Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Eilzel on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:51 am

He is according to David Pakman. Even if/when Biden announces his bid, could he just end up another Jeb Bush? (Please clap)


_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7576
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:19 am

Oh please oh please let this be true.


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by The Devil, You Know on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:45 am

it should make an easy task even easier for trump. There's no hypocrite like a far left hypocrite

_________________
"If a socialist understood economics, he wouldn't be a socialist" : Friedrich Hayek
"

I know a place where your speech is free
and the only mod is me
Israel uses weapons to protect its people, the Palestinians use people to protect their weapons
#tories4Corbyn
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know

Posts : 3743
Join date : 2015-05-11
Location : Room 101 (which does not exist)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:it should make an easy task even easier for trump. There's no hypocrite like a far left hypocrite

talking of hypocrites

have you seen the shit going on around here??

tread carefully The Devil You Know, these lefty Mclunatics are definitely up to something

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Eilzel on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:57 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:it should make an easy task even easier for trump. There's no hypocrite like a far left hypocrite

Arrogance. Your lot are full of it.

Carry on boys Laughing

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7576
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Polls have Biden as the leader, but Biden hasn't declared.  In about a 12 person race he is in second place and has a very loyal following.  

He has the socialist crowd locked up. His problem is, most Democrats are supporting someone else and as the 12 whittle down to 2 or 3, he's not going pick up the support if those that supported ones that dropped out.  

While his politics are different than Ron Paul,  he's similar as he's an outsider in his own party that cant get a majority in his party to support him.  

And Smelly and the Devil are correct that Sanders is the guy team Trump wants. I dont see that happening.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Eilzel on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Maddog wrote:Polls have Biden as the leader, but Biden hasn't declared.  In about a 12 person race he is in second place and has a very loyal following.  

He has the socialist crowd locked up. His problem is, most Democrats are supporting someone else and as the 12 whittle down to 2 or 3, he's not going pick up the support if those that supported ones that dropped out.  

While his politics are different than Ron Paul,  he's similar as he's an outsider in his own party that cant get a majority in his party to support him.  

And Smelly and the Devil are correct that Sanders is the guy team Trump wants. I dont see that happening.

Team Trump is arrogant. Sanders polls extremely well against Trump. He did in 2016 too, better than Clinton (who, let's not forget, won the popular vote).

Biden leads. So did Jeb, for all the good it did him Wink

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7576
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Maddog wrote:Polls have Biden as the leader, but Biden hasn't declared.  In about a 12 person race he is in second place and has a very loyal following.  

He has the socialist crowd locked up. His problem is, most Democrats are supporting someone else and as the 12 whittle down to 2 or 3, he's not going pick up the support if those that supported ones that dropped out.  

While his politics are different than Ron Paul,  he's similar as he's an outsider in his own party that cant get a majority in his party to support him.  

And Smelly and the Devil are correct that Sanders is the guy team Trump wants. I dont see that happening.

Team Trump is arrogant. Sanders polls extremely well against Trump. He did in 2016 too, better than Clinton (who, let's not forget, won the popular vote).

Biden leads. So did Jeb, for all the good it did him Wink
Most independent observers are pretty certain Sanders would be about the worst choice for the Dems.  Socialism doesn't sell well across the US. It does in small pockets.  

I dont recall Jeb leading any polls, but I admit it's been 4 years and I cant remember who was leading the Republican polls back then.  

Sanders isn't even a Democrat and if he actually poses a threat to win the nomination, the Democratic party will stop being as congenial as they are to the weirdo socialist that they tolerate for political expediency.  

Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to have to explain why her parties nominee was singing the praises of the Soviet union  and Castro well into his adult life.  

Rest assured, the Republicans are ready to exploit every thing he did.  They are already using Sanders and AOC to normalize Trump,

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Maddog wrote:He has the socialist crowd locked up. His problem is, most Democrats are supporting someone else and as the 12 whittle down to 2 or 3, he's not going pick up the support if those that supported ones that dropped out.

Socialist programs for essential services are not at all unpopular in the US.  First, the present generation is not scared away by use of the term 'socialist', as was the case back in the 1950's.  They see this fear as dad’s bug-a-boo, not their own.  They witness the many socialist programs at work in other countries, like Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, the Scandenavian countries…and the very popular, Israel, and they say why not?  Socialism is very workable once you lose yesterday’s stigma.

Second, we already have many socialist programs that work quite well in our own country.  There is the beloved US military, the many police and fire responders, the ever-popular NASA, then there are social security, medicare and medicaid--very much in favor with the general population.  Newer programs, like Obamacare, are proving quite in demand, answering an important need.

Sanders doesn't support socialism as a government, but he favors piecemeal programs that are socialist in structure.  That’s important, because he doesn’t have to stand up for a whole principle…only for what works.

I don't see him losing too many votes as the field narrows down.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Jules on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:19 pm

I'm interested in this. So I googled him.
Can a helpful American member make a list of all the people who want to run for POTUS in 2020 please. 
Or maybe Thor could.
I like to be in the know.

_________________
"an invincible summer"- Camus
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3042
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:He has the socialist crowd locked up. His problem is, most Democrats are supporting someone else and as the 12 whittle down to 2 or 3, he's not going pick up the support if those that supported ones that dropped out.

Socialist programs for essential services are not at all unpopular in the US.  First, the present generation is not scared away by use of the term 'socialist', as was the case back in the 1950's.  They see this fear as dad’s bug-a-boo, not their own.  They witness the many socialist programs at work in other countries, like Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, the Scandenavian countries…and the very popular, Israel, and they say why not?  Socialism is very workable once you lose yesterday’s stigma.

Second, we already have many socialist programs that work quite well in our own country.  There is the beloved US military, the many police and fire responders, the ever-popular NASA, then there are social security, medicare and medicaid--very much in favor with the general population.  Newer programs, like Obamacare, are proving quite in demand, answering an important need.

Sanders doesn't support socialism as a government, but he favors piecemeal programs that are socialist in structure.  That’s important, because he doesn’t have to stand up for a whole principle…only for what works.

I don't see him losing too many votes as the field narrows down.

Sanders supports the Democratic Socialists of America.

They call for the abolishment of privately owned corporations.

We are not talking Swedish capitalism here.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:48 pm

Jules wrote:I'm interested in this. So I googled him.
Can a helpful American member make a list of all the people who want to run for POTUS in 2020 please. 
Or maybe Thor could.
I like to be in the know.

The list of those not running might be shorter.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Jules wrote:I'm interested in this. So I googled him.
Can a helpful American member make a list of all the people who want to run for POTUS in 2020 please. 
Or maybe Thor could.
I like to be in the know.

there is only one name on that list

donald trump

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:51 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Maddog wrote:Polls have Biden as the leader, but Biden hasn't declared.  In about a 12 person race he is in second place and has a very loyal following.  

He has the socialist crowd locked up. His problem is, most Democrats are supporting someone else and as the 12 whittle down to 2 or 3, he's not going pick up the support if those that supported ones that dropped out.  

While his politics are different than Ron Paul,  he's similar as he's an outsider in his own party that cant get a majority in his party to support him.  

And Smelly and the Devil are correct that Sanders is the guy team Trump wants. I dont see that happening.

Team Trump is arrogant. Sanders polls extremely well against Trump. He did in 2016 too, better than Clinton (who, let's not forget, won the popular vote).

Biden leads. So did Jeb, for all the good it did him Wink

trump is going to take it home.

i will be here the day after pissing in all your faces.


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:06 pm

"We believe that the workers and consumers who are affected by economic institutions should own and control them."

https://www.dsausa.org/about-us/what-is-democratic-socialism/

That is not what happens in Sweden, nor is that concept supported by anyone outside of Sanders.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:10 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Team Trump is arrogant. Sanders polls extremely well against Trump. He did in 2016 too, better than Clinton (who, let's not forget, won the popular vote).

Biden leads. So did Jeb, for all the good it did him Wink

trump is going to take it home.

i will be here the day after pissing in all your faces.

Trump in 2020 is going to redefine 'landslide loss' in America. He won't have Hillary to fuel the rebound-vote, and people have seen what a wimp, girly-boy he is in the wake of Helsinki.

He's already gone, as the Eagles say. The next two years will be Congress playing cat-and-mouse toy with him. Already, he's crying...did you see his tweets this morning?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Socialist programs for essential services are not at all unpopular in the US.  First, the present generation is not scared away by use of the term 'socialist', as was the case back in the 1950's.  They see this fear as dad’s bug-a-boo, not their own.  They witness the many socialist programs at work in other countries, like Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, the Scandenavian countries…and the very popular, Israel, and they say why not?  Socialism is very workable once you lose yesterday’s stigma.

Second, we already have many socialist programs that work quite well in our own country.  There is the beloved US military, the many police and fire responders, the ever-popular NASA, then there are social security, medicare and medicaid--very much in favor with the general population.  Newer programs, like Obamacare, are proving quite in demand, answering an important need.

Sanders doesn't support socialism as a government, but he favors piecemeal programs that are socialist in structure.  That’s important, because he doesn’t have to stand up for a whole principle…only for what works.

I don't see him losing too many votes as the field narrows down.

Sanders supports the Democratic Socialists of America.

They call for the abolishment of privately owned corporations.

We are not talking Swedish capitalism here.  

But, the point is, Sanders is not the Democratic Socialists of America. 'Support' and 'being' are two different things.

And, the Democratic Socialists of America do not reject piecemeal socialism. That is Sanders' calling. So, you might say that the Democratic Socialists of America support Sanders, rather than the other way around.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Jules on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
Jules wrote:I'm interested in this. So I googled him.
Can a helpful American member make a list of all the people who want to run for POTUS in 2020 please. 
Or maybe Thor could.
I like to be in the know.

The list of those not running might be shorter.
lol! lol! alien

_________________
"an invincible summer"- Camus
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3042
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Sanders supports the Democratic Socialists of America.

They call for the abolishment of privately owned corporations.

We are not talking Swedish capitalism here.  

But, the point is, Sanders is not the Democratic Socialists of America.  'Support' and 'being' are two different things.

And, the Democratic Socialists of America do not reject piecemeal socialism.  That is Sanders' calling.  So, you might say that the Democratic Socialists of America support Sanders, rather than the other way around.

Sanders and AOC democratic socialists and support that organization.

Do you support the abolishment of privately owned corporations?

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

trump is going to take it home.

i will be here the day after pissing in all your faces.

Trump in 2020 is going to redefine 'landslide loss' in America.  He won't have Hillary to fuel the rebound-vote, and people have seen what a wimp, girly-boy he is in the wake of Helsinki.

He's already gone, as the Eagles say.  The next two years will be Congress playing cat-and-mouse toy with him.  Already, he's crying...did you see his tweets this morning?

Did you predict he would win in 2016?


_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Trump in 2020 is going to redefine 'landslide loss' in America.  He won't have Hillary to fuel the rebound-vote, and people have seen what a wimp, girly-boy he is in the wake of Helsinki.

He's already gone, as the Eagles say.  The next two years will be Congress playing cat-and-mouse toy with him.  Already, he's crying...did you see his tweets this morning?

Did you predict he would win in 2016?

No one predicted the Hillary backlash. But yes, I did predict her plurality...and she did win, by 3-million votes.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Did you predict he would win in 2016?

No one predicted the Hillary backlash.  But yes, I did predict her plurality...and she did win, by 3-million votes.

Did you predict that Trump would be president?

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No one predicted the Hillary backlash.  But yes, I did predict her plurality...and she did win, by 3-million votes.

Did you predict that Trump would be president?

Yep, I speculated after the Bush debacle in 2000. America is not a democracy. Only the Congress reflects the will of the people. Congress is overwhelmingly Democratic, suggesting what I am saying: government is out of touch with the American people.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Did you predict that Trump would be president?

Yep, I speculated after the Bush debacle in 2000.  America is not a democracy.  Only the Congress reflects the will of the people.  Congress is overwhelmingly Democratic, suggesting what I am saying: government is out of touch with the American people.

I'll ask you one more time.

Did you predict that Trump would be president?

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:14 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yep, I speculated after the Bush debacle in 2000.  America is not a democracy.  Only the Congress reflects the will of the people.  Congress is overwhelmingly Democratic, suggesting what I am saying: government is out of touch with the American people.

I'll ask you one more time.

Did you predict that Trump would be president?

As a matter of fact, yes, I speculated after the Bush debacle in 2000.  America is not a democracy.  The electoral college can be fiddled with, as the Russians proved in 2016. And, of course, you know that the Senate is not proportional with population.

Only the Congress reflects the will of the people, and Republicans try to get away from that by gerrymandering.  Congress is overwhelmingly Democratic today, suggesting what I am saying: government is out of touch with the American people.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'll ask you one more time.

Did you predict that Trump would be president?

As a matter of fact, yes, I speculated after the Bush debacle in 2000.  America is not a democracy.  The electoral college can be fiddled with, as the Russians proved in 2016.  And, of course, you know that the Senate is not proportional with population.

Only the Congress reflects the will of the people, and Republicans try to get away from that by gerrymandering.  Congress is overwhelmingly Democratic today, suggesting what I am saying: government is out of touch with the American people.

You're a liar.

I have zero problems with people who have different opinions, as there are many on here that have them.

I can respect them

But liars are different. They are a scourge. Congratulations.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:22 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

As a matter of fact, yes, I speculated after the Bush debacle in 2000.  America is not a democracy.  The electoral college can be fiddled with, as the Russians proved in 2016.  And, of course, you know that the Senate is not proportional with population.

Only the Congress reflects the will of the people, and Republicans try to get away from that by gerrymandering.  Congress is overwhelmingly Democratic today, suggesting what I am saying: government is out of touch with the American people.

You're a liar.

I have zero problems with people who have different opinions, as there are many on here that have them.

I can respect them

But liars are different. They are a scourge. Congratulations.  

You're a loser. You've just had your butt cheeks handed to you. Go to your corner and whimper some more...you'll get over it.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

trump is going to take it home.

i will be here the day after pissing in all your faces.

Trump in 2020 is going to redefine 'landslide loss' in America.  He won't have Hillary to fuel the rebound-vote, and people have seen what a wimp, girly-boy he is in the wake of Helsinki.

He's already gone, as the Eagles say.  The next two years will be Congress playing cat-and-mouse toy with him.  Already, he's crying...did you see his tweets this morning?

thats coming from you quill

youre neck deep in trump derangemnt syndrome and are incapable of giving anything approaching sane or impartial where trump is concerned, you lose all cohesive thought at the mere mention of the man, you will forgive me if i take what you say with a pinch of salt especially since you dont speak on behalf of america, the only person you speak for is you.

i wish there was some way for us to bet, id bet an entire years salary against $1 that trump takes it, in fact i will be betting on trump taking it and ill make a mint.

you guys were saying the EXACT same thing last time, and you got dry bummed.

the very best hope you had was clinton and she didnt come close to bothering trump.



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'll ask you one more time.

Did you predict that Trump would be president?

As a matter of fact, yes, I speculated after the Bush debacle in 2000.  America is not a democracy.  The electoral college can be fiddled with, as the Russians proved in 2016.  And, of course, you know that the Senate is not proportional with population.

Only the Congress reflects the will of the people, and Republicans try to get away from that by gerrymandering.  Congress is overwhelmingly Democratic today, suggesting what I am saying: government is out of touch with the American people.

what was the state of congress under obama??






_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:46 pm

smelly b wrote:youre neck deep in trump derangemnt syndrome and are incapable of giving anything approaching sane or impartial where trump is concerned, you lose all cohesive thought at the mere mention of the man, you will forgive me if i take what you say with a pinch of salt especially since you dont speak on behalf of america, the only person you speak for is you.

2016 was the perfect storm. A Clinton in opposition, and Russian collusion. It won't happen again that way in a million years.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:48 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

As a matter of fact, yes, I speculated after the Bush debacle in 2000.  America is not a democracy.  The electoral college can be fiddled with, as the Russians proved in 2016.  And, of course, you know that the Senate is not proportional with population.

Only the Congress reflects the will of the people, and Republicans try to get away from that by gerrymandering.  Congress is overwhelmingly Democratic today, suggesting what I am saying: government is out of touch with the American people.

what was the state of congress under obama??

'Do-nothing'. Razz

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly b wrote:youre neck deep in trump derangemnt syndrome and are incapable of giving anything approaching sane or impartial where trump is concerned, you lose all cohesive thought at the mere mention of the man, you will forgive me if i take what you say with a pinch of salt especially since you dont speak on behalf of america, the only person you speak for is you.

2016 was the perfect storm.  A Clinton in opposition, and Russian collusion.  It won't happen again that way in a million years.

it didnt happen that way in the first place

the investigaion has concluded and there is no collusion

clinton should have won, she was obamas number 2, she was a wamun,and she was very experienced, and she had the entire media industrial complex carrying water for her, she had big money coming in from all over the place including the saudis, there is simply no way trump should have won.

but he did, and why?? because obama and the democrats had been shitting all over ordinary americans, he promised obamacare and people got fucked, nothing obama did made americans better off, and everytime the average joe voiced a concern he got shouted down, called a racist called a bigot etc.

you said it yourself, the govt was out of touch with the public and thats why trump won

trump is in touch with the public and will win again, youre so far gone that you simply cannot process the fact that you and the rest of the democrats are on the exact same track you were before.

you guys will shit all over trump, you will shit all over his support base, you will shit all over any deplorable that dares to support him and you will ensure his victory

trump is going to win in 2020

i will keep saying it so no one can say i didnt call it.

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

what was the state of congress under obama??

'Do-nothing'.  Razz

why was that???

didnt the democrat majority congress like the democrat president??

you guys have a weird system, you attack your own

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

'Do-nothing'.  Razz

why was that???

didnt the democrat majority congress like the democrat president??

you guys have a weird system, you attack your own

It was a Republican majority Congress.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:15 am

Maddog wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Maddog wrote:Polls have Biden as the leader, but Biden hasn't declared.  In about a 12 person race he is in second place and has a very loyal following.  

He has the socialist crowd locked up. His problem is, most Democrats are supporting someone else and as the 12 whittle down to 2 or 3, he's not going pick up the support if those that supported ones that dropped out.  

While his politics are different than Ron Paul,  he's similar as he's an outsider in his own party that cant get a majority in his party to support him.  

And Smelly and the Devil are correct that Sanders is the guy team Trump wants. I dont see that happening.

Team Trump is arrogant. Sanders polls extremely well against Trump. He did in 2016 too, better than Clinton (who, let's not forget, won the popular vote).

Biden leads. So did Jeb, for all the good it did him Wink
Most independent observers are pretty certain Sanders would be about the worst choice for the Dems.  Socialism doesn't sell well across the US. It does in small pockets.  

I dont recall Jeb leading any polls, but I admit it's been 4 years and I cant remember who was leading the Republican polls back then.  

Sanders isn't even a Democrat and if he actually poses a threat to win the nomination, the Democratic party will stop being as congenial as they are to the weirdo socialist that they tolerate for political expediency.  

Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to have to explain why her parties nominee was singing the praises of the Soviet union  and Castro well into his adult life.  

Rest assured, the Republicans are ready to exploit every thing he did.  They are already using Sanders and AOC to normalize Trump,

I think this assessment is pretty accurate.

I liked Sanders last time but this time round, he is too old and too socialist and they have had to long to prepare a campaign against him, which is also too easy too do

they a better off with some younger blood, that is similar to Obama on the political divide

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19093
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Eilzel on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Maddog wrote:Polls have Biden as the leader, but Biden hasn't declared.  In about a 12 person race he is in second place and has a very loyal following.  

He has the socialist crowd locked up. His problem is, most Democrats are supporting someone else and as the 12 whittle down to 2 or 3, he's not going pick up the support if those that supported ones that dropped out.  

While his politics are different than Ron Paul,  he's similar as he's an outsider in his own party that cant get a majority in his party to support him.  

And Smelly and the Devil are correct that Sanders is the guy team Trump wants. I dont see that happening.

Team Trump is arrogant. Sanders polls extremely well against Trump. He did in 2016 too, better than Clinton (who, let's not forget, won the popular vote).

Biden leads. So did Jeb, for all the good it did him Wink
Most independent observers are pretty certain Sanders would be about the worst choice for the Dems.  Socialism doesn't sell well across the US. It does in small pockets.  

I dont recall Jeb leading any polls, but I admit it's been 4 years and I cant remember who was leading the Republican polls back then.  

Sanders isn't even a Democrat and if he actually poses a threat to win the nomination, the Democratic party will stop being as congenial as they are to the weirdo socialist that they tolerate for political expediency.  

Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to have to explain why her parties nominee was singing the praises of the Soviet union  and Castro well into his adult life.  

Rest assured, the Republicans are ready to exploit every thing he did.  They are already using Sanders and AOC to normalize Trump,

I think this assessment is pretty accurate.

I liked Sanders last time but this time round, he is too old and too socialist and they have had to long to prepare a campaign against him, which is also too easy too do

they a better off with some younger blood, that is similar to Obama on the political divide

I think you're buying into the corporatist bullcrap a little too much. Sanders polls incredibly well. And there is plenty to throw at Trump at this point too. The only reason Sanders didn't get to trounce Trump last time was he was less well-known and up against the Clinton-train.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7576
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:50 am

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

why was that???

didnt the democrat majority congress like the democrat president??

you guys have a weird system, you attack your own

It was a Republican majority Congress.

So the Obama administration was completely out of touch with the public??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:13 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Most independent observers are pretty certain Sanders would be about the worst choice for the Dems.  Socialism doesn't sell well across the US. It does in small pockets.  

I dont recall Jeb leading any polls, but I admit it's been 4 years and I cant remember who was leading the Republican polls back then.  

Sanders isn't even a Democrat and if he actually poses a threat to win the nomination, the Democratic party will stop being as congenial as they are to the weirdo socialist that they tolerate for political expediency.  

Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to have to explain why her parties nominee was singing the praises of the Soviet union  and Castro well into his adult life.  

Rest assured, the Republicans are ready to exploit every thing he did.  They are already using Sanders and AOC to normalize Trump,

I think this assessment is pretty accurate.

I liked Sanders last time but this time round, he is too old and too socialist and they have had to long to prepare a campaign against him, which is also too easy too do

they a better off with some younger blood, that is similar to Obama on the political divide
Yeah, and unfortunately, running for president requires some personality. It's sort of a reality show.  You have to sell yourself.  Bernie appeals to very left leaning political junkies.  He cant excite a bunch of independents that are just casual observers of the process.  He reminds too many people of Doc, from back to the future.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:17 pm

For the record, he did get Shuan Kings endorsement yesterday. So that will give him a little cred against the black folks running (Booker and Harris). But I also think some blacks are getting tired of Shuan King and his bullshit. The Smollett fiasco made King look like a fool again.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Original Quill on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:53 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It was a Republican majority Congress.

So the Obama administration was completely out of touch with the public??


The Obama administration was elected and reelected by record majorities. It was immensely popular with the public.

It's the Republicans who go outside the popularity bubble to win elections. Both Bush and Trump were appointed by the electoral college (or Supreme Court), having been defeated by a popular vote of the people. In addition, Republicans augment constitutional procedures with extralegal voter exclusion, gerrymandering and using any means of preventing voters of the other party from voting.

If you've been following discussions on another thread, the Republicans are a dying party, desperate to hang on any way they can. Ultimately, they would prefer to do away with democracy altogether.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27762
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 pm

Trump's going down in 2020, big time.
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25844
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

So the Obama administration was completely out of touch with the public??


The Obama administration was elected and reelected by record majorities.  It was immensely popular with the public.

It's the Republicans who go outside the popularity bubble to win elections.  Both Bush and Trump were appointed by the electoral college (or Supreme Court), having been defeated by a popular vote of the people.  In addition, Republicans augment constitutional procedures with extralegal voter exclusion, gerrymandering and using any means of preventing voters of the other party from voting.

If you've been following discussions on another thread, the Republicans are a dying party, desperate to hang on any way they can.  Ultimately, they would prefer to do away with democracy altogether.

im confused

you say on one hand that america isnt a democracy, but then say that this undemocratic way of electing leaders is "immensely popular with the public", but ten you complain about it not being democratic when trumps wins

even though every preseindet is elected on the same system its almost like you are saying

obama wins = a great day for democracy

trump wins = democracy is dead in the US

quick question, and im sure maddog will help us ot here if you dont want to, but has there ever been a democrat who lost the popular vote but won the electoral college and was elected to office???

just curious

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:07 pm

The US is actually a Republic. We were never designed to be a pure democracy as that's the same as mob rule.

It's two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by Maddog on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:08 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Trump's going down in 2020, big time.

If Mueller has nothing, and that seems to be the general consensus, Trump is going to be difficult to beat.

Don't make me pull up your predictions from 2016. Wink

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:09 pm

One Democrat did - Samuel Tilden, in 1876. Three Republicans have won that way, and two of them since 2000.
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25844
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:09 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Trump's going down in 2020, big time.

you should go into the slogan business

first it was "trump will never be elected"

now its "Trump's going down in 2020, big time" (not sure how you will make a chant of that, but ok)

maybe at the end of his second term you can change your slogan to "what the fuck just happened i feel like i got trumped in the ass"



_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Maddog wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Trump's going down in 2020, big time.

If Mueller has nothing, and that seems to be the general consensus, Trump is going to be difficult to beat.

Don't make me pull up your predictions from 2016. Wink

Trump has a very low approval rating and his party was thumped by the Democrats four months ago.
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25844
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:10 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:One Democrat did - Samuel Tilden, in 1876. Three Republicans have won that way, and two of them since 2000.

was this Samuel Tilden the first to do it??


_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:11 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:One Democrat did - Samuel Tilden, in 1876. Three Republicans have won that way, and two of them since 2000.

was this Samuel Tilden the first to do it??


No, Andrew Jackson did it about 50 years prior.
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25844
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner? Empty Re: Is Bernie Sanders Now The 2020 Frontrunner?

Post by smelly-bandit on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:12 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:

If Mueller has nothing, and that seems to be the general consensus, Trump is going to be difficult to beat.

Don't make me pull up your predictions from 2016. Wink

Trump has a very low approval rating and his party was thumped by the Democrats four months ago.

you should be wary of the polls ben, the polls said he wouldnt win the first time round

guess what happened, oh you dont need to guess youve been bitching about it for the last few years.

same polls saying the same thing.

how many pieces of dog shit will you eat before you realise they aint chocloate???




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4892
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum