What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Prosecutors have dropped all charges against US actor Jussie Smollett for allegedly staging a racist and homophobic attack.

The Empire star attended a court hearing in Chicago on Tuesday, where a judge sealed the case.

Mr Smollett, 36, pleaded not guilty this month to 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police.

The city's mayor denounced the prosecutors' decision to drop the charges as a "whitewash of justice".

Mr Smollett told reporters after his court appearance: "I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one.

"I would not be my mother's son if I was capable of one drop of what I've been accused of."

The office of Cook County State's Attorney Kimberly Foxx said in a statement: "After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case."

It remains unclear why prosecutors dropped the charges against Mr Smollett.

Chicago police Supt Eddie Johnson said he was not briefed on the decision to drop the charges.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47711535

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down


What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I was right with Wolf and wrong with Quill

That was not lying but mistaken.

I assumed based off Wolf

Nice try at trying to imflame though. 

It wont work

What does wolf have to do with it?  God, you are such a shit-stirrer...making up for loss of intellectual capacity.


Because wolf had enough of the place and had stopped posting, so I messaged him and he explained why he had stopped posting activelly on the forum for a while

He has made it very clear why on here as well

I wrongly assumed. As you were not here at basically the same time he stopped posting. That you had done the same

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:43 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What does wolf have to do with it?  God, you are such a shit-stirrer...making up for loss of intellectual capacity.


Because wolf had enough of the place and had stopped posting, so I messaged him and he explained why he had stopped posting activelly on the forum for a while

He has made it very clear why on here as well

I wrongly assumed as you were not hear, at basically the same time he stopped posting. That you had done the same

Yes you were wrong....pity you didn't have the grace to  rectify your lie mistake.
I dont give a toss about abusive posters....but I would certainly hate to think a decent one had ever left because of me.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:


Because wolf had enough of the place and had stopped posting, so I messaged him and he explained why he had stopped posting activelly on the forum for a while

He has made it very clear why on here as well

I wrongly assumed as you were not hear, at basically the same time he stopped posting. That you had done the same

Yes you were wrong....pity you didn't have the grace to  rectify your lie mistake.
I dont give a toss about abusive posters....but I would certainly hate to think a decent one had ever left because of me.


So I was right about Wolf though and wrongly assumed the same of Quill as he had disappeared

That is not lying is it?

As I did not know and as I admitted wrongly assumed based off why wolf was not posting at the time. Being as they are both very good friends

Funny how your attempts to goad have fallen flat again eh?

Both are decent posters. 

And would care if anyone was down, including you

That is the diference between us

You hold a grudge like a toddler, and I am able move on every single time

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 pm

So great way for Syl; to deflect away from Quill's porkies here and she only pulls me up on where I was mistaken and admit to being mistaken.
Brings this in to this debate, ignoring Quills porkies

Like I say syl loves to shit stir bless her

lol!

You got to love how someone clearly and needs to move on with their childish grudge against me

Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:53 pm

phildidge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes you were wrong....pity you didn't have the grace to  rectify your lie mistake.
I dont give a toss about abusive posters....but I would certainly hate to think a decent one had ever left because of me.


So I was right about Wolf though and wrongly assumed the same of Quill as he had disappeared

That is not lying is it?

As I did not know and as I admitted wrongly assumed based off why wolf was not posting at the time. Being as they are both very good friends

Funny how your attempts to goad have fallen flat again eh?

Both are decent posters. 

And would care if anyone was down, including you

That is the diference between us

You hold a grudge like a toddler, and I am able move on every single time

If an abusive poster leaves because he gets a bit back...tough....though no one has actually left have they? Rolling Eyes

I mentioned the fact you said I had driven Quill away in this thread because you were glibly throwing the word 'liar' around at him....yet you  deliberately lied about me.
I have not mentioned it before, and .I wont mention it again, but you can hardly complain if now and again your own lies come back to bite you in the arse.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:


So I was right about Wolf though and wrongly assumed the same of Quill as he had disappeared

That is not lying is it?

As I did not know and as I admitted wrongly assumed based off why wolf was not posting at the time. Being as they are both very good friends

Funny how your attempts to goad have fallen flat again eh?

Both are decent posters. 

And would care if anyone was down, including you

That is the diference between us

You hold a grudge like a toddler, and I am able move on every single time

If an abusive poster leaves because he gets a bit back...tough....though no one has actually left have they? Rolling Eyes

I mentioned the fact you said I had driven Quill away in this thread because you were glibly throwing the word 'liar' around at him....yet you  deliberately lied about me.
I have not mentioned it before, and .I wont mention it again, but you can hardly complain if now and again your own lies come back to bite you in the arse.


1) Double standard, when you have done the same, as when you get it back  you have admitted to staying away

I said you had driven wolf and quill away

So I was right on wolf and wrong on quill

I assumed wrong with quill, based on Wolf

You have jumped in because you miss my attention so much and you wanted to play a get of jail card for quill here. For the outlandish claims he was making  Laughing

I never lied about you, I even posted where you lied at something I  never said and can post it again if you like?

You then faced with the evidence, still refused to admit you were wrong

That told me everything I needed to know about you Syl and yet I move on and simple pity that kind of stubborness that is innate within you

Like I say you must be bored, yeanring for my attention

Razz

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:01 pm

phildidge wrote:
Syl wrote:

If an abusive poster leaves because he gets a bit back...tough....though no one has actually left have they? Rolling Eyes

I mentioned the fact you said I had driven Quill away in this thread because you were glibly throwing the word 'liar' around at him....yet you  deliberately lied about me.
I have not mentioned it before, and .I wont mention it again, but you can hardly complain if now and again your own lies come back to bite you in the arse.


1) Double standard, when you have done the same, as when you get it back  you have admitted to staying away

I said you had driven wolf and quill away

So I was right on wolf and wrong on quill

I assumed wrong with quill, based on Wolf

You have jumped in because you miss my attention so much and you wanted to play a get of jail card for quill here. For the outlandish claims he was making  Laughing

I never lied about you, I even posted where you lied at something I  never said and can post it again if you like?

You then faced with the evidence, still refused to admit you were wrong

That told me everything I needed to know about you Syl and yet I move on and simple pity that kind of stubborness that is innate within you

Like I say you must be bored, yeanring for my attention

Razz

OMG....I sincerely hope you dont believe the stuff you come out with. lol!

Over and out.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:


1) Double standard, when you have done the same, as when you get it back  you have admitted to staying away

I said you had driven wolf and quill away

So I was right on wolf and wrong on quill

I assumed wrong with quill, based on Wolf

You have jumped in because you miss my attention so much and you wanted to play a get of jail card for quill here. For the outlandish claims he was making  Laughing

I never lied about you, I even posted where you lied at something I  never said and can post it again if you like?

You then faced with the evidence, still refused to admit you were wrong

That told me everything I needed to know about you Syl and yet I move on and simple pity that kind of stubborness that is innate within you

Like I say you must be bored, yeanring for my attention

Razz

OMG....I sincerely hope you dont believe the stuff you come out with. lol!

Over and out.


Lol, too easy.... Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:


very interesting, i'm sure, quill

i was however referring to your claim that it was all dropped because of failed testimony.  this is what i posted,,,,,



all you kept saying is ''the brother's testimony fell apart''.

how did it fall apart?  on which part were they 'caught out'.  where are the details of this failed testimony

and again, who would hush that up? and why?



can you answer that?

No.  I was in the hospital, with no means to take notes as I normally do.  I have never seen that particular interview again, although I have looked.

I guess someone thought it would inflame people like you, and they pulled it.  Obviously they are right, so it was a prudent decision.  As far as the outcome...it is what it is.


oh, quill seriously,,,,

why would a statement that proved jussie innocent inflame me? and what do you mean exactly ''people like you''

if there was any evidence that the brothers testimony fell apart then it would have been broadcast on every network in order to put people straight.

they pulled it be bollox

you know perfectly well this never even happened.

Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:13 pm

phildidge wrote:
Syl wrote:

If an abusive poster leaves because he gets a bit back...tough....though no one has actually left have they? Rolling Eyes

I mentioned the fact you said I had driven Quill away in this thread because you were glibly throwing the word 'liar' around at him....yet you  deliberately lied about me.
I have not mentioned it before, and .I wont mention it again, but you can hardly complain if now and again your own lies come back to bite you in the arse.



I said you had driven wolf and quill away

So I was right on wolf and wrong on quill


no, because wolf is posting here

she hadn't in fact driven anyone away

can't you just say sorry to syl for that comment? can't be that difficult, surely

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:49 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:



I said you had driven wolf and quill away

So I was right on wolf and wrong on quill


no, because wolf is posting here

she hadn't in fact driven anyone away

can't you just say sorry to syl for that comment?  can't be that difficult, surely


You have no idea at all on this Gelico, as wolf had stopped posting at the time

I was mistaken on quill and said so and you want me to apologise, when she cannot even admit to making false claims to things I never said?

Where she failed to apologise?

So why is it difficult for her, after me posting this countless times proving she then afterwards lied on this?
When you start pulling her up, maybe I will be bothered to take your advice in future

Let me know how that pans out

Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:55 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

no, because wolf is posting here

she hadn't in fact driven anyone away

can't you just say sorry to syl for that comment?  can't be that difficult, surely


You have no idea at all on this Gelico, as wolf had stopped posting at the time

I was mistaken on quill and said so and you want me to apologise, when she cannot even admit to making false claims to things I never said?

Where she failed to apologise?

So why is it difficult for her, after me posting this countless times proving she then afterwards lied on this?
When you start pulling her up, maybe I will be bothered to take your advice in future

Let me know how that pans out

Laughing


I didn't say I wanted you to apologise, didge. I merely thought it would be the right thing to do

If you are neither man nor gentleman enough to do so then it's hardly a problem to me,,,,,,nor indeed to syl I should imagine

your choice, of course

whatever
Rolling Eyes


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:58 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:


You have no idea at all on this Gelico, as wolf had stopped posting at the time

I was mistaken on quill and said so and you want me to apologise, when she cannot even admit to making false claims to things I never said?

Where she failed to apologise?

So why is it difficult for her, after me posting this countless times proving she then afterwards lied on this?
When you start pulling her up, maybe I will be bothered to take your advice in future

Let me know how that pans out

Laughing


I didn't say I wanted you to apologise, didge.  I merely thought it would be the right thing to do

If you are neither man nor gentleman enough to do so then it's hardly a problem to me,,,,,,nor indeed to syl I should imagine

your choice, of course

whatever
Rolling Eyes


Well as i am no doubt one of the few posters who admit when wrong and do apologise

Yet syl to this day and on numeroeus occasions, has made false claims to things I have not said, then lied about this. Never admitting or apologising and you want me to knuckle under?

That is not being a gentleman, that is bowing down to guilt crap that you are trying to pile on

Seriously jog on Gelico, as you are womansplaining

Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:01 am

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:



I said you had driven wolf and quill away

So I was right on wolf and wrong on quill


no, because wolf is posting here

she hadn't in fact driven anyone away

can't you just say sorry to syl for that comment?  can't be that difficult, surely
Thanks Gels, but as usual Didge tries (and fails) to deflect his wrongdoings on others.

He was wrong, he knows it, and I just put the record straight.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:03 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

no, because wolf is posting here

she hadn't in fact driven anyone away

can't you just say sorry to syl for that comment?  can't be that difficult, surely
Thanks Gels, but as usual Didge tries (and fails) to deflect his wrongdoings on others.

He was wrong, he knows it, and I just put the record straight.


Ahhhhhhhhh bless ha ha ha ha

You have never once apologised to me, for the numereous crap and lies you have said

As usual you came on here to try and stir and I am laughing loads at this

You are the one that lacks humility and even when I posted the claims you made and then you still tried to deny, shows your utter dishonesty

I was not wrong in regards to wolf and mistaken about quill and admitted that

That does not warrant an apology

Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:16 am

phildidge wrote:
Syl wrote:
Thanks Gels, but as usual Didge tries (and fails) to deflect his wrongdoings on others.

He was wrong, he knows it, and I just put the record straight.


Ahhhhhhhhh bless ha ha ha ha

You have never once apologised to me, for the numereous crap and lies you have said

As usual you came on here to try and stir and I am laughing loads at this

You are the one that lacks humility and even when I posted the claims you made and then you still tried to deny, shows your utter dishonesty

I was not wrong in regards to wolf and mistaken about quill and admitted that

That does not warrant an apology

Laughing
First I dont want or need one of apologies....they are useless.
Secondly, are you still accusing me of lying because I used the word expect instead of accept in a thread MONTHS ago?
You have clung on to  that like a fart in a wetsuit everytime we have had  a disagreement ever since.
Move on.....and at least admit to yourself you are 100% wrong.  Rolling Eyes

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:22 am

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:


Ahhhhhhhhh bless ha ha ha ha

You have never once apologised to me, for the numereous crap and lies you have said

As usual you came on here to try and stir and I am laughing loads at this

You are the one that lacks humility and even when I posted the claims you made and then you still tried to deny, shows your utter dishonesty

I was not wrong in regards to wolf and mistaken about quill and admitted that

That does not warrant an apology

Laughing
First I dont want or need one of apologies....they are useless.
Secondly, are you still accusing me of lying because I used the word expect instead of accept in a thread MONTHS ago?
You have clung on to  that like a fart in a wetsuit everytime we have had  a disagreement ever since.
Move on.....and at least admit to yourself you are 100% wrong.  Rolling Eyes

1)  So if you think they are useless, why the big song and dance here?

As I admitted to being mistaken, see its not hard to do, yet its impossible for you it seems.

I never asked Quill to apologise for lying four times here, but to simple admit he was wrong

2) Lying again. You claimed that when a woman accepts a man paying for her, that I viewed her as a whore. I never made any such view. I said when a woman expects a man to pay.

I posted this so many times and each and everytime you continued to deny it, when it was there for all to see in black and white

As well as countless names and views on my mental health

Not that the later bothers me, as its waters off a ducks back

Its the constant poor assumptions and you never admitting to being wrong and still doing so now

You have jumped in on this thread, for one purpose only, to shit stir and its what you do best

I suggest you start showing some humility, because you have very little

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:28 am

I posted in the thread to show up your hypocrisy.
Job done...night night.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18739
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:30 am

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No.  I was in the hospital, with no means to take notes as I normally do.  I have never seen that particular interview again, although I have looked.

I guess someone thought it would inflame people like you, and they pulled it.  Obviously they are right, so it was a prudent decision.  As far as the outcome...it is what it is.

oh, quill seriously,,,,

why would a statement that proved jussie innocent inflame me?  and what do you mean exactly ''people like you''

Because the issue has become tribal.  You are not here for truth, but to destroy and satisfy your personality deficiencies.  When an issue becomes tribal, the result matters more that the evidence.  You are in that frame of mind right now. Didge has always been there...he is ill-equipped for real debate.

gelico wrote:if there was any evidence that the brothers testimony fell apart then it would have been broadcast on every network in order to put people straight.

they pulled it be bollox

you know perfectly well this never even happened.

I have long since disavowed that claim, because I can no longer find the clip...though I have tried.  But you ignore that disavowal, proving precisely that you are in a tribal state of mind.  No reasoning can convince you—no matter that I take a different position--precisely because you are not here to discuss and debate.  You are here to conduct internet war.

This place was once a good debating site.  Unfortunately, because of people like you, the place has deteriorated into a haven for insults and gangs.  Wolf and I have been on sites involved in internet wars, and this has all the feel of it…save that it small.  Certain personalities come to those sites, not to discuss and debate, but to get into insult exchanges.  What a waste of mindspace.

I know how the infection takes place.  Soon this place will be given over solely to insults and derogatory comments.  Too bad.


Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28146
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:30 am

Syl wrote:I posted in the thread to show up your hypocrisy.
Job done...night night.

No hypocrisy in regards to wolf and you even admitted to not caring about him

So at least you admit to deliberately shit stirring on this thread and it was a job well done

As I say you excell at this

Give yourself a pat on the back.

Laughing

Good night


phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:35 am

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

oh, quill seriously,,,,

why would a statement that proved jussie innocent inflame me?  and what do you mean exactly ''people like you''

Because the issue has become tribal.  You are not here for truth, but to destroy and satisfy your personality deficiencies.  When an issue becomes tribal, the result matters more that the evidence.  You are in that frame of mind right now.

gelico wrote:if there was any evidence that the brothers testimony fell apart then it would have been broadcast on every network in order to put people straight.

they pulled it be bollox

you know perfectly well this never even happened.

I have long since disavowed that claim, because I can no longer find the clip...though I have tried.  But you ignore that disavowal, proving precisely that you are in a tribal state of mind.  No reasoning can convince you—no matter that I take a different position--precisely because you are not here to discuss and debate.  You are here to conduct internet war.

This place was once a good debating site.  Unfortunately, because of people like you, the place has deteriorated into a haven for insults and gangs.  Wolf and I have been on sites involved in internet wars, and this has all the feel of it…save that it small.  Certain personalities come to those sites, not to discuss and debate, but to get into insult exchanges.  What a waste of mindspace.

I know how the infection takes place.  Soon this place will be given over solely to insults and derogatory comments.  Too bad.  

eh?

Quill, dont you think if there was such a clip, it would have been all over the media?

Why is not even Foxx, making the claim to say in regards to the brothers?
#
You see your claim does not hold water and you are misdirecting again from the fact, you were mistaken in regards to this

Nobody has been insulting you here, but showing you told a porkie and have made many more from this original false claim

So you can stop with the victimology

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 am

Why did Chicago’s top prosecutor, Kimberly Foxx, recuse herself from the Smollett case?

Ms. Foxx, who promised to be a reformer when she was elected state’s attorney for Cook County in 2016, took herself off the case in February, saying that she had had conversations about the incident with a relative of Mr. Smollett. She also exchanged emails with Tina Tchen, a prominent Chicago lawyer and former aide to Michelle Obama. Ms. Tchen has said she sought to put Ms. Foxx in touch with the Smollett family over the family’s concerns about how the incident was being portrayed in public.

At the urging of a Smollett relative, Ms. Foxx also contacted Eddie T. Johnson, the superintendent of the Chicago Police Department, and suggested that the F.B.I. take over the investigation.

What evidence indicated to the police that Mr. Smollett had staged the attack?

The police say Mr. Smollett hired two brothers to stage an assault on him, and gave them a check for $3,500, with the promise of another $500 later. The police have a copy of the check, surveillance video of the brothers’ movements before the attack, and phone records showing that they spoke with Mr. Smollett an hour before the incident, and then again an hour afterward.

In a document prepared for a bail hearing, prosecutors said they also had video of the brothers at the scene, text messages with Mr. Smollett, and the brothers’ testimony relating how Mr. Smollett had recruited them and how he had visited the scene of the incident with them the night before to prepare.

The U.S.-Mexico border is a daily headline. A political football. And also home to millions of people. Every week for the next few months, we'll bring you their stories, far from the tug-of-war of Washington politics.

One unusual clue was an empty bottle of El Yucateco hot sauce, found at the scene more than a week after the incident. According to the police investigative report, detectives showed it to one of the brothers, who said “that it appeared to be the bottle he filled with bleach and poured on Smollett” during the incident.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/28/us/jussie-smollett.html?module=inline

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 am

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

oh, quill seriously,,,,

why would a statement that proved jussie innocent inflame me?  and what do you mean exactly ''people like you''

Because the issue has become tribal.  You are not here for truth, but to destroy and satisfy your personality deficiencies.  When an issue becomes tribal, the result matters more that the evidence.  You are in that frame of mind right now.  Didge has always been there...he is ill-equipped for real debate.

gelico wrote:if there was any evidence that the brothers testimony fell apart then it would have been broadcast on every network in order to put people straight.

they pulled it be bollox

you know perfectly well this never even happened.

I have long since disavowed that claim, because I can no longer find the clip...though I have tried.  But you ignore that disavowal, proving precisely that you are in a tribal state of mind.  No reasoning can convince you—no matter that I take a different position--precisely because you are not here to discuss and debate.  You are here to conduct internet war.

This place was once a good debating site.  Unfortunately, because of people like you, the place has deteriorated into a haven for insults and gangs.  Wolf and I have been on sites involved in internet wars, and this has all the feel of it…save that it small.  Certain personalities come to those sites, not to discuss and debate, but to get into insult exchanges.  What a waste of mindspace.

I know how the infection takes place.  Soon this place will be given over solely to insults and derogatory comments.  Too bad.


No, quill.

You know perfectly well, as does the rest of the world that if Foxx really had any kind of info regarding the brothers testimony that she would have been barking on about it non stop for all to hear. We all know that.

This place was once a place where you could lie and no one would call you out on it. Unfortunately, because of people like me, you can't get away with it so easily

as for your precious wolfie, you do realise that he puts out more insults that most of us put together, right?

cry me a river, quill

either you made a mistake and you were wrong, in which case just own it. Or you lied, and you got caught out, in which case just own it

end of

Rolling Eyes


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I guess because your bias is so bad, you are blind to any conflict, when you view something with a racial lens

Anyway, its not down for you to see the conflict. What will be is a judge to organise a sepcial prosecutor

What a surprise.  Nowhere in the thread title does it say that this thread is about me, notwithstanding your change of the subject.  I refuse to be engaged on that subject.

So cut the crap, I gave evidence to show she even herself looked to step down

Yes, but why did she recuse, if as you say she did?  I don't accept blanket summary, whether it goes to excuses or any other evidence.

phil wrote:The fact this goes over your racial bias head, is what is wrong here

I seriously think you would defend Idi Admin, simple because he was black

This is not about me.  I refuse to engage.

phil wrote:You dont see the wrongs done here, by Jussie, you just see the colour of his skin and immediatelly seeked to defend him

I've never said that.  The question has not arisen in this discussion.

phil wrote:It shows you have a racist mindset. You dont look at the actual evidence at all, but take the side of someone based on their skin colour

This is not about me.  That's the third time I've had to caution you about this.  I suggest that you review the discussion, in Site News and Announcements, about 'Answer the post, not the poster.'

You know how prone you are to being banned.  You are perhaps the worst offender of this.  This is largely why.  There's a lesson in that thread, and I feel it is instructive for you in particular.


What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 52977?AWSAccessKeyId=1XXJBWHKN0QBQS6TGPG2&Expires=1557792000&Signature=METy%2FBPw57V7N0WhM8oWLMCN8BE%3D
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9596
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:11 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Because the issue has become tribal.  You are not here for truth, but to destroy and satisfy your personality deficiencies.  When an issue becomes tribal, the result matters more that the evidence.  You are in that frame of mind right now.  Didge has always been there...he is ill-equipped for real debate.



I have long since disavowed that claim, because I can no longer find the clip...though I have tried.  But you ignore that disavowal, proving precisely that you are in a tribal state of mind.  No reasoning can convince you—no matter that I take a different position--precisely because you are not here to discuss and debate.  You are here to conduct internet war.

This place was once a good debating site.  Unfortunately, because of people like you, the place has deteriorated into a haven for insults and gangs.  Wolf and I have been on sites involved in internet wars, and this has all the feel of it…save that it small.  Certain personalities come to those sites, not to discuss and debate, but to get into insult exchanges.  What a waste of mindspace.

I know how the infection takes place.  Soon this place will be given over solely to insults and derogatory comments.  Too bad.


No, quill.

You know perfectly well, as does the rest of the world that if Foxx really had any kind of info regarding the brothers testimony that she would have been barking on about it non stop for all to hear.  We all know that.

This place was once a place where you could lie and no one would call you out on it.  Unfortunately, because of people like me, you can't get away with it so easily

as for your precious wolfie, you do realise that he puts out more insults that most of us put together, right?

cry me a river, quill

either you made a mistake and you were wrong, in which case just own it.  Or you lied, and you got caught out, in which case just own it

end of

Rolling Eyes

Proving that you are a tribalist, you care nothing about my disavowal or for my position whatsoever.  All you want to do is play GOTCHA!!

To you it's a disappointment that I seek truth or fairness...to you all that matters is a binary outcome.  Which is why you refuse to recognize my change of position...it's all gotcha, gotcha, gotcha!, and my fairness is a bother to you.

You are the bane of the world today...the reason why non-cooperation exist, intolerance prevails, and the reason why wars abound.  Look at how you take after wolf, and he isn't even a part of the discussion.  For you, it's all about how much divisiveness and emnity that you can create.  Someone--a mother, father, or lover--left a big hole right in the middle of you, and you're damn sure out for revenge.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28146
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:


No, quill.

You know perfectly well, as does the rest of the world that if Foxx really had any kind of info regarding the brothers testimony that she would have been barking on about it non stop for all to hear.  We all know that.

This place was once a place where you could lie and no one would call you out on it.  Unfortunately, because of people like me, you can't get away with it so easily

as for your precious wolfie, you do realise that he puts out more insults that most of us put together, right?

cry me a river, quill

either you made a mistake and you were wrong, in which case just own it.  Or you lied, and you got caught out, in which case just own it

end of

Rolling Eyes

Proving that you are a tribalist, you care nothing about my disavowal or for my position whatsoever.  All you want to do is play GOTCHA!!

To you it's a disappointment that I seek truth or fairness...to you all that matters is a binary outcome.  Which is why you refuse to recognize my change of position...it's all gotcha, gotcha, gotcha!, and my fairness is a bother to you.

You are the bane of the world today...the reason why non-cooperation exist, intolerance prevails, and the reason why wars abound.  Look at how you take after wolf, and he isn't even a part of the discussion.  For you, it's all about how much divisiveness and emnity that you can create.  Someone--a mother, father, or lover--left a big hole right in the middle of you, and you're damn sure out for revenge.

I'm not quite sure how you can fling this at Gelico and keep a straight face? Or are you being facetious? In many posts I put up here, Wolf follows me around calling me names and insulting me... and often when I'm not even part of the discussion. When he gets it back, he scuttles off like a little girl crying about abuse. After Didge, I think I'm one of the most prolific thread starters on this place. Something I do to try and keep the place alive. You're right about the forum being killed though. I'm staying away more and more because of the very attitude and personally abusive stuff you've just posted. Wolf is THE most abusive poster on this forum. He's very similar to Philagain in his unhinged bitterness towards certain posters on here. Yet you defend him all the time? Taking low blows at another poster about their personal life shouldn't be tolerated by admin on here.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9596
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:36 pm

HT wrote: I'm not quite sure how you can fling this at Gelico and keep a straight face? Or are you being facetious? In many posts I put up here, Wolf follows me around calling me names and insulting me... and often when I'm not even part of the discussion. When he gets it back, he scuttles off like a little girl crying about abuse.  

I am not being facetious.  I am alleging that tribalism has set in here at Newsfix.  The tribe involves the cadre of conservative women, which wolf has mentioned frequently, and add to it, Russ and Tommy Monk.

The tribalism is characterized by argument by adjective and assumption, with no commitment to bringing forward truth, analysis or reason.  Gelico wants to go directly to gotcha, without regard for what it is I stand behind.  Hence, she harps on a disavowed statement, without any real regard for what is being said.  Didge is impaired in his ability to process reason, so that's a given.  But you others don’t care about reasonable debate or discussion—once the hallmark of Newsfix—but rather winning a contest of rhetoric.  Hence, Gelico is satisfied with gotchas.

It’s tribalism, not reason or intelligent discussion.  Tribalism is characterized by binary choices—so as to determine a winner—and outcome orientation—so the sides are chosen.  Not by reason, but by the tribe.

After Didge, I think I'm one of the most prolific thread starters on this place. Something I do to try and keep the place alive. You're right about the forum being killed though. I'm staying away more and more because of the very attitude and personally abusive stuff you've just posted.

I doubt that; you are having too much fun with your tribalism.  Unfortunately, for my part, the defense to divisiveness is to respond in kind.  Otherwise, give an inch and they will take a mile.  If you want to stop divisiveness, the starter has to show good faith, something you have demonstrated no will to do.

Wolf is THE most abusive poster on this forum. He's very similar to Philagain in his unhinged bitterness towards certain posters on here. Yet you defend him all the time? Taking low blows at another poster about their personal life shouldn't be tolerated by admin on here.  

Wolf strikes back in his own way.  My way is to analyze, and come up with true motives and purposes.  The problem is not about abusiveness directly; abuse is only secondary to the underlying purpose.  But more than this, to create a ‘gang’ as you have done, is to give a life to the cadre that not even you (in the middle of it) can stop.  It’s no longer fellow travelers; it’s a movement.

I can only analyze, and show to you in words, what you indeed look like.  There is very little chance that you will listen, as in your frame of mind you see it as the very kind of rhetoric you now believe defines the world.  See, once you start this kind of divisiveness, it’s impossible to let go.  The first sacrifice is reasonable discussion.  That is the cause of why didge so readily resorts to insult and name-calling.  He goes directly to bowel urge, and abandons the mind.  You and Gelico are doing the same, only you are collectivizing it into a movement…the tribe.  That’s what tribalism does to one.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28146
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:53 pm

1)  There has been no abuse on this thread

2) Quill is not in a position to state what is right or wrong with how to debate. As to what is best is ambigious to say the least. Dependent on what people like and dislike

3) This has nothing to do with tribalism

This has everything to do with a debate that went downhill the moment you lied about a claim on the brothers. So bad was this lie, that you created more lies off this first one. Just because you simple would not admit to being wrong

That is what it all boils down to and no matter how much deflection you spout here about posters. This debate was about Jussie and how he faked a hate crime. Thus any views you presented. That as seen were a lie. Then how can we take any of your views seriously on this debate? When instead of admitting your were mistaken. You instead built more lies around this.

It shows a poor bias you have in defendiung Jussie. So to discount your actions here on a debate. Is not tribalism. But clearly pointing out the flaws in your defense of Jussie.

You make more excuses than Richard Nixon

You have shown some of the worst defense for your lies on this and that certainly matters when debating a topic, if the person (you in this case). Finds it impossible to admit when wrong

That is the issue here and it has nothing to do with tribalism, but you needing to admit you were mistaken, so we can all move on.

Also, nobody is buying into this victimology crap and that is not just to you, but others on here. Nobody is innocent, as much as some like to think they are. They are not. People need to move on.

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:01 pm

phildidge wrote:1)  There has been no abuse on this thread

2) Quill is not in a position to state what is right or wrong with how to debate. As to what is best is ambigious to say the least. Dependent on what people like and dislike

3) This has nothing to do with tribalism

This has everything to do with a debate that went downhill the moment you lied about a claim on the brothers. So bad was this lie, that you created more lies off this first one. Just because you simple would not admit to being wrong

You have shown some of the worst defense for your lies on this and that certainly matters when debating a topic, if the person (you in this case). Finds it impossible to admit when wrong

That proves it's about tribalism.  I have disavowed and changed my position because I cannot find the clip.  But this is not enough.  Why?  Because you want to hang on to that position, even though I disavow it, so as to engage in a gotcha game.

phil wrote:Also, nobody is buying into this victimology crap and that is not just to you, but others on here. Nobody is innocent, as much as some like to think they are. They are not. People need to move on.

Here you show your intellectual weakness.  Nobody has mentioned "victimology" nor have you introduced or connected victimology to the subject.  We have been discussing tribalism and divisive gang mentality.  Stay on topic, or remain irrelevant.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28146
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:1)  There has been no abuse on this thread

2) Quill is not in a position to state what is right or wrong with how to debate. As to what is best is ambigious to say the least. Dependent on what people like and dislike

3) This has nothing to do with tribalism

This has everything to do with a debate that went downhill the moment you lied about a claim on the brothers. So bad was this lie, that you created more lies off this first one. Just because you simple would not admit to being wrong

You have shown some of the worst defense for your lies on this and that certainly matters when debating a topic, if the person (you in this case). Finds it impossible to admit when wrong

That proves it's about tribalism.  I have disavowed and changed my position because I cannot find the clip.  But this is not enough.  Why?  Because you want to hang on to that position, even though I disavow it, so as to engage in a gotcha game.

phil wrote:Really?

You did not disavow the clip though Quill. as you then went to invent and claim more falsehoods based off the clip. Claiming it was shelved by the media company. Based again on a falsehood on how people would react.

How is that tribalism?

I really think you have no comprehension of what tribalism is.


Here you show your intellectual weakness.  Nobody has mentioned "victimology" nor have you introduced or connected victimology to the subject.  We have been discussing tribalism and divisive gang mentality.  Stay on topic, or remain irrelevant.


You keep claiming yourself to be a victim of abuse on here, when nobody has been abusive towards you

In fact you have used this excuse to deflect away from your first error

I will take the first point you made as in error about the brothers.

I think you were mistaken on that, but you went and made it worse, but further lying around this

To claim that the clip was shelved, when Foxx and the left leaning media, would be all over this like a rash. Shows you further invented nonesense to detract from your error.

Why not admit, you were mistaken and nobody shelved this invented clip, you dreamed up.??

The reality is the evidence is damning against Jussie and you have hardly talked about this

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by Original Quill on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:21 pm

phil wrote:You keep claiming yourself to be a victim of abuse on here, when nobody has been abusive towards you

That is not my claim. You see how you always lose the plot? You can't listen, reason or process ideas.

You are reduced to insults and swear words because you lose the plot so easily, and people don't want to communicate with you as a result.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28146
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor - Page 3 Empty Re: What a Crock - Jussie Smollett: Prosecutors drop all charges against actor

Post by phildidge on Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:You keep claiming yourself to be a victim of abuse on here, when nobody has been abusive towards you

That is not my claim.  You see how you always lose the plot?  You can't listen, reason or process ideas.

You are reduced to insults and swear words because you lose the plot so easily, and people don't want to communicate with you as a result.


Really?

Seems you are imagining this as well on the thread, as much as you imagined the TV clip about the brothers. As that has not happened in this debate and is yet more deflecting by you

Look, if you cannot admit when wrong. Then you have a problem. As the only way to learn from mistakes, is to recognise them

You will always fall at the first hurdle, the way you are acting over all of this

phildidge

Posts : 6242
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum