Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:03 am

First topic message reminder :

I left the very good speakfree because a moderator named "TheToryScum" deleted 2 threads where I labelled some convicted foreign criminals "scum".


He said the word was unnecessary and vulgar.

The second time he did it I immediately left - I felt there was nothing wrong with labelling such disgusting individuals scum and felt the reason he didn't like it was because they were foreign.

If you can't post the truth on a forum, what's the point? If you are challenged - nothing wrong with that, but moderators going behind your back changing posts and threads is just pointless.

Please discuss.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:Well, as I said, the metaphysics have been overworked and twisted to mean anything.  In particular, the Roman Church held the movement hostage for 1,500 years.  They even censored the Bible.  Where is the gospel of James?  Of Mary the Magdalen?

No, I'm asking you to focus on the very simple man and his teachings.  When you do, the overwhelming message is humanism.  It's the message caught by Gandhi and by Mother Teresa, not Emperor Constantine and the Council of Nicaea.


I agree on the many works, most of all the Gospel of Thomas, clearly to me one that was surely overlooked and seen by some as the most legitimate of his true sayings.

I am looking at his sayings something I had to over indulge at in my school days being raised a Catholic Quill and not all what he taught was humanism, in fact his views towards his mother and siblings was poor to say the least and to how he was also selective in those who could follow with him within his journey, that is prejudice, not real humanism. His message has many great aspects to admire but he also had flaws and by flaws I am talking about seeing him as a human here as I have done for many years and also see him as a good teacher, but this teacher did have flaws.

Again it has always been seen in nature that individuals have inbuilt morality which you do not need others to inspire you to do such deeds, kindness and good deeds come from within, which I have witnessed those with little or no knowledge of Jesus in my travels, how did they come to be like this? It is because we all have the capacity to do good if we so wish to, by reading and inspiring to be like Jesus is in itself also flawed because you are seeking and inspiring to be what he was and not yourself. Thus you lose the ability to judge on this for yourself and instead base your boundaries around what he taught. I think his message was one of goodness, but is not something I am really that inspired about, because from within me I see also he looked at others with a prejudice view at times. He also speaks of judgement onto others for things and deeds they do, that is thus is not inspirational with those view points but again if you follow that you follow his views and concepts, thus not your own.

Now ask yourself are you inspired by him or yourself?
Because it is you that has obtained where you are through hard work and the goals and standards you set for yourself Quill, something I admire greatly about you, and I do not think they come from any teachings of Jesus, but from within yourself and they are very commendable

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Original Quill on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Wel, thank you Didge.  As I get older, I believe that that special something inside is simply energy...and a willingness to say yes, where others say no.  Perhaps that is the same thing.

I don't think you need political or social theorists to reinvent mankind, s/he is already there.  But I think the ideas they offer are both connective and elective.  Those ideas do connect to something within; perhaps that is the "inbuilt morality" of which you speak; but doesn't that need a bit of instructing and stretching?

That is the elective part.  I think the theorists--among them, Christ, Plato, Aristotle, Luther, Galileo, da Vinci, Hobbes, Locke, Kant, Rousseau, Montesque, Hegel and Karl Marx, and on and on down to Dewey and Adler--constitute a continuing dialogue that informs and guides us along the way.  Each of them have something new to discover--or, perhaps, uncover--for us.  The difference between 'discover' and 'uncover' depends on whether your view of the world is deterministic or more-or-less free-floating.

Which brings us to your question.  Is the world and its destiny predetermined?  Or is it invented by us, as we go along?  The former is religion, among other things, and the latter is more human-centered--it just is, as the existentialists would say.  I'm still a bit troubled by whether I am infused with a spirit, or am I just a bundle of experiences and memories thereof(?).  If a spirit, what is it(?)--and to perhaps answer that question is to merely create the next question.

But for now, I leave that to another generation.  I choose to work on a narrower portion of the issue: political ideas, and particularly contemporary political ideas.  I have a doctorate in the history of political ideas, all of which was in preparation for working on where we are today: freedom unquestioned, democracy almost a given, equality unfolding.  Or, something like that (there are a host of sub-issues).

I think Thomas Kuhn's theory (The Structure of Scientific Revolutions) best describes the evolution of political ideas, and ideals for me.  Or, Wittgenstein...history may not be predetermined by some internal plan, but given any plan, there is a logical necessity to go in a certain direction.  Kuhn's idea is that a theory aptly defines some evolved phenomenon, save that at each stage of evolution of that theory there is a kind of roughness at the edges.  On the premise that no theory is perfect in it's inception, Kuhn says the theory has what he calls 'anomalies' that eventually are the undoing of that theory...not the complete undoing, mind you, but the seed for the next great ideological revolution.

Take the US, for example.  One might argue that the great founding principle of the US was equality: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men were created equal..."  But there was a huge problem--an anomaly--in that the US was the greatest slaving-holding nation on earth.  More than that, neither women nor non-landholding free citizens were permitted to vote.  What could be farther from equality?  So one history of the US has been the undoing and fixing, so to speak, of this anomaly.

Writ large, I believe this is how social, economic and political theories progress.  And I believe Christ was significant because he started the dialogue on what it means to be human, in a social setting.  He was guided by the golden rule, and its many permutations in the real world.  We have readily available in the world, for example, the capacity for worldwide health, yet some are bothered by an economic system that does not permit easy distribution of health.  Isn't that a human problem; and isn't the hindrance of it--Smithsonian economics--also human-made?  And doesn't Christ tell us that there is a way out of that dilemma?  In many ways, I think Christian charity is a misnomer; it should be Christian obligation.  Christ taught us what it means to be human.

Well, I've talked enough.  As andy would say, Please Discuss.  Lol.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25924
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:18 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I left the very good speakfree because a moderator named "TheToryScum" deleted 2 threads where I labelled some convicted foreign criminals "scum".


He said the word was unnecessary and vulgar.

The second time he did it I immediately left - I felt there was nothing wrong with labelling such disgusting individuals scum and felt the reason he didn't like it was because they were foreign.

If you can't post the truth on a forum, what's the point? If you are challenged - nothing wrong with that, but moderators going behind your back changing posts and threads is just pointless.

Please discuss.

bump

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:19 pm

lovedust wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I left the very good speakfree because a moderator named "TheToryScum" deleted 2 threads where I labelled some convicted foreign criminals "scum".


He said the word was unnecessary and vulgar.

The second time he did it I immediately left - I felt there was nothing wrong with labelling such disgusting individuals scum and felt the reason he didn't like it was because they were foreign.

If you can't post the truth on a forum, what's the point?  If you are challenged - nothing wrong with that, but moderators going behind your back changing posts and threads is just pointless.

Please discuss.

bump


Here's a plaster.


 Smile 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:23 pm

lovedust wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I left the very good speakfree because a moderator named "TheToryScum" deleted 2 threads where I labelled some convicted foreign criminals "scum".


He said the word was unnecessary and vulgar.

The second time he did it I immediately left - I felt there was nothing wrong with labelling such disgusting individuals scum and felt the reason he didn't like it was because they were foreign.

If you can't post the truth on a forum, what's the point?  If you are challenged - nothing wrong with that, but moderators going behind your back changing posts and threads is just pointless.

Please discuss.

bump

Why have you bumped this old thread LD?  :\\:[: 

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:27 pm

sphinx wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I left the very good speakfree because a moderator named "TheToryScum" deleted 2 threads where I labelled some convicted foreign criminals "scum".


He said the word was unnecessary and vulgar.

The second time he did it I immediately left - I felt there was nothing wrong with labelling such disgusting individuals scum and felt the reason he didn't like it was because they were foreign.

If you can't post the truth on a forum, what's the point?  If you are challenged - nothing wrong with that, but moderators going behind your back changing posts and threads is just pointless.

Please discuss.

Andy why dont you have a crack at running your own forum and find out it is nowhere near as simple and easy as you think.

I have numerous spare ones over on ADO so why not put your money where your mouth is and find out for yourself?

I thought he did?

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24859
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Why on earth has lovedust bumped this thread ?
Because KD is back?  scratch 
Surely not

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Andy why dont you have a crack at running your own forum and find out it is nowhere near as simple and easy as you think.

I have numerous spare ones over on ADO so why not put your money where your mouth is and find out for yourself?

I thought he did?


Nah, never felt the need Benji.

I just rule wherever i post.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Nems wrote:Why on earth has lovedust bumped this thread ?
Because KD is back?  scratch 
Surely not

Because, good Nems, that Utter Tease Andynine still denies having sung the praises of Speakfree, despite calling it "very good" in this very thread!


Last edited by lovedust on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:58 pm

lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:19 pm

lovedust wrote:
Nems wrote:Why on earth has lovedust bumped this thread ?
Because KD is back?  scratch 
Surely not

Because, good Nems, that Utter Tease Andynine still denies having sung the praises of Speakfree, despite calling it "very good" in this very thread!

Sorry Lovedust I cant imagine how you think this helps anything.

I think it just has to be accepted that Andy is sometimes a naughty poster who takes the mickey.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Don't be sorry... What's your objection to this bumping exactly?


Last edited by lovedust on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:58 pm

I still don't see why the thread was bumped, even after several posts by you ld.

You haven't explained one little bit why it was bumped.

This episode has made you look rather strange.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:04 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I still don't see why the thread was bumped, even after several posts by you ld.

You haven't explained one little bit why it was bumped.

This episode has made you look rather strange.

Well. I'm devastated but I'll live. Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Irn Bru on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:26 am

BigAndy9 wrote:I still don't see why the thread was bumped, even after several posts by you ld.

You haven't explained one little bit why it was bumped.

This episode has made you look rather strange.

Well you started this thread in the first place Andy so you should be honoured that LD thought that the topic was worth a bump and another run out.

Laughing

_________________
The conservative feels safe and content only if he is assured that some higher wisdom watches and supervises change, only if he knows that some authority is charged with keeping the change "orderly.

Friedrich Hayek

In other words a bunch of cap-doffers and forelock tuggers.
avatar
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Posts : 7719
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : Edinburgh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:56 am

Irn Bru wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I still don't see why the thread was bumped, even after several posts by you ld.

You haven't explained one little bit why it was bumped.

This episode has made you look rather strange.

Well you started this thread in the first place Andy so you should be honoured that LD thought that the topic was worth a bump and another run out.

Laughing

I tell ya. I try to be all accommodating of Andy's demand I show him where he called Speakfree "very good" and do I get any thanks?

Do I?

Do I?

No. I just get blamed for bumping The Most Boring Thread in Christendom.

*sigh*

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:38 am

BigAndy9 wrote:I still don't see why the thread was bumped, even after several posts by you ld.

You haven't explained one little bit why it was bumped.

This episode has made you look rather strange.

Classic deflection, the reason she bumped this thread is abundantly clear.

You are quite full of shit, are you not? Passive-aggressive little twerp Smile

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24859
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:06 am


Laughing  BA's simply another brainless piece of Flopsom drifting aimlessly to-and-fro' across these forums...

HE will have probably insulted everybody on here before he's finished; and such weak and puerile little insults they are..

AS with sassy and her pet Gerbil down there in their overly misanthropic Misandrist/anti-Misogynist thread, some of those more feeble-minded people never have achieved the ability to insult and abuse others with a bit more originality and class, aplomb and decorum ~ along with Tess' and eddie's recent efforts, I believe this mob of boring old git's are vying for the recently vacated VDO/heavenlyfarter position as the forum's most glaring purveyors of pathetically unoriginal and juvenile insults.  cyclops 

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:44 am

Can anyone explain to me why it was bumped, because as far as I an see there is enough bad feeling on this forum without posts from February being brought up to fan the flames.

Its a chat forum people have a word with yourselves.
Bloody hell you would think Andy was the anti christ

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:46 am

Nems wrote:Can anyone explain to me why it was bumped, because as far as I an see there is enough bad feeling on this forum without posts from February being brought up to fan the flames.

Its a chat forum people have a word with yourselves.
Bloody hell you would think Andy was the anti christ

He's not talented enough to be that important, but the explanation is that he said he never had a good thing to say about SpeakFree in another thread, so LD was showing him up for it Smile

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24859
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:47 am

Oh, and he tried to make it out as though LD was "strange" for pointing out the hypocrisy. That's pretty base, if you ask me. But then, I've always thought of the passive-aggressive type who doesn't come straight out with their real beliefs as being base.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24859
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:54 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:Can anyone explain to me why it was bumped, because as far as I an see there is enough bad feeling on this forum without posts from February being brought up to fan the flames.

Its a chat forum people have a word with yourselves.
Bloody hell you would think Andy was the anti christ

He's not talented enough to be that important, but the explanation is that he said he never had a good thing to say about SpeakFree in another thread, so LD was showing him up for it Smile

But why though?
Arent you aware of how much this pissing up the back yard wall is making this place so horrible.
Why is it so important to be right? Why would you sit and look through posts to bring something months old up ? Truly I dont get it.
I thought Lovedust was above that sort of thing. Also you need to make up your mind whether going on about other forums is acceptable or not. Your opinion seems to change according to who it is.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:16 am

It's not about talking about old forums, it's about being a hypocrite. BA himself made the original post here, then tried to act as though he'd never said any such thing. I tolerate an awful lot here, but I will be god-damned if I'm going to still my tongue in the name of "letting somebody else be right" (which is bullshit in the first place) when they've made an outright hypocrite of themselves.

You want to be right? Fucking be right, then! You want to be a hypocrite, act like one. It is not at all complicated.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24859
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:17 am

By the way, what I just said was almost EXACTLY what BA was driving at when he posted this.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24859
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:25 am

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

He's not talented enough to be that important, but the explanation is that he said he never had a good thing to say about SpeakFree in another thread, so LD was showing him up for it Smile

But why though?
Arent you aware of how much this pissing up the back yard wall is making this place so horrible.
Why is it so important to be right? Why would you sit and look through posts to bring something months old up ? Truly I dont get it.
I thought Lovedust was above that sort of thing. Also you need to make up your mind whether going on about other forums is acceptable or not. Your opinion seems to change according to who it is.
Exactly Nems, which is why I don't bother posting here much any more; the replies to any posts are just personal bitching; forget actually discussing anything relevant...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:29 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Nems wrote:

But why though?
Arent you aware of how much this pissing up the back yard wall is making this place so horrible.
Why is it so important to be right? Why would you sit and look through posts to bring something months old up ? Truly I dont get it.
I thought Lovedust was above that sort of thing. Also you need to make up your mind whether going on about other forums is acceptable or not. Your opinion seems to change according to who it is.
Exactly Nems, which is why I don't bother posting here much any more; the replies to any posts are just personal bitching; forget actually discussing anything relevant...

It seems more and more feel the same Tess.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:39 am

OK, let's just ignore the perfectly logical reasoning behind all this so that we can be right, that's what's most important, after all.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24859
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:42 am

Some people just love a good debate and that people need to move on from the past and just debate.

All this about other posters and other forums, who cares, people have fallen out and made up countless times, as it is the nature of the beast with many forums like this, what you have to ask yourself is why still keep a grudge?

Its not worth it and if you do not move on, then you yourself will create one of many problems on the forums, as moving past will not create a problem. Saying you have moved on when clearly there is still friction, is not moving on, so for a place to be much better all those who hold grudges need to move on, not just some but all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:11 am

It's the usual stuff for some to pretend to be offended, but the thing is LD has not said anything offensive , and I would just lie to ask those who seem to have a problem with her bumping the the thread.....why?..

Why do they have a problem with it?, it's no skin off their nose and Andy did start this thread.


LD is a great poster and she's never said anything out of turn to anyone.Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:22 am

Nems wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:
Exactly Nems, which is why I don't bother posting here much any more; the replies to any posts are just personal bitching; forget actually discussing anything relevant...


It seems more and more feel the same Tess.


Bullshit.

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 am

Tesstacious wrote:...........................

Exactly Nems, which is why I don't bother posting here much any more; the replies to any posts are just personal bitching; forget actually discussing anything relevant...

 Rolling Eyes 

PISS OFF then, you foul mouthed racist scumbag...

YOU, for one, certainly won't be missed by many of the more fair-minded members on here..

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:32 am

Joy Division wrote:
It's the usual stuff for some to pretend to be offended, but the thing is LD has not said anything offensive , and I would just lie to ask those who seem to have a problem with her bumping the the thread.....why?..

Why do they have a problem with it?, it's no skin off their nose and Andy did start this thread.

LD  is a great poster and she's never said anything out of turn to anyone.Smile

 
Cool TOO TRUE, JD... Good points, well made.. 

JUST more typical flopheads stirring by L'ilAndy and Tess', though Nems hopping into bed with the the enemy is a bit strange, I reckon.

_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:41 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
Joy Division wrote:
It's the usual stuff for some to pretend to be offended, but the thing is LD has not said anything offensive , and I would just lie to ask those who seem to have a problem with her bumping the the thread.....why?..

Why do they have a problem with it?, it's no skin off their nose and Andy did start this thread.

LD  is a great poster and she's never said anything out of turn to anyone.Smile

 
Cool TOO TRUE, JD...   Good points,  well made.. 

JUST more typical flopheads stirring by L'ilAndy and Tess', though Nems hopping into bed with the the enemy is a bit strange, I reckon.


Cheers Bee, that's about bang on the money I would say mate Smile


LD is a great contributor indeed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Lone Wolf on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:49 am

Nems wrote:
Nems wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why it was bumped, because as far as I an see there is enough bad feeling on this forum without posts from February being brought up to fan the flames..................

LD wanted to show Andy where he made the comment. Personally, I would have simply quoted the relevant paragraph with a link, but hey ! That's just me..

..................

Why is it so important to be right? Why would you sit and look through posts to bring something months old up ? Truly I dont get it.
I thought Lovedust was above that sort of thing.......

WHO told you that LD even had to "...sit and look through posts to bring something months old up ?",  Nems !
I'VE known LD for long enough to realise that she more likely than not has a better memory for such things than you or I probably have ~ so she possibly had a better idea of which thread to target to begin with..



_________________
"When all the trees have been cut down,   when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,   when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
Only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
avatar
Lone Wolf

Posts : 2994
Join date : 2014-03-07
Age : 60
Location : Backwoods and Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:19 am

There's an extreme right boycott going on the now!  ::smthg:: Laughing 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:11 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:Can anyone explain to me why it was bumped, because as far as I an see there is enough bad feeling on this forum without posts from February being brought up to fan the flames.

Its a chat forum people have a word with yourselves.
Bloody hell you would think Andy was the anti christ

He's not talented enough to be that important, but the explanation is that he said he never had a good thing to say about SpeakFree in another thread, so LD was showing him up for it Smile



First off - i still haven't seen this post ld keeps going on about - she hasn't shown it.

Second - where have i said "i never had a good thing to say about Spekkensfrei" - i think what you are referring to Benji is the post where i said it was the most racist forum - am i right?

Thirdly - keep talking about me, the man, the legend.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:50 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Jeeeezus, eddie.  Pleeeeeze.

FTL...you and Nems are two of the best mods I've ever seen.  Unfortunately, a bad mod undermines ten of the best mods, singularly, as we've seen.

You're doing fine, Ben.  You're a bit of a liberal, but I really don't think the conservatives have much to complain about.  One of the reasons why I oppose banning is it too easily gets caught up in the LW/RW debate.  You do a good job of skirting that, Ben.

I don't like it when LWers or RWers are exiled.  You need both to have life.  I still don't believe that RWers have an ounce of good thinking ability, but they are always there to raise good topics and give spirited talk until you defeat them finally...and inevitably.

Andy, you left Speakfree because you got your knickers in a knot.  Yes, there was one poster/mod who ran roughshod over you, but what you did was run.  Not cool.  Hardly admirable.  Political argument is a lot like fencing: You slice and parry until there is nothing left of your opponent.  Then you are satisfied with yourself, regardless of the bias of mods.  You know you did well...

Running?  You're never satisfied with yourself.

Nope, I left and I was happy to leave.

There was no political argument there - I like to post about sh1t bags making our country a dump.  I like to post about useless judges giving out cr4p sentences.

If I can't do that, i'll leave.

Nothing to whine about and no political argument there.

The second I realised a guy called "TheToryScum" wasn't going to allow the word scum used for dirty criminals who beat up old ladies I knew it was time to go.
thats complete bullshit
I was never called the Tory scum on SF i was only called TTs, I haven't used that name since the sky forum so that's one fact of your story you have wrong
I asked Phil not to call you RW scum and he went off as usual and i received the usual rant via PM so he was banned for a couple of days
Please produce this post or PM where I asked you not to call pedos and criminal scum

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:01 pm

and further more you say when you "realized" indicating i never actually said that to you that is you interpretation

unless you trying to say i defend pedos  ::lightsab:: and vulger is a word i don`t think i have ever used in a post



over to you

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:27 pm

@ victor could you please use the founder tools or give me access to them so i can recover the information regarding this
i still have admin access to SF but not founder access

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:48 pm




And i love the sent message folder


TTS J
07/11/2012
To: phill-------------- email address removed

Phill

i asked you politely and privately not to call people scum
i did it privately via PM as i did not want to draw attention to the fact that
i had asked you to remove a offensive descriptor

But you choose to publish that private PM
i mean really what did you expect
i was one pf the people who understood and fought in your corner
and you do that to me ?....

you are subject to the same rules as every one else regardless of what other site they are members of

now if you would like me to reinstate your account before the 24 hour ban ends
then i suggest an apology is in order from you to me for publishing my pm to you
that`s just not on and you know that
And then we can just leave at that

TTS




that is a copy of the email i sent to phill regarding this subject

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:56 pm

And just to be clear, he is the hole exchange (email addresses removed )



To: phill
Phill

please your self your loss
seems they where right about you after all i have posted all your pms and emails
to the other mods and admins so they know whats been going on

if you what to throw your dummy out of the pram and act like a petulant child instead of a fucking adult then you have only your self to blame

i stuck the fuck up for you with flappy and he got permanently banned but now you don`t fucking care
duramm deleted his own account because he wasn`t allowed to stir his shit do you care NO
And huge as hardly been back


BUT  as long as you get you way EH!!
do you know how much fucking abuse i received for that from the flapped morons No you don`t
because its all me me me with you

simple fact you a bully as bad as they are you think shouting and threats will get you your own way
well dude your wrong because it never will

Now as far as i am concerned we can chalk this up to experience
but as you have brought it to the attention of admin its up to victor
to weigh in now


TTS


From: philli
Subject: RE: why
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 13:40:14 +0000

Hey tosser!

Delete my account now but have the guts to put a full statement on open forum as to why my account was taken off!

You fucking wanker!

From: TTs
To: philli
Subject: re: why
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 11:37:12 +0000

Phill

i asked you politely and privately  not to call people scum

i did it privately via PM as i did not want to draw attention to the fact that
i had asked you to remove a offensive descriptor  

But you choose to publish that private PM
i mean really what did you expect
i was one pf the people who understood and fought in your corner
and you do that to me  ?....

You are subject to the same rules as everyone else, regardless of what other site they are members of


now if you would like me to reinstate your account before the 24 hour ban ends
then i suggest an apology is in order from you to me  for publishing my pm to you
that`s just not on and you know that
And then  we can just leave at that

TTS


Last edited by Korban_Dallas on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by eddie on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:01 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Laughing   BA's simply another brainless piece of Flopsom  drifting  aimlessly to-and-fro' across these forums...

HE will have probably insulted everybody on here before he's finished; and such weak and puerile little insults they are..

AS with sassy and her pet Gerbil down there in their overly misanthropic Misandrist/anti-Misogynist thread, some of those more feeble-minded people never have achieved the ability to insult and abuse others with a bit more originality and class, aplomb and decorum ~ along with Tess' and eddie's recent efforts, I believe this mob of boring old git's are vying for the recently vacated VDO/heavenlyfarter position as the forum's most glaring purveyors of pathetically unoriginal and juvenile insults.    cyclops 

Got a bit waffle-fied toward the end but I'm sure some people will understand your old man ramblings.
Poor old sod.  Sad 

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by eddie on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:


And i love the sent message folder


TTS J
07/11/2012
To: phill-------------- email address removed

Phill

i asked you politely and privately  not to call people scum
i did it privately via PM as i did not want to draw attention to the fact that
i had asked you to remove a offensive descriptor  

But you choose to publish that private PM
i mean really what did you expect
i was one pf the people who understood and fought in your corner
and you do that to me  ?....

you are subject to the same rules as every one else regardless of what other site they are members of

now if you would like me to reinstate your account before the 24 hour ban ends
then i suggest an apology is in order from you to me  for publishing my pm to you
that`s just not on and you know that
And then  we can just leave at that

TTS




that is a copy of the email i sent to phill regarding this subject

Wow. Except for the names and few other changes, that's pretty much what I sent Phil on numerous occasions!

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36192
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:16 pm

eddie wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:


And i love the sent message folder


TTS J
07/11/2012
To: phill-------------- email address removed

Phill

i asked you politely and privately  not to call people scum
i did it privately via PM as i did not want to draw attention to the fact that
i had asked you to remove a offensive descriptor  

But you choose to publish that private PM
i mean really what did you expect
i was one pf the people who understood and fought in your corner
and you do that to me  ?....

you are subject to the same rules as every one else regardless of what other site they are members of

now if you would like me to reinstate your account before the 24 hour ban ends
then i suggest an apology is in order from you to me  for publishing my pm to you
that`s just not on and you know that
And then  we can just leave at that

TTS




that is a copy of the email i sent to phill regarding this subject

Wow. Except for the names and few other changes, that's pretty much what I sent Phil on numerous occasions!
indeed ED i only asked he not call  members of other forums scum NEVER did i say to anybody not to call pedos and criminals scum
personally i would shoot pedos in the head

ps and i was as can be seen i was called tts NOT the tory scum as BA is claiming

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Can I join the "Thats what I tried with Phil" club?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It's not about talking about old forums, it's about being a hypocrite. BA himself made the original post here, then tried to act as though he'd never said any such thing. I tolerate an awful lot here, but I will be god-damned if I'm going to still my tongue in the name of "letting somebody else be right" (which is bullshit in the first place) when they've made an outright hypocrite of themselves.

You want to be right? Fucking be right, then! You want to be a hypocrite, act like one. It is not at all complicated.


Thanks Ben.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Phil is a phenomenon, not a real person. I too am a member of the "that's what I tried" flock and I quickly learned that he's not a person to be reasoned with...he's entertainment.  Laughing 

I still like him, though I understand very well how difficult it must have been as admin, T.

Welcome back, BTW.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25924
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:01 pm

The thing will phil is I think a lot of people like him - rough edges and all, but he doesnt believe they do which is a crying shame

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Phil sometimes is his own worst enemy, but I think he knows that, but then again,look at the abuse he's had over the years...and it's not just mild stuff either....

He and his fella have been called 'dirty aids scum' amongst other awful OTT stuff...

So I definitely can understand his defensiveness at times...

Certainly to them who have said such appalling things about him and his partner.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Andy on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Phil retaliates - usually with too much interest, but if you don't fire bullets at him you wont get scud missiles back.
I have never had any grief from him, nor he from me.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4874
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Has declared war against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I Left Speakfree Forum

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum