Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Go down

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence Empty Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Post by eddie on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 pm

You can finally relax, as according to scientists, forgetfulness is a sign of higher intelligence. Some people have a more efficient brain and easily memorize more things and details. On the other hand, there are people who cannot remember tiny details or things they have learned a long time ago.

According to researchers Paul Frankland and Blake Richards from the University of Toronto, these minor brain lapses are completely normal, as the old memories in the brain can be “overwritten” by new ones.

They also found that people with a better memory are not necessarily more intelligent, and they actually discovered that the opposite might be the case. They claim that it is much more useful to memorize a larger scale of everything and forget tiny facts than memorizing all details.

According to Prof. Richards:

“It’s important that the brain forgets irrelevant details and instead focuses on the things that will help you make decisions in the real world.”

According to Curious Mind Magazine:

“It turns out that these two processes interact with each other, allowing for “intelligent decision-making in dynamic, noisy environments. The author of the review study, Professor Blake Richards, explains that the real purpose of memory is the optimization of decision-making. The brain achieves this by filtering out irrelevant details and holding on to things that will contribute to intelligent decisions in the real world.

‘Bad memory’ in this respect is actually a mechanism in the brain which serves to quickly make space for relevant information and not allow the brain to waste energy and space remembering the mundane and trivial information.

‘Facts,’ are not what the brain perceives as facts. The brain focuses on creating a general picture of the events or a simplified version of some information, which could serve as a means to making better decisions later.”

Memories are stored in the hippocampus on the brain, and it erases less important data in order to be able to focus on important things. In this way, we make wiser and better decisions.

https://www.healthyfoodhouse.com/neuroscientists-say-your-forgetfulness-is-a-sign-of-extraordinary-intelligence/

cheers I must be well intelligent innit. My memory is terrible! I had this opened in a tab for at least three days and I’ve only just remembered to post it up.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence Empty Re: Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 pm

Lol, so the article above is not the original and was sourced from this link.

https://www.globalremedyhouse.com/neuroscientists-say-your-forgetfulness-is-a-sign-of-extraordinary-intelligence/

They were not the original source and they linked to this article

https://auxx.me/neuroscientists-say-your-forgetfulness-is-a-sign-of-extraordinary-intelligence-by-chamalee/

They were not the original either and got theirs from

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/30/health/poor-memory-smarter-study-partner/index.html

Which they got from the actual study and in no way does it state that its a sign of Extraordinary Intelligence. lol

They claim  it can help make people smarter, by forgetting certain things that might deter intelligence through conflict

You might want to read the CNN one Eddie, as this is what it says

"You don't want to forget everything, and if you're forgetting a lot more than normal that might be cause for concern," he says. "But if you're someone who forgets the occasional detail, that's probably a sign that your memory system is perfectly healthy and doing exactly what it should be doing."

Amasing how the other 3 links put their own spin on this study lol

phildidge

Posts : 5393
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence Empty Re: Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Post by eddie on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm

The article from CNN was quoted in that link that I put up too. It was just really a bit of fun anyway. Who knows if it’s true anyway?



Erm...what were we talking about? scratch

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence Empty Re: Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 pm

eddie wrote:The article from CNN was quoted in that link that I put up too. It was just really a bit of fun anyway. Who knows if it’s true anyway?



Erm...what were we talking about? scratch

Socialist democrats

lol!

phildidge

Posts : 5393
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence Empty Re: Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Post by eddie on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 pm

phildidge wrote:
eddie wrote:The article from CNN was quoted in that link that I put up too. It was just really a bit of fun anyway. Who knows if it’s true anyway?



Erm...what were we talking about? scratch

Socialist democrats

lol!

Oh yeah! So....who are you? Shocked

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence Empty Re: Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Post by nicko on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:32 am

I must be on a par with Einstein !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11429
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence Empty Re: Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:53 pm

nicko wrote:I must be on a par with Einstein !

Same here, er, what did you say your name was, mate?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 2478
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence Empty Re: Neuroscientists Say Your Forgetfulness Is A Sign Of Extraordinary Intelligence

Post by eddie on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
nicko wrote:I must be on a par with Einstein !

Same here, er, what did you say your name was, mate?

Who the hecking hell are you? Shocked



_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum