1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Andy on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:25 pm

One in 20 adults in the UK don't believe the Holocaust happened

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/one-20-adults-uk-dont-13913769#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare

Probably the same ratio on here.


Last edited by Andy on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 5759
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by nicko on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:36 pm

I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Labourite.
Labour and far left wingers, all liars and only in it for themselves!
nicko
nicko

Posts : 11996
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Today hundreds of people, including survivors, politicians and members of the public, will gather to mark Holocaust Memorial Day and remember its six million Jewish victims.

Only the Jewish victims? They want people to remember the Holocaust but forget about all the others who died.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33707
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:51 pm

nicko wrote:I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Labourite.
Labour and far left wingers, all liars and only in it for themselves!          

Well...frankly, I can say the same about a capitalist.  And given the affinity between capitalists and Tories and Republicans, we draw the same conclusion: they are all liars and only in it for themselves.

It's too bad that Christ didn't live to create a movement. He was a good guy.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29442
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by phildidge on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Today hundreds of people, including survivors, politicians and members of the public, will gather to mark Holocaust Memorial Day and remember its six million Jewish victims.

Only the Jewish victims? They want people to remember the Holocaust  but forget about all the others who died.

Rags puts her foot in her mouth yet again


Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT) encourages remembrance in a world scarred by genocide. We promote and support Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) – the international day on 27 January to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, the millions of people killed under Nazi Persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur.

27 January marks the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi death camp.

The Holocaust threatened the fabric of civilisation, and genocide must still be resisted every day. Our world often feels fragile and vulnerable and we cannot be complacent. Even in the UK, prejudice and the language of hatred must be challenged by us all.

HMD is for everyone. Each year across the UK, thousands of people come together to learn more about the past and take action to create a safer future. We know they learn more, empathise more and do more.

Together we bear witness for those who endured genocide, and honour the survivors and all those whose lives were changed beyond recognition.

https://www.hmd.org.uk/what-is-holocaust-memorial-day/

phildidge

Posts : 8245
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Raggamuffin on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:37 pm

Didge starts trolling straightaway.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33707
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by phildidge on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Didge starts trolling straightaway.

No, just correcting your ignorance

phildidge

Posts : 8245
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Eilzel on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:03 am

1 in 20 Brits are incredibly stupid or ignorant then (most likely both).

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7838
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by 'Wolfie on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:08 am

nicko wrote:I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Labourite.
Labour and far left wingers, all liars and only in it for themselves!          

Laughing

You really must get out more often, nicko...

Can't be too healthy limiting all your socialising to only far right whingers and fascist nutters..

By your above over-generalisation, you could believe that Ben, eddie, Jules, Cass, Eilzel, Sexy Mama, veya, Quill, Andy, Lurker, sassy, Korben Dallas, as well as myself -- must all be regarded as greedy and untrustworthy "liars", whenever any of us show any compassion for any 'lefty'/liberal/social issues.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7450
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by phildidge on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:14 am

Its even worse in the US.


phildidge

Posts : 8245
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by 'Wolfie on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:14 am

Eilzel wrote:1 in 20 Brits are incredibly stupid or ignorant then (most likely both).

cyclops

I would have thought that figure could have been much higher...

Over in the USA, it often seems that 1 in 5 people can be quite stupid and voluntarily ignorant --  just look at the evidence :  Trump,  climate denialists,  creationism/"I.D.",  poor access to over-priced healthcare,  easy access to guns,  the rise of the corporatist state..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7450
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Eilzel on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:45 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:1 in 20 Brits are incredibly stupid or ignorant then (most likely both).

cyclops

I would have thought that figure could have been much higher...

Over in the USA, it often seems that 1 in 5 people can be quite stupid and voluntarily ignorant --  just look at the evidence :  Trump,  climate denialists,  creationism/"I.D.",  poor access to over-priced healthcare,  easy access to guns,  the rise of the corporatist state..

Yeah, definitely higher: the 1 in 20 are just the extreme cases. Where not allowing people to start families actually begins to look like a reasonable course of action Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7838
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:01 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:1 in 20 Brits are incredibly stupid or ignorant then (most likely both).

cyclops

I would have thought that figure could have been much higher...

Over in the USA, it often seems that 1 in 5 people can be quite stupid and voluntarily ignorant --  just look at the evidence :  Trump,  climate denialists,  creationism/"I.D.",  poor access to over-priced healthcare,  easy access to guns,  the rise of the corporatist state..


Just saying "trump" is meaningless wafffle...


"Climate denialists"... again... nobody is denying that the climate is subject to change... as it has always changed... in fact most of the last 2000 years and 10000 years have been scientifically proven to have been warmer than today!


The theory of evolution has more holes than a Swiss cheese... and well documented in scientific archaeological studies!


I support the UK NHS... and see no reason why the US can't implement a US NHS.


Here in the UK... guns are heavily restricted for vast majority of law abiding citizens... but all this does is prevent the vast majority of law abiding citizens from having guns as a means of protecting themselves... as the vast majority of criminals have easy access to guns, and don't care about any restrictions... in fact, the restrictions on regular law abiding citizens having guns actually means that the criminal with a gun is so much more powerful than everyone else given that they are able to possess weaponry to use against other law abiding citizens who are restricted from defending themselves with such weaponry themselves...!


The EU is a prime example of the "rise of the corporatist state"... favouring the benefit of a few big businesses over democracy... which is why I voted to leave the EU...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22814
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Eilzel on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:01 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:1 in 20 Brits are incredibly stupid or ignorant then (most likely both).

cyclops

I would have thought that figure could have been much higher...

Over in the USA, it often seems that 1 in 5 people can be quite stupid and voluntarily ignorant --  just look at the evidence :  Trump,  climate denialists,  creationism/"I.D.",  poor access to over-priced healthcare,  easy access to guns,  the rise of the corporatist state..


Just saying "trump" is meaningless wafffle...


"Climate denialists"... again... nobody is denying that the climate is subject to change... as it has always changed... in fact most of the last 2000 years and 10000 years have been scientifically proven to have been warmer than today!


The theory of evolution has more holes than a Swiss cheese... and well documented in scientific archaeological studies!


I support the UK NHS... and see no reason why the US can't implement a US NHS.


Here in the UK... guns are heavily restricted for vast majority of law abiding citizens... but all this does is prevent the vast majority of law abiding citizens from having guns as a means of protecting themselves... as the vast majority of criminals have easy access to guns, and don't care about any restrictions... in fact, the restrictions on regular law abiding citizens having guns actually means that the criminal with a gun is so much more powerful than everyone else given that they are able to possess weaponry to use against other law abiding citizens who are restricted from defending themselves with such weaponry themselves...!


The EU is a prime example of the "rise of the corporatist state"... favouring the benefit of a few big businesses over democracy... which is why I voted to leave the EU...!



And as a result of that, I guess the rate gun crime is MUCH higher than in America. OH wait? What's that? It ISN'T?

Of course it isn't. Why? Because less easy access to gun in general results in LESS gun crime. OBVIOUSLY.

I can't believe you, as a Brit, seem to be arguing FOR less gun control?!

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7838
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Andy on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:48 am

Jeez, imagine gun crazed far right wingers being allowed free reign with weapons.
Anyone left of Genghis Khan would have to wear bullet proof vests.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 5759
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Victorismyhero on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:50 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:1 in 20 Brits are incredibly stupid or ignorant then (most likely both).

cyclops

I would have thought that figure could have been much higher...

Over in the USA, it often seems that 1 in 5 people can be quite stupid and voluntarily ignorant --  just look at the evidence :  Trump,  climate denialists,  creationism/"I.D.",  poor access to over-priced healthcare,  easy access to guns,  the rise of the corporatist state..


Just saying "trump" is meaningless wafffle...


"Climate denialists"... again... nobody is denying that the climate is subject to change... as it has always changed... in fact most of the last 2000 years and 10000 years have been scientifically proven to have been warmer than today!


The theory of evolution has more holes than a Swiss cheese... and well documented in scientific archaeological studies!


I support the UK NHS... and see no reason why the US can't implement a US NHS.


Here in the UK... guns are heavily restricted for vast majority of law abiding citizens... but all this does is prevent the vast majority of law abiding citizens from having guns as a means of protecting themselves... as the vast majority of criminals have easy access to guns, and don't care about any restrictions... in fact, the restrictions on regular law abiding citizens having guns actually means that the criminal with a gun is so much more powerful than everyone else given that they are able to possess weaponry to use against other law abiding citizens who are restricted from defending themselves with such weaponry themselves...!


The EU is a prime example of the "rise of the corporatist state"... favouring the benefit of a few big businesses over democracy... which is why I voted to leave the EU...!



And as a result of that, I guess the rate gun crime is MUCH higher than in America. OH wait? What's that? It ISN'T?

Of course it isn't. Why? Because less easy access to gun in general results in LESS gun crime. OBVIOUSLY.


I can't believe you, as a Brit, seem to be arguing FOR less gun control?!

Les, thats not entirely true.....a larger part of the fact gun crime is and historically was, (even in the 30's and 40's when guns were virtually unrestricted here), far far less than that in america is that the brit mind set is (was) different, until we got the crop of enrichers over here, guns were NOT in great favour over here within the criminal community, due in part to our excellent way of dealing with "gun men". Yes, it still did occur, but at a very very low level.

_________________
If at any time in 2018 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2019 AINT gonna be any different

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 10528
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Eilzel on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:18 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:1 in 20 Brits are incredibly stupid or ignorant then (most likely both).

cyclops

I would have thought that figure could have been much higher...

Over in the USA, it often seems that 1 in 5 people can be quite stupid and voluntarily ignorant --  just look at the evidence :  Trump,  climate denialists,  creationism/"I.D.",  poor access to over-priced healthcare,  easy access to guns,  the rise of the corporatist state..


Just saying "trump" is meaningless wafffle...


"Climate denialists"... again... nobody is denying that the climate is subject to change... as it has always changed... in fact most of the last 2000 years and 10000 years have been scientifically proven to have been warmer than today!


The theory of evolution has more holes than a Swiss cheese... and well documented in scientific archaeological studies!


I support the UK NHS... and see no reason why the US can't implement a US NHS.


Here in the UK... guns are heavily restricted for vast majority of law abiding citizens... but all this does is prevent the vast majority of law abiding citizens from having guns as a means of protecting themselves... as the vast majority of criminals have easy access to guns, and don't care about any restrictions... in fact, the restrictions on regular law abiding citizens having guns actually means that the criminal with a gun is so much more powerful than everyone else given that they are able to possess weaponry to use against other law abiding citizens who are restricted from defending themselves with such weaponry themselves...!


The EU is a prime example of the "rise of the corporatist state"... favouring the benefit of a few big businesses over democracy... which is why I voted to leave the EU...!



And as a result of that, I guess the rate gun crime is MUCH higher than in America. OH wait? What's that? It ISN'T?

Of course it isn't. Why? Because less easy access to gun in general results in LESS gun crime. OBVIOUSLY.


I can't believe you, as a Brit, seem to be arguing FOR less gun control?!

Les, thats not entirely true.....a larger part of the fact gun crime is and historically was, (even in the 30's and 40's when guns were virtually unrestricted here), far far less than that in america is that the brit mind set is (was) different, until we got the crop of enrichers over here, guns were NOT in great favour over here within the criminal community, due in part to our excellent way of dealing with "gun men". Yes, it still did occur, but at a very very low level.

Fair points. Nevertheless, with growing populations all round it can hardly be denied that the reason gun crime remains extremely low in the UK is in part also to do with the lack of easy availability of guns. And any relaxing of gun laws in the UK would likely have a negative impact.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 7838
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Vintage on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:12 pm

OK I'm going to say it, what was the ethnic demographic of those asked?
It could make a huge difference, if you are from somewhere other than Europe and a couple of generations away from WW2, I doubt it would be a national topic or even a lesson if indeed you went to traditional school .

Vintage

Posts : 2087
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


Just saying "trump" is meaningless wafffle...


"Climate denialists"... again... nobody is denying that the climate is subject to change... as it has always changed... in fact most of the last 2000 years and 10000 years have been scientifically proven to have been warmer than today!


The theory of evolution has more holes than a Swiss cheese... and well documented in scientific archaeological studies!


I support the UK NHS... and see no reason why the US can't implement a US NHS.


Here in the UK... guns are heavily restricted for vast majority of law abiding citizens... but all this does is prevent the vast majority of law abiding citizens from having guns as a means of protecting themselves... as the vast majority of criminals have easy access to guns, and don't care about any restrictions... in fact, the restrictions on regular law abiding citizens having guns actually means that the criminal with a gun is so much more powerful than everyone else given that they are able to possess weaponry to use against other law abiding citizens who are restricted from defending themselves with such weaponry themselves...!


The EU is a prime example of the "rise of the corporatist state"... favouring the benefit of a few big businesses over democracy... which is why I voted to leave the EU...!



And as a result of that, I guess the rate gun crime is MUCH higher than in America. OH wait? What's that? It ISN'T?

Of course it isn't. Why? Because less easy access to gun in general results in LESS gun crime. OBVIOUSLY.

I can't believe you, as a Brit, seem to be arguing FOR less gun control?!


Guns are prevalent in Canada pretty much like in the US... but gun crime in Canada is ultra low in comparison.


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22814
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:17 pm

Vintage wrote:OK I'm going to say it, what was the ethnic demographic of those asked?
It could make a huge difference, if you are from somewhere other than Europe and a couple of generations away from WW2, I doubt it would be a national topic or even a lesson if indeed you went to traditional school .


1 in 20 is 5 %... Muslims make up about 5% of UK population... coincidence...?

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Posts : 22814
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:29 pm

I'd like to see the actual questions which were asked. It might be that some people just don't know much about the Holocaust. I do know one person on forums who said that people weren't gassed. He was a leftie.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33707
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'd like to see the actual questions which were asked. It might be that some people just don't know much about the Holocaust. I do know one person on forums who said that people weren't gassed. He was a leftie.

Did he state he was a "leftie", or is that your judgment that you are passing off as fact?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29442
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by phildidge on Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'd like to see the actual questions which were asked. It might be that some people just don't know much about the Holocaust. I do know one person on forums who said that people weren't gassed. He was a leftie.

http://cc-69bd.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Holocaust-Knowledge-and-Awareness-Study-%E2%80%93-Topline-Results-1-1.pdf

Here is a similar one done before

phildidge

Posts : 8245
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'd like to see the actual questions which were asked. It might be that some people just don't know much about the Holocaust. I do know one person on forums who said that people weren't gassed. He was a leftie.

Did he state he was a "leftie", or is that your judgment that you are passing off as fact?

Why? Do you think that a leftie couldn't possibly believe that?

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33707
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Original Quill on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Did he state he was a "leftie", or is that your judgment that you are passing off as fact?

Why? Do you think that a leftie couldn't possibly believe that?

I have no opinion. I don't know the guy, or I'd ask him.

Did he state he was a "leftie"?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29442
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Raggamuffin on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why? Do you think that a leftie couldn't possibly believe that?

I have no opinion.  I don't know the guy, or I'd ask him.

Did he state he was a "leftie"?

Why are you asking if he stated he was a leftie?

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33707
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened. Empty Re: 1 in 20 Brits don't believe the holocaust happened.

Post by Original Quill on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:41 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I have no opinion.  I don't know the guy, or I'd ask him.

Did he state he was a "leftie"?

Why are you asking if he stated he was a leftie?


Because you stated he was a leftie. I would like the full story. Did he declare himself to be a "leftie" or is this your interpretation?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Posts : 29442
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 54
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum