Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Oglala Lakota drummer John SwiftBird says he often sings traditional pow wow songs and the women were likely intoxicated

A video has surfaced on Facebook in which four women appear to be dancing in a mocking way at an Oglala Lakota street performer and traditional drummer John Swiftbird.

The video was posted to Facebook by Steve Wilkerson, a man who was visiting the Santa Fe area at the time of the incident. His posted video has received thousands of views and hundreds of comments. He also gave the video to the Santa Fe New Mexican, which posted the video to YouTube.

After initial interactions of the women -- who are wearing cowboy hats -- the man recording the video says "You should be embarrassed." The women begin to walk away and some cover their faces with their hats. He also asks the women for their names, which they do not give.

One of the women says "I'm gonna f---n kill you. Kill your mother."

The person filming asks if the women are racists, which they deny. He also films their license plate.

The plate and faces have been blocked by the Santa Fe New Mexican on the video that has been uploaded to their channel.

On the Santa Fe news channel KRQE, Swiftbird says he was singing traditional Lakota powwow songs when the women approached. "Some group of young women who were dressed in the same attire were kind of intoxicated jumping up and down to the songs I was singing, making mockery sounds."





https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/news/video-shows-tourists-mocking-native-drummer-in-santa-fe-U4apz0sjTkeB-EkhrchaFA/

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Texas cops would come with lethal force, if you told them he was a black.  Otherwise, they wouldn't give a sheet.

New Mexico Dispatch:  What is he doing?

Georgians: He's following us.

Dispatch:  Um, has he touched anyone or threatened harm in any way?

Georgians:  No, he's just following us and saying something.

Dispatch:  What is he saying?

Georgians:  He's saying we shouldn't harass some Indian.

Dispatch:  You were harassing an Indian?

Georgians:  Never mind...my battery is low.

New Mexico is a blue state, not Texas.  They don't knee-jerk for rednecks.  Like California, they try to resolve things in an orderly manner.

You don't follow women dude. It's creepy.


Only if you're in a redneck state. New Mexico, like California, Oregon or Washington, doesn't jump to conclusions. You are doing the same thing that Raggs was doing, trying to lay this off as some sexual pervert. There's nothing sexual about it.

Responsible police agencies don't jump to such conclusions. They listen for facts. They try to get both sides.

As soon as the Georgian girls let go of what they were doing, they would get a cop all right...to lecture them on how to be civilized. They might also get hauled in for being drunk in public. Rolling Eyes

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Maddog on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You don't follow women dude. It's creepy.


Only if you're in a redneck state.  New Mexico, like California, Oregon or Washington, doesn't jump to conclusions.  You are doing the same thing that Raggs was doing, trying to lay this off as some sexual pervert.  There's nothing sexual about it.

Responsible police agencies don't jump to such conclusions.  They listen for facts.  They try to get both sides.

As soon as the Georgian girls let go of what they were doing, they would get a cop all right...to lecture them on how to be civilized.  They might also get hauled in for being drunk in public.  Rolling Eyes

Let me repeat this, as a father of 3 daughters.

You don't follow women dude. It's creepy.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 3798
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You don't follow women dude. It's creepy.


Only if you're in a redneck state.  New Mexico, like California, Oregon or Washington, doesn't jump to conclusions.  You are doing the same thing that Raggs was doing, trying to lay this off as some sexual pervert.  There's nothing sexual about it.

Responsible police agencies don't jump to such conclusions.  They listen for facts.  They try to get both sides.

As soon as the Georgian girls let go of what they were doing, they would get a cop all right...to lecture them on how to be civilized.  They might also get hauled in for being drunk in public.  Rolling Eyes

I didn't say, or imply, that he was a sexual pervert. You just made that up.

You're also assuming they were drunk with no evidence at all.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You don't follow women dude. It's creepy.


Only if you're in a redneck state.  New Mexico, like California, Oregon or Washington, doesn't jump to conclusions.  You are doing the same thing that Raggs was doing, trying to lay this off as some sexual pervert.  There's nothing sexual about it.

Responsible police agencies don't jump to such conclusions.  They listen for facts.  They try to get both sides.

As soon as the Georgian girls let go of what they were doing, they would get a cop all right...to lecture them on how to be civilized.  They might also get hauled in for being drunk in public.  Rolling Eyes

I didn't say, or imply, that he was a sexual pervert. You just made that up.

You're also assuming they were drunk with no evidence at all.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Syl on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:I just watched the video. The women were stupid and disrespectful, the man videoed them.. they walked off. He had no need to make a huge drama out of it by following them, shouting after them, and  videoing them and their vehicle.
He went too far. I imagine if the police had gotten involved it would be him who would get a warning.

If this guy had just told the women off, or just questioned them once, they would have just feigned innocence & ignored him completely & walked away. A non story. He wanted a story. He had a point to prove. 


To get to the stage where they guiltily concealed their embarassed faces, took a bit of  'following' and  persistent questioning, there was no other way.


The 'stalking' involved here was not of a sexual nature, he wasn't harassing random tiny girls, he was trying to shame grown women for whom casual disrespect towards natives is clearly a routine activity.

He got his story. 

He got his 5 minutes do you mean?
Stalking and harassing doesn't have to be of a sexual nature to be scary. And I dont see how the size or age of a female should come into the equation, big old women can be victims too.  Laughing

Watching the video all I see are 4 stupid women acting like fools....they quickly moved on when they realised the man was videoing them. It should have ended there.
But if he was so incensed, (apparently far more than the street musician was) he could have rung the police, taken their car number and reported them...far better to do that than follow them with his video camera, shouting after them and generally being a bigger pain in the arse than the stupid women .

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 17824
Join date : 2015-11-13
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:24 am

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

If this guy had just told the women off, or just questioned them once, they would have just feigned innocence & ignored him completely & walked away. A non story. He wanted a story. He had a point to prove. 


To get to the stage where they guiltily concealed their embarassed faces, took a bit of  'following' and  persistent questioning, there was no other way.


The 'stalking' involved here was not of a sexual nature, he wasn't harassing random tiny girls, he was trying to shame grown women for whom casual disrespect towards natives is clearly a routine activity.

He got his story. 

He got his 5 minutes do you mean?
Stalking and harassing doesn't have to be of a sexual nature to be scary. And I dont see how the size or age of a female should come into the equation, big old women can be victims too.  Laughing

Watching the video all I see are 4 stupid women acting like fools....they quickly moved on when they realised the man was videoing them. It should have ended there.
But if he was so incensed, (apparently far more than the street musician was) he could have rung the police, taken their car number and reported them...far better to do that than follow them with his video camera, shouting after them and generally being a bigger pain in the arse than the stupid women .

He's a hero. lol!

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 3798
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Only if you're in a redneck state.  New Mexico, like California, Oregon or Washington, doesn't jump to conclusions.  You are doing the same thing that Raggs was doing, trying to lay this off as some sexual pervert.  There's nothing sexual about it.

Responsible police agencies don't jump to such conclusions.  They listen for facts.  They try to get both sides.

As soon as the Georgian girls let go of what they were doing, they would get a cop all right...to lecture them on how to be civilized.  They might also get hauled in for being drunk in public.  Rolling Eyes

I didn't say, or imply, that he was a sexual pervert. You just made that up.

What else is there? Is being a guy and walking down the street now a status crime? You've either got to paint the action with a sexual motive, or you've got nothing. Sex is the only motive we, as a society, take for granted.

What's more, I didn't hear the Georgians say go away, or give any indication that he was a bother, let alone a threat. In order to establish a breach, they are going to have to prove they made it known he was unwanted. Even then, you've still got to find a law. After all, it's a free country.

Ragamuffin wrote:You're also assuming they were drunk with no evidence at all.

I said 'might'. An officer, once he gets on-scene, might find the Georgians exhibit evidence of intoxication, and take them in for testing.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:03 am

Syl wrote:But if he was so incensed, (apparently far more than the street musician was) he could have rung the police, taken their car number and reported them...far better to do that than follow them with his video camera, shouting after them and generally being a bigger pain in the arse than the stupid women

But Syl, nor were the Georgians doing anything illegal. The issue is not legality, just morality. The Georgians were being rude and ethno-insulting, and the young man was calling them up for it. There was no breach of law on either side.

The behavior of the Georgians is classic ugly-Americanism, which typically comes from southerners. That's why I mention that.

But even so, in any culture it's rude bigotry. The young man was calling them up for that, which is his constitutional right. But that's not to say that the women were doing anything illegal. They were just offensive in public. It's totally a civil matter.


_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:04 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

He got his 5 minutes do you mean?
Stalking and harassing doesn't have to be of a sexual nature to be scary. And I dont see how the size or age of a female should come into the equation, big old women can be victims too.  Laughing

Watching the video all I see are 4 stupid women acting like fools....they quickly moved on when they realised the man was videoing them. It should have ended there.
But if he was so incensed, (apparently far more than the street musician was) he could have rung the police, taken their car number and reported them...far better to do that than follow them with his video camera, shouting after them and generally being a bigger pain in the arse than the stupid women .

He's a hero.  lol!

He is to the victim and his wife


John SwiftBird, the singer, said he felt disrespected as three of four women in a group “bounced up and down” and made monkey noises just in front of him for about two minutes.

“There was a lot of subtleties in their racial prejudice,” said SwiftBird, who is Lakota Sioux.


So how astute I am for again being right. They were make ape noises, which if the victim had of been black

This would now be on every major news outlet

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:05 am

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I didn't say, or imply, that he was a sexual pervert. You just made that up.

What else is there?  Is being a guy and walking down the street now a status crime?  You've either got to paint the action with a sexual motive, or you've got nothing.  Sex is the only motive we, as a society, take for granted.

What's more, I didn't hear the Georgians say go away, or give any indication that he was a bother, let alone a threat.  In order to establish a breach, they are going to have to prove they made it known he was unwanted.  Even then, you've still got to find a law.  After all, it's a free country.

Ragamuffin wrote:You're also assuming they were drunk with no evidence at all.

I said 'might'.  An officer, once he gets on-scene, might find the Georgians exhibit evidence of intoxication, and take them in for testing.

What do you mean - what else is there? He followed them to harass them, not to make sexual advances. I never suggested he wanted to make sexual advances to them.

I also didn't say that they should make a complaint about him.

Why would an officer assume they were drunk? Perhaps an officer would also test the guy who followed them as it's not really a normal thing to do.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 am

So confronting racists asking them questions and telling them, they are embarressed, is now harrasment?

You have to continue to laugh how the racists are deemed as victims here

Astounding

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

He's a hero.  lol!

He is to the victim and his wife


John SwiftBird, the singer, said he felt disrespected as three of four women in a group “bounced up and down” and made monkey noises just in front of him for about two minutes.

“There was a lot of subtleties in their racial prejudice,” said SwiftBird, who is Lakota Sioux.


So how astute I am for again being right. They were make ape noises, which if the victim had of been black

This would now be on every major news outlet

Monkeys aren't apes.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:22 am

Raggamuffin wrote:What do you mean - what else is there? He followed them to harass them, not to make sexual advances. I never suggested he wanted to make sexual advances to them.

I also didn't say that they should make a complaint about him.

Well, if you didn’t suggest illegality, then my points are not for you.  To those who see some illegality or allege he was stalking: You simply don't understand America.  There is a US Constitution, and the young man was exercising his Constitutional First Amendment right to be in a public place and speak freely.  If you can't find some illegal motive to attach to his actions, it's a free country.

Raggamuffin wrote:Why would an officer assume they were drunk? Perhaps an officer would also test the guy who followed them as it's not really a normal thing to do.

Well, the officer might find the evidence in the behavior of the Georgians.  I never said s/he (police officer) would assume anything.  But as a witness to the video, I see indications of intoxication...perhaps the officer might as well.  That's all I'm suggesting.


Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

He is to the victim and his wife



So how astute I am for again being right. They were make ape noises, which if the victim had of been black

This would now be on every major news outlet

Monkeys aren't apes.

lol, so a so something similar to apes, monkeys

I was on the right track and to me their sounds did sound like apes

Its clear they were mocking, but being as you have been shown up again and only can get pendantic

Are you going to condemn the women?

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:24 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Monkeys aren't apes.

lol, so a so something similar to apes, monkeys

I was on the right track and to me their sounds did sound like apes

Its clear they were mocking, but being as you have been shown up again and only can get pendantic

Are you going to condemn the women?

I told you early on, I can't see what they were doing. I did hear one of them say - give him something, which I think meant money.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:26 am

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What do you mean - what else is there? He followed them to harass them, not to make sexual advances. I never suggested he wanted to make sexual advances to them.

I also didn't say that they should make a complaint about him.

Well, if you didn’t suggest illegality, then my points are not for you.  To those who see some illegality or allege he was stalking: You simply don't understand America.  There is a US Constitution, and the young man was exercising his Constitutional First Amendment right to be in a public place and speak freely.  If you can't find some illegal motive to attach to his actions, it's a free country.

Raggamuffin wrote:Why would an officer assume they were drunk? Perhaps an officer would also test the guy who followed them as it's not really a normal thing to do.

Well, the officer might find the evidence in the behavior of the Georgians.  I never said s/he (police officer) would assume anything.  But as a witness to the video, I see indications of intoxication...perhaps the officer might as well.  That's all I'm suggesting.

I'm also free to call him a jerk, and to say that he went OTT by following them, asking for their names, and circling their car.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

lol, so a so something similar to apes, monkeys

I was on the right track and to me their sounds did sound like apes

Its clear they were mocking, but being as you have been shown up again and only can get pendantic

Are you going to condemn the women?

I told you early on, I can't see what they were doing. I did hear one of them say - give him something, which I think meant money.

Well you have the witness further expand on what they were doing and what I clearly heard they were doing and yet you still refuse to condemn racists

Exposed

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:28 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I told you early on, I can't see what they were doing. I did hear one of them say - give him something, which I think meant money.

Well you have the witness further expand on  what they were doing and what I clearly heard they were doing and yet you still refuse to condemn racists

Exposed

What witness? I rely on what I see and hear, not what someone else says.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:29 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Well you have the witness further expand on  what they were doing and what I clearly heard they were doing and yet you still refuse to condemn racists

Exposed

What witness? I rely on what I see and hear, not what someone else says.

Well you seem to be the only one claiming not to hear

Quell surprise, which I thinkj is a load of bollocks on your part

Conclusion

Racist

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:29 am

Oh as to the witness, the native American Indian himself

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

What witness? I rely on what I see and hear, not what someone else says.

Well you seem to be the only one claiming not to hear

Quell surprise, which I thinkj is a load of bollocks on your part

Conclusion

Racist

I told you before - your conclusions are illogical.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:31 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Well you seem to be the only one claiming not to hear

Quell surprise, which I thinkj is a load of bollocks on your part

Conclusion

Racist

I told you before - your conclusions are illogical.

They are very logical as yet again you dont believe a native American Indian

https://www.abqjournal.com/1275975/santa-fe-plaza-encounter-spurs-charges-of-racism.html

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:33 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I told you before - your conclusions are illogical.

They are very logical as yet again you dont believe a native American Indian

https://www.abqjournal.com/1275975/santa-fe-plaza-encounter-spurs-charges-of-racism.html

Can't see that - it's blocked by an advert.

So if I didn't believe what a particular white person said, would that make me racist against white people?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:35 am



https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nzQqTwyDveI

I mean Rags can clearly her one saying "give him something" at 9 seconds which she interprets as money, based on no evidence, but fails to hear they making mocking monkey noises or threatening to kill him and his mother at 45 seconds

Must have some strange hearing there Rags, that you seem to go deaf at the important parts


Last edited by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:35 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Only if you're in a redneck state.  New Mexico, like California, Oregon or Washington, doesn't jump to conclusions.  You are doing the same thing that Raggs was doing, trying to lay this off as some sexual pervert.  There's nothing sexual about it.

Responsible police agencies don't jump to such conclusions.  They listen for facts.  They try to get both sides.

As soon as the Georgian girls let go of what they were doing, they would get a cop all right...to lecture them on how to be civilized.  They might also get hauled in for being drunk in public.  Rolling Eyes

Let me repeat this, as a father of 3 daughters.

You don't follow women dude. It's creepy.

On what authority? At the risk of being abrupt, in my opinion you are just another southern bigot who is used to doing things extra-legally...particularly to people of color. I admit, the young man didn't appear to be that, but he was speaking on behalf of the Native American who is. That’s what determines your position on this issue.

You don't imbue your actions with any more legality because you are the father of daughters. I also have daughters, and I don't see the need to take extra-legal action on their behalf.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:36 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I told you before - your conclusions are illogical.

They are very logical as yet again you dont believe a native American Indian

https://www.abqjournal.com/1275975/santa-fe-plaza-encounter-spurs-charges-of-racism.html

They should be arrested for illegal impersonations of native dancers.

Can't have such nonsense in the land of the free. tongue

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 3798
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:37 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

They are very logical as yet again you dont believe a native American Indian

https://www.abqjournal.com/1275975/santa-fe-plaza-encounter-spurs-charges-of-racism.html

They should be arrested for illegal impersonations of native dancers.

Can't have such nonsense in the land of the free. tongue


Or have a party of Souix hunt them down and scalp their handbags and purses, to teach them that racism is wrong

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:39 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

They should be arrested for illegal impersonations of native dancers.

Can't have such nonsense in the land of the free. tongue


Or have a party of Souix hunt them down and scalp their handbags and purses, to teach them that racism is wrong

No such thing.

We are all the same race. Human. tongue

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 3798
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Original Quill on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:40 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, if you didn’t suggest illegality, then my points are not for you.  To those who see some illegality or allege he was stalking: You simply don't understand America.  There is a US Constitution, and the young man was exercising his Constitutional First Amendment right to be in a public place and speak freely.  If you can't find some illegal motive to attach to his actions, it's a free country.



Well, the officer might find the evidence in the behavior of the Georgians.  I never said s/he (police officer) would assume anything.  But as a witness to the video, I see indications of intoxication...perhaps the officer might as well.  That's all I'm suggesting.

I'm also free to call him a jerk, and to say that he went OTT by following them, asking for their names, and circling their car.

Your opinion is allowed, and you are free to state it.

Obviously, I disagree.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 27158
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:40 am

Thor wrote:
co
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nzQqTwyDveI

I mean Rags can clearly her one saying "give him something" at 9 seconds which she interprets as money, based on no evidence, but fails to hear they making mocking monkey noises or threatening to kill him and his mother at 45 seconds

Must have some strange hearing there Rags, that you seem to go deaf at the important parts

Can't see that - my browser doesn't recognise the format.

Perhaps it's a question of tone. I did lose some hearing for a while after I was in hospital last year.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:42 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:


Or have a party of Souix hunt them down and scalp their handbags and purses, to teach them that racism is wrong

No such thing.

We are all the same race. Human. tongue  


Oh racism exists, that is certainly a fact

We are all one human race and they never treated him as the same human race did they

In fact they treated him, as if he was a moneky

Wanna try again?

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:43 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:
co
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nzQqTwyDveI

I mean Rags can clearly her one saying "give him something" at 9 seconds which she interprets as money, based on no evidence, but fails to hear they making mocking monkey noises or threatening to kill him and his mother at 45 seconds

Must have some strange hearing there Rags, that you seem to go deaf at the important parts

Can't see that - my browser doesn't recognise the format.

Perhaps it's a question of tone. I did lose some hearing for a while after I was in hospital last year.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nzQqTwyDveI


Yet you can clearly hear one say "give him something" but not prior to this monkey noises?


Or threaten to kill him?


I seriously dont believe you

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:44 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No such thing.

We are all the same race. Human. tongue  


Oh racism exists, that is certainly a fact

We are all one human race and they never treated him as the same human race did they

In fact they treated him, as if he was a moneky

Wanna try again?


No such thing.

We are all the same race. Human tongue

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 3798
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:45 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Can't see that - my browser doesn't recognise the format.

Perhaps it's a question of tone. I did lose some hearing for a while after I was in hospital last year.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nzQqTwyDveI


Yet you can clearly hear one say "give him something" but not prior to this monkey noises?


Or threaten to kill him?


I seriously dont believe you

Are you calling me a liar?

You racist!!!!!!

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:49 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:


Oh racism exists, that is certainly a fact

We are all one human race and they never treated him as the same human race did they

In fact they treated him, as if he was a moneky

Wanna try again?


No such thing.

We are all the same race. Human tongue

Racism exists, because people invented racial differences

But they never treated him as the human race, but as a monkey

Wanna try again


Last edited by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=nzQqTwyDveI


Yet you can clearly hear one say "give him something" but not prior to this monkey noises?


Or threaten to kill him?


I seriously dont believe you

Are you calling me a liar?

You racist!!!!!!

Yes you are a liar

How is that racist?

lol!

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:


No such thing.

We are all the same race. Human tongue

Racism exists, because people invented racial differences

But they never treated him as the human race, but as a monkey

Wanna try again

They did a poor imitation of his street performance.

I give it a 3 on a scale of 1-10, but I'm not really an expert on native American street dancers, as I've never seen one.

Which leads me to another question. Why was he dancing on the street? Was he looking for donations?

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 3798
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Racism exists, because people invented racial differences

But they never treated him as the human race, but as a monkey

Wanna try again

They did a poor imitation of his street performance.

I give it a 3 on a scale of 1-10, but I'm not really an expert on native American street dancers, as I've never seen one.

Which leads me to another question. Why was he dancing on the street? Was he looking for donations?  

Absolute bullshit did they mock his performance

Your racial subconscious is coming out again

They made monkey noises at him

The man was sitting down, are you blind as well as inventing anything to allow racists to get away from being responsible for their actions?

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:10 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Are you calling me a liar?

You racist!!!!!!

Yes you are a liar

How is that racist?

lol!

You've implied several times that if I don't believe a native American I must be racist, so you must be racist if you don't believe me. It's 'cos I'm white innit?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:12 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Racism exists, because people invented racial differences

But they never treated him as the human race, but as a monkey

Wanna try again

They did a poor imitation of his street performance.

I give it a 3 on a scale of 1-10, but I'm not really an expert on native American street dancers, as I've never seen one.

Which leads me to another question. Why was he dancing on the street? Was he looking for donations?  

We don't see much of him, but he wasn't dancing. He did have an open bag in front of him so he was busking for money.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Yes you are a liar

How is that racist?

lol!

You've implied several times that if I don't believe a native American I must be racist, so you must be racist if you don't believe me. It's 'cos I'm white innit?

Well I gave his evidence, so why do you not believe him?

His evidence matches what the video shows

The women making monkey noices, which you claim sudden deafness to this part

You have also failed to condemn the women and instead make out they are victims

Never mentioned your skin colour, your words not mine

What else can anyone draw to your actions on this event?


Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You've implied several times that if I don't believe a native American I must be racist, so you must be racist if you don't believe me. It's 'cos I'm white innit?

Well I gave his evidence, so why do you not believe him?

His evidence matches what the video shows

The women making monkey noices, which you claim sudden deafness to this part

You have also failed to condemn the women and instead make out they are victims

What else can anyone draw to your actions on this event?

I didn't say I didn't believe him. If they were making monkey noises perhaps it was because of the drum - jungle drums?

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:18 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Well I gave his evidence, so why do you not believe him?

His evidence matches what the video shows

The women making monkey noices, which you claim sudden deafness to this part

You have also failed to condemn the women and instead make out they are victims

What else can anyone draw to your actions on this event?

I didn't say I didn't believe him. If they were making monkey noises perhaps it was because of the drum - jungle drums?

And now American Native American Indians live in jungles do they?

How also has drums got to do with monkey noises or the jungle?

Some of the worst racist sterotypes you are coming out with now

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I didn't say I didn't believe him. If they were making monkey noises perhaps it was because of the drum - jungle drums?

And now American Native American Indians live in jungles do they?

How also has drums got to do with monkey noises or the jungle?

Some of the worst racist sterotypes you are coming out with now

You never heard of jungle drums?

I suppose you're going to accuse Toni Basil of being racist in this video.


_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:23 am

Yes i have heard of the song.

So what has that got to do with a native American Indian singing a song and they making monkey noises?

Now you really are scraping the barrel lol

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Raggamuffin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:30 am

Thor wrote:Yes i have heard of the song.

So what has that got to do with a native American Indian singing a song and they making monkey noises?

Now you really are scraping the barrel lol

He was also banging his drum.




_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 32371
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

They did a poor imitation of his street performance.

I give it a 3 on a scale of 1-10, but I'm not really an expert on native American street dancers, as I've never seen one.

Which leads me to another question. Why was he dancing on the street? Was he looking for donations?  

Absolute bullshit did they mock his performance

Your racial subconscious is coming out again

They made monkey noises at him

The man was sitting down, are you blind as well as inventing anything to allow racists to get away from being responsible for their actions?

I can't have a racial subconscious, if there are no races.

Now I'm pretty sure there are still sexes.

Are you sexist?

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 3798
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:Yes i have heard of the song.

So what has that got to do with a native American Indian singing a song and they making monkey noises?

Now you really are scraping the barrel lol

He was also banging his drum.




Many songs have drums playing in songs

This is a song from 1981, which was never released as a single, but as part of the album "word of Mouth" and you think these young women have this album?



Like i said, talk about scraping the barrel, they never even sang words to the song but made monkey noises at him

So your reasoning has to go down as one your dumbest and yet again excusing racist people

You then wonder why I draw a conclusiuon to your racism


Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Maddog on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:34 am

"A video has surfaced on Facebook in which four women appear to be dancing in a mocking way at an Oglala Lakota street performer and traditional drummer John Swiftbird."

Not my link. I just read them.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 3798
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Video shows tourists mocking Native drummer in Santa Fe

Post by Thor on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:35 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Absolute bullshit did they mock his performance

Your racial subconscious is coming out again

They made monkey noises at him

The man was sitting down, are you blind as well as inventing anything to allow racists to get away from being responsible for their actions?

I can't have a racial subconscious, if there are no races.

Now I'm pretty sure there are still sexes.

Are you sexist?

You can, when you told me, you are from the white race

This is what you told me and thus you believe there is racial groups

Which is what society does use today

So you have been brought up to view people differently racially

Hence a racial subconscious bias

Imagine if you had been brought up to view humans as once race?

Imagine these women had?

They might have not acted like the skanks that they were

Thor

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2018-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum