Welcome back, gelico!

Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri May 03, 2019 11:04 pm

So many people here were really disappointed to see you go, and when I saw your registration email just now, I looked to edds and shouted, "Gelico's back!"

Really happy you decided to rejoin us.

_________________
"The face in the mirror won't stop!"

"When the music is your special friend / dance on fire as, it intends"

- Jim Morrison
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27455
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by eddie on Fri May 03, 2019 11:21 pm

Yeah welcome back you you little fucker.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39456
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Vintage on Fri May 03, 2019 11:29 pm

Good to see you back.

Vintage

Posts : 2116
Join date : 2013-08-02

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by phildidge on Sat May 04, 2019 1:59 am

Welcome back Gelico

phildidge

Posts : 8928
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Cass on Sat May 04, 2019 6:01 am

Yo chick Cool

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5954
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 am

Yay! cheers

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by nicko on Sat May 04, 2019 9:51 am

Good to know your back love .
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12365
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat May 04, 2019 10:19 am

Welcome back !
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9618
Join date : 2014-01-12

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Jules on Sat May 04, 2019 10:34 am

WB gelico.

The more the merrier. bounce

_________________
Live Love Laugh
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3506
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Syl on Sat May 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Welcome back. xxxx

And remember, no one has ever made any impact on any forum without having at least ONE good flounce under their belt. cheers

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Jules on Sat May 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Syl wrote:Welcome back. xxxx

And remember, no one has ever made any impact on any forum without having


at least ONE good flounce under their belt. cheers  
Really? In that case I might flounce for a few days!
Margaret Mitchell inspired skirts available on request, yes?  Welcome back, gelico! 3239900740

_________________
Live Love Laugh
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3506
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Andy on Sat May 04, 2019 2:49 pm

To anyone who dares to flounce,
Our Didge is ready to pounce.
He'll come down like bricks by the ton
If you'll pardon the pun
But they really weigh less than an ounce.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6039
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by phildidge on Sat May 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Andy wrote:To anyone who dares to flounce,
Our Didge is ready to pounce.
He'll come down like bricks by the ton
If you'll pardon the pun
But they really weigh less than an ounce.

Poor wee leftist Andy is truely obsessed
With the how didge is truely blessed
As he cannot stand a day without causing shit
Mainly as he is unable to quit

But do not fear,
With Andy its all down to beer
So please raise your glasses
To the most boring of arses.
As our Andy is the sweetest dear

phildidge

Posts : 8928
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by gelico on Sat May 04, 2019 4:27 pm



Greetings, good people and thank you

I had to take a little break as things were very hectic here what with constant travelling back and forth to the hospital and trying to cope with my brother's negative outlook. It was wearing me out and depressing me slightly. I use the forum as a means of (light hearted) escape but it wasn't suiting me at the time and the comments on here did little for me so it seemed good just to take a break and focus on real life things that matter more. I did explain this to eddie via text (not that she bothered to reply) and said i would be back when things were a bit less chaotic

Dad is probably going home early next week, all is well.

No drama, no flounce, no major shitstorm and big announcement needed.

i took a wee break

i am now back

that is all

Razz

gelico

Posts : 540
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by phildidge on Sat May 04, 2019 4:36 pm

gelico wrote:

Greetings, good people and thank you

I had to take a little break as things were very hectic here what with constant travelling back and forth to the hospital and trying to cope with my brother's negative outlook.  It was wearing me out and depressing me slightly.  I use the forum as a means of (light hearted) escape but it wasn't suiting me at the time and the comments on here did little for me so it seemed good just to take a break and focus on real life things that matter more.  I did explain this to eddie via text (not that she bothered to reply) and said i would be back when things were a bit less chaotic

Dad is probably going home early next week, all is well.

No drama, no flounce, no major shitstorm and big announcement needed.

i took a wee break

i am now back

that is all

Razz


Hi Gelico

Just wanted to apologise, that I cam on too strong coming after you, when you made light of smellys racism. You know I respect you loads

I understand where you come from and in reality, we actually agree on many things

I was actually upset you left and know I certainly did not help things. Being the arrogant prick I can be at times

I am glad your dad is better and sorry for being a complete dick towards you

We have known each other for years and no matter what you think  of me, I have always like you. You have no keepers, and are your own person. Hence it was wrong of me to go after what was a silly association to something you said

Hence sorry

Glad you are back

phildidge

Posts : 8928
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by gelico on Sat May 04, 2019 4:43 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

Greetings, good people and thank you

I had to take a little break as things were very hectic here what with constant travelling back and forth to the hospital and trying to cope with my brother's negative outlook.  It was wearing me out and depressing me slightly.  I use the forum as a means of (light hearted) escape but it wasn't suiting me at the time and the comments on here did little for me so it seemed good just to take a break and focus on real life things that matter more.  I did explain this to eddie via text (not that she bothered to reply) and said i would be back when things were a bit less chaotic

Dad is probably going home early next week, all is well.

No drama, no flounce, no major shitstorm and big announcement needed.

i took a wee break

i am now back

that is all

Razz


Hi Gelico

Just wanted to apologise, that I cam on too strong coming after you, when you made light of smellys racism. You know I respect you loads

I understand where you come from and in reality, we actually agree on many things

I was actually upset you left and know I certainly did not help things. Being the arrogant prick I can be at times

I am glad your dad is better and sorry for being a complete dick towards you

We have known each other for years and no matter what you think  of me, I have always like you. You have no keepers, and are your own person. Hence it was wrong of me to go after what was a silly association to something you said

Hence sorry

Glad you are back

no worries, didge. I was feeling a bit low at the time in general and i just needed some time out. tbf, if it wasn't you that pissed me off at the time it would have been someone else cos that was my frame of mind

but thank you, that was a nice comment. you can have my first green on return


gelico

Posts : 540
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by phildidge on Sat May 04, 2019 4:48 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:


Hi Gelico

Just wanted to apologise, that I cam on too strong coming after you, when you made light of smellys racism. You know I respect you loads

I understand where you come from and in reality, we actually agree on many things

I was actually upset you left and know I certainly did not help things. Being the arrogant prick I can be at times

I am glad your dad is better and sorry for being a complete dick towards you

We have known each other for years and no matter what you think  of me, I have always like you. You have no keepers, and are your own person. Hence it was wrong of me to go after what was a silly association to something you said

Hence sorry

Glad you are back

no worries, didge.  I was feeling a bit low at the time in general and i just needed some time out. tbf, if it wasn't you that pissed me off at the time it would have been someone else cos that was my frame of mind

but thank you, that was a nice comment.  you can have my first green on return



That is why I respect you more than most

You dont hold silly grudges and thank you for the green

I am sorry, you are going through a tough time and sometimes i need to kick myself up the bum to remember this. I just get too easily drawn in with my passions at times, which again is no excuse. I was gutted when you left, but now so glad you have returned. Not for me, but that you bring so much to this forum. As we are all a family here. A twisted family, but a family none the less.

Stay gold, as seen, you are one of the most highly valued members on here.

Catch you later

phildidge

Posts : 8928
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by gelico on Sat May 04, 2019 4:57 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

no worries, didge.  I was feeling a bit low at the time in general and i just needed some time out. tbf, if it wasn't you that pissed me off at the time it would have been someone else cos that was my frame of mind

but thank you, that was a nice comment.  you can have my first green on return



As we are all a family here. A twisted family, but a family none the less.


God, ain't that the truth

A truly twisted and dysfunctional family

all good

lol!


gelico

Posts : 540
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by eddie on Sat May 04, 2019 11:41 pm

I never got your text? scratch

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39456
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat May 04, 2019 11:48 pm

Didge, your post was pure class.

_________________
"The face in the mirror won't stop!"

"When the music is your special friend / dance on fire as, it intends"

- Jim Morrison
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27455
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by phildidge on Sun May 05, 2019 12:03 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Didge, your post was pure class.

Thank you, but you should thank Eddie

It was her, that actually made me see sense to my own stupidity

Like I say, I certainly did not want Gelico to leave, I am simple have to not to push things to far. I simple get wrapped up in myself at times

I am really happy Gelico is back, was gutted she had left. It made me feel a complete wanker and I deserved that

phildidge

Posts : 8928
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by eddie on Sun May 05, 2019 12:29 am

phildidge wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Didge, your post was pure class.

Thank you, but you should thank Eddie

It was her, that actually made me see sense to my own stupidity

Like I say, I certainly did not want Gelico to leave, I am simple have to not to push things to far. I simple get wrapped up in myself at times

I am really happy Gelico is back, was gutted she had left. It made me feel a complete wanker and I deserved that

I don’t think I did anything at all to be honest.
But I love this post. I do like a nice piece of pure honesty.

Good for you.

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39456
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by Ben Reilly on Sun May 05, 2019 12:30 am

phildidge wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Didge, your post was pure class.

Thank you, but you should thank Eddie

It was her, that actually made me see sense to my own stupidity

Like I say, I certainly did not want Gelico to leave, I am simple have to not to push things to far. I simple get wrapped up in myself at times

I am really happy Gelico is back, was gutted she had left. It made me feel a complete wanker and I deserved that

Eddie does have a rare ability to get through to people, true. But you listened and took it on board, and that says a lot about you.

_________________
"The face in the mirror won't stop!"

"When the music is your special friend / dance on fire as, it intends"

- Jim Morrison
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27455
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by phildidge on Sun May 05, 2019 12:41 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Thank you, but you should thank Eddie

It was her, that actually made me see sense to my own stupidity

Like I say, I certainly did not want Gelico to leave, I am simple have to not to push things to far. I simple get wrapped up in myself at times

I am really happy Gelico is back, was gutted she had left. It made me feel a complete wanker and I deserved that

Eddie does have a rare ability to get through to people, true. But you listened and took it on board, and that says a lot about you.

It is a rare gift, as i am very stubborn, but it shows that i do actually listen to people. Even if I argue cats and dogs against what they have said. People just need to understand, I need time to digest what has been said. Hence most of the time what I say in anger is never meant mate.

I actually really do listen to people all the time. I just need to control my passions within debate

Though credit where credit is due. Eddie hauled my arse in on this one and it was a bitter pill to swallow, but I took on board what she said. I almost left because of this as, I felt ashamed, but what would that prove if I did? That I run away from wrongs done? Goodness no, I would rather learn by mistakes. I happen to make many, but am forever trying to better myself. As seen i can be humble, even at times. When I know Eddie talks shit medically (which annoys me no end), I respect her views on people skills, even if i wont admit this at the time. I always digest and take on board. It shows i do actually listen. In fact Eddie, Gelico and Cass are 3 people I always listen to, even if I disagree on something with them. They are head strong, caring but most of all never one to hold a grudge. They are full of life, and mostly positive and little do they know, have helped me be more positive myself. I cannot find a better compliment to say, in regards to how I hold all 3 of them in high regard.

Laters dude

phildidge

Posts : 8928
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by gelico on Sun May 05, 2019 12:44 am

eddie wrote:I never got your text? scratch


sent 20/4 @ 15:50 - my aplogies eddie, i don't know why you didn't get this scratch

''Hey, edds, so briefly,,,,,,my dad is ill right now and what with the constant journeys and trying to keep him positive and laughing when in reality he feels scared, frail and vulnerable is wearing me out.  plus my brother's depression and gloomy outlook is not helping.   between the pair of them i'm feeling frazzled and on a very short fuse right now so rather than react to bullying and nastiness and turn the forum into a shitfest it was best i back off.   i haven't left as such i just needed to check out for a while.  be back sometime i'm sure when life is a little less chaotic.  thanks for the text edds xx''


@ didge,,,,,''was gutted she had left. It made me feel a complete wanker and I deserved that''


as you can see from my text to eddie, i was mentally in a bad place and as i mentioned to you before, if it wasn't you at the time it would have been someone else that ticked me off as i was just feeling a bit delicate at the time.

i  learned to recognise that feeling.  before when i was feeling like this i ended up  throwing a shitfit at ben and behaved really badly, making an arse of myself and making everyone else feel uncomfortable and i didn't want to jump in and bite your face off and turn this place into shitsville, which is so easily done, so best i log out and deal with the stuff important irl and deal with my emotions , rather than displaying them for all to see.

so stop feeling guilty didge.

you and i are so alike in the fact that we can both react badly and say things that we perhaps don't really mean and then both feel like dicks afterwards, but still we are both the type to just say ''meh, that's in the past so move on''.

you know i love you really, right?

Welcome back, gelico! 2347854014


Welcome back, gelico! 2089010162

gelico

Posts : 540
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by phildidge on Sun May 05, 2019 12:59 am

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:I never got your text? scratch


sent 20/4 @ 15:50 - my aplogies eddie, i don't know why you didn't get this  scratch

''Hey, edds, so briefly,,,,,,my dad is ill right now and what with the constant journeys and trying to keep him positive and laughing when in reality he feels scared, frail and vulnerable is wearing me out.  plus my brother's depression and gloomy outlook is not helping.   between the pair of them i'm feeling frazzled and on a very short fuse right now so rather than react to bullying and nastiness and turn the forum into a shitfest it was best i back off.   i haven't left as such i just needed to check out for a while.  be back sometime i'm sure when life is a little less chaotic.  thanks for the text edds xx''


@ didge,,,,,''was gutted she had left. It made me feel a complete wanker and I deserved that''


as you can see from my text to eddie, i was mentally in a bad place and as i mentioned to you before, if it wasn't you at the time it would have been someone else that ticked me off as i was just feeling a bit delicate at the time.

i  learned to recognise that feeling.  before when i was feeling like this i ended up  throwing a shitfit at ben and behaved really badly, making an arse of myself and making everyone else feel uncomfortable and i didn't want to jump in and bite your face off and turn this place into shitsville, which is so easily done, so best i log out and deal with the stuff important irl and deal with my emotions , rather than displaying them for all to see.

so stop feeling guilty didge.

you and i are so alike in the fact that we can both react badly and say things that we perhaps don't really mean and then both feel like dicks afterwards, but still we are both the type to just say ''meh, that's in the past so move on''.

you know i love you really, right?

Welcome back, gelico! 2347854014


Welcome back, gelico! 2089010162

Yes i did feel a wanker, and you know i love you to bits and hence why you understand why i feel ashamed. As I was the catalyst that pushed you away.

We are very much alike and care deeply for people and hence why I feel this way

Just am so happy you are back  Welcome back, gelico! 2089010162 Welcome back, gelico! 2089010162

So I will try to stop feeling guilty in time, but I was certainly the cause that pushed you and for that again i am sorry

I just hate you are going through a hard time. Even more, because I know you care and how much family means to you. I love your personal stories. You make me feel as if I lived them myself. It makes me both happy and sad. Happy that you got to live with such happiness and also sad to have this taken away from you. I think that is unfair. As to me, the way you describe your relationship with your late husband, was truely one of a kind. One that was based on true love. I think many people could learn from the love that you had together.

I will try not to feel guilty though, but its hard, mainly as i respect you so much. Even if we ardently disagree at times.

Stay gold and continue to warm the forum with your memories. As they are truely golden.

x

phildidge

Posts : 8928
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by gelico on Sun May 05, 2019 1:20 am

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:


sent 20/4 @ 15:50 - my aplogies eddie, i don't know why you didn't get this  scratch

''Hey, edds, so briefly,,,,,,my dad is ill right now and what with the constant journeys and trying to keep him positive and laughing when in reality he feels scared, frail and vulnerable is wearing me out.  plus my brother's depression and gloomy outlook is not helping.   between the pair of them i'm feeling frazzled and on a very short fuse right now so rather than react to bullying and nastiness and turn the forum into a shitfest it was best i back off.   i haven't left as such i just needed to check out for a while.  be back sometime i'm sure when life is a little less chaotic.  thanks for the text edds xx''


@ didge,,,,,''was gutted she had left. It made me feel a complete wanker and I deserved that''


as you can see from my text to eddie, i was mentally in a bad place and as i mentioned to you before, if it wasn't you at the time it would have been someone else that ticked me off as i was just feeling a bit delicate at the time.

i  learned to recognise that feeling.  before when i was feeling like this i ended up  throwing a shitfit at ben and behaved really badly, making an arse of myself and making everyone else feel uncomfortable and i didn't want to jump in and bite your face off and turn this place into shitsville, which is so easily done, so best i log out and deal with the stuff important irl and deal with my emotions , rather than displaying them for all to see.

so stop feeling guilty didge.

you and i are so alike in the fact that we can both react badly and say things that we perhaps don't really mean and then both feel like dicks afterwards, but still we are both the type to just say ''meh, that's in the past so move on''.

you know i love you really, right?

Welcome back, gelico! 2347854014


Welcome back, gelico! 2089010162


So I will try to stop feeling guilty in time
, but I was certainly the cause that pushed you and for that again i am sorry


NO! Didge, just no. not 'in time'. you will stop feeling guilty NOW!

i have no idea what the hell it was about but it wasn't that long ago that i remember vaguely me being a class A bitch to you at a time when you were going through absolute hell irl. i remember apologising and you accepted that completely and unreservedly and so i stopped feeling guilty. now, this time, i totally forgive you completely and unreservedly for any unkind comment you made so it is your duty to stop feeling guilty RIGHT NOW!!!


the way you describe your relationship with your late husband, was truely one of a kind. One that was based on true love. I think many people could learn from the love that you had together.


x


and thank you for that comment

gelico

Posts : 540
Join date : 2019-05-03

Back to top Go down

Welcome back, gelico! Empty Re: Welcome back, gelico!

Post by phildidge on Sun May 05, 2019 1:31 am

I cannot argue with that reasoning Gelico and so I will stop feeling guilty. You are right I did the same with you, but then I could never stay mad at you. Frankly, I no doubt deserved your views of me at the time.

Thank you for forgiving me though, that means a lot to me and I promise I will not feel guilty anymore and move on. Thank you for reminding me in how to do so. You have to understand why I did. Its because I think highly of you like a sister. As to me you are family. Its the reason why I felt so much guilt, as i do see you as family.

You are welcome for the comments about your late husband. You have a rare gift in being able to tell stories and make them come to life. As if people are living them in the present.

Night Gelico

x

phildidge

Posts : 8928
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum