SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:19 pm

The Daly Star reports that British SAS soldiers have been banned from wearing The Punisher logo badges on their helmet as it looks too much like the Nazi Germany SS Death’s Head image.

SAS troopers picked up the imagery after serving alongside US Navy Seals in Iraq, with troopers being handed one by their squad after their first combat kill.

The paper quotes ex-Sergeant Trevor Coult, head of the foundation For Our Veterans as saying, “The Ministry of Defence should be doing everything in its power to support the SAS, not messing around telling them what they can and can’t wear on operations. This is politically correct nonsense and it ludicrous.”

Jesus please us, this is just a really hyper-masculine type of thing that any young male in that line of work would tend to do, and they're making it out to be a white supremacy thing. Such horrendous bullshit, and inevitably the sort of thing that people will use to crucify everybody on the left.

Could we seriously stop?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02/04/british-sas-troops-told-to-stop-putting-punisher-skulls-on-their-helmets/

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26404
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:22 pm

Nazi symbol:

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" 220px-3rd_SS_Division_Logo.svg

Punisher logo:

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" 03e08d6af0880e6d44ede1f9444c714e

They're hardly similar. If that's too close to the Nazi symbol, so is a Dia de Muertos skull:

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" 177-SugarSkull_ae39212a-a750-4793-a252-63afe1362765_large

_________________
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.

-Ghandi
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 26404
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:33 am

What a Face


IF the Punisher symbol looks close to anything,  than it would have to be the Phantom's "Skull Ring"  !

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 7147
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by Victorismyhero on Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Looks like the loonys are taking over the L/W assylum......

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10419
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Can't remember ever seeing an SAS man wearing an Helmet !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by Original Quill on Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:25 pm

nicko wrote:Can't remember ever seeing an SAS man wearing an Helmet !

That's a good point.  'Course, I was never in WWII, either.  But the Schutzstaffel (SS) meant the...

Wiki wrote:"Protection Squadron".  [It] was a major paramilitary organization under Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party (NSDAP) in Nazi Germany, and later throughout German-occupied Europe during World War II.


So it really wasn't a military unit, per se.  The history is interesting:

Wiki wrote:It began with a small guard unit known as the Saal-Schutz ("Hall Security") made up of NSDAP volunteers to provide security for party meetings in Munich. In 1925, Heinrich Himmler joined the unit, which had by then been reformed and given its final name. Under his direction (1929–45) it grew from a small paramilitary formation to one of the most powerful organizations in Nazi Germany. From 1929 until the regime's collapse in 1945, the SS was the foremost agency of security, surveillance, and terror within Germany and German-occupied Europe.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 28389
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by phildidge on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Looks like the loonys are taking over the L/W assylum......


Indeed, the skull symbol has been used by many within war.

Just because the Waffen SS used this symbol, does not mean they own this symbol.

I mean our British Submarines always fly the Skull and crossbones, with successful patrols

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Article-1372804-0B748C0300000578-419_468x394

phildidge

Posts : 6688
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by nicko on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:54 pm

I think that picture is of HMS Conqueror returning to base after sinking the Argentine Battleship Belgrano !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by phildidge on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:58 pm

nicko wrote:I think that picture is of HMS Conqueror returning to base after sinking the Argentine Battleship Belgrano !


Sorry buddy, that is HMS Triumph
  
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1372804/Return-Triumph-With-skull-crossbones-flying-defiantly-mast-submarine-launched-attack-Gaddafi-comes-home.html

HMS Conqueror did fly the skull and crossbone though after the sinking of the Belgrano

Hence its very much a tradition in sea warfare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolly_Roger

phildidge

Posts : 6688
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by nicko on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:24 am

I wasn't far off though was I ?
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by nicko on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 am

By the way it's 1.25 am here, can I get to sleep ? no bloody chance !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by Syl on Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:43 am

nicko wrote:By the way it's 1.25 am here,    can I get to sleep ? no bloody chance !

Snap. Razz
Who cares, I can have a lie in if I want to....cant you?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
Syl
Syl

Posts : 18923
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by nicko on Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:52 am

No, if I do that and go to sleep, I wake up staggering all over the place and with a bloody Headache !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11708
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by phildidge on Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:55 am

nicko wrote:I wasn't far off though was I ?


You were spot on mate that they also flew the flag

phildidge

Posts : 6688
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum