Police arrest protester who told children that Santa wasn't real

Go down

Police arrest protester who told children that Santa wasn't real Empty Police arrest protester who told children that Santa wasn't real

Post by phildidge on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:06 am

Police in Texas say they arrested a 31-year-old protester who told children that Santa Claus was not real.

Aaron Urbanski was arrested for trespass after officers were called to a church in Cleburne, North Texas, which was hosting breakfast with Father Christmas.

Heather Johnson, a mother of four young children, said two men confronted her as she made her way into the church with her family and said, "Do you let your kids believe in a fake Santa or do they know who Jesus is?”

"When I told them not to ruin Santa and Christmas for my kids they started to shout out that Santa was not real and that I was wrong for teaching them that," she told NBC 5. "I got really verbal with them over it."

Police said they arrived to find three demonstrators outside the church.

Urbanski was arrested after refusing to leave, officers said. He has been charged with criminal trespass.

Scott Cain, the mayor of Cleburne, said he would increase security for Sunday's Christmas parade through the town of 30,000 people.

"Are you kidding me - Protesting Santa?" he wrote on his Facebook page. "While I understand folks right to protest, Cleburne loves Santa and those protesters who were naughty and broke the law when they trespassed were arrested promptly.

"Guess they wanted coal in their stockings to go with a court appearance."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/09/police-arrest-protester-told-children-santa-wasnt-real/

phildidge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Police arrest protester who told children that Santa wasn't real Empty Re: Police arrest protester who told children that Santa wasn't real

Post by Original Quill on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Criminal trespass is against the law.  It's not as if he was arrested for his beliefs.

What bothers me is "three demonstrators [were] outside the church."  Was Urbanski among the three?  If they were on public property, arrest for expressing viewpoints on public property--limited only by TPM restrictions--is unconstitutional (First Amendment).

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum