Popads notice

Go down

Popads notice

Post by Original Quill on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 pm

What is this popads.net notice I'm getting everytime I try to navigate around newsfix?

How to get rid of it?

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Popads notice

Post by eddie on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:14 pm

It’s getting on my nerves too. Ben tried something different and it’s full of glitches.
It’s not as bad on a PC as it is a tablet.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Thanks for responding. I think it has to do with ad-blocking. Maybe forumotion has an answer.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:55 pm

I tried to post about this, but I gave up because I couldn't close the shit fast enough to post!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 pm

try clearing cache and cookies

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:41 am

It cleared up soon as eds came on.  Ben musta undone what he did.

Thx for the suggestion Vic.

Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:50 am

Idea

An adbot last night  (the rogue adbot is named something like "boostadv.com")  was infesting threads with malware that was freezing up screens when you tried to delete it...

I stopped it on my tablet by updating and reloading adblockers.

By it's timing and where I first noticed it, I suspect it sneaked across from one of Didge's, or Maddog's,  beloved far-right-wing shitpits (not that Didge would have known anything about it --  it just happened to be the thread where I first encountered it..).

The   companies running those "adbots" are getting too fucking smart for their own good --  implanting malicious sub'routines into their parasite apps , that tries to force it way onto your system,  locking things up if you don't comply with their petty criminal standover demands..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvertising

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:32 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Idea

An adbot last night  (the rogue adbot is named something like "boostadv.com")  was infesting threads with malware that was freezing up screens when you tried to delete it...

I stopped it on my tablet by updating and reloading adblockers.

By it's timing and where I first noticed it, I suspect it sneaked across from one of Didge's, or Maddog's,  beloved far-right-wing shitpits (not that Didge would have known anything about it --  it just happened to be the thread where I first encountered it..).

The   companies running those "adbots" are getting too fucking smart for their own good --  implanting malicious sub'routines into their parasite apps , that tries to force it way onto your system,  locking things up if you don't comply with their petty criminal standover demands..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvertising
I dont post from far right shitpits.  

Would you like to name one that I have posted from?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:36 pm

nicko wrote:Nothing to do with the thread, but can someone , Ben, perhaps, tell me why i'v got bloody Pop Ups all over this Forum and nowhere else ? Tried to contact a mod as told , can't get through for whole pages now of bloody adverts !

I've taken you remarks over here, nicko.  Yes, yes...there are popups all over the place this morning.  Can someone post instructions for eliminating them...or at least, switching on the blocking function.  Veya?

Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:What is this popads.net notice I'm getting everytime I try to navigate around newsfix?

How to get rid of it?
Same here.
I get the same ad on every single page - I'm being harassed nonstop with iphone ads.

They can stick their iphones up their ileum. Twisted Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Same here, only on Newsfix, come on Ben and Fix IT !
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down