Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Reeks of insecurity in one's beliefs to me:

In what may be the first of its kind, a proposed bill in Missouri would require that parents be notified when evolution is being taught to their children at school. They could then pull them from the class. Critics say the bill would "eviscerate" the teaching of biology.

The bill is being sponsored by State Rep. Rick Brattin (R), and it had its first public hearing on February 13th, 2014. Though many anti-evolution proposals are currently being considered across the United States, this one appears to be the only bill — and perhaps the first — that actually mandates parental notification when evolution is being taught to their children.

http://io9.com/missouri-bill-would-have-parents-alerted-when-evolution-1526816104

_________________
It's so hard to be without you / used to feel so angry, now I only feel humble.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 27290
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down


Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by eddie on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Sassy wrote:Smelly just hates to admit that someone can be feminine and mentally knock him into a cocked hat, so he has to resort to what all insecure men resort to when they are made to look silly.   He fits the pattern every time.  

He has strong opinions. Sometimes he doesn't say them right lol

_________________
Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 39314
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:54 pm

That's an extremely nice way of putting it lol. I'd just say he's a racist bigoted tosser.  Twisted Evil :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:57 pm

without a clue...And wont answer when asked a simple question, because he knows that ANY answer will blow his twisted world apart....

That simple question?

IS or IS  NOT the bible the inerrant word of god....

well smelly????

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Sassy wrote:Smelly just hates to admit that someone can be feminine and mentally knock him into a cocked hat, so he has to resort to what all insecure men resort to when they are made to look silly.   He fits the pattern every time.  

keep going sassy

that's your second warning

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Sassy wrote:That's an extremely nice way of putting it lol.   I'd just say he's a racist bigoted tosser.  Twisted Evil :D 

you really want to play???

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Sassy wrote:Sleep 

good

your neck is firmly wound in

you're still on your second strike, you keep it up and ill punish you for it





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Oh shut up you silly little keyboard warrior. Go and have your horlicks and pick up your knitting you big girl's blouse. Who the fucking hell do you think you are. Go boil your head in oil, it'll be an improvement.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:23 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Sassy wrote:Sleep 

good

your neck is firmly wound in

you're still on your second strike, you keep it up and ill punish you for it





Wow sometimes you seem so deranged I don't know whether to worry or to laugh...

Meanwhile as victor asked, is the Bible in your opinion the inerrant word of God?

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:32 pm

victorismyhero wrote:without a clue...And wont answer when asked a simple question, because he knows that ANY answer will blow his twisted world apart....

That simple question?

IS or IS  NOT the bible the inerrant word of god....

well smelly????


Hi Victor

I have been asking for weeks this, he will not answer because either way he is screwed.
His argument was once before that the Old Testament did not count and his argument for this was New Testament only bibles (yep hilarious), negating the fact Jesus commanded everyone to follow the law of Moses, which is the first 5 books the Pentateuch to Christians. 
So basically while you and I can condemn all 3 Abrahamic works, the Torah, Bible and Quran for violence in them, smelly, who spends 90% of his time bashing only one of them and not all 3 looks very silly indeed.


It took him days just to define his deity, when asking, knowing he could not deny Christianity, he did eventually in the end

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:18 am

Sassy wrote:Oh shut up you silly little keyboard warrior.   Go and have your horlicks and pick up your knitting you big girl's blouse.   Who the fucking hell do you think you are.   Go boil your head in oil, it'll be an improvement.

who am i??

i know something about you that you wish i didn't


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:23 am

victorismyhero wrote:without a clue...And wont answer when asked a simple question, because he knows that ANY answer will blow his twisted world apart....

That simple question?

IS or IS  NOT the bible the inerrant word of god....

well smelly????

here's the thing

i don't really think you have anything to offer me in way of intellectual debate

but you seem to think that you're in an ambush position ready to do me in which ever way i answer

so why don't you just save yourself and myself some time and present both counter arguments

lets say i have answered YES and then pretend i have answered NO

yes the bible is the inerrant word of god

no the bible is not the inerrant word of god

all yours pal

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 am

lol another copout, no suprise there then

Hilarious, well if his Christian God does exist, he clearly gave smelly the brain of someone called Abinormal



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:47 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I think the new monitor is probably required where he was laughing so much he spat something.   That will be lots of new monitors required.

I see the gangs muscle has arrived

Always a pleasure to see you sassy I would call you a bunt citch Ben has banned those words so I'll just say welcome sweet lady

sassy muscle lol...you mean blob... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:48 am

back to topic, yeah for freedom of rights, you should be able to refuse service if you wish..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:57 am

Education is not a service but a right, a right of the child that is and not the parents. You wouldn't refuse a child the right to be taught correct maths or language, you shouldn't be deny them the facts of science either- however little their parents understand them.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:01 am

Eilzel wrote:Education is not a service but a right, a right of the child that is and not the parents. You wouldn't refuse a child the right to be taught correct maths or language, you shouldn't be deny them the facts of science either- however little their parents understand them.

maths and english are pretty absolute, you might not want your kids teaching a lie that can and will change all the time..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:30 am

It isn't a lie; some people are just to dumb to understand- a good parent wouldn't want their child to share in their ignorance.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:47 am

Eilzel wrote:It isn't a lie; some people are just to dumb to understand- a good parent wouldn't want their child to share in their ignorance.

it is constantly changing it has evolved, therefore you would be teaching what is not a fact, arguably you are teaching a lie as fact...

do you suppose the teach about the bible as truth by a teacher who believes it in every school or can you drop the subject if you wish...

equality works all ways or it is not equality.. :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:20 am

heavenly father wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

I see the gangs muscle has arrived

Always a pleasure to see you sassy I would call you a bunt citch Ben has banned those words so I'll just say welcome sweet lady

sassy muscle lol...you mean blob... :D 

whatever she is she sure as shit isnt the brains

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:22 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

sassy muscle lol...you mean blob... :D 

whatever she is she sure as shit isnt the brains

that's the truth... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:39 am

The Bible is not truth; even among those who think it is are in disagreement on interpretations. I do think however that the teachings and practices of Christianitybshould be given equal footing and taught alongside all other faiths so Children can make up their own minds- how about that eh, not brainwashing- I suppose you wouldn't understand about that Sad

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:56 am

Eilzel wrote:The Bible is not truth; even among those who think it is are in disagreement on interpretations. I do think however that the teachings and practices of Christianitybshould be given equal footing and taught alongside all other faiths so Children can make up their own minds- how about that eh, not brainwashing- I suppose you wouldn't understand about that Sad

no it's not equal is it as Christianity is taught as a belief not truth by someone who does not believe it in a random classroom, evolution is taught as fact, in a science class by someone who believes it is true, this so called truth is backed by its science status and references to its alleged truth, not really.... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:08 am

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:The Bible is not truth; even among those who think it is are in disagreement on interpretations. I do think however that the teachings and practices of Christianitybshould be given equal footing and taught alongside all other faiths so Children can make up their own minds- how about that eh, not brainwashing- I suppose you wouldn't understand about that Sad

no it's not equal is it as Christianity is taught as a belief not truth by someone who does not believe it in a random classroom, evolution is taught as fact, in a science class by someone who believes it is true, this so called truth is backed by its science status and references to its alleged truth, not really.... :D 

You are way off the mark with that whole paragraph.

NO religion should be taught as truth in a classroom with children who themselves will believe a multitude of different things. Since religious claims involve a lot of 'rules' and 'ways of living' which could seriously effect how someone conducts their life then teaching ANY religion as truth (be in Catholicism, Baptism, Methodism, Islam, Hinduism or Druidism) IS brainwashing with an ideology which many view as maladaptive.

Teaching all religions and what they consider truth gives children a CHOICE- something you totalitarian religionists clearly do not believe in.

Evolution is taught as truth in a science classroom becomes tonnes of evidence is stacked up to support it. Just because some don't accept it as truth does not mean it shouldn't be taught as such. And even still- believing in evolution has no negative societal effects- so unlike religion there are no detrimental effects from teaching it to children.


_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:11 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

sassy muscle lol...you mean blob... :D 

whatever she is she sure as shit isnt the brains

You dont like women who are erm let me put it as nicely as i can...........

More intelligent than you?

 Razz  Razz  Razz

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:12 am

[quote="Eilzel"]
heavenly father wrote:

no it's not equal is it as Christianity is taught as a belief not truth by someone who does not believe it in a random classroom, evolution is taught as fact, in a science class by someone who believes it is true, this so called truth is backed by its science status and references to its alleged truth, not really.... :D 

You are way off the mark with that whole paragraph.

NO religion should be taught as truth in a classroom with children who themselves will believe a multitude of different things. Since religious claims involve a lot of 'rules' and 'ways of living' which could seriously effect how someone conducts their life then teaching ANY religion as truth (be in Catholicism, Baptism, Methodism, Islam, Hinduism or Druidism) IS brainwashing with an ideology which many view as maladaptive.

Teaching all religions and what they consider truth gives children a CHOICE- something you totalitarian religionists clearly do not believe in.

Evolution is taught as truth in a science classroom becomes tonnes of evidence is stacked up to support it. Just because some don't accept it as truth does not mean it shouldn't be taught as such. And even still- believing in evolution has no negative societal effects- so unlike religion there are no detrimental effects from teaching it to children.

[/quote

by that reasoning why isn't creationism taught alongside evolution or are people frightened evolution couldn't stand the test... :D 

evolution is not fact and as such should not be taught as fact..that's pretty obvious.. :D 

the holes in evolution should be made clear to those being taught it along with the fact they are accepting evolution by faith..

none of this gets away from the fact that teaching evolution is more akin to brainwashing by the way it is done..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:13 am

Eilzel wrote:The Bible is not truth; even among those who think it is are in disagreement on interpretations. I do think however that the teachings and practices of Christianitybshould be given equal footing and taught alongside all other faiths so Children can make up their own minds- how about that eh, not brainwashing- I suppose you wouldn't understand about that Sad

I fully agree.

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:14 am

Evolution is a fact. You can argue that till the cows come how it makes no difference to this conversation.

How is someone brainwashed if they believe evolution- how does it effect their life in any way?- unless they are planning on being a biologist.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:15 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Eilzel wrote:The Bible is not truth; even among those who think it is are in disagreement on interpretations. I do think however that the teachings and practices of Christianitybshould be given equal footing and taught alongside all other faiths so Children can make up their own minds- how about that eh, not brainwashing- I suppose you wouldn't understand about that Sad

I fully agree.

Glad to hear that Sexy; thankfully like most religious people in this country you are evidence that faith doesn't turn every believer into a braindead ignoramous haha

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:19 am

Eilzel wrote:Evolution is a fact. You can argue that till the cows come how it makes no difference to this conversation.

How is someone brainwashed if they believe evolution- how does it effect their life in any way?- unless they are planning on being a biologist.

really can facts change?? its a best guess, mans best guess that you have chosen to accept in faith... :D 

the way they are led to believe is brainwashing... :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by SEXY MAMA on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:21 am

Eilzel wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

I fully agree.

Glad to hear that Sexy; thankfully like most religious people in this country you are evidence that faith doesn't turn every believer into a braindead ignoramous haha

Hahaha!

I have always believed one should be allowed to choose their own faith/belief you cant force it upon them.

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:21 am

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Evolution is a fact. You can argue that till the cows come how it makes no difference to this conversation.

How is someone brainwashed if they believe evolution- how does it effect their life in any way?- unless they are planning on being a biologist.

really can facts change?? its a best guess, mans best guess that you have chosen to accept in faith... :D 

the way they are led to believe is brainwashing... :D 

So why are you not ok with this- but you would be ok with a child being taught Islam as absolute fact?

And again how does believing evolution effect ones life?

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:26 am

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

really can facts change?? its a best guess, mans best guess that you have chosen to accept in faith... :D 

the way they are led to believe is brainwashing... :D 

So why are you not ok with this- but you would be ok with a child being taught Islam as absolute fact?

And again how does believing evolution effect ones life?

its a lie being taught as a truth isn't that reason enough not to teach it..

what harm has a faith in the bible done anyone... :D 


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:33 am

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

So why are you not ok with this- but you would be ok with a child being taught Islam as absolute fact?

And again how does believing evolution effect ones life?

its a lie being taught as a truth isn't that reason enough not to teach it..

what harm has a faith in the bible done anyone... :D 


Women as subject to the will of man; homophobia; slavery; racial segregation; opposition to abortion leading to extreme cases of murder of abortion doctors; Antisemitism; the inquisition; the Thirty Years war and countless wars since; religious segregation....

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:36 am

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

its a lie being taught as a truth isn't that reason enough not to teach it..

what harm has a faith in the bible done anyone... :D 


Women as subject to the will of man; homophobia; slavery; racial segregation; opposition to abortion leading to extreme cases of murder of abortion doctors; Antisemitism; the inquisition; the Thirty Years war and countless wars since; religious segregation....

everyone of those is people doing to people, it has happened all the time without religion..

so what harm does having a faith do???

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:50 am

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Women as subject to the will of man; homophobia; slavery; racial segregation; opposition to abortion leading to extreme cases of murder of abortion doctors; Antisemitism; the inquisition; the Thirty Years war and countless wars since; religious segregation....

everyone of those is people doing to people, it has happened all the time without religion..

so what harm does having a faith do???

Seriously?

You obviously haven't heard of the Thirty Year war- it was triggered by the massive diversion in beliefs during the Reformation; Protestants vs Catholics, that was the distinction.

Homophobia- not such an issue in ancient times when homosexuality was institutionalized in parts of Ancient Greece and certainly not frowned upon in ancient China. There were no anti-gay laws in most of the world either until they were brought in by Christian imperialists. Today it is almost entirely those of faith who a the most ardent oppositionists to every bit of equality legislation for gay people.

The inquisition was an entirely Christian affair showing what extreme belief could do in a more backward age and what where we would still be with the enlightenment and dawning of the age of reason. The anti-abortion lobby is almost entirely religious and certain those who murdered abortion doctors were- with their 'faith' that they were murdered those who went against the will of God.

And obviously if people who are otherwise the same are segregating based on different faiths then that is religious.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:54 am

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

everyone of those is people doing to people, it has happened all the time without religion..

so what harm does having a faith do???

Seriously?

You obviously haven't heard of the Thirty Year war- it was triggered by the massive diversion in beliefs during the Reformation; Protestants vs Catholics, that was the distinction.

Homophobia- not such an issue in ancient times when homosexuality was institutionalized in parts of Ancient Greece and certainly not frowned upon in ancient China. There were no anti-gay laws in most of the world either until they were brought in by Christian imperialists. Today it is almost entirely those of faith who a the most ardent oppositionists to every bit of equality legislation for gay people.

The inquisition was an entirely Christian affair showing what extreme belief could do in a more backward age and what where we would still be with the enlightenment and dawning of the age of reason. The anti-abortion lobby is almost entirely religious and certain those who murdered abortion doctors were- with their 'faith' that they were murdered those who went against the will of God.

And obviously if people who are otherwise the same are segregating based on different faiths then that is religious.

People will fall out with people over everything and anything, possessions, oil, ground..

are you truly naive enough to believe without religion hatred will cease and we will all live happily ever after..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:54 am

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

everyone of those is people doing to people, it has happened all the time without religion..

so what harm does having a faith do???

Seriously?

You obviously haven't heard of the Thirty Year war- it was triggered by the massive diversion in beliefs during the Reformation; Protestants vs Catholics, that was the distinction.

Homophobia- not such an issue in ancient times when homosexuality was institutionalized in parts of Ancient Greece and certainly not frowned upon in ancient China. There were no anti-gay laws in most of the world either until they were brought in by Christian imperialists. Today it is almost entirely those of faith who a the most ardent oppositionists to every bit of equality legislation for gay people.

The inquisition was an entirely Christian affair showing what extreme belief could do in a more backward age and what where we would still be with the enlightenment and dawning of the age of reason. The anti-abortion lobby is almost entirely religious and certain those who murdered abortion doctors were- with their 'faith' that they were murdered those who went against the will of God.

And obviously if people who are otherwise the same are segregating based on different faiths then that is religious.

im sorry for your suffering under the inquisition

you must have a very long memory...............and a very long life




Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:58 am

Two peas in a pod eh, love it  Laughing 

Yes HF, people will still fall out and bad things will still happen- but at least they wont be justified by supposed 'divine' righteousness.

No smelly I do not remember the inquisition first hand you smart ickle man- but I do read and study history- something you might try some day- and just to get you started, it's usually in chronological order lol! 

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:00 am

Eilzel wrote:Two peas in a pod eh, love it  Laughing 

Yes HF, people will still fall out and bad things will still happen- but at least they wont be justified by supposed 'divine' righteousness.

No smelly I do not remember the inquisition first hand you smart ickle man- but I do read and study history- something you might try some day- and just to get you started, it's usually in chronological order lol! 

so your issue isn't with the death, destruction, gaybashing just who the people who do it blame, that's interesting...

so are atheist anti gays ok or not??? :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:05 am

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Two peas in a pod eh, love it  Laughing 

Yes HF, people will still fall out and bad things will still happen- but at least they wont be justified by supposed 'divine' righteousness.

No smelly I do not remember the inquisition first hand you smart ickle man- but I do read and study history- something you might try some day- and just to get you started, it's usually in chronological order lol! 

so your issue isn't with the death, destruction, gaybashing just who the people who do it blame, that's interesting...

so are atheist anti gays ok or not??? :D 

I have never come across an atheist homophobe but I am sure they exist (in fact I know, only through some US Atheist TV show on Youtube, that they did- but the hosts of that show were simply recalling they were homophobic but then realized how dumb it was). However an atheist homophobe would have nothing to draw on to 'justify' their homophobia as something morally correct. Religious people cover their homophobia in a veil of moral righteousness.

My points above however were to highlight things where religious was the direct root.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:06 am

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

so your issue isn't with the death, destruction, gaybashing just who the people who do it blame, that's interesting...

so are atheist anti gays ok or not??? :D 

I have never come across an atheist homophobe but I am sure they exist (in fact I know, only through some US Atheist TV show on Youtube, that they did- but the hosts of that show were simply recalling they were homophobic but then realized how dumb it was). However an atheist homophobe would have nothing to draw on to 'justify' their homophobia as something morally correct. Religious people cover their homophobia in a veil of moral righteousness.

My points above however were to highlight things where religious was the direct root.

of course atheist anti gays exist, again are they ok because that is them making their own mind up?? :D 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:09 am

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I have never come across an atheist homophobe but I am sure they exist (in fact I know, only through some US Atheist TV show on Youtube, that they did- but the hosts of that show were simply recalling they were homophobic but then realized how dumb it was). However an atheist homophobe would have nothing to draw on to 'justify' their homophobia as something morally correct. Religious people cover their homophobia in a veil of moral righteousness.

My points above however were to highlight things where religious was the direct root.

of course atheist anti gays exist, again are they ok because that is them making their own mind up?? :D 

Was my post to long. I addressed both points. Yes I know atheist homophobes exist; I just haven't heard of any IRL or online. And no it is not ok; since they have less justification that religious homophobes. 2 sentences you should be ok..

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:15 am

Eilzel wrote:Two peas in a pod eh, love it  Laughing 

Yes HF, people will still fall out and bad things will still happen- but at least they wont be justified by supposed 'divine' righteousness.

No smelly I do not remember the inquisition first hand you smart ickle man- but I do read and study history- something you might try some day- and just to get you started, it's usually in chronological order lol! 

if you really did study history then you would know that the number of people actually put to death for various crimes is relatively low when you spread it out over the entire period

Muslims massacred over 3000 in a single day

you cannot produce a single Christian inquisitor that is still alive

all i need to do is point to any Muslim country and you will find thousands of "sharia judges" responsible for executing homosexuals,witches, adulterers and all the various "crimes" that were punished under the inquisition

and you wont find it happened hundreds of years ago, you will find it happened a few weeks ago

so you carry on ranting about how bad Christianity USED to be,the reality is that you're more likely to be blown up by a homegrown British Muslim suicide bomber than you are to be killed by a christian crusader or church Inquisitor

and when the day comes that you're broken and bleeding on the floor of a coffee shop with both your legs, your arm and half your face gone and the words ALLAHU AKBAR ringing in your ears, just remember that by ignoring the threat posed by Islamic doctrine through Muslims you've probably brought it on yourself





Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Eilzel on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:26 am

Well smelly I actually agree with all you say; and Islamic poison in certainly the most current physical threat to much of the world I agree. I would dearly like to see a day when Islamic belief collapses into the desert abyss from which it came- and see my sig become a reality haha

However I was addressing a specific point to HF and referred to Christianity as that is his faith. Keep most of those points and add suicide bombings, library burnings and iconoclasm and apply it to Islam by all means- as I would if I had been making this point to Zack or prinze or Sexy Smile

(Also must point out Iconoclasm features heavily in Christian history too!)

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7919
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 am

Eilzel wrote:Well smelly I actually agree with all you say; and Islamic poison in certainly the most current physical threat to much of the world I agree. I would dearly like to see a day when Islamic belief collapses into the desert abyss from which it came- and see my sig become a reality haha

However I was addressing a specific point to HF and referred to Christianity as that is his faith. Keep most of those points and add suicide bombings, library burnings and iconoclasm and apply it to Islam by all means- as I would if I had been making this point to Zack or prinze or Sexy Smile

(Also must point out Iconoclasm features heavily in Christian history too!)

that's the point though isn't it??

you NEVER make the point to your beloved Muslims because you see them as your allies against the RW

two peas in the same pod of RW persecution Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 

you never hold Islam up to criticism and scrutiny, you will spend pages and pages having a go at Christianity but where Islam is concerned??

not a peep

hey i don't care how much you bash Christianity,if you want to be a hypocrite that's fine by me.

you're waging war against the ghost of Christianity's past whilst ignoring the fact that the very much alive and kicking Islam is looking to turn you and all you love into ghosts of the past


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:57 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Well smelly I actually agree with all you say; and Islamic poison in certainly the most current physical threat to much of the world I agree. I would dearly like to see a day when Islamic belief collapses into the desert abyss from which it came- and see my sig become a reality haha

However I was addressing a specific point to HF and referred to Christianity as that is his faith. Keep most of those points and add suicide bombings, library burnings and iconoclasm and apply it to Islam by all means- as I would if I had been making this point to Zack or prinze or Sexy Smile

(Also must point out Iconoclasm features heavily in Christian history too!)

that's the point though isn't it??

you NEVER make the point to your beloved Muslims because you see them as your allies against the RW

two peas in the same pod of RW persecution Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 

you never hold Islam up to criticism and scrutiny, you will spend pages and pages having a go at Christianity but where Islam is concerned??

not a peep

hey i don't care how much you bash Christianity,if you want to be a hypocrite that's fine by me.

you're waging war against the ghost of Christianity's past whilst ignoring the fact that the very much alive and kicking Islam is looking to turn you and all you love into ghosts of the past  


well said , the reason christianity is always being bashed is because it is the truth , why would the devil want islam being disproved he has all those muslims he wants more .

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:07 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Well smelly I actually agree with all you say; and Islamic poison in certainly the most current physical threat to much of the world I agree. I would dearly like to see a day when Islamic belief collapses into the desert abyss from which it came- and see my sig become a reality haha

However I was addressing a specific point to HF and referred to Christianity as that is his faith. Keep most of those points and add suicide bombings, library burnings and iconoclasm and apply it to Islam by all means- as I would if I had been making this point to Zack or prinze or Sexy Smile

(Also must point out Iconoclasm features heavily in Christian history too!)

that's the point though isn't it??

you NEVER make the point to your beloved Muslims because you see them as your allies against the RW

two peas in the same pod of RW persecution Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 

you never hold Islam up to criticism and scrutiny, you will spend pages and pages having a go at Christianity but where Islam is concerned??

not a peep

hey i don't care how much you bash Christianity,if you want to be a hypocrite that's fine by me.

you're waging war against the ghost of Christianity's past whilst ignoring the fact that the very much alive and kicking Islam is looking to turn you and all you love into ghosts of the past  



Has to be the funniest thing I have ever read and indeed yet again hypocritical when you do nothing in regards to the Jewsih faith let alone your own, being as all 3 follow the same deities, with 3 major exceptions that stand , a son who is also meant to be God and an extra prophet and different books all claiming to be the word of God.

My views as is no doubt Eilzel the same on religion, I see good in all 3 faiths and I also see the jealousies and emotions of humans in the works, as well as violence. Not what you would class as all knowing and intelligent deity, what need would there be for them to be jealous after all.
The point is smelly I also correct errors made by some atheists on Christianity, something you have missed as I correct mistakes, which you often make with your claims on Islam, hence why I correct you and the fact you ha are out to try and start a war;. There is one thing being critical like most people have, but you have an obsessional hate  of which such views lead to further hate, a vicious circle that has gone on for centuries

So do not get me wrong there is plenty wrong I see within Islam, but when you argue of claims of hate and killing it is a tad moot and very hypocritical coming from Christians who follow the bible, of which the laws of Moses are the first 5 books of the Old testament, which Jesus backs also Where vast amounts of murder,  genocide, baby killing, near extinction goes on etc. So why is it we never see you condemn these parts of the Torah and bible, or does your hypocrisy only work one way?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution - Page 2 Empty Re: Missouri mulls law to require parents to be notified before their kids are taught evolution

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:10 am

PhilDidge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

that's the point though isn't it??

you NEVER make the point to your beloved Muslims because you see them as your allies against the RW

two peas in the same pod of RW persecution Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 

you never hold Islam up to criticism and scrutiny, you will spend pages and pages having a go at Christianity but where Islam is concerned??

not a peep

hey i don't care how much you bash Christianity,if you want to be a hypocrite that's fine by me.

you're waging war against the ghost of Christianity's past whilst ignoring the fact that the very much alive and kicking Islam is looking to turn you and all you love into ghosts of the past  



Has to be the funniest thing I have ever read and indeed yet again hypocritical when you do nothing in regards to the Jewsih faith let alone your own, being as all 3 follow the same deities, which 3 major exceptions that stand , a son who is also meant to be God and an extra prophet and different books all claiming to be the word of God.

My views as is no doubt Eilzel the same on religion, I see good in all 3 faiths and I also see the jealousies and emotions of humans in the works not what you would class as all knowing and intelligent deity, what need would there be for them to be jealous after all.
The point is smelly I also correct errors made by some atheist on Christianity, something you have missed as I correct mistakes, which you often make with your claims on Islam. There is one thing being critical like most people have, but you have an obsessional hate  of which such views lead to further hate, a vicious circle that has gone on for centuries

So do not get me wrong there is plenty wrong I see within Islam, but when you argue of claims of hate and killing it is a tad moot and very hypocritical coming from Christians who follow the bible, of which the laws of Moses are the first 5 books of the Old testament, which Jesus backs also Where vast amounts of murder,  genocide, baby killing, near extinction goes on etc. So why is it we never see you condemn these parts of the Torah and bible, or does your hypocrisy only work one way?

how many times do yu have to be shown they are not the same deities..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum