Do you ever have a day when you do....

Go down

Do you ever have a day when you do.... Empty Do you ever have a day when you do....

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Sod all?
Got up this morning (late) looked out the window, it's freezing cold and foggy, and there was absolutely nothing to do that I couldn't put off till tomorrow, so, I have had one of the least productive days I can ever remember having...and it feels GOOD. Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do you ever have a day when you do.... Empty Re: Do you ever have a day when you do....

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Syl wrote:Sod all?
Got up this morning (late) looked out the window, it's freezing cold and foggy, and there was absolutely nothing to do that I couldn't put off till tomorrow, so, I have had one of the least productive days I can ever remember having...and it feels GOOD. Cool

Yes. But a fuck all to do day usually involves me making stuff. Yesterday I made a set of fairy lights....I kid you not. bounce
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do you ever have a day when you do.... Empty Re: Do you ever have a day when you do....

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:44 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Yes.  But  a fuck all to do day usually involves me making stuff.   Yesterday I made a set of fairy lights....I kid you not. bounce

Are you not sick of seeing fairy lights? they have only just been packed away. Razz

I dont count a day doing arty stuff as a day doing nothing....you have to channel your inner lazy slob and do nothing more productive than clean your teeth (I managed that about 2pm) to claim you have done absolutely sod all all day.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Talking about Fairy lights, a few Months ago I put a string of Fairy lights along the top of my fence, mainly for the kids benefit . A week or two back I switched on my CCTV and watched my cat pull them off and walk down the lane trailing them behind him. Pity they'd pulled off the Solar thing, it would have looked amazing if they were still shining .
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 pm

nicko wrote:Talking about Fairy lights,   a few Months ago I put a string of Fairy lights along the top of my fence, mainly for the kids benefit . A week or two back I switched on my CCTV and watched my cat pull them off and walk down the lane trailing them behind him. Pity they'd pulled off the Solar thing, it would have looked amazing if they were still shining .

cat I wish you could post pics, then we could see this cat you are always talking about. Cool cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:27 pm

I wish I could, I'll try giving you a description. Imagine a smaller version of a Black Panther. With one ear shredded, A tail bent about 4 inches from the end, a 1inch scar just above his left eye, and an angry disposition. He will attack any Dog even German Shepherds. But he will welcome me home with Tail erect and little cries, and will fight anyone who tries to stop him coming in my Bed, His name is Scuff !
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 pm

PS, I found a little Female Kitten in my shed months ago, I thought he would attack it, wonder of wonders he "looked after it" and would let it feed from his dish, her name was mitzie. Went out one night and never came back.
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yes.  But  a fuck all to do day usually involves me making stuff.   Yesterday I made a set of fairy lights....I kid you not. bounce

Are you not sick of seeing fairy lights? they have only just been packed away. Razz

I dont count a day doing arty stuff as a day doing nothing....you have to channel your inner lazy slob and do nothing more productive than clean your teeth (I managed that about 2pm) to claim you have done absolutely sod all all day.

No. I love fairy lights. I have them up all year round.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:34 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

No.  I love fairy lights.  I have them up all year round.

Same here, I'm seriously stressed because I recently moved and I can't get my jalapeno pepper lights to work. Got a new string on order though.

As far as doing fuck-all all day, well, I'm currently unemployed by choice and I find myself busier than when I had a job some days Laughing But a lot of that has just been the move.

-Old 97s
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phildidge on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Same here, I'm seriously stressed because I recently moved and I can't get my jalapeno pepper lights to work. Got a new string on order though.

As far as doing fuck-all all day, well, I'm currently unemployed by choice and I find myself busier than when I had a job some days Laughing But a lot of that has just been the move.

Have you now moved to the UK Ben?

If so, congratulations

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Thor wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

If so, congratulations

Nah, still need to save up/earn the dolla, fam.

But I'm coming soon and staying for more than 2 months!

-Old 97s
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Yep. I do fuck all on Sundays. Except eat my whole house and everything in it and more besides.
I stay on the sofa going “Buuuuuuuuuurgerrrrrr” and watch back to back episodes of Judge Judy.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:08 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I feel your pain.  My old red cherry lights kicked the bucket after years of service.   Twatting things.

So now I've got peonies up. They look much nicer in the flesh. Camera doesn't catch the lovely light they give out.

Do you ever have a day when you do.... 49686364_10156239668867753_1194327471831384064_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm

eddie wrote:Yep. I do fuck all on Sundays. Except eat my whole house and everything in it and more besides.
I stay on the sofa going “Buuuuuuuuuurgerrrrrr” and watch back to back episodes of Judge Judy.

I love Judge Judy
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 am

I watch her from around 7 to 8pm some evenings.
She is great, and probably earns more in her 70,s than she did throughout her life.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 am

nicko wrote:I wish I could,  I'll try giving you a description.  Imagine a smaller version of a Black Panther.   With one ear shredded, A tail bent about 4 inches from the end, a 1inch scar just above his left eye, and an angry disposition. He will attack any Dog even German Shepherds. But he will welcome me home with Tail erect and little cries, and will fight anyone who tries to stop him coming in my Bed,  His name is Scuff !

Awww...he should be called Rocky. Cool
He obviously loves you as much as you love him.....not that cats will ever admit it. I love you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:13 pm

Got up this morning (late), looked out of the window....bright and sunny and nothing specific to do. But there, on my lawn, was brace of cock pheasants using my garden as a refuge from one of the neighbouring farmer's (very lucrative) pheasant shoots. Free dinner? Nah, too much trouble to unlock the gun cabinet.

Bloody hell! I must be getting old................
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Got up this morning (late), looked out of the window....bright and sunny and nothing specific to do.  But there, on my lawn, was brace of cock pheasants using my garden as a refuge from one of the neighbouring farmer's (very lucrative) pheasant shoots. Free dinner? Nah, too much trouble to unlock the gun cabinet.

Good on you Fred, those birdies live to dodge bullets for another day.
I paid the price for lolling about doing sweet sod all yesterday, I have been running around playing catch up today trying to make up for it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Got up this morning (late), looked out of the window....bright and sunny and nothing specific to do.  But there, on my lawn, was brace of cock pheasants using my garden as a refuge from one of the neighbouring farmer's (very lucrative) pheasant shoots. Free dinner? Nah, too much trouble to unlock the gun cabinet.

Good on you Fred, those birdies live to dodge bullets for another day.
I paid the price for lolling about doing sweet sod all yesterday, I have been running around playing catch up today trying to make up for it.

The truth is, of course, that while I am very adapt at shooting the buggers, I am absolutely useless at plucking, gutting and cooking them.

Plus...the new lady in my life is a bloody veggie!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phildidge on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Thor wrote:

If so, congratulations

Nah, still need to save up/earn the dolla, fam.

But I'm coming soon and staying for more than 2 months!

Glad to hear you are coming over soon for a long stay.

Happy days

cheers

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phildidge on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:28 pm

eddie wrote:Yep. I do fuck all on Sundays. Except eat my whole house and everything in it and more besides.

Judge Judy, kicks arse.... Laughing

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:42 am

Syl wrote:I watch her from around 7 to 8pm some evenings.
She is great, and probably earns more in her 70,s than she did throughout her life.

She's so sharp. You don't ever get one over on her.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:52 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I watch her from around 7 to 8pm some evenings.

She's so sharp.   You don't ever get one over on her.

I'M SPEAKING. Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 am

I like Judge Rinder, clever, and funny with it !
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:20 pm

nicko wrote:I like Judge Rinder, clever, and funny with it !

He was good on Strictly come dancing.

For some reason I always think Didge would look like him. Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum