Fabulous weather.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Fabulous weather.

Post by Syl on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have a suntan...in February....in England. Shocked
This weather is unheard of...20c in Manchester today, warm enough to eat out in town with no coat on. cheers
Hope everyone else is enjoying the sunny

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19141
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Putting in air conditioning is very expensive. Fans are fine but if you're moving around a lot you can't be near a fan.  Drinks are good but they don't cool you down.

We've also had issues with extreme cold.

I hate air conditioning. It makes me feel cold and also spreads things like colds around offices.  It’s horrible.

I know what you mean. I know people who do have air con at work, and they argue about it - some saying it's too cold, and others saying it's still too hot. It does feel a bit unnatural, but it's better than having people keeling over because of the heat.

I get hot outside and then come inside and feel feeezing cold when there’s air con.
It confuses my body and makes me feel irritated. No

_________________
“I love people. Everybody. I love them, I think, as a stamp collector loves his collection. Every story, every incident, every bit of conversation is raw material for me.”
~ Sylvia Plath
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38648
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I know what you mean. I know people who do have air con at work, and they argue about it - some saying it's too cold, and others saying it's still too hot. It does feel a bit unnatural, but it's better than having people keeling over because of the heat.

I get hot outside and then come inside and feel feeezing cold when there’s air con.
It confuses my body and makes me feel irritated.  No

It's weird though. I can go into a shop which has air conditioning and it feels lovely, but after a few minutes I feel as hot as ever.


_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33460
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:50 pm

I don't get why some people like extreme heat. Do they not get all sweaty and tired?

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33460
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I know what you mean. I know people who do have air con at work, and they argue about it - some saying it's too cold, and others saying it's still too hot. It does feel a bit unnatural, but it's better than having people keeling over because of the heat.

I get hot outside and then come inside and feel feeezing cold when there’s air con.
It confuses my body and makes me feel irritated.  No

It's weird though. I can go into a shop which has air conditioning and it feels lovely, but after a few minutes I feel as hot as ever.


You ever had your thyroid checked? It might be your inner thermometer.

_________________
“I love people. Everybody. I love them, I think, as a stamp collector loves his collection. Every story, every incident, every bit of conversation is raw material for me.”
~ Sylvia Plath
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38648
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's weird though. I can go into a shop which has air conditioning and it feels lovely, but after a few minutes I feel as hot as ever.


You ever had your thyroid checked? It might be your inner thermometer.

I think I get used to the new temperature, and then it feels warm again. I hate being cold inside too, but I sit outside in the middle of winter with no problem. Laughing

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33460
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's weird though. I can go into a shop which has air conditioning and it feels lovely, but after a few minutes I feel as hot as ever.


You ever had your thyroid checked? It might be your inner thermometer.

I think I get used to the new temperature, and then it feels warm again. I hate being cold inside too, but I sit outside in the middle of winter with no problem. Laughing

Hahahaha little Miss Contrary.

_________________
“I love people. Everybody. I love them, I think, as a stamp collector loves his collection. Every story, every incident, every bit of conversation is raw material for me.”
~ Sylvia Plath
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38648
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:10 pm

In Texas, when high temperatures drop to 70 (21 C) in the fall, we all talk about how nice it is that the weather's cooling down.

Then, when temperatures climb back to 70 in the spring, we talk about how nice it is that it's finally warming up.

_________________
And I crawled out the window with my shadow in a spoon
Dancing on the roof shooting holes in the moon

- Beck
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26734
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by eddie on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:13 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:In Texas, when high temperatures drop to 70 (21 C) in the fall, we all talk about how nice it is that the weather's cooling down.

Then, when temperatures climb back to 70 in the spring, we talk about how nice  it is that it's finally warming up.

Same as the British. We are weather-obsessed.

_________________
“I love people. Everybody. I love them, I think, as a stamp collector loves his collection. Every story, every incident, every bit of conversation is raw material for me.”
~ Sylvia Plath
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38648
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:55 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Putting in air conditioning is very expensive. Fans are fine but if you're moving around a lot you can't be near a fan.  Drinks are good but they don't cool you down.

We've also had issues with extreme cold.

I hate air conditioning. It makes me feel cold and also spreads things like colds around offices.  It’s horrible.

I dont like it either, I dont use it in the car and i dont use it when we go abroad. I also hate it on in restaurants, I would rather sit outdoors.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19141
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Jules on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:21 am

@ title: Fabulous is the word.  Oh my!!! bounce 

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Tenor

_________________
Live Laugh Love
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3353
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:02 am

Bad thunder storm today.  A 3 on a scale of 5, all day.  Really came down.  Now it heads off to OK and TX.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28934
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:Bad thunder storm today.  A 3 on a scale of 5, all day.  Really came down.  Now it heads off to OK and TX.
We could have done with that yesterday....fires are already starting to break out over the moors again, just as they did last summer when we had the heatwave.


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/27/saddleworth-moor-fire-apocalyptic-blaze-breaks-yorkshire-britains/

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19141
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by eddie on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Bad thunder storm today.  A 3 on a scale of 5, all day.  Really came down.  Now it heads off to OK and TX.
We could have done with that yesterday....fires are already starting to break out over the moors again, just as they did last summer when we had the heatwave.


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/27/saddleworth-moor-fire-apocalyptic-blaze-breaks-yorkshire-britains/

Rain here tomorrow and temperatures of 53F. Pffffff.

_________________
“I love people. Everybody. I love them, I think, as a stamp collector loves his collection. Every story, every incident, every bit of conversation is raw material for me.”
~ Sylvia Plath
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 38648
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Syl on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:
We could have done with that yesterday....fires are already starting to break out over the moors again, just as they did last summer when we had the heatwave.


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/27/saddleworth-moor-fire-apocalyptic-blaze-breaks-yorkshire-britains/

Rain here tomorrow and temperatures of 53F. Pffffff.

I know, but that's still above the average for this time of year. Normally it's around 6 or 7 degrees not 12c.
Role on summer ...we are going to have another scorcher. cheers

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19141
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:54 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

I hate air conditioning. It makes me feel cold and also spreads things like colds around offices.  It’s horrible.

I dont like it either, I dont use it in the car and i dont use it when we go abroad. I also hate it on in restaurants,  I would rather sit outdoors.

Come to Texas in August.

You will grow to like it. Cool

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4795
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:02 am

pirat

Record flooding in FNQ.

"Unprecedented" bushfires burned in Tasmania and SW Queensland.

Hottest and driest January on record.

Big corporations keep on polluting..
Forests still keep on being cut down faster than they ate being replaced.
Japanese now harvest plankton and krill, as well as fish and whales.
Poachers keep on poaching;  biodiversity is declining..

And still, we keep on seeimg the likes of Tommy, smelly', Deano, vintage, nicko and company coming back on here with their denialist crappola...

Fabulous weather  ?    In a pig 's eye it's "fabulous weather"..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 7300
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by nicko on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:30 am

I'v never denied anything you have stated, your a lying nutter. Apart from that your a cockwomble !
Now go back to your PC and type " I am a c**t a thousand times !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11867
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by nicko on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:33 am

PS, go see a "trick cyclist" , you have delusions of grandeur !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11867
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Jules on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:03 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:pirat

Fabulous weather  ?    In a pig 's eye it's "fabulous weather"..

Aww Wolfie, I'm not a pig, I swear. Embarassed  
I'm willing to take a DNA test to prove it. Razz Razz


Climate change awareness is foremost on my mind but I was just pleased to see the sun, it was a nice break from months of shivery dull weather, sorry luv! X
Have the Queensland fires abated now? And the flooding in some areas? I feel so sorry for the residents.

_________________
Live Laugh Love
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3353
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Syl on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:12 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

I dont like it either, I dont use it in the car and i dont use it when we go abroad. I also hate it on in restaurants,  I would rather sit outdoors.

Come to Texas in August.

You will grow to like it. Cool

Lol, the forum I used to post on based in Texas, everyone used to moan about the hot weather all the time....usually when it was cold and miserable here.
Some people are so ungrateful.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19141
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Jules on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:43 pm

Any sign of this blood rain the Met men forecast?
Mother nature is so moody.

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 8fd1c06cc9f40af18900f481366b3a10

Now we are told she's about to have a period? No   How red will this rain be???

_________________
Live Laugh Love
Jules
Jules

Posts : 3353
Join date : 2016-07-30
Location : Vantage Point

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fabulous weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabulous weather.

Post by Syl on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:34 am

The beautiful February weather is a distant memory.
In the last few days we have had hail, sleet, gale force winds....and now it's snowing again.

Come back Spring.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 19141
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum