Muslim Theory of Evolution

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Impressive. So what happened to their forward thinking after the 13th century? Did something important happen then? What changed their philosophy from scientific to spiritual/creationist?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:52 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:http://pu.edu.pk/images/journal/uoc/PDF-FILES/(11)%20Dr.%20Sultan%20Shah_86_2.pdf

One for Didge   lol! 


lol why for me Zack?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:02 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:


lol why for me Zack?

Evolution, religion. Some of your favourite subjects.

I thought this would blow your mind. Maybe I was wrong.


Why, I think only of evolution as a theory, though its good to see some Muslims also believe in evolution.

Many people long before Darwin published his views held similar views, this not something new

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Tess. wrote:Impressive.  So what happened to their forward thinking after the 13th century?  Did something important happen then? What changed their philosophy from scientific to spiritual/creationist?

I think they started copying the religious groups in the West.

Not such a fat flung hypothesis.  I think this still happens today.
That's true. I suppose at the end of the day violent religious fanatics will always get the better of quiet intelligent philosophers. Society's like a see-saw - soon as it reaches the pinnacle down it goes again. Probably been happening for millennia.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Tess. wrote:Impressive.  So what happened to their forward thinking after the 13th century?  Did something important happen then? What changed their philosophy from scientific to spiritual/creationist?

The Mongols
http://lostislamichistory.com/mongols/

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:05 am

Please..not men made of clay again,ffs!! Laughing

This thread sure to get Farithah back who claims science is nonsense , debunks itself and religion debunks science!! ::smthg:: 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by gerber on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:19 am

lets all get a Beagle.

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
gerber
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:23 am

No men of mud JD.

From the first page:

Charles Darwin is believed to
be the first proponent of the
evolutionary theory. This paper theorizes another point of
view in this regard. Many a Muslim philosopher had already
discussed the concept of evolution in their writings prior to
Darwin. The pre-Darwinian Muslim scholars provided
sufficient materials to Darwin
for his theory of evolution
who gave it scientific language. John William Draper, a
contemporary of Darwin, called it the "
Mohammadan
Theory
of Evolution
". Darwin himself knew Arabic and had
the direct access to Arabic lite
rature. He was initiated into
Islamic Culture in the Faculty
of Religion at the University
of Cambridge. Thus, it can be said that he derived the raw
material of his theory from oriental literature.


Goes all funny when you copy it, but it's a very interesting read.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by gerber on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:30 am

Sassy wrote:No men of mud JD.

From the first page:

Charles Darwin is believed to
be the first proponent of the
evolutionary theory. This paper theorizes another point of
view in this regard. Many a Muslim philosopher had already
discussed the concept of evolution in their writings prior to
Darwin. The pre-Darwinian Muslim scholars provided
sufficient materials to Darwin
for his theory of evolution
who gave it scientific language. John William Draper, a
contemporary of Darwin, called it the "
Mohammadan
Theory
of Evolution
". Darwin himself knew Arabic and had
the direct access to Arabic lite
rature. He was initiated into
Islamic Culture in the Faculty
of Religion at the University
of Cambridge. Thus, it can be said that he derived the raw
material of his theory from oriental literature.


Goes all funny when you copy it, but it's a very interesting read.

He was a hunk though when he was portrayed on the Beeb...............

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
gerber
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:32 am

Lol, aren't they all when they are protrayed on the Beeb, none of them are ever ugly. Night.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by gerber on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:40 am

Sassy wrote:Lol, aren't they all when they are protrayed on the Beeb, none of them are ever ugly.   Night.

Night


Will now have head on pillow thinking of Darcy emerging from lake in white linen shirt................

Sleep tight...................I will  :D 

_________________
If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
gerber
gerber

Posts : 2317
Join date : 2013-12-14

Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:42 am

@Fuzzy
LOL not Before......

The Destruction of Baghdad

Baghdad had been established in 762 by the Abbasid Caliph al-Mansur. Throughout its history, it had been the capital of the Muslims, as well as the world in general. The libraries of Baghdad were unrivaled. The House of Wisdom, established soon after the city was built, was a magnet for the most intelligent scientists, thinkers, mathematicians, and linguists of the world. The caliphs were patrons of literature, science, and the arts.

Although by the mid-1200s much of the glamour and importance of Baghdad was gone. The caliphs were figureheads more interested in worldly pleasures than serving God through serving the people. The Abbasid army was effectively non-existent, and only served as bodyguards of the caliph. And the scientific achievements of the Muslim world were now centered in places such as Cairo, Muslim Spain, and India.


The Mongol army besieging Baghdad

It was at this historic and landmark city that the Mongols arrived in 1258. Their army, estimated at over 150,000 soldiers, stood before the city that was just a shadow of the great capital of the Muslim world of the 800s. The siege began in mid-January and only lasted two weeks. On February 13th, 1258, the Mongols entered the city of the caliphs.

A full week of pillage and destruction commenced. The Mongols showed no discretion, destroying mosques, hospitals, libraries, and palaces. The books from Baghdad’s libraries were thrown into the Tigris River in such quantities that the river ran black with the ink from the books. The world will never truly know the extent of what knowledge was lost forever when those books were thrown into the river or burned.

More important than the books, however, was the loss of life. It is estimated that between 200,000 and 1,000,000 people were butchered in that one week of destruction. Baghdad was left completely depopulated and uninhabitable. It would take centuries for Baghdad to regain any sort of prominence as an important city.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:29 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:@Fuzzy
LOL not Before......

The Destruction of Baghdad

Baghdad had been established in 762 by the Abbasid Caliph al-Mansur. Throughout its history, it had been the capital of the Muslims, as well as the world in general. The libraries of Baghdad were unrivaled. The House of Wisdom, established soon after the city was built, was a magnet for the most intelligent scientists, thinkers, mathematicians, and linguists of the world. The caliphs were patrons of literature, science, and the arts.

Although by the mid-1200s much of the glamour and importance of Baghdad was gone. The caliphs were figureheads more interested in worldly pleasures than serving God through serving the people. The Abbasid army was effectively non-existent, and only served as bodyguards of the caliph. And the scientific achievements of the Muslim world were now centered in places such as Cairo, Muslim Spain, and India.


The Mongol army besieging Baghdad

It was at this historic and landmark city that the Mongols arrived in 1258. Their army, estimated at over 150,000 soldiers, stood before the city that was just a shadow of the great capital of the Muslim world of the 800s. The siege began in mid-January and only lasted two weeks. On February 13th, 1258, the Mongols entered the city of the caliphs.

A full week of pillage and destruction commenced. The Mongols showed no discretion, destroying mosques, hospitals, libraries, and palaces. The books from Baghdad’s libraries were thrown into the Tigris River in such quantities that the river ran black with the ink from the books. The world will never truly know the extent of what knowledge was lost forever when those books were thrown into the river or burned.

More important than the books, however, was the loss of life. It is estimated that between 200,000 and 1,000,000 people were butchered in that one week of destruction. Baghdad was left completely depopulated and uninhabitable. It would take centuries for Baghdad to regain any sort of prominence as an important city.

But over time, Mongol tribes converted to Islam and returned to philosophy and science. Not to the scale of the Baghdad.

I guess I'm say: stop having a go at the Mongols. :D

Most Mongols did not covert to Islam (they are too smart for that tongue ) the Ilkhanate are a small sect, the majority became Manchurian (Buddhists).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilkhanate
was a breakaway state of the Mongol Empire, which was ruled by the Mongol House of Hulagu. It was established in the 13th century and was based primarily in Persia as well as neighboring territories

The Mongols actually did rule over a period of peace and prosperity mainly because they cared so little about religion that they would not tolerate any sort of fanatic or zealot.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Muslim Theory of Evolution Empty Re: Muslim Theory of Evolution

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:43 am

BUT the OP is wrong
No One calls Darwin the Father of evolution except the uneducated.
Lamarck had already published papers on evolution a generation before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Lamarck

Darwins Actual claim to fame is the First (if you exclude the hard done by Wallace) to say it was not the work of god or some sort of Planned path, but a 'random trial of new genetic material where the driver of evolution is SURVIVAL'.
http://www.alfredwallace.org/intelligent-evolution.php

there were plenty of people that could see the Pattern of Evolution, only a blind fool cannot see it.  Wink  Wink  Wink 

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum