Today's news from London

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Today's news from London

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 pm

First topic message reminder :



https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/gang-member-who-donned-clown-mask-while-waving-shotgun-during-east-london-police-chase-faces-jail-a4053316.html

A loaded shotgun was found in the car, while cartridges were discovered on the ground nearby. Forensic testing showed it had not been fired on the night of July 26 last year.

Akinsoji was on trial alongside Nathaniel Lewis, 23, Darnell Joseph-Newill, 21, and Troy Ifill, 22, who were also said to be associated with east London gangs, who had formed an alliance under the name "Northside Newham".

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Mugshots





https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-47058948

Worcester acid attack accused sent 'nailed it!' text


More about this story here...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6619069/Father-organised-ACID-attack-three-year-old-son-Home-Bargains.html

Father 'organised ACID attack on his three-year-old son in Home Bargains to ruin wife's divorce bid by making her appear an unfit mother - after he asked imam whether it was Islamic to murder her and their three children' 

Today's news from London  - Page 7 8847434-6619069-image-m-2_1548178677579

A court sketch today showing (left to right) Norbert Pulko, Saied Hussini, the father of the boy (who cannot be identified), Martina Badiova, Adam Cech, Jabar Paktia and Jan Dudi





https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47045490

Three teenagers have been arrested after a 17-year-old boy was stabbed to death in a street attack in north London.

The victim, who died at the scene on Caledonian Road, Islington, on Tuesday, has been named as Nedim Bilgin.

Two male suspects, aged 16 and 17, were arrested nearby on suspicion of murder, and an 18-year-old man was arrested at an address in Islington, the Met Police said.

All three remain in custody.





https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-47061701

Gang 'smuggled immigrants in dinghy' into Kent

Thomas Mason, 36, Hoa Thi Nguyen, 49, and Chi Tan Huynh, 41...

And...

Nazmi Velia, 32, of Park Street Lane, St Albans
Egert Kajaci, 35, of Turner Drive, Oxford
Erald Gapi, 27, of Marine Tower, Deptford
Wayne Lee, 46, of Grasmere Close, Watford




https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47054348

Croydon 'zombie knife' sentence overturned

Today's news from London  - Page 7 _105396339_gardner-1






https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47059020

Park Lane doorman murder accused appear in court

Haroon Akram, 25, Adham Khalil, 20, and Adham Elshalakany, 23, appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court earlier.








_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:15 pm

ahh so we.ve come down to "subjective bull shit" in other words i cant answer you ....

i'll give you one last chance to answer my question......WHAT...exactly and HOW do you propose to reduce the relative poverty gap...NOT what has denmark done......since you havnt actually even stated that merely said it is so but not how they did it..

given that merely raising the living wage wouldnt work, for reasons that should be obvious to even a child these days.....for a hint look at the late 60's early 70's massive wage rises and massive inflation.......

what POLICIES would you enforce to close that gap?



_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:18 pm

Lord Foul wrote:ahh so we.ve come down to "subjective bull shit" in other words i cant answer you ....

i'll give you one last chance to answer my question......WHAT...exactly and HOW do you propose to reduce the relative poverty gap...NOT what has denmark done......since you havnt actually even stated that  merely said it is so but not how they did it..

given that merely raising the living wage wouldnt work, for reasons that should be obvious to even a child these days.....for a hint look at the late 60's early 70's massive wage rises and massive inflation.......

what POLICIES would you enforce to close that gap?




Where is the evidence for your claims?

Hence subjective made up bullshit on your part

All I see is a rognition to my part on lower crime rate

I dont need any last chance from you, as what you suggest is in the main made up drivel

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:20 pm

so in fact you havnt a clue as to how you could do this....

nothing less than I expected


_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:23 pm

Lord Foul wrote:so in fact you havnt a clue as to how you could do this....

nothing less than I expected


So no evidence for your claims, unlike where I showed evidence for mine

The reality is this.

You are not actually anymore disputing the fact lower inequality means lower crime rates

All you are trying desperately to do. Is invoke subjective crap to try and deny us lowering wealth inequality

So the reality is this

You were too bloody stubborn to admit you got it wrong

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:30 pm

unlike you I havnt "claimed" anything...except that I doubt YOUR claims......

and no ...nowhwhere have I agreed that lower inequality equates to lower crime.....

and all I'm asking is that you show me that IF what you say is correct.....how you propose it should be done.......

because the reality is ...you havnt got the foggiest idea......All you are doing is sitting in the fog wailing "somebody do something"

AND.....where does "relative poverty stop"??? because what you are saying is justifying the man on 30,000 a year stealing the wallet of the man on 50,000 a year

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:34 pm

Lord Foul wrote:unlike you I havnt "claimed" anything...except that I doubt YOUR claims......

and no ...nowhwhere have I agreed that lower inequality equates to lower crime.....

and all I'm asking is that you show me that IF what you say is correct.....how you propose it should be done.......

because the reality is ...you havnt got the foggiest idea......All you are doing is sitting in the fog wailing "somebody do something"

AND.....where does "relative poverty stop"??? because what you are saying is justifying the man on 30,000 a year stealing the wallet of the man on 50,000 a year


You can doubt them all you like, but again you are ignoring the massive amount of and overwhelming evidence of the connection between wealth inequality and high crime levels

If you dont agree, to lower wealth inequality, then you are also failing to see where there already is in parts of the UK, there is low crime rates

I mean the evidence is already all  around you and even in this country, where yet again you want to act pig headed, knowing full well you are wrong

As to lowering wealth inequality, there are many ways

https://www.thetoptens.com/ways-reduce-wealth-inequality/

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:44 pm

which is an american prescription for american woes....

3 items of which are unapplicable here in the UK in anycase.
Its also somewhat subjective since it posits that the lowest paid dont have a decent standard of living..

First you have to define "decent standard of living" and that as you should well be aware is a very subjective matter.......


_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 pm

Lord Foul wrote:which is an american prescription for american woes....

3 items of which are unapplicable here in the UK in anycase.
Its also somewhat subjective since it posits that the lowest paid dont have a decent standard of living..

First you have to define "decent standard of living"  and that as you should well be aware is a very subjective matter.......


You wanted ways and I offered them, which is all you are side tracking to

Again all you can do is offer subjective opinions from yourself

However the points stll stand, no matter how much you avoid them

Lower wealth inequality, means lower crime rates

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:53 pm

yeah well come on big man...that thing from america posits some ideas...BUT it doesnt actually MEAN anything ...it has as much substance as so much fresh air....

lets got down to it.....

what is a decent standard of living....unless we understand THAT the whole thing is pointless....

what I consider decent standard of living is likely considerably different to what you or fred up the road or joe in his cardboard box under the bridge considers decent.
are we talking decent as in decently opulent
or as in merely basic
or as in one step from begging on the street homeless?
or what?

what would "satisfy" these gangsters?


_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yeah well come on big man...that thing from america posits some ideas...BUT  it doesnt actually MEAN anything ...it has as much substance as so much fresh air....

lets got down to it.....

what is a decent standard of living....unless we understand THAT the whole thing is pointless....

what I consider decent standard of living is likely considerably different to what you or fred up the road or joe in his cardboard box under the bridge considers decent.
are we talking decent as in decently opulent
or as in merely basic
or as in one step from begging on the street homeless?
or what?

what would "satisfy" these gangsters?



So basically you are in disagreement to how to bring down wealth inequality

So what

You wanted methods

i provided them

You need to prove they are unworkable

Not just offer up your opinions, why you do not like them

All of which is very much a side show to the points at hand

The very fact lower wealth inquality means lower crime rates

I am not here to debate the merits of plans how to lower wealth inequality

I am here to debate and show it means lower crime rates

Hence you are posing up a red herring argument and really do not care about your views on what you think is workable for having lower wealth inequality. As that is not my main point at all,= and you know it to be so, hence this farcical stance you are nnow taking

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:59 pm

and....on a side note................... if you listen to the few of these gangsters talking its NOT soley "money" standards of living etc...Its POWER, these gang leaders and their deputies are tribal warlords..you have to face and deal with that too, and you wont spend your way out of that.

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Thor wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:yeah well come on big man...that thing from america posits some ideas...BUT  it doesnt actually MEAN anything ...it has as much substance as so much fresh air....

lets got down to it.....

what is a decent standard of living....unless we understand THAT the whole thing is pointless....

what I consider decent standard of living is likely considerably different to what you or fred up the road or joe in his cardboard box under the bridge considers decent.
are we talking decent as in decently opulent
or as in merely basic
or as in one step from begging on the street homeless?
or what?

what would "satisfy" these gangsters?



So basically you are in disagreement to how to bring down wealth inequality

So what

You wanted methods

i provided them

You need to prove they are unworkable

Not just offer up your opinions, why you do not like them

All of which is very much a side show to the points at hand

The very fact lower wealth inquality means lower crime rates

I am not here to debate the merits of plans how to lower wealth inequality

I am here to debate and show it means lower crime rates

Hence you are posing up a red herring argument and really do not care about your views on what you think is workable for having lower wealth inequality. As that is not my main point at all,= and you know it to be so, hence this farcical stance you are nnow taking

in otherwords...you havnt got a clue.....

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:01 pm

Lord Foul wrote:and....on a side note................... if you listen to the few of these gangsters talking its NOT soley "money" standards of living etc...Its POWER, these gang leaders and their deputies are tribal warlords..you have to face and deal with that too, and you wont spend your way out of that.


I suggest you read back to my comments on what drives people to gangs and the actual gang leaders themselves

I already made the point that an element of this is power

There is a very simple way to tackle the drug gang problems in the UK

Decriminalise drugs

Make a number of drugs legal and deny them of their source of revenue

It will make drugs safer and cheaper

The war on drugs has never worked in any single country

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:03 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Thor wrote:


So basically you are in disagreement to how to bring down wealth inequality

So what

You wanted methods

i provided them

You need to prove they are unworkable

Not just offer up your opinions, why you do not like them

All of which is very much a side show to the points at hand

The very fact lower wealth inquality means lower crime rates

I am not here to debate the merits of plans how to lower wealth inequality

I am here to debate and show it means lower crime rates

Hence you are posing up a red herring argument and really do not care about your views on what you think is workable for having lower wealth inequality. As that is not my main point at all,= and you know it to be so, hence this farcical stance you are nnow taking

in otherwords...you havnt got a clue.....


I do have plenty of knmowledge

Like I said its a red herring on your part, and a side show to the main issue as to what brings about lower crime rates

As far as i am concerned, you simple again wont admit you are wrong

That is the real issue here

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:41 pm

ok sweet pea....YOU have as much idea as a cows fart how to carry out your great and vaunted ideas.....as per (told you you are turning lefty.....)

HERE is how you do it
1) remove all benefits( including state pension) except certain top up benefits (child allowance but for the first 3 only, except in the case of remarriage where all child allowances are kept...and one or two others
2) institute a universal basic income (set to such a level as to provide that "decent standard of living"...when you decide finally what that actually is Rolling Eyes) with the inland revenue as the distributive agency.
3) that means you can get rid of all the infrastructure and staff needed to run the current mess.
which in turn will make such savings as to nearly pay for the above since the current structures cost nearly as much as the money that is actually paid in benefits.
4) remove all basic tax allowances
5)set income tax to 10% of anything earned over the universal income for the first 20,000
30% from 20,000 to 50,000, 40% from 50 to 100,000 and 75% over that. Tax all bonuses paid as earned income EXCEPT that any bonus 10 times greater thaN THE LOWEST PAID WORKERS ANNUAL SALARY IS TAXED AT 95%.
6) Institute hard intervention in the housing market.....severely curtailing rents (which will have a number of knock-on effects which will have the benefit of causing house prices to fall severely. force the mortgage companies to absorb the financial fall out of this no home owners to be hit by negative equity.....
7) as said earlier seize all land banked assets and use to build govt sponsored affordable to buy/rent homes

education seems irrelevant....as that report says the majority are performing well at school....perhaps change the curriculum to include social skills and interpersonal skills

health care ///is there a problem ...beyond what ails everywhere else?? I mean even where I live A&E is inhabited mainly by drunks and drug soaked skanks of both or all sexes unless there is an accident of some size...when they all then get the bums rush........
If there is then sack the local heath board and replace them with people who WILL do the job properly, and provide the funds needed...thats kind of a no brainer

item 6 of that american dream doesnt apply in the main....
nor item 7

item 8....now thats a problem...sometimes its better to bail olut and save the jobs than let a possibly viable company go to the wall...I'd suggest every company that needs a bailout is subject to a criminal style investigation to ascertain the REAL reason for its failure, if its a commercial inevitability (perhaps due to its product becoming obsolete) then sadly let it go...If its due to some sort of culpability of management then save it and hammer them, remove some of the provisions of "limited liability" its time for "limited limited liability"

Item 9 given that basic universal income would be available then yes...let em sink....but see item 8


item 10...Disagree with the concept that low interest rates leads to high inflation......that may be true in america but i dont see it here......

oh and theres more where that comes from


BUT now then......what do we do about those gang leaders and their co conspirators....who are not there soley for the cash??????



_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:45 pm

So that is your view how to make it work

And the evidence to show that it would work?

Seems to me, you are just offering up your solution to obtain this

Whoopdeedoo

Reading that, was like watching paint dry, seriously and is again a distraction from the points at hand about high crime levels


What has that got to do though with you not recognising how lower wealth inequality means lower crime rates?

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 pm

Thor wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:and....on a side note................... if you listen to the few of these gangsters talking its NOT soley "money" standards of living etc...Its POWER, these gang leaders and their deputies are tribal warlords..you have to face and deal with that too, and you wont spend your way out of that.


I suggest you read back to my comments on what drives people to gangs and the actual gang leaders themselves

I already made the point that an element of this is power

There is a very simple way to tackle the drug gang problems in the UK

Decriminalise drugs

Make a number of drugs legal and deny them of their source of revenue

It will make drugs safer and cheaper

The war on drugs has never worked in any single country

you wont get any argument from me on that one

BUT...some must remain utterly illegal

even to the point of carrying a death penalty for having enough for "supply" like "spice" and krokdil...although krokodil is a bit different since its mostly "home brewed".

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:48 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Thor wrote:


I suggest you read back to my comments on what drives people to gangs and the actual gang leaders themselves

I already made the point that an element of this is power

There is a very simple way to tackle the drug gang problems in the UK

Decriminalise drugs

Make a number of drugs legal and deny them of their source of revenue

It will make drugs safer and cheaper

The war on drugs has never worked in any single country

you wont get any argument from me on that one

BUT...some must remain utterly illegal

even to the point of carrying a death penalty for having enough for "supply"  like "spice" and krokdil...although krokodil is a bit different since its mostly "home brewed".


And when ever has the death penalty been an effective deterrent to crime?

Not saying all should be made legal, but many should be

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:54 pm

Thor wrote:So that is your view how to make it work

And the evidence to show that it would work?

Seems to me, you are just offering up your solution to obtain this

Whoopdeedoo

Reading that, was like watching paint dry, seriously and is again a distraction from the points at hand about high crime levels


What has that got to do though with you not recognising how lower wealth inequality means lower crime rates?

At least I can offer one potential solution to making it work and one that would I think be acceptable to most......since its fair....which is more than you seem to be able to do.....

because I dont think that there are many, even in those places in london where any significant amount of these gangster types are, are living below a "decent standard of living" So i think your argument is based on a false premise. IF it was the case that their living standards are below par then the same MUST by common logic ALSO apply to anyone who is living on welfare....and yet?????????

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:57 pm

Thor wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Thor wrote:


I suggest you read back to my comments on what drives people to gangs and the actual gang leaders themselves

I already made the point that an element of this is power

There is a very simple way to tackle the drug gang problems in the UK

Decriminalise drugs

Make a number of drugs legal and deny them of their source of revenue

It will make drugs safer and cheaper

The war on drugs has never worked in any single country

you wont get any argument from me on that one

BUT...some must remain utterly illegal

even to the point of carrying a death penalty for having enough for "supply"  like "spice" and krokdil...although krokodil is a bit different since its mostly "home brewed".


And when ever has the death penalty been an effective deterrent to crime?

true but......in the case of drug runners AND producers/providers if yo had a rigid policy of stretching them...or shortening them by a head if that floats your boat...i suspect you might rather quickly at least reduce the numbers of volunteers to a level where the problem becomes manageable......

Not saying all should be made legal, but many should be

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:00 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Thor wrote:So that is your view how to make it work

And the evidence to show that it would work?

Seems to me, you are just offering up your solution to obtain this

Whoopdeedoo

Reading that, was like watching paint dry, seriously and is again a distraction from the points at hand about high crime levels


What has that got to do though with you not recognising how lower wealth inequality means lower crime rates?

At least I can offer one potential solution to making it work and one that would I think be acceptable to most......since its fair....which is more than you seem to be able to do.....

because I dont think that there are many, even in those places in london where any significant amount of these gangster types are, are living below a "decent standard of living"  So i think your argument is based on a false premise. IF it was the case that their living standards are below par then the same MUST by common logic ALSO apply to anyone who is living on welfare....and yet?????????


Was my main point about how to obtain wealth inequality, or to show, that there is a big correlation with crime levels?

I even cited the Dutch for you, that is even closing prisons

You then end with a claim about the gangsters. Not backed by any evidence from you Even though the evidence again is overwhelming that gang memebers come from deprived areas within London. They are even targeting and recruiting kids from primary schools these days.

So how is my argument then a false premise, now based on an opinion you hold, that you have not backed up with any evidence?

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:02 am

aand how does YOUR idea ride with this???

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t26497-grandmother-of-teenage-girl-stabbed-in-unprovoked-london-attack-calls-for-city-s-street-violence-to-end

un provoked no reason ...just "thrill kill" so it seems at the moment....

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:04 am

Lord Foul wrote:aand how does YOUR idea ride with this???

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t26497-grandmother-of-teenage-girl-stabbed-in-unprovoked-london-attack-calls-for-city-s-street-violence-to-end

un provoked no reason ...just "thrill kill" so it seems at the moment....


What do you mean by "my" idea?

Its well known that some murders, are tests for gang memembers to prove themselves. Through some sort of inititation

That could be a possivle factor and motive behind this appalling murder

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:15 am

Thor wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Thor wrote:So that is your view how to make it work

And the evidence to show that it would work?

Seems to me, you are just offering up your solution to obtain this

Whoopdeedoo

Reading that, was like watching paint dry, seriously and is again a distraction from the points at hand about high crime levels


What has that got to do though with you not recognising how lower wealth inequality means lower crime rates?

At least I can offer one potential solution to making it work and one that would I think be acceptable to most......since its fair....which is more than you seem to be able to do.....

because I dont think that there are many, even in those places in london where any significant amount of these gangster types are, are living below a "decent standard of living"  So i think your argument is based on a false premise. IF it was the case that their living standards are below par then the same MUST by common logic ALSO apply to anyone who is living on welfare....and yet?????????


Was my main point about how to obtain wealth inequality, or to show, that there is a big correlation with crime levels?

I even cited the Dutch for you, that is even closing prisons

and I showed you swedish that have the same income levels more or less than  the dutch......YOU CLAIMED DENMARK...make your mind up..... but whatever and STILL have their cities in a mess...and holland isnt the crime free utopia you think it is I game on WoW with a number of dutch players...and they tell a different story....one of official "turning of a blind eye" to many many crimes.....then propaganderise the result into how good their system is.....Its so bad most dont bother reporting say burglary, since it will just be noted and forgotten.....


You then end with a claim about the gangsters. Not backed by any evidence from you Even though the evidence again is overwhelming that gang memebers come from deprived areas within London. They are even targeting and recruiting kids from primary schools these days.

and ....so what...if its true for the deprived areas in london...why is it that it isnt country wide.........my "local" town isnt exactly the place to be by any means...and has its share of deprivation.....yet we dont have the daily slaughter...ok there's a fair bit of nuisance crime, the odd domestic and about 1 murder a year or so and YET...I live in what is reckoned to be the richest shire in the country...more football millionaires per square than anywhere so theres plenty of disparity of income visible and hence plenty of "relative poverty"

so whats different???



So how is my argument then a false premise, now based on an opinion you hold, that you have not backed up with any evidence?

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 am

Lord Foul wrote:ahh so we.ve come down to "subjective bull shit" in other words i cant answer you ....

i'll give you one last chance to answer my question......WHAT...exactly and HOW do you propose to reduce the relative poverty gap...NOT what has denmark done......since you havnt actually even stated that  merely said it is so but not how they did it..

given that merely raising the living wage wouldnt work, for reasons that should be obvious to even a child these days.....for a hint look at the late 60's early 70's massive wage rises and massive inflation.......

what POLICIES would you enforce to close that gap?





This is all spurious left wing nonsense...


The high cost of living, fuelled by the high costs of housing, have been caused by the left wing policy of allowing mass immigration, in the first place!!!


The lefty way of being soft on crime and soft on the causes of crime has only exacerbated the problems we see now!


What is didge really suggesting...!?


That we should start handing out a couple of hundred pounds a week to criminals, in that it would stop them being criminals...!!!???


But... apart from the obvious lunacy of this... it wouldn't matter a jot if these scum bags were given 300 or even 400 a week... they would just take the money and laugh... while carrying on as normal with their criminal activities so they could earn even more money on top of it all...!!!


Decent hard working people do not go to work every day to pay taxes so that criminals can be given hundreds of £s in handouts every week for fuk all...!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:18 am

It is so bad your reply, I cannot make head or tail of who's post is who

You need to start placing your name to posts in brackets, to show the difference

1) I said the Dutch, it was you that said denmark, not me. I suggest you read back and see your error Victor

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t26149p250-today-s-news-from-london

2) show crime stats for your area and levels of wealth inequality, compared to other areas like London

I really dont buy hearsay

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:28 am

Thor wrote:It is so bad your reply, I cannot make head or tail of who's post is who

You need to start placing your name to posts in brackets, to show the difference

1) I said the Dutch, it was you that said denmark, not me. I suggest you read back and see your error Victor

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t26149p250-today-s-news-from-london

ah ok ...my mistake....however my comments on the matter still stand.....
1 sweden tells a different story
2 People LIVING in holland tell a different story



2) show crime stats for your area and levels of wealth inequality, compared to other areas like London

tell me where to find em

I really dont buy hearsay

And the point you just made about comparing one area to another does lead back to "what level is relative poverty is justification for violent criminal enterprise"

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:34 am

Lord Foul wrote:ah ok ...my mistake....however my comments on the matter still stand.....
1 sweden tells a different story
2 People LIVING in holland tell a different story

tell me where to find em


Now that I have improved your reply

1) Based on what?

In fact there is a high poverty rate amongst immigrants and unemployment levels

2) Happy too

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dutch-prisons-are-closing-because-the-country-is-so-safe-a7765521.html

3) The onus is on you to back your point and you want me to help you

For crime

https://www.adt.co.uk/crime-in-my-area

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:46 am

And the point you just made about comparing one area to another does lead back to "what level is relative poverty is justification for violent criminal enterprise" ?

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:46 am

you seem to have missed that?

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:50 am

Lord Foul wrote:And the point you just made about comparing one area to another does lead back to "what level is relative poverty is justification for violent criminal enterprise" ?

Come again?

At any point has anyone argued the above?

No

Another red herring

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Eilzel on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:53 am

I've skimmed over some of this, but I feel that 'giving money to gangsters' is not a good idea, nor anything like what didge or I were suggesting.

Long term causes. I'm sure that doesn't need explaining.

It is near impossible to stop current gang members from continuing to embrace crime. We still should, and rehabilitation programmes in prison are part of that. But the real solution here is to stop more young people from wanting join in the first place - by improving local amenities and ensuring education provides them the same opportunities as those in schools in more privelidged areas. Those currently involved in crime sadly have to sort themselves out or feel the full force of the law.

On economic inequality, I like some of LF's ideas (as I always have) but some of the higher tax rates are extortionate and not practical in the world we live in.

Firstly, the minimum wage should be high enough for a decent standard of living in London. Not the outer perimetres, but the main residential areas of London. There was also a popular idea a few years back, Sphinx used to mention it, in which the highest and lowest earners in a company had their earnings linked: i.e. if the Managing Director earned a raise, so did the cleaners. Obviously they are still far apart in terms of income, but the gap doesn't grow and everyone benefits from a job well done.

Obviously much more needs to be done, but these are just a few ideas.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:59 am

Eilzel wrote:I've skimmed over some of this, but I feel that 'giving money to gangsters' is not a good idea, nor anything like what didge or I were suggesting.

Long term causes. I'm sure that doesn't need explaining.

It is near impossible to stop current gang members from continuing to embrace crime. We still should, and rehabilitation programmes in prison are part of that. But the real solution here is to stop more young people from wanting join in the first place - by improving local amenities and enduring education provides them the same opportunities as those in schools in more privelidged areas. Those currently involved in crime sadly have to sort themselves out or feel the full force of the law.

On economic inequality, I like some of LF's ideas (as I always have) but some of the higher tax rates are extortionate and not practical in the world we live in.

The tax rates always were "illustrative" and open to discussion...BUT NOT the bonus one...those big bonuses are odious

Firstly, the minimum wage should be high enough for a decent standard of living in London. Not the outer perimetres, but the main residential areas of London.
I hope you are not suggesting that the minimum wage outside of central london should not support a decent standard of living

There was also a popular idea a few years back, Sphinx used to mention it, in which the highest and lowest earners in a company had their earnings linked: i.e. if the Managing Director earned a raise, so did the cleaners. Obviously they are still far apart in terms of income, but the gap doesn't grow and everyone benefits from a job well done.

Obviously much more needs to be done, but these are just a few ideas.

and it STILL doesnt answer the problem.....define "decent standard of living"

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Eilzel on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:05 am

No, I meant the minimun wage should support a decent standard of living in London - the wage itself should apply everywhere. That means if I live in Manchester, and I earn the minimun, I could afford (if I wanted to) to live in London.

I cannot say what the margin is for the decent standard Vic, because it's different in different areas. But paying utility bills, rents and mortgages, running cars etc while managing a job (or two) are all things that some low income families struggle with (and in those sad cases are broken by) and add to stress which leads to other long term problems. I'm neither a politician nor economist, but clearly the current situation is not working in areas where crime is more common.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7818
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:12 am

Most of these scum bags live in council homes where, if they were even working, would only be paying about £100 or so a week in rent anyway...!!!



But you are missing the whole point...!!!


These fukkers don't want to work at all...!!!


They would rather carry on getting up when they like and mooching about all day doing their criminal activities, and going to bed when they like... and making hundreds of pounds a day... rather than going to work for a living like everyone else does...!!!


And they are prepared to use extreme violence and even kill anyone who gets in their way!!!



But... you lefty idiots... you just carry on making excuses for them...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:16 am

Eilzel wrote:No, I meant the minimun wage should support a decent standard of living in London - the wage itself should apply everywhere. That means if I live in Manchester, and I earn the minimun, I could afford (if I wanted to) to live in London.

I cannot say what the margin is for the decent standard Vic, because it's different in different areas. But paying utility bills, rents and mortgages, running cars etc while managing a job (or two) are all things that some low income families struggle with (and in those sad cases are broken by) and add to stress which leads to other long term problems. I'm neither a politician nor economist, but clearly the current situation is not working in areas where crime is more common.

I agree with many of your points mate
Espically how we need to tackle people falling into these gangs in the first place
I mean they are even recruiting kids from primary schools now

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:18 am

Eilzel wrote:No, I meant the minimun wage should support a decent standard of living in London - the wage itself should apply everywhere. That means if I live in Manchester, and I earn the minimun, I could afford (if I wanted to) to live in London.

I cannot say what the margin is for the decent standard Vic, because it's different in different areas. But paying utility bills, rents and mortgages, running cars etc while managing a job (or two) are all things that some low income families struggle with (and in those sad cases are broken by) and add to stress which leads to other long term problems. I'm neither a politician nor economist, but clearly the current situation is not working in areas where crime is more common.

well running a car in london will soon be irrelevant, Boris will see to that....as for rents and mortgages yes thats a problem.....and I've indicated on partial solution

utility bills....well they need offsetting in some way I suggest a "leaving and return" tax on the general population of london so that if you live in central london and you venture outside the M25 you pay a tax and the same on return...twould be fair and progressive as the big boss leaves regularly for his home in the sticks and returns he will pay a lot more than anyone else...and it may serve to keep townies where townies belong...in the towns ...win win..... Laughing Laughing

See this is the point that didge misses...this IS a problem of the big cities (and some major towns) and THEY (the cities and towns) should be made to fund the solution...NOT pass it round the country as they always do.....

there was a thing mooted some years back that londons sewers are failing and need rebuilding at some ridiculous costs...and that to fund it there should be a levy on EVERYONES water bills...now hold on...its LONDONS shit....london should find the solution or drown in it. when has london ever had a thought for the north???

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:20 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Eilzel wrote:No, I meant the minimun wage should support a decent standard of living in London - the wage itself should apply everywhere. That means if I live in Manchester, and I earn the minimun, I could afford (if I wanted to) to live in London.

I cannot say what the margin is for the decent standard Vic, because it's different in different areas. But paying utility bills, rents and mortgages, running cars etc while managing a job (or two) are all things that some low income families struggle with (and in those sad cases are broken by) and add to stress which leads to other long term problems. I'm neither a politician nor economist, but clearly the current situation is not working in areas where crime is more common.



utility bills....well they need offsetting in some way I suggest a "leaving and return" tax on the general population of london so that if you live in central london and you venture outside the M25 you pay a tax and the same on return...twould be fair and progressive as the big boss leaves regularly for his home in the sticks and returns he will pay a lot more than anyone else...and it may serve to keep townies where townies belong...in the towns ...win win..... Laughing Laughing

 

Well that is fine then if you want to create and even bigger divide between north and the South say in wealth

So the South east will just pay for its own schooling, health etc?

I think you will find that without London and the South East's wealth, the rest of the country would suffer further, but dont let me get in the way of your really poor idea here

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:27 am

Eilzel wrote:No, I meant the minimun wage should support a decent standard of living in London - the wage itself should apply everywhere. That means if I live in Manchester, and I earn the minimun, I could afford (if I wanted to) to live in London.

I cannot say what the margin is for the decent standard Vic, because it's different in different areas. But paying utility bills, rents and mortgages, running cars etc while managing a job (or two) are all things that some low income families struggle with (and in those sad cases are broken by) and add to stress which leads to other long term problems. I'm neither a politician nor economist, but clearly the current situation is not working in areas where crime is more common.


Mass immigration is the reason why rents and housing costs, and subsequently cost of living has gone through the roof in London... because quite simply... most of the immigration has descended onto London!!-


So... it's all very well for leftys to be talking about the problems of this now extremely high cost of living in London... but... it was you idiots that caused it by supporting mass immigration in the first place!!!


It was me who has made the economic argument against it for years... and all you idiots have done is shout me down as being "racist"...!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:28 am

Thousands of children in England identify as being part of a gang but only a small number are on the radar of authorities, a major report has warned.

It estimates there are around 27,000 child gang members in the country, according to the Children's Commissioner Anne Longfield.

Criminal groups are believed to be recruiting younger children and girls because their "profile" means they are less likely to be known to police.

The findings prompted calls for the Government to designate child criminal exploitation as a "national priority".

Publishing the study, Children's Commissioner Ms Longfield said: "The criminal gangs operating in England are complex and ruthless organisations, using sophisticated techniques to groom children, and chilling levels of violence to keep them compliant.

"At the moment it is too easy for them to succeed. Thousands of children in towns and cities across England are at risk and the same attention must be paid to protecting them as to other major threats to children.

"However, I am worried that all the mistakes that led to serious safeguarding failings in relation to child sexual exploitation in towns and cities up and down the country are now being repeated.

"Many local areas are not facing up to the scale of the problem, they are not taking notice of the risk factors in front of them, and they are not listening to parents and communities who ask for help."

Confidence in child safeguarding arrangements has been rocked by a string of sexual exploitation cases in recent years.

Analysis of crime survey data by the Office of the Children's Commissioner suggests there are 27,000 children aged between 10 and 17 who identify as a member of a street gang.

A street gang is defined as a group of young people who hang around together and have a specific area or territory, have a name or other identifier, possibly have rules or a leader, and who may commit crimes together.

A Government spokeswoman said: "We are committed to protecting vulnerable children by cracking down on the ruthless gangs that seek to exploit them and by offering them the support and skills they need to lead lives free of violence.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/27000-children-in-england-say-they-are-gang-members-major-study-warns-a4078631.html


Which really debunks Tommy's irrational claim, about gang members not wanting to work. The vast majority are not of an age when they can work and all of them found in the study are all of a school age. There is clearly a massive problem here with the exploitation by the gang leaders of young vunerable children. Which needs to be tackled

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:31 am

Thor wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Eilzel wrote:No, I meant the minimun wage should support a decent standard of living in London - the wage itself should apply everywhere. That means if I live in Manchester, and I earn the minimun, I could afford (if I wanted to) to live in London.

I cannot say what the margin is for the decent standard Vic, because it's different in different areas. But paying utility bills, rents and mortgages, running cars etc while managing a job (or two) are all things that some low income families struggle with (and in those sad cases are broken by) and add to stress which leads to other long term problems. I'm neither a politician nor economist, but clearly the current situation is not working in areas where crime is more common.



utility bills....well they need offsetting in some way I suggest a "leaving and return" tax on the general population of london so that if you live in central london and you venture outside the M25 you pay a tax and the same on return...twould be fair and progressive as the big boss leaves regularly for his home in the sticks and returns he will pay a lot more than anyone else...and it may serve to keep townies where townies belong...in the towns ...win win..... Laughing Laughing

 

Well that is fine then if you want to create and even bigger divide between north and the South say in wealth

So the South east will just pay for its own schooling, health etc?

I think you will find that without London and the South East's wealth, the rest of the country would suffer further, but dont let me get in the way of your really poor idea here

yeah like how the south when it got flooded was provided with umpteen millions of aid whilst cumbria had to "make do"
like how the south got plenty of support but the north was devastated by maggies planned hatred of the industrial north
like how the south was supported and encouraged and paid for from london whilst the north had the biggest jobs and financial collapse since the great depression and still many of its areas are riddled with poverty because ....there are no jobs...just vague promises of "the (mythical) northern powerhouse"

yeah sure the wealth of the south and london is REALLY apparent in the north....Oh and BTW....MY county is richer than yours (apparently) with more millionaires per square than anywhere else...footballers mainly (apparently) BUT...my local town........is a shite hole due to the collapse of its railway engineering......

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:33 am



Do stop with the spurious waffle and the twisting please dodge...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:35 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Thor wrote:

Well that is fine then if you want to create and even bigger divide between north and the South say in wealth

So the South east will just pay for its own schooling, health etc?

I think you will find that without London and the South East's wealth, the rest of the country would suffer further, but dont let me get in the way of your really poor idea here

yeah like how the south when it got flooded was provided with umpteen millions of aid whilst cumbria had to "make do"
like how the south got plenty of support but the north was devastated by maggies planned hatred of the industrial north
like how the south was supported and encouraged and paid for from london whilst the north had the biggest jobs and financial collapse since the great depression and still many of its areas are riddled with poverty because ....there are no jobs...just vague promises of "the (mythical) northern powerhouse"

yeah sure the wealth of the south and london is REALLY apparent in the north....Oh and BTW....MY county is richer than yours (apparently)  with more millionaires per square than anywhere else...footballers mainly (apparently) BUT...my local town........is a shite hole due to the collapse of its railway engineering......

Look its not my fault you are a Northern Monkey b  Laughing



Laughing

The reality is here, the wealth of the nation should be spread around evenly and even that does not happen today

The view you have to isolate certain problems and to have towns pay for themselves. Defeats the very essence of what a nation is together

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:36 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Do stop with the spurious waffle and the twisting please dodge...




lol, I see tommy has engaged default Tommybot version 3.0    Laughing

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:39 am



Stop posting waffle from quangos...



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:41 am

Thor wrote:Thousands of children in England identify as being part of a gang but only a small number are on the radar of authorities, a major report has warned.

It estimates there are around 27,000 child gang members in the country, according to the Children's Commissioner Anne Longfield.

Criminal groups are believed to be recruiting younger children and girls because their "profile" means they are less likely to be known to police.

The findings prompted calls for the Government to designate child criminal exploitation as a "national priority".

Publishing the study, Children's Commissioner Ms Longfield said: "The criminal gangs operating in England are complex and ruthless organisations, using sophisticated techniques to groom children, and chilling levels of violence to keep them compliant.

"At the moment it is too easy for them to succeed. Thousands of children in towns and cities across England are at risk and the same attention must be paid to protecting them as to other major threats to children.

"However, I am worried that all the mistakes that led to serious safeguarding failings in relation to child sexual exploitation in towns and cities up and down the country are now being repeated.

"Many local areas are not facing up to the scale of the problem, they are not taking notice of the risk factors in front of them, and they are not listening to parents and communities who ask for help."

Confidence in child safeguarding arrangements has been rocked by a string of sexual exploitation cases in recent years.

Analysis of crime survey data by the Office of the Children's Commissioner suggests there are 27,000 children aged between 10 and 17 who identify as a member of a street gang.

A street gang is defined as a group of young people who hang around together and have a specific area or territory, have a name or other identifier, possibly have rules or a leader, and who may commit crimes together.

A Government spokeswoman said: "We are committed to protecting vulnerable children by cracking down on the ruthless gangs that seek to exploit them and by offering them the support and skills they need to lead lives free of violence.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/27000-children-in-england-say-they-are-gang-members-major-study-warns-a4078631.html


Which really debunks Tommy's irrational claim, about gang members not wanting to work. The vast majority are not of an age when they can work and all of them found in the study are all of a school age. There is clearly a massive problem here with the exploitation by the gang leaders of young vunerable children. Which needs to be tackled



This is pure bullshit!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22769
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:41 am

Thor wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Thor wrote:

Well that is fine then if you want to create and even bigger divide between north and the South say in wealth

So the South east will just pay for its own schooling, health etc?

I think you will find that without London and the South East's wealth, the rest of the country would suffer further, but dont let me get in the way of your really poor idea here

yeah like how the south when it got flooded was provided with umpteen millions of aid whilst cumbria had to "make do"
like how the south got plenty of support but the north was devastated by maggies planned hatred of the industrial north
like how the south was supported and encouraged and paid for from london whilst the north had the biggest jobs and financial collapse since the great depression and still many of its areas are riddled with poverty because ....there are no jobs...just vague promises of "the (mythical) northern powerhouse"

yeah sure the wealth of the south and london is REALLY apparent in the north....Oh and BTW....MY county is richer than yours (apparently)  with more millionaires per square than anywhere else...footballers mainly (apparently) BUT...my local town........is a shite hole due to the collapse of its railway engineering......

Look its not my fault you are a Northern Monkey b  Laughing



Laughing

The reality is here, the wealth of the nation should be spread around evenly and even that does not happen today

The view you have to isolate certain problems and to have towns pay for themselves. Defeats the very essence of what a nation is together

well quite....but we (the shires) didnt start it...London did and is still doing it...... so....

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 am

Well Victor I think its wrong that London does.

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by phildidge on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thor wrote:Thousands of children in England identify as being part of a gang but only a small number are on the radar of authorities, a major report has warned.

It estimates there are around 27,000 child gang members in the country, according to the Children's Commissioner Anne Longfield.

Criminal groups are believed to be recruiting younger children and girls because their "profile" means they are less likely to be known to police.

The findings prompted calls for the Government to designate child criminal exploitation as a "national priority".

Publishing the study, Children's Commissioner Ms Longfield said: "The criminal gangs operating in England are complex and ruthless organisations, using sophisticated techniques to groom children, and chilling levels of violence to keep them compliant.

"At the moment it is too easy for them to succeed. Thousands of children in towns and cities across England are at risk and the same attention must be paid to protecting them as to other major threats to children.

"However, I am worried that all the mistakes that led to serious safeguarding failings in relation to child sexual exploitation in towns and cities up and down the country are now being repeated.

"Many local areas are not facing up to the scale of the problem, they are not taking notice of the risk factors in front of them, and they are not listening to parents and communities who ask for help."

Confidence in child safeguarding arrangements has been rocked by a string of sexual exploitation cases in recent years.

Analysis of crime survey data by the Office of the Children's Commissioner suggests there are 27,000 children aged between 10 and 17 who identify as a member of a street gang.

A street gang is defined as a group of young people who hang around together and have a specific area or territory, have a name or other identifier, possibly have rules or a leader, and who may commit crimes together.

A Government spokeswoman said: "We are committed to protecting vulnerable children by cracking down on the ruthless gangs that seek to exploit them and by offering them the support and skills they need to lead lives free of violence.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/27000-children-in-england-say-they-are-gang-members-major-study-warns-a4078631.html


Which really debunks Tommy's irrational claim, about gang members not wanting to work. The vast majority are not of an age when they can work and all of them found in the study are all of a school age. There is clearly a massive problem here with the exploitation by the gang leaders of young vunerable children. Which needs to be tackled



This is pure bullshit!!!




Why?

You not liking facts again Tommy?

phildidge

Posts : 8162
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's news from London  - Page 7 Empty Re: Today's news from London

Post by Victorismyhero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:45 am

well I'm off to bed...a pox on all you southern lager drinking snot gobblers....... Razz
and besides.....stuff all this nation business

I'm for an independant wales, and we will then unilaterally cede to wales where our presence will be appreciated


big shoutout for Owain Gwynedd...... cheers


Last edited by Lord Foul on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10525
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum