NETFLIX

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NETFLIX Empty NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:24 pm

Is anyone else totally addicted to some of the stuff on there?

I am fairly new to Netflix, so far I have binge watched all the Black Mirrors and am on the third series of the American Horror stories
.
Better than anything on Sky, ITV or the BBC.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Edds and I recently finished up Russian Doll, the first season of The Sinner and Dirty John -- liked all three, though none were perfect.
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25856
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Ben has just set up my TV so I can get free Netflix. I’m so bloody chuffed! I keep getting excited and he’s all like “Yeah dude, it’s been around for years Rolling Eyes

I might watch Black Mirrors. My son recommend it to us the other night.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:42 pm

I have loads of stuff lined up to watch.....I had Netflix years ago and the only thing I binge watched was DEXTER....which was great btw.

I would recomend every episode of Black Mirror....they really make you think.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:44 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Edds and I recently finished up Russian Doll, the first season of The Sinner and Dirty John -- liked all three, though none were perfect.

I fancy Russian Doll....it's on my wait list. Cool

It's just so easy to binge watch stuff though because you dont have to wait a week for the next episode or a year for the next series.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Syl wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Edds and I recently finished up Russian Doll, the first season of The Sinner and Dirty John -- liked all three, though none were perfect.

I fancy Russian Doll....it's on my wait list. Cool

It's just so easy to binge watch stuff though because you dont have to wait a week for the next episode or a year for the next series.

Russian Doll is good. By episode four you will get hooked.

I HATE waiting a week to watch something so binge-watching is right up my alley.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:45 pm

I've had Netflix for years.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9504
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I've had Netflix for years.

We will have to compare what we have seen.....not yet though I am
to engrossed in the American horror stories series.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:06 am

Television is the work of the devil and I don't watch it. Cool

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4299
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:30 am

YOU.

About a stalker.....3/4 of the way through it.
It's good.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 am

I watched You, but it's difficult to comment without spoilers. I wouldn't say it was about a stalker as such because victims of stalkers don't usually want anything to do with the stalker.

I liked the humorous approach, although that disappeared later on.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32885
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:17 am



love netflix

haven't owned a tv since 2011

just binged watched The Unbrella Academy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I watched You, but it's difficult to comment without spoilers. I wouldn't say it was about a stalker as such because victims of stalkers don't usually want anything to do with the stalker.

I liked the humorous approach, although that disappeared later on.

I just finished it, I really enjoyed it.

I would say he was a stalker who got lucky, he definitely started off stalking her and manipulating meetings  with the girl, and she did eventually fall for him.

The ending scene was good....seems for once he did tell the truth.

The main man in that, from profileI thought  he looked very much like a young Warren Beatty.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:17 pm

NETFLIX Penn-badgley-joe-goldberg_2019-01-17_19-14-52

NETFLIX Warren-warren-beatty-30767817-796-1000

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:20 pm

gelico wrote:

love netflix

haven't owned a tv since 2011

just binged watched The Unbrella Academy

I haven't heard of that Gels, I will mark it as one to look at.

I am back watching the American horror stories.....the first two series were good....Series 3 isn't grabbing me though yet.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I watched You, but it's difficult to comment without spoilers. I wouldn't say it was about a stalker as such because victims of stalkers don't usually want anything to do with the stalker.

I liked the humorous approach, although that disappeared later on.

I just finished it, I really enjoyed it.

I would say he was a stalker who got lucky, he definitely started off stalking her and manipulating meetings  with the girl, and she did eventually fall for him.

The ending scene was good....seems for once he did tell the truth.

The main man in that, from profileI thought  he looked very much like a young Warren Beatty.

Well he showed up at places she went to, but lots of people do that when they want to get to know someone. She chased him after they split up. The problem was that he was the most likeable character in the whole thing. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32885
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I just finished it, I really enjoyed it.

I would say he was a stalker who got lucky, he definitely started off stalking her and manipulating meetings  with the girl, and she did eventually fall for him.

The ending scene was good....seems for once he did tell the truth.

The main man in that, from profileI thought  he looked very much like a young Warren Beatty.

Well he showed up at places she went to, but lots of people do that when they want to get to know someone. She chased him after they split up. The problem was that he was the most likeable character in the whole thing. Laughing

He stole her phone, had access to all her private info, knew her every movement, watched her undress and have sex through the window of her apartment, masturbated whilst secretly spying on her, broke into her apartment, read all the stuff on her laptop, nicked her knickers.....yep, I would say he was definitely a stalker. Laughing

He was pretty likeable though. I love you

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well he showed up at places she went to, but lots of people do that when they want to get to know someone. She chased him after they split up. The problem was that he was the most likeable character in the whole thing. Laughing

He stole her phone, had access to all her private info, knew her every movement, watched her undress and have sex through the window of her apartment, masturbated whilst secretly spying on her, broke into her apartment, read all the stuff on her laptop, nicked her knickers.....yep, I would say he was definitely a stalker. Laughing

He was pretty likeable though. I love you  

I should think the whole world could see what she was doing - you'd think she'd get some curtains. Laughing She was pretty rotten about him to her mates as well, and she also lied to him about several things.

It was good though. I wish the humour had carried on all the way through.


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32885
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

He stole her phone, had access to all her private info, knew her every movement, watched her undress and have sex through the window of her apartment, masturbated whilst secretly spying on her, broke into her apartment, read all the stuff on her laptop, nicked her knickers.....yep, I would say he was definitely a stalker. Laughing

He was pretty likeable though. I love you  

I should think the whole world could see what she was doing - you'd think she'd get some curtains.  Laughing She was pretty rotten about him to her mates as well, and she also lied to him about several things.

It was good though. I wish the humour had carried on all the way through.


His initial summing up of her was right, she did like to be watched.....who acts like that with no curtains up, she was a stalkers dream really.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:05 pm

Anyway, Netflix is good if you're just looking for random stuff which catches your eye. Virtually everything I've actually searched for on there has not been available.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32885
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, Netflix is good if you're just looking for random stuff which catches your eye. Virtually everything I've actually searched for on there has not been available.

How come?
The only thing that wasn't available to me (so far) is the last series of Black Mirror called Bandersnatch.....I dont have the interactive equipment necessary to view it on my laptop apparently.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Anyway, Netflix is good if you're just looking for random stuff which catches your eye. Virtually everything I've actually searched for on there has not been available.

How come?
The only thing that wasn't available to me (so far) is the last series of Black Mirror called Bandersnatch.....I dont have the interactive equipment necessary to view it on my laptop apparently.

Not everything's on there I guess. NETFLIX 2190311264

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32885
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:07 pm

If you haven't seen it Black Mirror is really good Rags....I binge watched that, every episode was brilliant imo.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Syl wrote:Is anyone else totally addicted to some of the stuff on there?

I am fairly new to Netflix, so far I have binge watched all the Black Mirrors and am on the third series of the American Horror stories
.
Better than anything on Sky, ITV or the BBC.

Netflix is good. The best thing it has all episodes

Watch How to get away with murder

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3063
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Edds and I are watching Safe now, with Michael C. Hall. It's an English series, and she's finally gotten me to stop saying, "I'm really an American, ain't I?" when he talks.
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25856
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by eddie on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:54 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Edds and I are watching Safe now, with Michael C. Hall. It's an English series, and she's finally gotten me to stop saying, "I'm really an American, ain't I?" when he talks.

He does a pretty decent English accent dude. Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:46 pm

eddie wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Edds and I are watching Safe now, with Michael C. Hall. It's an English series, and she's finally gotten me to stop saying, "I'm really an American, ain't I?" when he talks.

He does a pretty decent English accent dude. Rolling Eyes

It's mingin' mate.
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25856
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:53 am

Syl wrote:If you haven't seen it Black Mirror is really good Rags....I binge watched that, every episode was brilliant imo.

I'll give it a go Syl. I've just discovered Hinterland on there, so I binged on that a bit. Laughing I've also been watching the American version of House of Cards. I'm taking a rest from that as it's quite long though.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32885
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:09 pm

My list of stuff to watch is ever growing.

The good thing/or drawback to NETFLIX is once you get hooked on a series you dont have to wait for the next episode, it's all there, to binge to your hearts content.
It can get very addictive.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Syl wrote:My list of stuff to watch is ever growing.

The good thing/or drawback to NETFLIX is once you get hooked on a series you dont have to wait for the next episode, it's all there, to binge to your hearts content.
It can get very addictive.

Yes. I haven't watched normal TV for ages. I used to watch the iplayers so I didn't have to wait between episodes, but I can't watch them any more. I watched a ton of Death in Paradise at one point on Netflix - it went on for days. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32885
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:52 pm

I still watch Corrie on TV. Though tbh it's rubbish compared to how it used to be. I think if you watch something weekly from being a child it's hard to stop.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Syl wrote:I still watch Corrie on TV. Though tbh it's rubbish compared to how it used to be. I think if you watch something weekly from being a child it's hard to stop.


ah, you would think so syl but it actually isn't. i swear

i used to watch them religiously with my mum as a kid then with my daughter (she got right into them too)

i remember me and ma sitting on the sofa, we would watch emmerdale, then corrie, then eastenders, then back to another episode of corrie same with daughter

but then daughter went to africa for a few weeks and we missed watching them together and both said we would catch up with them together when she came back but we just didn't and i never missed it at all

back in the day we had sky tv and kids packages the full shebang but then hubby fell out of work for a couple of months so that was the first thing to go. we thought they would really miss all the disney stuff and all that they had got used to watching after school, but no, not a bit of it. we thought we would miss smackdown and all but no, not a bit of it.

besides which, as stated on netflix, there is so much choice which doesn't need a tv at all. there is so much stuff to watch online not just on netflix but things like watchseries etc and new channels coming all the time. tv seems so old hat to me now. my dad has a huge fuck off one in the corner and often says ''all those bleedin' channels and sod all worth watching really''

furthermore, considering the panadrama fiasco, i'm really glad now that i don't subscribe to the biased, manipulative, lying BBC.

it's all rosy here

cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:38 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:I still watch Corrie on TV. Though tbh it's rubbish compared to how it used to be. I think if you watch something weekly from being a child it's hard to stop.


ah, you would think so syl but it actually isn't.  i swear

i used to watch them religiously with my mum as a kid then with my daughter (she got right into them too)

i remember me and ma sitting on the sofa, we would watch emmerdale, then corrie, then eastenders, then back to another episode of corrie same with daughter

but then daughter went to africa for a few weeks and we missed watching them together and both said we would catch up with them together when she came back but we just didn't and i never missed it at all

back in the day we had sky tv and kids packages the full shebang but then hubby fell out of work for a couple of months so that was the first thing to go.  we thought they would really miss all the disney stuff and all that they had got used to watching after school, but no, not a bit of it.  we thought we would miss smackdown and all but no, not a bit of it.

besides which, as stated on netflix, there is so much choice which doesn't need a tv at all.  there is so much stuff to watch online not just on netflix but things like watchseries etc and new channels coming all the time.  tv seems so old hat to me now.  my dad has a huge fuck off one in the corner and often says ''all those bleedin' channels and sod all worth watching really''

furthermore, considering the panadrama fiasco, i'm really glad now that i don't subscribe to the biased, manipulative, lying BBC.

it's all rosy here

cheers

I used to watch it with my mum too Gels.
Then when I married we would gab about it on the phone....Corrie was one of the last things my mum was interested in as she began to watch TV less and less as she got older.

Mind you, it was interesting back then, the likes of Elsie Tanner, Vera, Blanche  and Bet are long gone. Crying or Very sad

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:43 pm

I watched Corrie on and off for years. I stopped at one point because of Fiz and Tyrone, and then started again. I can't be doing with watching it on telly though so I used the iplayer. The adverts drove me mad, and you're not allowed to block them, and then my laptop became too old to watch them as it doesn't work with the video format or something. I usually ask my friend what's happening these days. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32885
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I watched Corrie on and off for years. I stopped at one point because of Fiz and Tyrone, and then started again. I can't be doing with watching it on telly though so I used the iplayer. The adverts drove me mad, and you're not allowed to block them, and then my laptop became too old to watch them as it doesn't work with the video format or something. I usually ask my friend what's happening these days. Laughing

It's lost the plot nowadays, it used to be true to life, now there are murders, kidnaps, catastrophies of one kind or another every other week....on one small northern street.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:44 pm

Syl wrote:Is anyone else totally addicted to some of the stuff on there?

I am fairly new to Netflix, so far I have binge watched all the Black Mirrors and am on the third series of the American Horror stories
.
Better than anything on Sky, ITV or the BBC.



after seeing this post last week i decided to give it a try. loved it!


i think next stop might have to be afterlife,


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:57 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:Is anyone else totally addicted to some of the stuff on there?

I am fairly new to Netflix, so far I have binge watched all the Black Mirrors and am on the third series of the American Horror stories
.
Better than anything on Sky, ITV or the BBC.



after seeing this post last week i decided to give it a try.  loved it!


i think next stop might have to be afterlife,

I'm glad you enjoyed the 'Black Mirrors' Gels....I loved every one of them, cant wait till they release a new series of them.

I am watching 'Stranger things' series 1 at the mo....thats good too.
Tried watching 'Russian Doll' but the lead actress got on my nerves so I gave up on that  Laughing 

I will now put Afterlife on my 'need to look at' list.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:



after seeing this post last week i decided to give it a try.  loved it!


i think next stop might have to be afterlife,

I'm glad you enjoyed the 'Black Mirrors' Gels....I loved every one of them, cant wait till they release a new series of them.


i liked all of them, i think the one that chilled me the most was the young girl who woke up and didn't know who she was or where she was and everyone filming her. also the guy on the enterprise ship who came a cropper in his own game.

it reminded me vaguely of tales of the unexpected but much darker and more violent

son watched russian dolls and liked it.

haven't started on afterlife yet but have heard great reviews on it. my daughter is also watching this and says it's a must for everyone, so we shall see

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:09 pm

The episode where the young woman woke up confused, where no one would help her was very clever...they all seemed to have a sting in the tail.
The one where the mum had her young daughter micro chipped but ended up spying on her was clever too....a lot of these things could be an actual possibility in the future, I think thats what made them scary.

Is Afterlife the Ricky Gervais series? If it is it's already on my watch list....I love him.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by eddie on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 pm

Afterlife is brilliant. Highly recommend.

_________________
“Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons ”
― Anon.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:48 am

eddie wrote:Afterlife is brilliant. Highly recommend.



is it just the six episodes?

watched them tonight and agree with you

Gervais is pure genius

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm

I am almost finished watching AFTERLIFE.
Hilarious and sad at the same time...10/10.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:35 am

Syl wrote:I am almost finished watching AFTERLIFE.
Hilarious and sad at the same time...10/10.


cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:42 am

Gels, I watched the last episode tonight.  I cried in parts...and laughed out loud a couple of minutes later.
Thanks for recommending....heres hoping there will be another series in the not so distant future.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Cass on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:15 am

We use Netflix, Hulu and Britbox to get all of the British murder mysteries over here.

Can highly recommend Safe. 8 part original Netflix mini series. Killing Eve was also fantastic. Waiting impatiently for Season 2 and Luther season 5. And GOT but that’s HBO. Line of Duty and The Bodyguard too.

We are almost through Elementary. Afterlife is next up.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5481
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Syl on Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Cass wrote:We use Netflix, Hulu and Britbox to get all of the British murder mysteries over here.

Can highly recommend Safe. 8 part original Netflix mini series. Killing Eve was also fantastic. Waiting impatiently for Season 2 and Luther season 5. And GOT but that’s HBO. Line of Duty and The Bodyguard too.

We are almost through Elementary. Afterlife is next up.

Killing Eve was brilliant, I watched it on TV, cant wait for the next series.
I think it starts soon in America Cass...we have to wait a bit longer for it to be shown.

Just read it starts this Sunday on BBC America.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18399
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:We use Netflix, Hulu and Britbox to get all of the British murder mysteries over here.

Can highly recommend Safe. 8 part original Netflix mini series. Killing Eve was also fantastic. Waiting impatiently for Season 2 and Luther season 5. And GOT but that’s HBO. Line of Duty and The Bodyguard too.

We are almost through Elementary. Afterlife is next up.

Killing Eve was brilliant, I watched it on TV, cant wait for the next series.
I think it starts soon in America Cass...we have to wait a bit longer for it to be shown.

Just read it starts this Sunday on BBC America.


never heard of Killing Eve nor Safe. I shall mark those as ones to watch

anyone ever watched Brooklyn 99

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Cass on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:22 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

Killing Eve was brilliant, I watched it on TV, cant wait for the next series.
I think it starts soon in America Cass...we have to wait a bit longer for it to be shown.

Just read it starts this Sunday on BBC America.


never heard of Killing Eve nor Safe.  I shall mark those as ones to watch

anyone ever watched Brooklyn 99

You will love them gels. Great writing and acting. Both will make you binge watch.

I haven’t seen B999 but my friend adores it. More comedy right?

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5481
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Cass on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:31 pm

Unforgotten, Happy Valley, Marcella, The Fall, White Chapel l, DCI Banks were all excellent.

_________________
Do you think you'll be the guy - to make the Queen of the Angels sigh?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Posts : 5481
Join date : 2014-01-19
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NETFLIX Empty Re: NETFLIX

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:31 pm



Killing Eve doesn't show up on my netflix

watched the first two episodes of safe though

very tense


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum