BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Andy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 pm

For expressing a profoundly biased pro Brexit Conservative agenda.
Which is completely against the Box's own rules of impartiality.
Did anyone else see him being owned by Owen Jones last night?
Neil resorted to outright lies, and still edits the Spectator magazine, which still defends the Wehrmacht, and it's writer, Rod Liddle proclaims the Conservative needs more anti Islam.
,Big war of words on Twitter.

BBC rules of impartiality.

4.4.12

News in whatever form must be treated with due impartiality, giving due weight to events, opinion and main strands of argument.  The approach and tone of news stories must always reflect our editorial values, including our commitment to impartiality.

4.4.13

Presenters, reporters and correspondents are the public face and voice of the BBC - they can have a significant impact on perceptions of whether due impartiality has been achieved.  Our audiences should not be able to tell from BBC output the personal prejudices of our journalists or news and current affairs presenters on matters of public policy, political or industrial controversy, or on 'controversial subjects' in any other area.  They may provide professional judgements, rooted in evidence, but may not express personal views in BBC output, including online, on such matters.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 pm

A clip would be helpful or at least a link?

For then people to judge

Thorin

Posts : 9799
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Andy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Best I can get, Thor.

It's worth reading the Twitter thread to et some reaction. Even Jones haters are aghast.

https://twitter.com/bbcthisweek/status/1083519714431627264

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 pm

Andy wrote:Best I can get, Thor.

It's worth reading the Twitter thread to et some reaction. Even Jones haters are aghast.

https://twitter.com/bbcthisweek/status/1083519714431627264


What does any of that have to do with Brexit Andy, that clip?

I would also like to see the articles on the Spectator he claims is supporting the Far right

Owen Jones it seems to me dodged the questions

Thorin

Posts : 9799
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Here is the full video 


Thorin

Posts : 9799
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Andy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:53 pm

I am no fan of Owen Jones, he is annoying and a bit one dimensional.
My point is that the Political/news show HOST must be, according to the BBC rulesof impartiality, be NEUTRAL, or as near to dammit unbiased.
David Dimbleby managed it quite well, fair play, as he was a Conservative supporting Bullingdon boy, but rarely let it show.

Neil has become a embarrassment. His Spectator is haapy to publish fro Fascist reports and a few of it's guest writers such as Rod Liddle are openly racist.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:57 pm

Andy wrote:I am no fan of Owen Jones, he is annoying and a bit one dimensional.
My point is that the Political/news show HOST must be, according to the BBC rulesof impartiality, be NEUTRAL, or as near to dammit unbiased.
David Dimbleby managed it quite well, fair play, as he was a Conservative supporting Bullingdon boy, but rarely let it show.

Neil has become a embarrassment. His Spectator is haapy to publish fro Fascist reports and a few of it's guest writers such as Rod Liddle are openly racist.


I am watching the video at the moment and as of yet see no case to be had of your claim Andy

Still 7 minutes to watch

Thorin

Posts : 9799
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Andy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1083525706141839362

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6214
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 62
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Thorin on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 pm

So just watched the whole video which is there for all to watch and at no point did he express a pro-brexit agenda

I have no idea what you were watching Andy, as this was about the Far right and Owen Jones claiming its being fueled by the Media in this country. Andrew, claimed rightly, that unlike the rest of the EU, that the far right do not have any seats in parliment. Owen then tried to avoid many questions about if his claim was the same to the media in France and Germany, where the Far right actually have seats.

The only two individuals that argued over Brexit was Michael Portillo and Owen Jones

So I will conclude your claim is utterly false

Thorin

Posts : 9799
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by nicko on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Owen Jones is a silly little boy still in nappies,For a truly example of bias, look at the Speaker, he may as well wear a Labour Hat !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12671
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Andy wrote:For expressing a profoundly biased pro Brexit Conservative agenda.
Which is completely against the Box's own rules of impartiality.
Did anyone else see him being owned by Owen Jones last night?
Neil resorted to outright lies, and still edits the Spectator magazine, which still defends the Wehrmacht, and it's writer, Rod Liddle proclaims the Conservative needs more anti Islam.
,Big war of words on Twitter.

BBC rules of impartiality.

4.4.12

News in whatever form must be treated with due impartiality, giving due weight to events, opinion and main strands of argument.  The approach and tone of news stories must always reflect our editorial values, including our commitment to impartiality.

4.4.13

Presenters, reporters and correspondents are the public face and voice of the BBC - they can have a significant impact on perceptions of whether due impartiality has been achieved.  Our audiences should not be able to tell from BBC output the personal prejudices of our journalists or news and current affairs presenters on matters of public policy, political or industrial controversy, or on 'controversial subjects' in any other area.  They may provide professional judgements, rooted in evidence, but may not express personal views in BBC output, including online, on such matters.

The principles of party political impartiality laid down in the 1920s by the BBC's first Director General Sir John (later Lord) Reith and incorporated into the BBC's Royal Charter have been out of the window for at least 20 years. The institution is now overtly Left Wing, and was even once described by a more recent DG as being "massively" Left Wing.

The format of Neil's show is deliberately combative - it's his style and that's why he was chosen to front the programme.

By comparison, Owen is a lightweight; a typical Labour-supporting Guardianista who is utterly incapable of recognising that anyone could possibly entertain any political view other than his own standpoint, let alone an unquestioning Labour standpoint.

Andrew Neil literally squashed him, game, set and match. New balls please.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 2921
Join date : 2014-01-23

Back to top Go down

BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked. Empty Re: BBC's Andrew Neil should resign or be sacked.

Post by nicko on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:34 am

So very true !
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12671
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum