Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Go down

Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:28 pm



Two violent attacks on treatment centers in the Democratic Republic of Congo in the last week have left the international aid agency Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) with “no choice” but to suspend work to contain the Ebola outbreak. 

The organisation was at the forefront of efforts to contain the growing Ebola epidemic in the DRC, the worst in the country's history, which has so far caused 553 deaths. 

But violent attacks in the volatile region, which has been at the centre of conflict fueled by ethnic rivalries and territorial disputes for more than two decades, have made attempts to control the highly contagious disease even more difficult. 

Earlier this week, an Ebola treatment centre in the town of Katwa was partially burnt down, destroying medical equipment and patients wards and killing a caretaker, seemingly while he was fleeing the scene. 

Then in a second attack on Wednesday night in the nearby city of Butembo, assailants tried to set fire to a health centre with almost 60 patients inside - 15 of whom were confirmed to have Ebola.  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/01/ebola-spreads-congo-treatment-centers-attacked-torched/



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22046
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:47 pm

Get trump to build his beautiful wall around the DRC and leave it for a few decades

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4761
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by Original Quill on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:11 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Get trump to build his beautiful wall around the DRC and leave it for a few decades

Or at least until they become lighter-skinned, eh Russ? Twisted Evil

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27469
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:17 pm

It's bad enough having Ebola without some idiots trying to set fire to you as well.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32759
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by smelly-bandit on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Get trump to build his beautiful wall around the DRC and leave it for a few decades

Or at least until they become lighter-skinned, eh Russ?  Twisted Evil

they wont last that long

the african is predisposed to savagery which is why most of africa is war torn and life is so cheap on that god forsaken continent, their lust for war is strong than their desire for peace and they will die from war long before they tire from it.




_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4761
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:47 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Or at least until they become lighter-skinned, eh Russ?  Twisted Evil

they wont last that long

the african is predisposed to savagery which is why most of africa is war torn and life is so cheap on that god forsaken continent, their lust for war is strong than their desire for peace  and they will die from war long before they tire from it.





And you place this into comparrison to the wars of Europe in the 20th century?

So lets put this to the test

How many wars have there been and numbers of fatalities with wars in Africa by black Africans against other Black Africans

Compared to wars by white Europeans, (plus also caucasian Arabs) against white Europeans, Asians, indigenious and also White and Black Africans?

In your own time smelly

I mean based on your unscientifc claim here, surely we would have to believe that your racism claptrap would place white people as far more war like and also asians, with the likes of Mao and Ghengis Khan. Within a historial timeframe of centuries?

Do you want to rethink your racist gibbierish, of have me continually make you look very silly?

Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 4762
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by Original Quill on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:37 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Or at least until they become lighter-skinned, eh Russ?  Twisted Evil

they wont last that long

the african is predisposed to savagery which is why most of africa is war torn and life is so cheap on that god forsaken continent, their lust for war is strong than their desire for peace  and they will die from war long before they tire from it.

...from the mouth of babes. Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27469
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by eddie on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Or at least until they become lighter-skinned, eh Russ?  Twisted Evil

they wont last that long

the african is predisposed to savagery which is why most of africa is war torn and life is so cheap on that god forsaken continent, their lust for war is strong than their desire for peace  and they will die from war long before they tire from it.

...from the mouth of babes.  Rolling Eyes

Well two things:

Smelly has lived in South Africa so many know more than you?

You have made sweeping generalisations about Eastern European’s....so....?

_________________
“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37109
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:53 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Or at least until they become lighter-skinned, eh Russ?  Twisted Evil

they wont last that long

the african is predisposed to savagery which is why most of africa is war torn and life is so cheap on that god forsaken continent, their lust for war is strong than their desire for peace  and they will die from war long before they tire from it.

...from the mouth of babes.  Rolling Eyes

Well two things:

Smelly has lived in South Africa so many know more than you?

You have made sweeping generalisations about Eastern European’s....so....?

So both are wrong and are everything liberalism is against.

Anglo-Saxons were taken slaves by the Romans; Irish became indentured servants in America; Native Americans and Aboriginals were wiped out; and all of it because someone thought "they're all the same."

_________________
Ben: "I think it's Pinot Noir mixed with Shiraz."

Eddie: "It's shit mixed with vomit."
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25582
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by phildidge on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:31 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

...from the mouth of babes.  Rolling Eyes

Well two things:

Smelly has lived in South Africa so many know more than you?

You have made sweeping generalisations about Eastern European’s....so....?

That has to go down as one of the most dumbest statements I have ever heard

Smeely came from South Africa and grew up under Apartheid. Being taught a racist view point of Black Africans

He has never lived in the Congo, so your point is like saying you know white people, based off crimes of Nazi Germany

What smelly always fails to admit that Europeans by far in History alongside some, Arabs, Turks, Japanese, Indians, Mongols and Chinese. Have committed some of the worst savagery in history

It makes his argument look silly and shows he only looks through a lense of racist colour

phildidge

Posts : 4762
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ebola spreads in Congo as treatment centers attacked and torched 

Post by smelly-bandit on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:33 am

should be a cheap round for red nose day then

_________________
“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize,ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief."

- Frantz Fanon
--------------------------------------

PROUD to be a BOY
smelly-bandit
smelly-bandit

Posts : 4761
Join date : 2015-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum