First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by eddie on Tue May 07, 2019 11:10 pm

Perth man accused of creating fake Instagram pages under his ex-girlfriend’s name and sharing intimate photographs

The 24-year-old, from Spearwood, is alleged to have taken the images of his 24-year-old girlfriend, with her knowledge and consent, during their relationship.

“It will be alleged when the relationship broke down, the man created a false Instagram page in the victim’s name and posted seven intimate images of her without her consent,” WA police said in a statement on Monday.

“It will be further alleged when the Instagram page was removed, four other Instagram pages were created in the victim’s name and a total of 10 intimate images were posted.”

The man has been charged with distributing an intimate image of another person without their consent, under the Criminal Law Amendment (Intimate Images) Act 2018 which came into force on 15 April.

He is due to appear before then family violence court at Fremantle magistrates court on 20 May.

The new laws make it illegal for someone to share or threaten to share an intimate image of a person without their consent. They also empower courts to issue order take-down orders.

The law covers images or videos of people who are wholly or partly naked; in their underwear; performing a “private act”; or have had their face digitally manipulated to appear onto another body.

The offence is punishable by up to 18 months’ jail when tried in the magistrates court.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/06/first-person-charged-under-western-australias-new-revenge-porn-laws

Good. I think people like this are abhorrent. I hope it serves to scare more people off doing this kind of crap to others.

_________________
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.”
- Harper Lee
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38000
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Syl on Tue May 07, 2019 11:39 pm

I agree.
It could ruin someones  life. Ithink there was a similar case here not long ago and the woman was so devastated she tried to kill herself.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18760
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Wed May 08, 2019 4:37 am

These are usually revenge-motivated acts. Would it be the same if a jilted girlfriend posted pics of him in 'compromising' poses?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by eddie on Wed May 08, 2019 11:31 am

Original Quill wrote:These are usually revenge-motivated acts.  Would it be the same if a jilted girlfriend posted pics of him in 'compromising' poses?

Yes?

_________________
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.”
- Harper Lee
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38000
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Wed May 08, 2019 1:26 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:These are usually revenge-motivated acts.  Would it be the same if a jilted girlfriend posted pics of him in 'compromising' poses?

Yes?

I take by your question mark that you share my doubts. There is a double-standard afoot here, as there is with stalking, the Lafave syndrome, spousal abuse, and other similar crimes. One hopes that when it comes to apply the law in the opposite direction, that society won't shrug and say, well, boys will be boys!

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Cass on Wed May 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Good. It’s dangerous in these days and one of the huge downsides to social media. But when you have people becoming famous for releasing sex tapes you can see why we have gotten to this point.

A cousin of Mr. C’s and his soon to be ex-wife are going at it hammer and tongs on all social media. It’s almost gotten to the point where I’m going to block them both. At first it was slightly amusing but apparently police and social services have been called in and false accounts set up on some deeply dodgy dating apps. And while there are no children from this marriage, they have 11 (yes you read right) from previous relationships (many) and it’s harmful to them. It’s tacky beyond words. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see them show up on Jeremy Kyle.

Thank god my son and his ex have not sunk to such stupidity and are acting like adults.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5812
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by eddie on Wed May 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:These are usually revenge-motivated acts.  Would it be the same if a jilted girlfriend posted pics of him in 'compromising' poses?

Yes?

I take by your question mark that you share my doubts.  There is a double-standard afoot here, as there is with stalking, the Lafave syndrome, spousal abuse, and other similar crimes.  One hopes that when it comes to apply the law in the opposite direction, that society won't shrug and say, well, boys will be boys!

Yeah that sucks big time. An offence is an offence, no matter the sex of the person involved.

_________________
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.”
- Harper Lee
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38000
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed May 08, 2019 7:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:These are usually revenge-motivated acts.  Would it be the same if a jilted girlfriend posted pics of him in 'compromising' poses?

Yes?

I take by your question mark that you share my doubts.  There is a double-standard afoot here, as there is with stalking, the Lafave syndrome, spousal abuse, and other similar crimes.  One hopes that when it comes to apply the law in the opposite direction, that society won't shrug and say, well, boys will be boys!

Yeah that sucks big time. An offence is an offence, no matter the sex of the person involved.

BUT...given that society (via govt and especially the courts) is unwilling to act when males are the victim of female wrong doings, and also when action IS (rarely) taken the punishments are derogatory and pathetic.....surely it would be better if the law under scrutiny was simpkle repealed....in order of course to further equality and "equity" in the law?

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10411
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by eddie on Wed May 08, 2019 7:37 pm

I cannot disagree Vic.

_________________
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.”
- Harper Lee
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38000
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Syl on Wed May 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Cass wrote:Good. It’s dangerous in these days and one of the huge downsides to social media. But when you have people becoming famous for releasing sex tapes you can see why we have gotten to this point.

A cousin of Mr. C’s and his soon to be ex-wife are going at it hammer and tongs on all social media. It’s almost gotten to the point where I’m going to block them both. At first it was slightly amusing but apparently police and social services have been called in and false accounts set up on some deeply dodgy dating apps. And while there are no children from this marriage, they have 11 (yes you read right) from previous relationships (many) and it’s harmful to them. It’s tacky beyond words. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see them show up on Jeremy Kyle.

Thank god my son and his ex have not sunk to such stupidity and are acting like adults.

We used to call it washing your dirty linen in public. With the onset of social media that has taken on a whole new audience.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18760
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Wed May 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yeah that sucks big time. An offence is an offence, no matter the sex of the person involved.

BUT...given that society (via govt and especially the courts) is unwilling to act when males are the victim of female wrong doings, and also when action IS (rarely) taken the punishments are derogatory and pathetic.....surely it would be better if the law under scrutiny was simpkle repealed....in order of course to further equality and "equity" in
the law?

I would disagree with that. Both male and female victims of this horrible crime have had a fight to be taken seriously. The stronger the laws, the greater their protection, and the greater the opportunity to raise general awareness. When Davey Wavey had intimate photos of himself leaked online by another man it was a female friend (who'd also suffered revenge porn) who counselled him to help him to heal.


Last edited by @lex on Wed May 08, 2019 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed May 08, 2019 8:43 pm

@lex wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yeah that sucks big time. An offence is an offence, no matter the sex of the person involved.

BUT...given that society (via govt and especially the courts) is unwilling to act when males are the victim of female wrong doings, and also when action IS (rarely) taken the punishments are derogatory and pathetic.....surely it would be better if the law under scrutiny was simpkle repealed....in order of course to further equality and "equity" in
the law?

I would disagree with that. Both male and female victims of this horrible crime have had a fight to be taken seriously. The stronger the laws, the greater their protection, and the greater the opportunity to raise general awareness. When Davey Wavey had intimate photos of himself leaked online by another man it was a female friend (who'd also suffered revenge porn) who counselled him to help him to heal.
However, both you and i know that that is bullshit, take two identical crimes, in front of the same judge, one committed by a man and one by a woman...guess who's going to jail, and who's going to get off with sympathetic words cos she's got "female" issues?

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10411
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Wed May 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:
@lex wrote:

I would disagree with that. Both male and female victims of this horrible crime have had a fight to be taken seriously. The stronger the laws, the greater their protection, and the greater the opportunity to raise general awareness. When Davey Wavey had intimate photos of himself leaked online by another man it was a female friend (who'd also suffered revenge porn) who counselled him to help him to heal.
However, both you and i know that that is bullshit, take two identical crimes, in front of the same judge, one committed by a man and one by a woman...guess who's going to jail, and who's going to get off with sympathetic words cos she's got "female" issues?

It might be more conducive to debate if you substantiate the claims you've made with actual facts, rather than just trying to smear other people's viewpoints as "bullshit".
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed May 08, 2019 9:26 pm

read the news papers, my point applies to almost any crime....

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10411
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Wed May 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:read the news papers, my point applies to almost any crime....
Ok. That's not really backing up your point.
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed May 08, 2019 9:59 pm

the evidence is overwhelming...what do you want a peer reviewed study?


_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10411
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Wed May 08, 2019 10:15 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:the evidence is overwhelming...what do you want a peer reviewed study?


It's *your* point to back up or not. At the moment all you're doing is reiterating that you're right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. Which seems meagre justification for the removing of laws protecting against revenge porn - removal you indicated you were in favor of earlier in the thread.
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed May 08, 2019 10:22 pm

its rather deeper than merely a law to protect against revenge porn...it goes to the heart of justice...

if a law is so flawed that it is in fact unjust (because it is applied "unjustly" depending on some "status" of the perp) the surely that law is in itself against justice and as such we are better off without it...
hint...being a "woman" is not a mitigation for ANY crime

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10411
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Wed May 08, 2019 10:34 pm

[quote="Victorismyhero"]its rather deeper than merely a law to protect against revenge porn...it goes to the heart of justice...

if a law is so flawed that it is in fact unjust (because it is applied "unjustly" depending on some "status" of the perp) the surely that law is in itself against justice and as such we are better off without it...
hint...being a "woman" is not a mitigation for ANY crime[/quote
]

You haven't really given the Australian legal system a chance to see whether this law will be applied equitably or not. One person - one - has been charged under it - and you're already determined it's unfair against men.
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 pm

yup. because its "western" law, I.e runs on the same principles as the rest of law across most of the "western countries"
look at the UK, in europe and in America....a woman is far far less harshly punished on average than a man for the same crimes....
A woman generally has the better of any man in divorce courts
and a man has poor to little chance in any custody battle....

the law is biased and is condoned as such by society....




_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10411
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Wed May 08, 2019 10:58 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:read the news papers, my point applies to almost any crime....

If you think all laws unjustly applied should be scrapped, and you also think all laws are unjustly applied in women's favor, the only logical conclusion is that *all* laws ought be scrapped.
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed May 08, 2019 11:04 pm

well....a bit of anarchy never hurt anyone did it?

in fact it has helped "progress" often enough.... First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws 2190311264

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10411
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 09, 2019 4:30 am

@lex wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:
However, both you and i know that that is bullshit, take two identical crimes, in front of the same judge, one committed by a man and one by a woman...guess who's going to jail, and who's going to get off with sympathetic words cos she's got "female" issues?

It might be more conducive to debate if you substantiate the claims you've made with actual facts, rather than just trying to smear other people's viewpoints as "bullshit".

Debora Lafave, a stunningly beautiful teacher in a Florida middle school...

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws 920x920

...was arrested for having sex with a 13-year old student.  She crossed the border with him into Georgia (a violation of the Mann Act), and had sex over there as well.  Georgia refused to prosecute, openly stating she was so beautiful that a jury would never convict.   The state of Florida did prosecute, and she was sentenced to house arrest, with reasonable visits to the mall.

Around the same time, a male teacher in North Carolina was sentenced to 22-years for having sex with a female student, 17-years old.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Cass on Thu May 09, 2019 5:02 am

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:Good. It’s dangerous in these days and one of the huge downsides to social media. But when you have people becoming famous for releasing sex tapes you can see why we have gotten to this point.

A cousin of Mr. C’s and his soon to be ex-wife are going at it hammer and tongs on all social media. It’s almost gotten to the point where I’m going to block them both. At first it was slightly amusing but apparently police and social services have been called in and false accounts set up on some deeply dodgy dating apps. And while there are no children from this marriage, they have 11 (yes you read right) from previous relationships (many) and it’s harmful to them. It’s tacky beyond words. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see them show up on Jeremy Kyle.

Thank god my son and his ex have not sunk to such stupidity and are acting like adults.

We used to call it washing your dirty linen in public. With the onset of social media that has taken on a whole new audience.

Sigh...it truly has.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5812
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Thu May 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote: ....The state of Florida did prosecute, and she was sentenced to house arrest, with reasonable visits to the mall.

You can't generalise from specifics. Her sentence seems shockingly lenient though.

@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 09, 2019 7:28 pm

@lex wrote:
Original Quill wrote: ....The state of Florida did prosecute, and she was sentenced to house arrest, with reasonable visits to the mall.

You can't generalise from specifics. Her sentence seems shockingly lenient though.

But I don't need to generalize. If I can find one case, it's a case where the law doesn't work.

Nevertheless, here are 50 Teachers Caught Doing Extracurricular Activities With Their Students: http://www.thebrofessional.net/bad-teachers/13

(For those with prurient interests, no they're not naked.)

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Fri May 10, 2019 6:45 pm


I'm not sure I see your point. If it's that she received a very lenient sentence solely because she was female, that appears to be belied by several cases of male sex offenders also receiving sentences deemed by general consensus to be unfathomably light.
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by phildidge on Fri May 10, 2019 7:05 pm

eddie wrote:Perth man accused of creating fake Instagram pages under his ex-girlfriend’s name and sharing intimate photographs

The 24-year-old, from Spearwood, is alleged to have taken the images of his 24-year-old girlfriend, with her knowledge and consent, during their relationship.

“It will be alleged when the relationship broke down, the man created a false Instagram page in the victim’s name and posted seven intimate images of her without her consent,” WA police said in a statement on Monday.

“It will be further alleged when the Instagram page was removed, four other Instagram pages were created in the victim’s name and a total of 10 intimate images were posted.”

The man has been charged with distributing an intimate image of another person without their consent, under the Criminal Law Amendment (Intimate Images) Act 2018 which came into force on 15 April.

He is due to appear before then family violence court at Fremantle magistrates court on 20 May.

The new laws make it illegal for someone to share or threaten to share an intimate image of a person without their consent. They also empower courts to issue order take-down orders.

The law covers images or videos of people who are wholly or partly naked; in their underwear; performing a “private act”; or have had their face digitally manipulated to appear onto another body.

The offence is punishable by up to 18 months’ jail when tried in the magistrates court.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/06/first-person-charged-under-western-australias-new-revenge-porn-laws

Good. I think people like this are abhorrent. I hope it serves to scare more people off doing this kind of crap to others.  


Man alive is this law a can of worms

Sorry, but she allowed these pictures to be taken

Conscent was thus given

No matter how abhorant how then this person wishes to then shares these pictures, is actually his right. Are we now to ask people whether to share pictures taken with each other?

So tell me, in what other aspect, is there a view, where pictures have been taken with conscent to then deny them being shown?

No matter how wrong people think his actions here, where does this actually lead?

That now, anyone can sue, based off the view of non-conscent to sharing pictures?

If you dont want people to see you naked, then dont allow someone to photo you naked. The moment you have is conscent

This view of revenge porn and to actually criminalize this, because someone was dumb enough to allow someone to take pictures of them naked. Is utterly ridiulous and is going down the view of a nanny state law. Its time people took responsibility for their own actions and not because they regret something. Use this to create an imaginary offense

I mean what they fuck. Are people going to sue, now because they regret having their picture with an ex?

Just because your relationship fucks up, does not mean you own rights or the ability to change your mind later to pictures being taken

Its as bad as claiming that someone regreted having sex and now claims it was rape

If you made bad decisions, then you live by them. To make a law to claim, that now you should be protected based off really poor decisions. Is utterly ridiculous

You dont want your nude pictures spread on the internet, then dont allow someone to take them of you

This law is protecting people being stupid, plain and simple when they fuck up

As they clearly never minded at the time exposing themselves to be captured on camera

If the view is to now say who can or cannot see pictures. This opens the door to the most innocuous pictures taken and being construed as criminal

Sorry, but I have no sympathy here. You get naked and pose being nude. That is your own mistake

To allign this as something next to sexual assualt is ridiculous

As now based on this anyone could be charged based on posting photo's on facebook, without their consent, wearing a revealing bikini and they have fallen out.

What a ridiculous law

The moment someone allowed themselves to be pictured naked, they have fore gone the view to privacy


This is not a universal law.

phildidge

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Fri May 10, 2019 7:53 pm

@lex wrote:
I'm not sure I see your point. If it's that she received a very lenient sentence solely because she was female, that appears to be belied by several cases of male sex offenders also receiving sentences deemed by general consensus to be unfathomably light.

There is a public bias in the souls of people, which trickles into the jury system, and thence into the minds of lawyers and judges, that women are made for the bedroom, not for the courtroom.  This is an off-shoot of the women as property ethos.

That's as blunt as I can put it.  It explains not only what, but why.  Women are rarely considered to be criminals, nor even instigators.  This duplicity is expressed in statutory rape law as: boys, if they get laid, are lucky; girls, if they get laid, are victims.  That explains why there is a bias in the law of teacher/student relationships.

When it comes to posting risque pics, taken in intimate and private moments, this comes down to: boys, if they have their nudity exhibited on the Internet, get xlnt advertisement; girls, if they have their nudity exhibited on the Internet, are exploited, and victims.

Judges and juries are much more prone to see women as victims, and men as instigators. Women are not seen to be primary agents of the act, but as property used in the act.  This interprets as: men are avarice (greedy), women are the property they go after.  That is the duplicity of law, a reflection of society.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by phildidge on Fri May 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
@lex wrote:
I'm not sure I see your point. If it's that she received a very lenient sentence solely because she was female, that appears to be belied by several cases of male sex offenders also receiving sentences deemed by general consensus to be unfathomably light.

There is a public bias in the souls of people, which trickles into the jury system, and thence into the minds of lawyers and judges, that women are made for the bedroom, not for the courtroom.  This is an off-shoot of the women as property ethos.

That's as blunt as I can put it.  It explains not only what, but why.  Women are rarely considered to be criminals, nor even instigators.  This duplicity is expressed in statutory rape law as: boys, if they get laid, are lucky; girls, if they get laid, are victims.  That explains why there is a bias in the law of teacher/student relationships.

When it comes to posting risque pics, taken in intimate and private moments, this comes down to: boys, if they have their nudity exhibited on the Internet, get xlnt advertisement; girls, if they have their nudity exhibited on the Internet, are exploited, and victims.

Judges and juries are much more prone to see women as victims, and men as instigators. Women are not seen to be primary agents of the act, but as property used in the act.  This interprets as: men are avarice (greedy), women are the property they go after.  That is the duplicity of law, a reflection of society.


Good answer mate +1

phildidge

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by nicko on Sat May 11, 2019 6:02 am

A Woman is a gadget you screw on the Bed and then does the Housework,---------------I'll get my coat !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11631
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by phildidge on Sat May 11, 2019 6:05 am

nicko wrote:A Woman is a gadget you screw on the Bed and then does the Housework,---------------I'll get my coat !

You know nicko, you are one of the few men that can get away with such comments

It always has me in stitches me up with laughter, as its light hearted from you

I would be crucified if I said that, but with you its always funny

Take credit in that  Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 6244
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Sat May 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
@lex wrote:
I'm not sure I see your point. If it's that she received a very lenient sentence solely because she was female, that appears to be belied by several cases of male sex offenders also receiving sentences deemed by general consensus to be unfathomably light.

There is a public bias in the souls of people, which trickles into the jury system, and thence into the minds of lawyers and judges, that women are made for the bedroom, not for the courtroom.  This is an off-shoot of the women as property ethos.

That's as blunt as I can put it.  It explains not only what, but why.  Women are rarely considered to be criminals, nor even instigators.  This duplicity is expressed in statutory rape law as: boys, if they get laid, are lucky; girls, if they get laid, are victims.  That explains why there is a bias in the law of teacher/student relationships.

When it comes to posting risque pics, taken in intimate and private moments, this comes down to: boys, if they have their nudity exhibited on the Internet, get xlnt advertisement; girls, if they have their nudity exhibited on the Internet, are exploited, and victims.

Judges and juries are much more prone to see women as victims, and men as instigators. Women are not seen to be primary agents of the act, but as property used in the act.  This interprets as: men are avarice (greedy), women are the property they go after.  That is the duplicity of law, a reflection of society.

In your 4-paragraph reply you didn't comment on the male offenders who've received lenient sentences after committing violent sexual attacks.
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Sat May 11, 2019 8:28 pm

@lex wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There is a public bias in the souls of people, which trickles into the jury system, and thence into the minds of lawyers and judges, that women are made for the bedroom, not for the courtroom.  This is an off-shoot of the women as property ethos.

That's as blunt as I can put it.  It explains not only what, but why.  Women are rarely considered to be criminals, nor even instigators.  This duplicity is expressed in statutory rape law as: boys, if they get laid, are lucky; girls, if they get laid, are victims.  That explains why there is a bias in the law of teacher/student relationships.

When it comes to posting risque pics, taken in intimate and private moments, this comes down to: boys, if they have their nudity exhibited on the Internet, get xlnt advertisement; girls, if they have their nudity exhibited on the Internet, are exploited, and victims.

Judges and juries are much more prone to see women as victims, and men as instigators. Women are not seen to be primary agents of the act, but as property used in the act.  This interprets as: men are avarice (greedy), women are the property they go after.  That is the duplicity of law, a reflection of society.

In your 4-paragraph reply you didn't comment on the male offenders who've received lenient sentences after committing violent sexual attacks.

That's not my responsibility.  Perhaps you are referring to the trend for judges to be lenient in sentencing, generally.  My point is to isolate that unique strain of law that favors female offenders.  The point is, the law is comparatively more lenient toward women than men...particularly involving sex crimes.

Unfortunately there aren't statistics kept, since the nature of the relationships are involving a minor, and they are not public.  The associated press published an article estimating that 1 out of every 5 students in the US has had a sexual relationship with a teacher..but they included everything from mere conversation to intercourse.  However, I should imagine female teacher/male student is more common, as people don't show too much concern over it. If a male teacher gets involved with a female student, the public and press start screaming for him to be hung, drawn and quartered.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Sat May 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:


That's not my responsibility.  Perhaps you are referring to the trend for judges to be lenient in sentencing, generally.  My point is to isolate that unique strain of law that favors female offenders.  The point is, the law is comparatively more lenient toward women than men.... particularly in sex crimes.

No. I'm saying it's simplistic to conclude the law favors female offenders when there exist several examples of male sex offenders being granted very lenient sentences too.
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Sun May 12, 2019 12:52 am

@lex wrote:
Original Quill wrote:


That's not my responsibility.  Perhaps you are referring to the trend for judges to be lenient in sentencing, generally.  My point is to isolate that unique strain of law that favors female offenders.  The point is, the law is comparatively more lenient toward women than men.... particularly in sex crimes.

No. I'm saying it's simplistic to conclude the law favors female offenders when there exist several examples of male sex offenders being granted very lenient sentences too.

But the overwhelming numbers of them receiving lighter sentences are female. I understand it, from a prosecutor's perspective. The State of Georgia said it best: we couldn't find a jury that would convict a female...particularly if shes good looking.

This plays right into the women as property thesis. A woman cannot do wrong because she's not an agent, she's property. The male student is lucky to fall into that situation. A man, on the other hand, is an agent, who can do wrong because he is stealing property--the under-aged female student.

Don't worry about the whole system favoring the female. That's a statistical fact, if difficult in this situation.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Sun May 12, 2019 1:04 pm

A "statistical fact" with no statistics?

Original Quill wrote:Unfortunately, there aren't statistics kept

Did the judiciary "go tough" on Michael Wysolovski when he walked free with no prison time after keeping a 16 yr old girl in a dog cage for a year?
@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Sun May 12, 2019 5:45 pm

@lex wrote:A "statistical fact" with no statistics?

Unfortunately, there is only anecdotal evidence, as most stories would reveal the identity of the minor.  There are exceptions, especially when the boy's parents are outraged enough to speak out.

lex wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Unfortunately, there aren't statistics kept

Did the judiciary "go tough" on Michael Wysolovski when he walked free with no prison time after keeping a 16 yr old girl in a dog cage for a year?

Wysolovski was sentenced to 10 years with eight months of jail time. He received credit for the eight months he spent in detention before his trial and will serve the remaining sentence on probation. He was also ordered to register as a sex offender.  

Prosecutors agreed to the Wysolovski Plea Deal to spare the victim more trauma. In fact, Wysolovski helped the victim escape from an allegedly abusive father, and that story would also come out.  This is often the case: a complaining witness will not cooperate if a surrounding negative story will be revealed, or the victim might be unwilling to go through the ordeal again.  The press (Journal-Constitution) reported that police felt the victim’s relationship with Wysolovski was in the “gray area” of consent and prosecutors were unsure a jury would convict him.  This is very much like the State in the Georgia/Lafave case.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by @lex on Sun May 12, 2019 7:22 pm

He kept the poor child in a dog cage for a year, starved her, subjected her to vile physical acts, leaving her with ringworm, malnourishment and difficulty standing up straight.

That won't have helped her.

@lex
@lex

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws Empty Re: First person charged under Western Australia's new revenge porn laws

Post by Original Quill on Sun May 12, 2019 7:37 pm

That's what the judge said to defendant Wysolovski:

Judge Hamil wrote:“I can’t see even the most twisted definition of what you did as help … I don’t see any emotion from you. I don’t see any remorse from you,” Superior Court Judge Timothy Hamil told him. “I am not moved to give you first offender status … In my time on the bench I can count on both hands the time I’ve refused to give someone first offender status – but there’s something inside me that says this is one of those times.”

Could be that the father did as much, or far worse, and they didn't want those facts to come out in testimony...I don't know. I've seen such cases.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28166
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum