I can provide an answer and it has everything to do with Christian apocalypse Eddie

Fair play if you have no wish to have my opinion on this, but take stock of what he is saying

That to him, humanity is a sickness that needs to be eradicated

Its little different to the extreme view points of ISIS

That they have little respect or value to human life and place more stock in an after life. This allows for the dehumanisation of human beings and see them as little more than spiders to be trod on.

I can say more, but either smelly is on a wind up or is completely extreme in his hate for humanity

Please -- no commentary on this thread from anyone besides Eddie and Smelly. All comments from other users will be deleted.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 11, 2019 9:25 pm

eddie wrote:Why do you feel that way?

for the same reasons you dont i imagine.

if you see goodness all around you and the people you meet are all good then you see goodness in the world and in people, you know the bad stuff exists but its over there somewhere, its in hollywood and their worst is creative license, your perception of the world is coloured by your experiences in it, same as everyone.

what would a child who grew up in syria think of the world?? or the child soldiers of africa??

would their views of the world be positive or negative?? they would be negative, and would they be wrong??

now,my turn

what is this Q and A about really, why the sudden interest??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 pm

That’s a very interesting opinion and I do understand what you’re saying, but I will counter it with this:

Some children in Syria may just be born optimistic? Or resilient or even logical enough to understand the good that they see with their own eyes and experiences.

in answer to your question - though I felt I’d already covered it in my original post - I just wanted the chance to get to the “whys” of your views without someone else sidetracking it and also for others to actually read what you say without just simply waiting to respond to make you wrong.
It happens a lot on forums.

So can I ask you this: don’t you have any positive thoughts on humans at all?

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 13, 2019 1:07 pm

eddie wrote:That’s a very interesting opinion and I do understand what you’re saying, but I will counter it with this:

Some children in Syria may just be born optimistic? Or resilient or even logical enough to understand the good that they see with their own eyes and experiences.

in answer to your question - though I felt I’d already covered it in my original post - I just wanted the chance to get to the “whys” of your views without someone else sidetracking it and also for others to actually read what you say without just simply waiting to respond to make you wrong.

It's a rare day for me to have positive thoughts about humans, mostly its when some ranger is helping out an animal, that's normally the closest a person gets to doing a truly selfless deed.

But day to day I avoid people as much as possible, I've even stopped looking at their faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon May 13, 2019 7:56 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:That’s a very interesting opinion and I do understand what you’re saying, but I will counter it with this:

It's a rare day for me to have positive thoughts about humans, mostly its when some ranger is helping out an animal, that's normally the closest a person gets to doing a truly selfless deed.

But day to day I avoid people as much as possible, I've  even stopped looking at their faces.

Are you being serious? How can you think of all humans the same way? What made you like that, smelly?

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2019 7:20 am

Not all humans, there is no such thing as all of anything, since statistically there will always be anomalies.

However think on this, civilization, such as it is, will collapse in about a fortnight if not sooner, they say that humanity is 9 meals away from total anarchy and barbarism.

That's like 3 days without food and everyone starts going medieval on each other.

What's happens when there is a disaster??? Looters and criminal vermin come out to play, even ordinary normally law abiding people become savage.

Look at Grenfell, it became a fashion statement to be seen helping out, meghan Merkel jumped right on that bandwagon, those volunteers weren't there for the goodness of it, they were there for the selfies and likes on Instagram

how many scammers took advantage of that situation???

I was chatting to a lad that went out to help with disaster relief for hurricane irma.

He told me that part of his time there he had to pull security on the governors residence and he overheard a lot of what was going on, he said that some businessman who owned a chain of grocery shops on the island was furious because the bootnecks were too effective at handing out Aid, said it was hurting his profits, so the lads were ordered to give out less aid so the people would be forced to go back and spend money in his shops

He said some red Cross cretin turned up when they were handing out aid and took a photo of himself handing out aid and then fucked off again.

The list of people being shithouses goes on and on

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed May 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Quill -- and everyone else -- you were specifically asked not to post in this thread. Please stop.

- Beck
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed May 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Okay smelly, next question.

Do you think whites, on the whole, are somehow “better” than blacks or Asians etc?

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 am

eddie wrote:Okay smelly, next question.

Do you think whites, on the whole, are somehow “better” than blacks or Asians etc?

I’ll rephrase the question if that’s not phrased right. I realise it’s a little “blunt” or direct.

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 17, 2019 7:13 am

eddie wrote:

I’ll rephrase the question if that’s not phrased right. I realise it’s a little “blunt” or direct.

Not avoiding you, I'm transplanting my computer into a new chassis and its taking longer than I anticipated.

Bloody cable management!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri May 17, 2019 7:51 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:

Not avoiding you, I'm transplanting my computer into a new chassis and its taking longer than I anticipated.

Bloody cable management!!!!

No problem. I don’t even know what a “chassis” is. scratch

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat May 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Whenever you’re ready....

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:29 am

I had high hopes for this thread!

- Beck
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I had high hopes for this thread!

No one else is permitted to post on here (please people) so there will be no sidestepping.

Smelly, are you brave enough?  3755771736

Ooops, I just posted on it. Laughing

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Well seeing as Smelly hasn't even logged in for 7 weeks....does it matter?? Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Well seeing as Smelly hasn't even logged in for 7 weeks....does it matter?? Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Smelly is in the Marines, [spit] away on service !
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:36 pm

nicko wrote:Smelly is in the Marines, [spit] away on service !

Ahhh....he will have more important matters on his mind then....no wonder this thread has tumbleweed blowing through it Wink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:25 am

nicko wrote:Smelly is in the Marines, [spit] away on service !

More likely they dont allow internet in prison.

Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:33 am

Now now Andy don't be nasty Laughing
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:05 pm

nicko wrote:Now now Andy don't be nasty Laughing
Nasty?  Moi?

Perish the thought.
 A spell of penitential rehab might be good for Smelly's soul.

Andy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Colechester is a lovely place, but infested with "red caps". Should send our naughty boys there !
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 pm

I’m sure when he returns, he will be happy to reply.

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Most likely that he has suddenly realised we were right about everything and he was wrong about everything.
He has crawled under his rock in shame and is too embarrassed to emerge.

Andy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:00 pm

If he's out on a exercise he can't answer can he ?
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:22 pm

thats a complicated question, on the whole?? the whole of what??

the whole of history??

and what do you mean by better??? better at what??

its also further complicated by the fact that the world isnt split into ethnostates.

but if you want a rough answer, yes.

whites are generally "better" than every other race, the vast majority of world changing inventions or discoveries were made in the "white world" ie the west.

let me ask you this

if i said that you had to leave the UK and go live in switzerland (as white as they get) or somalia (as black as it gets) or pakistan (as asain as it gets) where would you choose to move to??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:31 pm

I’d choose Switzerland out of all those countries simply because the other countries don’t appeal to me, but I’m pretty sure it’s not because of the colour of the natives’ skins.

So you think whites are better (for the reasons you listed) because they’re white or because of where they were born ie Western world?

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:23 pm

eddie wrote:I’d choose Switzerland out of all those countries simply because the other countries don’t appeal to me, but I’m pretty sure it’s not because of the colour of the natives’ skins.

So you think whites are better (for the reasons you listed) because they’re white or because of where they were born ie Western world?  

what if you were somalian and i said to you that you had to leave somalia and go live in Djibouti (next country over) switzerland or pakistan?? youd choose switzerland again.

the question here then is why is switzerland or any western (white) country better than any asian/black country?? i can switch the countries around and you would always choose any white country over any non white country if i asked you, failing that you would always choose the country that you perceived to be the least black/asian.

and the second question is now a different one, it breaks the whole down to the individual. i never said i think that individually whites are better,but only as a whole, and NOT simply because they are white, that is as dumb as saying i think people with blue eyes are on the whole better than people with green eyes.

or where they are born, like i said the world is not broken down into ethnostates, blacks/asians in the white western world can and have achieved just as much as anyone else in that world.

but as a whole the western world is white and is better than everywhere else, that is not white. given the choice you freely choose the one of the whitest countries in world over a black or asian country to live in.

on some level you understand why i have this view.

look at what the white western world has achieved vs everyone else, every modern invention that exists in the non white world was probably develped by whites in the west : the telephone, electricity ,air travel, the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:30 pm

That’s a fair enough post, I can see where you’re coming from but...China? Isn’t that a country that makes a shit ton of stuff and has become rich from the western world and their love of all things “Made in China”?

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:46 pm

eddie wrote:That’s a fair enough post, I can see where you’re coming from but...China? Isn’t that a country that makes a shit ton of stuff and has become rich from the western world and their love of all things “Made in China”?

uh uh

manufacturing stuff, not making stuff

i just bought loads of water cooling stuff from there, same quality as the western stuff and much cheaper.

yeah they are great at manufacturing stuff, but look at how they do it. they have a communist system that is much better at exploiting workers than our capitalist system in the west in.

its not called a "chinese knockoff" for no reason, the reason its a knock off is because they copied the design from somewhere else (mostly us) and are able to repoduce it at a fraction of the cost and in many cases a fraction of the quality, and the reason its cheaper is because they exploit their workforce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:47 pm

also look at chinas economy, they be Fucked!!!!!! with a capital F

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:38 pm

So okay...I want to know something that’s quite personal, if you want to answer it.

Are you happy with being so tired of the human race? Can’t you see any good in anyone?

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:45 pm

eddie wrote:So okay...I want to know something that’s quite personal, if you want to answer it.

Are you happy with being so tired of the human race? Can’t you see any good in anyone?

the good in people??

whats good?? whats bad?? a set of rules made by humans to distinguish between good and bad behaviour, the definitions are abitrary and the degrees between one and the other are blurred.

abortion is bad, but that idea runs contrary to mainstream opinion which is pro abortion, does that make me bad and abortion good??

people are good because in theory there is system of punishment in place for those become bad, the fear of that punishment keeps people good.

people are naturally selfish and naturally evil, they say we are 9 meals aways from total anarchy thats 3 days of no food before peoples natural default becomes "bad" in a collapsed society with no rules or fear of punishment, good people will do unspeakable things to each other just because they can or because they feel they have to, i take what you have because i want/need it and because im stronger, grudges would spill over into blood, deeply held prejudices or views would manifest in violence.

do i see the good?? no all i see is the potential for bad held in check by a gossamer thread

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:02 pm

So it’s powerful people you dislike? Or the potential of the bad in people? Do you think you could feel any emotion at all if say, I died or something bad happened to me?

I’m not asking for a public show of emotion here smelly, I’d just like you to answer if you can

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:34 pm

eddie wrote:So it’s powerful people you dislike? Or the potential of the bad in people? Do you think you could feel any emotion at all if say, I died or something bad happened to me?

I’m not asking for a public show of emotion here smelly, I’d just like you to answer if you can  

powerful or not people are just people, and all people are generally more bad than good

you?? i dont know you or anything about you,why would i have an emotional response to your misfortune??? if you were to suffer misfortune i would not be happy but neither would i be sad.

i would probably feel a flash of some emotion because i can recognize that it would suck to be you, followed by relief thats its you and not me and then move on, your misfortune would probably remind me to be grateful for what i have got and not to take things for granted.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:44 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:So it’s powerful people you dislike? Or the potential of the bad in people? Do you think you could feel any emotion at all if say, I died or something bad happened to me?

powerful or not people are just people, and all people are generally more bad than good

you?? i dont know you or anything about you,why would i have an emotional response to your misfortune??? if you were to suffer misfortune i would not be happy but neither would i be sad.

i would probably feel a flash of some emotion because i can recognize that it would suck to be you, followed by relief thats its you and not me and then move on, your misfortune would probably remind me to be grateful for what i have got and not to take things for granted.

That’s a fair enough response. I appreciate that.
But I’d say, and correct me if I’m wrong, that you definitely prefer some people to others, right?

Do you think, compared to others, like on forums where emotion is sometimes shown, that you are colder because of your scepticism about humans?
I’m trying to understand why you have no empathy or sympathy sometimes.

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:27 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

That’s a fair enough response. I appreciate that.
But I’d say, and correct me if I’m wrong, that you definitely prefer some people to others, right?

Do you think, compared to others, like on forums where emotion is sometimes shown, that you are colder because of your scepticism about humans?
I’m trying to understand why you have no empathy or sympathy sometimes.  

yes i prefer people who are my friends and family to people who are strangers.

how can i feel empathy towards someone when i havent experience what they have????

a woman who sufferes a miscarriage for example, how could i empathise wth her???

i can logically understand she has lost her baby and recognize she would be emotionally distraught but i i havent experienced that type of lose so i couldnt put myself in her shoes to understand what she is going through.

as far as sympathy goes i feel its a waste of time, what good does it serve??? patting some one on the head saying "there there it will be ok" isnt in my opinion going to make it ok.

if someone breaks themself they need a medic with morphine not hugs and kisses.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:18 am

So smelly you left before we could get any deeper. Shame.
I thought you were here to see some things out.

Seems not.

Hope you return soon. We had so much more to explore.

eddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:23 am

He probably harbours the same health thoughts about you as he does about me.
But he knows that what he says about me he can get away with, smirking, but it would  result in a life ban if he posted it about you.

Andy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:29 am

Oooh, can others post in this thread now?

I think Smelly's feelings (or non feelings) about others are quite normal. When someone has some bad news, others make the right noises, but if they don't really know that person, or if that person doesn't affect their life, do they really feel that much emotion? They might think they do, but five minutes later they just get on with what they were doing.

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Oooh, can others post in this thread now?

I think Smelly's feelings (or non feelings) about others are quite normal. When someone has some bad news, others make the right noises, but if they don't really know that person, or if that person doesn't affect their life, do they really feel that much emotion? They might think they do, but five minutes later they just get on with what they were doing.

I dont agree, and we had a similar conversation about the Manchester arena bomb 2 years ago that killed and injured so many.

It would be insulting to the ones who lost children and loved ones to make out that everyone else felt that deep sadness that will last for ever, obviously no one could who hasn't been in that position...but the grief the people of Manchester suffered, and in many cases still do, was very real.
Empathy and sympathy are basic human emotion that strangers can deeply feel when they see or hear about others tragedies and sadness.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:44 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Oooh, can others post in this thread now?

I dont agree, and we had a similar conversation about the Manchester arena bomb 2 years ago that killed and injured so many.

It would be insulting to the ones who lost children and loved ones to make out that everyone else felt that deep sadness that will last for ever, obviously no one could who hasn't been in that position...but the grief the people of Manchester suffered, and in many cases still do, was very real.
Empathy and sympathy are basic human emotion that strangers can deeply feel when they see or hear about others tragedies and sadness.

I agree. There is a basic human bond that causes people to unite and share emotional experiences. But, in fairness to Raggs, conservatives have indeed dedicated themselves to individualism, selfism and all that social atomism creates. Unfortunately, this leads to a denial--if not a complete estrangement--of those core instincts.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum