Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:59 pm



Enfield murder probe after young woman plunges to her death from top floor of block of flats

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/enfield-murder-probe-after-young-woman-plunges-from-top-floor-of-block-of-flats-a4111841.html



Also from the same article...


In a separate incident a man was due to appear in court today after a 23-year-old woman was stabbed at a home in Holloway Road, Islington, on Saturday night.

Joseph Martelli, 22, of Holloway Road, was expected to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates’ court charged with attempted murder.



And...


In Leyton last night two men in their twenties  were taken to hospital after being shot in Francis Road. Their injuries were not life threatening and there have been no arrests.





_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22768
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:05 pm

Horrific. I remember the first time I was checking out the news here and they made such a huge deal about a guy being parked at a Tescos lot saying he had a gun.

I think police had him surrounded for hours, and all over the claim he had a gun. In Texas, police have to let you breeze down the road with a gun holstered and visible on your person.

But guns are banned here, so I understand why mention of a guy with a gun is big news. I bet shootings are rarer than astatine.

(That's the rarest mineral in the Earth's crust. I googled it.)

_________________
I'm so sorry I hurt you. I guess I don't know my own weakness.

- unknown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26994
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:32 pm

The violence in London is getting beyond a fucking joke. I’m glad I don’t live there anymore...I have a teenage son.

_________________
“Don’t think of the end of the journey as your destination. Perhaps all you needed was your destination. The journey is the learning.
Maybe each person you meet is just a journey.
That has never changed for me.

Why don’t you be my destination? Teach me and be humble in your knowledge.

~ eddie.... Just some hippy-trippy astrology freak, in the clouds, on her own nutjob. (But well happy in her own skin fam)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39010
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:The violence in London is getting beyond a fucking joke. I’m glad I don’t live there anymore...I have a teenage son.

Who as you may recall, I once looked into getting a Kevlar hoodie for. It's worrisome.

_________________
I'm so sorry I hurt you. I guess I don't know my own weakness.

- unknown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26994
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:39 pm

And it doesn't let up on Monday -- three teens stabbed within minutes of each other in Waltham Forest. Thankfully, their injuries aren't life threatening:

https://news.sky.com/story/three-teenagers-stabbed-within-minutes-in-waltham-forest-area-of-north-london-11688157

_________________
I'm so sorry I hurt you. I guess I don't know my own weakness.

- unknown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26994
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:16 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Horrific. I remember the first time I was checking out the news here and they made such a huge deal about a guy being parked at a Tescos lot saying he had a gun.

I think police had him surrounded for hours, and all over the claim he had a gun. In Texas, police have to let you breeze down the road with a gun holstered and visible on your person.

But guns are banned here, so I understand why mention of a guy with a gun is big news. I bet shootings are rarer than astatine.

(That's the rarest mineral in the Earth's crust. I googled it.)


No... shootings aren't that rare here at all...


Cos the criminals still have guns... and they are the ones that normally go around shooting people and doing armed robberies etc...


It's only the law abiding vast majority of people who are without guns to use for their own protection...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22768
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Horrific. I remember the first time I was checking out the news here and they made such a huge deal about a guy being parked at a Tescos lot saying he had a gun.

I think police had him surrounded for hours, and all over the claim he had a gun. In Texas, police have to let you breeze down the road with a gun holstered and visible on your person.

But guns are banned here, so I understand why mention of a guy with a gun is big news. I bet shootings are rarer than astatine.

(That's the rarest mineral in the Earth's crust. I googled it.)


No... shootings aren't that rare here at all...

Cos the criminals still have guns... and they are the ones that normally go around shooting people and doing armed robberies etc...


It's only the law abiding vast majority of people who are without guns to use for their own protection...



They might not seem rare to you, but to me as an American, I can tell you that they're definitely rare compared the U.S.

_________________
I'm so sorry I hurt you. I guess I don't know my own weakness.

- unknown
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26994
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:43 pm

There are around 800 incidents a year in London where guns are fired...


That is over 2 a day!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22768
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Original Quill on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:05 am

Tommy Monk wrote:There are around 800 incidents a year in London where guns are fired...

That is over 2 a day!!!

Good luck. Take a look at Chicago. Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29367
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:There are around 800 incidents a year in London where guns are fired...

That is over 2 a day!!!

Good luck.  Take a look at Chicago. Rolling Eyes


Maybe you could explain what is happening in Chicago...?


Would it be anything to do with law abiding citizens with legal guns...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22768
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Original Quill on Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:42 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good luck.  Take a look at Chicago. Rolling Eyes


Maybe you could explain what is happening in Chicago...?

Murders by firearms. There were 287 more murders in Chicago in 2016 than there were in 2015, a 60 percent increase. In total, the city’s homicide rate of 29 murders per 100,000 residents last year was nearly six times the national rate of 5 homicides per 100,000 Americans.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/chicago-ranks-12th-on-murder-capitals-list

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29367
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:41 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Maybe you could explain what is happening in Chicago...?

Murders by firearms.  There were 287 more murders in Chicago in 2016 than there were in 2015, a 60 percent increase. In total, the city’s homicide rate of 29 murders per 100,000 residents last year was nearly six times the national rate of 5 homicides per 100,000 Americans.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/chicago-ranks-12th-on-murder-capitals-list


So... who is it that's doin all this murdering...?


Is it law abiding legal gun owners... or criminal blacks with illegal guns...?

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22768
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by nicko on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:42 pm

It's in the last line of your post Tom
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11965
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Original Quill on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Murders by firearms.  There were 287 more murders in Chicago in 2016 than there were in 2015, a 60 percent increase. In total, the city’s homicide rate of 29 murders per 100,000 residents last year was nearly six times the national rate of 5 homicides per 100,000 Americans.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/chicago-ranks-12th-on-murder-capitals-list

So... who is it that's doin all this murdering...?

Is it law abiding legal gun owners... or criminal blacks with illegal guns...?

The US rarely discriminates regarding color, when it comes to law or policy. Jim Crow laws were struck down years ago. Where the US discriminates is in enforcement. The 'Black-lives-matter' movement protests against murder by law enforcement, not legislators.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29367
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 pm

I asked a simple question...


Quill answers with waffle...




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22768
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Original Quill on Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I asked a simple question...

Quill answers with waffle...

Waffle... Twisted Evil

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29367
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Murders by firearms.  There were 287 more murders in Chicago in 2016 than there were in 2015, a 60 percent increase. In total, the city’s homicide rate of 29 murders per 100,000 residents last year was nearly six times the national rate of 5 homicides per 100,000 Americans.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/chicago-ranks-12th-on-murder-capitals-list


So... who is it that's doin all this murdering...?


Is it law abiding legal gun owners... or criminal blacks with illegal guns...?



Maybe quill can try again at answering the question I asked...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22768
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just some of the violence in London this weekend Empty Re: Just some of the violence in London this weekend

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:39 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


So... who is it that's doin all this murdering...?


Is it law abiding legal gun owners... or criminal blacks with illegal guns...?



Maybe quill can try again at answering the question I asked...?

You never ask questions. You merely spew your racism and abandon the discussion as soon as it turns serious.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29367
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum