When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by phildidge on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 am

Millions of unvaccinated children in the Philippines are at risk of catching the highly contagious measles virus, as health bosses issued warnings over a major outbreak.

So far this year, there has been a 74 percent increase in measles cases and deaths compared to 2018, according to the country's Department of Health Epidemiology Bureau.

As of January 26, there have been 1,813 measles cases and 26 deaths from the virus.

The disease can be deadly for young children and babies. There is now concern for 2.4 million unvaccinated children.

Vaccination rates have dropped dramatically after complications related to the dengue vaccine made parents reluctant to have their children immunised, according to the BBC.

Dr Gundo Weiler, World Health Organisation (WHO) representative to the Philippines, said immunisation rates were well below the target of 95 percent and decreasing.


https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/26-dead-in-major-measles-outbreak-in-philippines-a4059886.html

phildidge

Posts : 5403
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Only when the government physically forces vaccinations  on to people.  Until then, there will be groups of people that will refuse the vaccinations. I mean that won't  make folks take responsibility, it will just take it out of their hands.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4307
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by nicko on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:28 pm

I don't think you can ever force people to be vaccinated, wouldn't that be Assault ?
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11436
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by Maddog on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:33 pm

nicko wrote:I don't think you can ever force people to be vaccinated,   wouldn't that be Assault ?


Well, not if the government does it.  

I don't support forcing people to get vaccinated. I was just saying that's the only way you will get 100 percent compliance.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4307
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by phildidge on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Maddog wrote:Only when the government physically forces vaccinations  on to people.  Until then, there will be groups of people that will refuse the vaccinations. I mean that won't  make folks take responsibility, it will just take it out of their hands.

Well simple solution to the problem is that then many schools, make this a requirment on applying and being accepted to the school

Day care centers, nurseries etc

Why should other kids become at risk, based on the ignorance of parents who do not vaccinate their children?

If these ignorant parents want to make said decisions, then they will have to homeschool their children or find schools open to unvaccinated kids.

phildidge

Posts : 5403
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by phildidge on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Measles infections in Europe hit a decade high in 2018, despite more children than ever before receiving vaccinations.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 82,500 people contracted measles in 2018, with two thirds of people hospitalised as a result and 72 people died.

The total number of infections last year is 15 times higher than the record low just two years ago, and three times higher than the total reported in 2017.

Measles, a highly contagious viral disease common among children, causes a rash and high fever. But in severe cases complications from the disease can lead to blindness, pneumonia and death.

Despite availability of safe and cost-effective vaccines since the 1960s, more than 100,000 people die globally from the illness each year - the majority of whom are children younger than five years old in developing countries.

But while the disease had virtually disappeared in much of the developed world, it has recently returned with a vengeance - in part thanks to rising vaccine hesitancy.


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/07/measles-infections-europe-hit-decade-high-2018/

phildidge

Posts : 5403
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:55 am

What a Face

People on the whole living in large cities like London, New York, Chicago, Paris, Sydney and Melbourne in the 19th century didn't give a damn about public sanitation, general cleanliness and healthy living...

When there were large scale outbreaks of deadly diseases such as typhoid, dysentry, the plague, TB,  it took government intervention to clean up the messes, introduce sewerage systems and garbage collections --  and giving policing powers to government officials to enforce new laws..


In general, the proportion of ignorant brain-fucked "anti-vaxxers" deliberately abusing their children these days, in most western and 'developed' countries, is only down around the 3% or lower level --  a point where introducing regulations linking childhood vaccinations to welfare payments and school enrolments can make a significant impact on closing the gap..

In many parts of S.E. Asia, Africa and Central America, though, you can have a combination of large populations living close together, with high poverty and poor education, combining with wild rumours and common fears, can lead to significant 'clusters' of disease breakouts such as those seen in the O/P.


If public officials in the US, Britain, Western Europe and Oz had followed the same 'hands off' approach as Maddog often advocates, then many of todays' large cities would still be more akin to those expected on the Indian sub-continent or sub-Saharan Africa..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6911
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:02 am

nicko wrote:I don't think you can ever force people to be vaccinated,   wouldn't that be Assault ?

What do you call deliberately exposing people to a serious illness? Poisoning?
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25857
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by nicko on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:41 am

Dickheads !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11436
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:43 am

I've had measles. It was nasty.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9504
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:48 am

nicko wrote:Dickheads !

Hahahahhaha, never gets old Smile
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 25857
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Essex

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by Maddog on Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:What a Face

People on the whole living in large cities like London, New York, Chicago, Paris, Sydney and Melbourne in the 19th century didn't give a damn about public sanitation, general cleanliness and healthy living...

When there were large scale outbreaks of deadly diseases such as typhoid, dysentry, the plague, TB,  it took government intervention to clean up the messes, introduce sewerage systems and garbage collections --  and giving policing powers to government officials to enforce new laws..


In general, the proportion of ignorant brain-fucked "anti-vaxxers" deliberately abusing their children these days, in most western and 'developed' countries, is only down around the 3% or lower level --  a point where introducing regulations linking childhood vaccinations to welfare payments and school enrolments can make a significant impact on closing the gap..

In many parts of S.E. Asia, Africa and Central America, though, you can have a combination of large populations living close together, with high poverty and poor education, combining with wild rumours and common fears, can lead to significant 'clusters' of disease breakouts such as those seen in the O/P.


If public officials in the US, Britain, Western Europe and Oz had followed the same 'hands off' approach as Maddog often advocates, then many of todays' large cities would still be more akin to those expected on the Indian sub-continent or sub-Saharan Africa..

Huh. I advocate the position we have now.  It means almost everyone vaccinates their kids, but in the end no ones child is rounded up and vaccinated against their will.

_________________
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 4307
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity?  26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines Empty Re: When Are Anti-Vaxxers Going To Take Responsibility For their stupidity? 26 dead in major measles outbreak in Philippines

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 am

Smile

Anti-vaxxers, climate change denialists, and hard-core 'vegan' activists  --  all seem to have certain traits in common  :

They believe they know better than the great majority of scientists, medicos, experts;

They would willingly prefer to listen to the scamsters, conmen, lobbyists, or drunks sitting across the table --  rather than those who talk from experience, and who really do know better than them;

And it would be very, very rare to find any of them admitting they were wrong --  let alone ever taking responsibility for the results of their collective stupidity.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6911
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum