Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:09 pm

A conservative Christian university abruptly dismissed the consulting firm it had hired to look into its handling of sexual assault investigations.

Until recently, students at Bob Jones University who sought counseling for sex abuse were told not to report their claims because turning in a fellow fundamentalist would damage Jesus Christ, reported the New York Times.

Most of the students reported sex abuse that happened when they were children but sought help later, as college students, and administrators branded the victims as liars and sinners, the paper reported.

“The person who supposedly counseled me told me if I reported (another fundamentalist Christian) to the police, I was damaging the cause of Christ, and I would be responsible for the abuser going to hell,” said Catherine Harris, who attended the university in the 1980s. “He said all of my problems were as a result of my actions in the abuse, which mostly took place before I was 12, and I should just forgive the abuser.”

Another former student said when she accused a graduate student of sexual assault in the 1990s, investigators asked what she had been wearing tightly fitted clothing and urged her to keep quiet to protect her reputation.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/12/bob-jones-university-stifle-sex-abuse-claims-if-you-report-it-you-hurt-the-body-of-christ/

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26412
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 pm

Apparently this has been going on for years:

Lydia still doesn’t know why she was expelled from Bob Jones University in March 2009. But she believes it has something to do with the fact that she was raped.

Lydia, who asked to be identified by only her first name, loved BJU, a Christian university in Greenville, S.C., when she started there in the fall of 2008. Pursuing a nursing major, she enjoyed the classes, played intramural sports and had a great group of friends. Then, when she went home over Christmas break, she says she was raped by an acquaintance.

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/america-tonight-blog/2013/11/5/addressing-sexualassaultonafundamentalistchristiancampus.html

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26412
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:34 pm

the UK went through the same thing with muslim paedophile rings.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Apparently this has been going on for years:

Lydia still doesn’t know why she was expelled from Bob Jones University in March 2009. But she believes it has something to do with the fact that she was raped.

Lydia, who asked to be identified by only her first name, loved BJU, a Christian university in Greenville, S.C., when she started there in the fall of 2008. Pursuing a nursing major, she enjoyed the classes, played intramural sports and had a great group of friends. Then, when she went home over Christmas break, she says she was raped by an acquaintance.

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/america-tonight-blog/2013/11/5/addressing-sexualassaultonafundamentalistchristiancampus.html

Friggin swines.

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Eilzel on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 pm

The biggest problem with religious institutions is how they try to cover sexual 'unpleasantness' whatever it may be. No concern for people who are victims- only the intent to appear 'clean'. Fucking disgusting...

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7724
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 pm

disgusting and should never have been covered up...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Eilzel wrote:The biggest problem with religious institutions is how they try to cover sexual 'unpleasantness' whatever it may be. No concern for people who are victims- only the intent to appear 'clean'. Fucking disgusting...

I agree entirely, the mormons, the Jw's and catholics all did the same, it is bad enough that it happened and not making excuses but abuse can happen anyway but to cover it up, is just disgusting.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Ben Reilly on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:21 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:The biggest problem with religious institutions is how they try to cover sexual 'unpleasantness' whatever it may be. No concern for people who are victims- only the intent to appear 'clean'. Fucking disgusting...

I agree entirely, the mormons, the Jw's and catholics all did the same, it is bad enough that it happened and not making excuses but abuse can happen anyway but to cover it up, is just disgusting.

It's what happens when people get too far up their own asses about how "holy" they are.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2009/03/pastor-gets-caught-lying-for-jesus/

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26412
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by SEXY MAMA on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I agree entirely, the mormons, the Jw's and catholics all did the same, it is bad enough that it happened and not making excuses but abuse can happen anyway but to cover it up, is just disgusting.

It's what happens when people get too far up their own asses about how "holy" they are.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2009/03/pastor-gets-caught-lying-for-jesus/


That is so true. The holy than thou attitude is very telling.......,,

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I agree entirely, the mormons, the Jw's and catholics all did the same, it is bad enough that it happened and not making excuses but abuse can happen anyway but to cover it up, is just disgusting.

It's what happens when people get too far up their own asses about how "holy" they are.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2009/03/pastor-gets-caught-lying-for-jesus/

that's true if they feel they have a reputation to protect trouble starts, the best thing they could have done is dealt with it legally.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I agree entirely, the mormons, the Jw's and catholics all did the same, it is bad enough that it happened and not making excuses but abuse can happen anyway but to cover it up, is just disgusting.

It's what happens when people get too far up their own asses about how "holy" they are.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2009/03/pastor-gets-caught-lying-for-jesus/

Couldnt have put it better

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:51 am

Beekeeper wrote:
Guest wrote:
the UK went through the same thing with muslim paedophile rings.

 affraid  

BigAndy's produced a Poltergeist through all his yapping on foreigners and muslims !

That would be a member who made this site better by leaving :D

It's like the old saying, everyone can make people happy -- either by entering the room or by leaving it.

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26412
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ' Empty Re: Christian University Told Rape Victims to Keep Quiet Because Accusations 'Hurt Jesus Christ'

Post by SEXY MAMA on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:
 affraid  

BigAndy's produced a Poltergeist through all his yapping on foreigners and muslims !

That would be a member who made this site better by leaving :D

It's like the old saying, everyone can make people happy -- either by entering the room or by leaving it.

100% Agree.

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 3072
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum