Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Go down

Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:02 am

University students are refusing to use the words 'woman' and 'women' because they have been deemed 'offensive' and include the word 'man'.

Instead, members of the female sex are being referred to as 'womxn' by students at both Goldsmiths, University of London and Kings College London. At Goldsmiths, the Students Union has ceased to use the words women and woman in its publications, since 'womxn' has been deemed more 'inclusive' of all students, including those who identify as transgender.

Elsewhere in the city, societies including the 'KCL Womxn in Physics' club at King's College are also using the word.

Posts on social media pages run by the Goldsmiths Student Union have advertised 'womxn's yoga' and 'womxn's events' over the last six weeks, although there was no official announcement regarding the decision.

The last time the term 'women' was used on the official Goldsmith Students Union Facebook was October 12, as an event for 'Black Women in Academia' was advertised.

The word 'womxn' on Urban Dictionary is described as: 'A spelling of "women" that is a more progressive term that not only sheds light on the prejudice, discrimination, and institutional barriers womxn have faced, but to also show that womxn are not the extension of men (as hinted by the classic Bible story of ) but their own free and separate entities. More intersectional than because it includes trans-women and women of color.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6428225/Snowflake-students-replace-word-women-WOMXN-traditional-spelling-contains-man.html


Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:05 am

Ah, silly post-millennials. It was "womyn" back in the early 90s. They should learn from their elders.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24867
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:07 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:Ah, silly post-millennials. It was "womyn" back in the early 90s. They should learn from their elders.

Even further back than that Ben

Rejection of the word 'woman' dates back to the Seventies when the word 'womyn' was adopted by feminists to delete the word 'man' .

It was believed the original noun made females seem inherently reliant on man.

However, 'womyn' was controversial because it was seen as being associated with white, cisgender (a person whose gender identity matches their sex at birth) feminism.

Its getting comical now, this madness by some of these students

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:38 am

study

Must be something in the water over there in some of those uni's...

Could equally blame the media as well, for even giving airtime to that little bunch of misguided and ill-begotten miscreants..

I would have thought that those good " 'Womxn in Physics Club" wimmin-folk would be better off spending their time watching reruns of 'The Big Bang Theory', rather than dreaming up ever new ways to alienate themselves further from the general community.

I wonder what those fragile little flowers will do when they get out into the real world --  and find out that nobody else is listening to their infantile mutterings..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6427
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:50 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:study

Must be something in the water over there in some of those uni's...

Could equally blame the media as well, for even giving airtime to that little bunch of misguided and ill-begotten miscreants..

I would have thought that those good " 'Womxn in Physics Club" wimmin-folk would be better off spending their time watching reruns of 'The Big Bang Theory', rather than dreaming up ever new ways to alienate themselves further from the general community.

I wonder what those fragile little flowers will do when they get out into the real world --  and find out that nobody else is listening to their infantile mutterings..

lol!

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by nicko on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:26 am

some of these "Ladies" want their arses kicked !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10478
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by eddie on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:52 am

People love to whine over something. Usually it’s because they enjoy feeling like a victim.
There’s an expression for it, but can’t think what it is.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36207
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by HoratioTarr on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 pm

eddie wrote:People love to whine over something. Usually it’s because they enjoy feeling like a victim.
There’s an expression for it, but can’t think what it is.

This is how people behave when they have vacuous, meaningless lives and too much time on their hands.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8616
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:14 pm

STOP student loan, STOP student grants, and remove from university studies ALL but the sciences and classics.

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9773
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:03 pm

What is wrong with these idiots...!!!???



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21192
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:58 am

That excellent British satirical magazine Private Eye has been lampooning the the barmy activities of "wimmin" for decades.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Eilzel on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 am

Lord Foul wrote:STOP student loan, STOP student grants, and remove from university studies ALL but the sciences and classics.

Stop student loans and grants? So universities should only be for the very rich then?

And when you say classics, I hope you mean things like English, Maths, History, Geography etc... as opposed to Greek and Roman mythology Rolling Eyes

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6842
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Eilzel on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:25 am

Incidentally, while this IS certainly ridiculousness on an absurd level, let's not lose sight of the fact that the number of people pushing these things will be a significantly small number of people. I can imagine the groans and eye rolling from a majority of students. I can honestly say I know no one that thinks all of this changing of so-called 'sexist' and 'binary' language thinks it anything other than the silliness that it is - people of any age.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6842
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Vintage on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:30 am

What is offensive about the words man/men, are we to call the entire population humxns/humxnity. I can't figure out how to say it. WOMXN sounds like an internal parasite remedy.

Vintage

Posts : 1360
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:26 pm

Eilzel wrote:Incidentally, while this IS certainly ridiculousness on an absurd level, let's not lose sight of the fact that the number of people pushing these things will be a significantly small number of people. I can imagine the groans and eye rolling from a majority of students. I can honestly say I know no one that thinks all of this changing of so-called 'sexist' and 'binary' language thinks it anything other than the silliness that it is - people of any age.

This! Everybody's making way too big a deal out of this.

Media outlets are essentially trolling conservatives by picking out and highlighting the most outrageous, extreme behavior from a few students at a few universities and conservatives are like, WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAN? IS SOCIETY CHANGING?

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24867
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:01 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Incidentally, while this IS certainly ridiculousness on an absurd level, let's not lose sight of the fact that the number of people pushing these things will be a significantly small number of people. I can imagine the groans and eye rolling from a majority of students. I can honestly say I know no one that thinks all of this changing of so-called 'sexist' and 'binary' language thinks it anything other than the silliness that it is - people of any age.

This! Everybody's making way too big a deal out of this.

Media outlets are essentially trolling conservatives by picking out and highlighting the most outrageous, extreme behavior from a few students at a few universities and conservatives are like, WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAN? IS SOCIETY CHANGING?

Why am I not surprised that "conservatives" were soon being identified in this forum as the real villains of the piece?

The fact is that one only has to listen to the infantile chanting of these manic, messianic morons and read their tatty home-made and frequently misspelled banners to recognise them as prime examples of the archetypal, barking mad, loony Left Dave Spart student.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 2169
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
STOP student loan, STOP student grants, and remove from university studies ALL but the sciences and classics.

Question

Incude Engineering and Economics in with the Sciences there, I s'pose ?

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6427
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:47 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Incidentally, while this IS certainly ridiculousness on an absurd level, let's not lose sight of the fact that the number of people pushing these things will be a significantly small number of people. I can imagine the groans and eye rolling from a majority of students. I can honestly say I know no one that thinks all of this changing of so-called 'sexist' and 'binary' language thinks it anything other than the silliness that it is - people of any age.

This! Everybody's making way too big a deal out of this.

Media outlets are essentially trolling conservatives by picking out and highlighting the most outrageous, extreme behavior from a few students at a few universities and conservatives are like, WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAN? IS SOCIETY CHANGING?

Why am I not surprised that "conservatives" were soon being identified in this forum as the real villains of the piece?

The fact is that one only has to listen to the infantile chanting of these manic, messianic morons and read their tatty home-made and frequently misspelled banners to recognise them as prime examples of the archetypal, barking mad, loony Left Dave Spart student.

I'm not actually making conservatives the villains here. More like naive victims.

Reporters have page view goals these days. (Mine's 5 million a year because I'm a badass.) They know y'all are going to click the hell out of anything that suggests your society is changing in a way you don't like.

So they find these oddball stories, because if you freak out about it, they win.

They know just as well as you that the Oxford Dictionary won't have a listing for "womxn" in the foreseeable future.

They're pushing your buttons and getting you all upset about nothing because it's profitable.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24867
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Eilzel on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:44 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Incidentally, while this IS certainly ridiculousness on an absurd level, let's not lose sight of the fact that the number of people pushing these things will be a significantly small number of people. I can imagine the groans and eye rolling from a majority of students. I can honestly say I know no one that thinks all of this changing of so-called 'sexist' and 'binary' language thinks it anything other than the silliness that it is - people of any age.

This! Everybody's making way too big a deal out of this.

Media outlets are essentially trolling conservatives by picking out and highlighting the most outrageous, extreme behavior from a few students at a few universities and conservatives are like, WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAN? IS SOCIETY CHANGING?

Why am I not surprised that "conservatives" were soon being identified in this forum as the real villains of the piece?

The fact is that one only has to listen to the infantile chanting of these manic, messianic morons and read their tatty home-made and frequently misspelled banners to recognise them as prime examples of the archetypal, barking mad, loony Left Dave Spart student.

If we just take this forum as a sample (and it does provide a healthy sample, seeing as most of us here are decent people able to express pretty good reasoning for our views) then let's see how our projections of one another fit.

Firstly, the Left.

Do any Left Wingers here ACTUALLY support using terms like 'womxn' or 'ze' to avoid gender? Do any Lefties here want to let students avoid exams? Force people to accept a female Santa? Want to make people say Happy Holidays? Object to flying national flags? Object to poppies on Remembrance Day?

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is NO. Proving it is a tiny minority (or LWers) who actually make a big deal of these things

Secondly, the Right.

Do Right Wingers here often go on and on about the terribleness of PC culture? Do they make it seem like a huge number of students are pampered, whining, spoilt brats who waste their time on pointless subjects while trying to turn language upside down? Do they raise the issue of poppies and holidays EVERY year around this time as if there are sinister Leftist politicos lurking at every turn to take your poppies and Christmas trees away?

YES. Look at the list of latest topics posted and you'll find plenty of examples of Right leaning posters posting news stories about students, gender terms, Christmas controversy etc. and complaining within that the world is falling apart.


So as a microcosm of Right and Left, this place works well.

Most Left Wingers DO NOT CARE about changing words for silly reasons and are happy with most respectful and historic traditions as the Right.
Most Right Wingers, however, DO seem to make a fuss of these things and set out to blame students, teachers and the Left in general for the agreeably ridiculous views of a small, small few.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6842
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 am

Yet again an absurd argument from the apologist for the PC left

Your first point.

How is a few minute lefties on here a reflection on what is going on in Universities?

Seriously or a reflection of the left in general?

There is a whole mass of people using this and promoting to use this in the Universities. In order that it takes on and with a view, that somehow the word man is epitmone of evil and barbaric. This is coming from warped greivance studies which has now become endemic, which casts hates to white male hetrosexuals. Recently this was exposed by 3 academics. When they had papers peer reviewed, that were completely made up with one using Mein Kampf.

So to claim it is a tiny minority is based on what exactly?

Its an unfounded claim by you and yet we see countless examples of this happenning time and time again in Universities and within the Labour party

And there lies the problem, you admit the left do not care about this, but this is the people who in the future, could be potential a pool of leaders, teachers etc.

Hence what is wrong with the left, as you should care as this disastreous mollycoddling of students, that is teaching them to be as fragile as glass and also to be sexist, racist etc towards white people and men. You should be united with people on the right to speak out on this issue. Not make a piss poor defense and make unfounded claims its a very small minority.

Studies have shown that many Universities on the West and East coast os the US are doing this

So saying you do not care, considering the left claim they do care, shows up the contradiction in the claim, that the left care.

They certainly do not and as seen are quite happy to see this kind of madness dscend into chaos for the youth of today

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Eilzel on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:14 am

Thor wrote:Yet again an absurd argument from the apologist for the PC left

Your first point.

How is a few minute lefties on here a reflection on what is going on in Universities?

Seriously or a reflection of the left in general?

There is a whole mass of people using this and promoting to use this in the Universities. In order that it takes on and with a view, that somehow the word man is epitmone of evil and barbaric. This is coming from warped greivance studies which has now become endemic, which casts hates to white male hetrosexuals. Recently this was exposed by 3 academics. When they had papers peer reviewed, that were completely made up with one using Mein Kampf.

So to claim it is a tiny minority is based on what exactly?

Its an unfounded claim by you and yet we see countless examples of this happenning time and time again in Universities and within the Labour party

And there lies the problem, you admit the left do not care about this, but this is the people who in the future, could be potential a pool of leaders, teachers etc.

Hence what is wrong with the left, as you should care as this disastreous mollycoddling of students, that is teaching them to be as fragile as glass and also to be sexist, racist etc towards white people and men. You should be united with people on the right to speak out on this issue. Not make a piss poor defense and make unfounded claims its a very small minority.

Studies have shown that many Universities on the West and East coast os the US are doing this

So saying you do not care, considering the left claim they do care, shows up the contradiction in the claim, that the left care.

They certainly do not and as seen are quite happy to see this kind of madness dscend into chaos for the youth of today

How many people do YOU actually know that actually support this PC nonsense?
I know no one who does, and it should come as no surprise that many of my friends and family also lean left on most issues. One of them is a college teacher himself and he wouldn't entertain silliness like this.

I know MANY on both sides of the political divide who think it is silly. Because it is!

We both likely agree that the people, the small few, who actually engage in this BS are pretty much going to be useless at anything - so how will they gain power? There are plenty of students who think this is all BS too. So they'll never gain power.

Again, there are hundreds of educational institutions in the UK, top class to! How many do we hear these stories from? Very few. And when we do, there are even those within those institutions who oppose it, OR we hear later it isn't actually as sensational as it was reported.

So we end up with a tiny few stories which really are isolated cases that ultimately will affect almost nothing. If a politician eventually comes forward with such radical ideas, their career will go nowhere, because most people, Left and Right, don't care for that BS.

As you often tell me, stop scaring people, everything's alright Laughing

NOTE: The reason we should NOT humour these stories as serious is because I see it for what it REALLY is. These stories nearly always come from radically RW news sources with a clear agenda - to DISCREDIT the LEFT. If their millions of robotic readers swallow this crap as if this lunacy is what 'The Left' is all about, then it gives them a stick to beat all Leftists with (Labour, Greens, Liberals etc...).

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6842
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:24 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:Yet again an absurd argument from the apologist for the PC left

Your first point.

How is a few minute lefties on here a reflection on what is going on in Universities?

Seriously or a reflection of the left in general?

There is a whole mass of people using this and promoting to use this in the Universities. In order that it takes on and with a view, that somehow the word man is epitmone of evil and barbaric. This is coming from warped greivance studies which has now become endemic, which casts hates to white male hetrosexuals. Recently this was exposed by 3 academics. When they had papers peer reviewed, that were completely made up with one using Mein Kampf.

So to claim it is a tiny minority is based on what exactly?

Its an unfounded claim by you and yet we see countless examples of this happenning time and time again in Universities and within the Labour party

And there lies the problem, you admit the left do not care about this, but this is the people who in the future, could be potential a pool of leaders, teachers etc.

Hence what is wrong with the left, as you should care as this disastreous mollycoddling of students, that is teaching them to be as fragile as glass and also to be sexist, racist etc towards white people and men. You should be united with people on the right to speak out on this issue. Not make a piss poor defense and make unfounded claims its a very small minority.

Studies have shown that many Universities on the West and East coast os the US are doing this

So saying you do not care, considering the left claim they do care, shows up the contradiction in the claim, that the left care.

They certainly do not and as seen are quite happy to see this kind of madness dscend into chaos for the youth of today

How many people do YOU actually know that actually support this PC nonsense?
I know no one who does, and it should come as no surprise that many of my friends and family also lean left on most issues. One of them is a college teacher himself and he wouldn't entertain silliness like this.

I know MANY on both sides of the political divide who think it is silly. Because it is!

We both likely agree that the people, the small few, who actually engage in this BS are pretty much going to be useless at anything - so how will they gain power? There are plenty of students who think this is all BS too. So they'll never gain power.

Again, there are hundreds of educational institutions in the UK, top class to! How many do we hear these stories from? Very few. And when we do, there are even those within those institutions who oppose it, OR we hear later it isn't actually as sensational as it was reported.

So we end up with a tiny few stories which really are isolated cases that ultimately will affect almost nothing. If a politician eventually comes forward with such radical ideas, their career will go nowhere, because most people, Left and Right, don't care for that BS.

As you often tell me, stop scaring people, everything's alright Laughing

NOTE: The reason we should NOT humour these stories as serious is because I see it for what it REALLY is. These stories nearly always come from radically RW news sources with a clear agenda - to DISCREDIT the LEFT. If their millions of robotic readers swallow this crap as if this lunacy is what 'The Left' is all about, then it gives them a stick to beat all Leftists with (Labour, Greens, Liberals etc...).

1) Well we have seen a study of this in America by Jonathan Haidt, which I have posted many times, where you consistantly bury your head in the sand over. Not only this again 3 academics got papers peer reviewed, that were made up. Which shows there is a body of academics ( I say that in the smallest terms, as what they study is made up garbage) and students that buy into this nonsense.

2) You know people? How many is that? 10, 20? Is that a fair representative of the problem?

No, again inherantly a dumb response again from you

3) Again not backed by any evidence, but an opinion by you on the numbers. Again I suggest you look at the studies by Jonathan Haidt. Which means you are badly downplaying the problem and the known effects this is having on students

4) So your view is this, because there is other institutions, its of no concern that students are being effected, that damages their mental health and the ability to cope in society. 

wow

5) So its not even a few tiny stories and again this is you downplaying this actual problem, that is backed up with evidence that this is happenning. I suppose you have missed all the mass riots at speakers at Universities then?

6) How naive again, where again we already are seeing politicians do this. With the view in Nordic countries, that have basically rendered gender names non-existant and this experiment is having the opposite effect it set out to do. Men and women through choice are more and more going into roles associated with their sexes

7) Ah but you see here is the difference. You try to scare people off poor predictions, where as I am using facts

Cool So to you, we should not humour said stories and now to you its some conspiracy theory against the left, when in fact its coming from the left this madness. You are certainly not the cure to this problem, but the actual part of the virus itself


Last edited by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:30 am

I mean what makes me laugh about the left is there utter inconsistency, with this view to change the name woman and disassociate the "man" part from the word. They claim there is no difference between men and women and yet want to class men as something wrong, by removing this from the word woman.

You cannot make it up how absurd and warped the mindset of the left is coming today and then the left faill to recognise that people are moving to the right in droves in Europe. They fail to see this is an effect and cause from their policies. Its how Trump also came to power.

Hence why the left should be joining the right to help combat these problems. Just as the right already join the left tackling discrimination and prejudice. Yet in this instance the left want to ignore racism and sexism against white, hetrosexual men.

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Eilzel on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:40 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:Yet again an absurd argument from the apologist for the PC left

Your first point.

How is a few minute lefties on here a reflection on what is going on in Universities?

Seriously or a reflection of the left in general?

There is a whole mass of people using this and promoting to use this in the Universities. In order that it takes on and with a view, that somehow the word man is epitmone of evil and barbaric. This is coming from warped greivance studies which has now become endemic, which casts hates to white male hetrosexuals. Recently this was exposed by 3 academics. When they had papers peer reviewed, that were completely made up with one using Mein Kampf.

So to claim it is a tiny minority is based on what exactly?

Its an unfounded claim by you and yet we see countless examples of this happenning time and time again in Universities and within the Labour party

And there lies the problem, you admit the left do not care about this, but this is the people who in the future, could be potential a pool of leaders, teachers etc.

Hence what is wrong with the left, as you should care as this disastreous mollycoddling of students, that is teaching them to be as fragile as glass and also to be sexist, racist etc towards white people and men. You should be united with people on the right to speak out on this issue. Not make a piss poor defense and make unfounded claims its a very small minority.

Studies have shown that many Universities on the West and East coast os the US are doing this

So saying you do not care, considering the left claim they do care, shows up the contradiction in the claim, that the left care.

They certainly do not and as seen are quite happy to see this kind of madness dscend into chaos for the youth of today

How many people do YOU actually know that actually support this PC nonsense?
I know no one who does, and it should come as no surprise that many of my friends and family also lean left on most issues. One of them is a college teacher himself and he wouldn't entertain silliness like this.

I know MANY on both sides of the political divide who think it is silly. Because it is!

We both likely agree that the people, the small few, who actually engage in this BS are pretty much going to be useless at anything - so how will they gain power? There are plenty of students who think this is all BS too. So they'll never gain power.

Again, there are hundreds of educational institutions in the UK, top class to! How many do we hear these stories from? Very few. And when we do, there are even those within those institutions who oppose it, OR we hear later it isn't actually as sensational as it was reported.

So we end up with a tiny few stories which really are isolated cases that ultimately will affect almost nothing. If a politician eventually comes forward with such radical ideas, their career will go nowhere, because most people, Left and Right, don't care for that BS.

As you often tell me, stop scaring people, everything's alright Laughing

NOTE: The reason we should NOT humour these stories as serious is because I see it for what it REALLY is. These stories nearly always come from radically RW news sources with a clear agenda - to DISCREDIT the LEFT. If their millions of robotic readers swallow this crap as if this lunacy is what 'The Left' is all about, then it gives them a stick to beat all Leftists with (Labour, Greens, Liberals etc...).

1) Well we have seen a study of this in America by Jonathan Haidt, which I have posted many times, where you consistantly bury your head in the sand over. Not only this again 3 academics got papers peer reviewed, that were made up. Which shows there is a body of academics ( I say that in the smallest terms, as what they study is made up garbage) and students that buy into this nonsense.

2) You know people? How many is that? 10, 20? Is that a fair representative of the problem?

No, again inherantly a dumb response again from you

3) Again not backed by any evidence, but an opinion by you on the numbers. Again I suggest you look at the studies by Jonathan Haidt. Which means you are badly downplaying the problem and the known effects this is having on students

4) So your view is this, because there is other institutions, its of no concern that students are being effected, that damages their mental health and the ability to cope in society. 

wow

5) So its not even a few tiny stories and again this is you downplaying this actual problem, that is backed up with evidence that this is happenning. I suppose you have missed all the mass riots at speakers at Universities then?

6) How naive again, where again we already are seeing politicians do this. With the view in Nordic countries, that have basically rendered gender names non-existant and this experiment is having the opposite effect it set out to do. Men and women through choice are more and more going into roles associated with their sexes

7) Ah but you see here is the difference. You try to scare people off poor predictions, where as I am using facts

Cool So we should not humour said stories and now to you its some conspiracy theory against the left, when in fact its coming from the left this madness. You are certainly not the cure to this problem, but the actual part of the virus itself

Quite a lot more than 20 didge. And of course, you didn't answer my question - how many people do YOU know who push this kind of nonsense?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6842
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:43 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

1) Well we have seen a study of this in America by Jonathan Haidt, which I have posted many times, where you consistantly bury your head in the sand over. Not only this again 3 academics got papers peer reviewed, that were made up. Which shows there is a body of academics ( I say that in the smallest terms, as what they study is made up garbage) and students that buy into this nonsense.

2) You know people? How many is that? 10, 20? Is that a fair representative of the problem?

No, again inherantly a dumb response again from you

3) Again not backed by any evidence, but an opinion by you on the numbers. Again I suggest you look at the studies by Jonathan Haidt. Which means you are badly downplaying the problem and the known effects this is having on students

4) So your view is this, because there is other institutions, its of no concern that students are being effected, that damages their mental health and the ability to cope in society. 

wow

5) So its not even a few tiny stories and again this is you downplaying this actual problem, that is backed up with evidence that this is happenning. I suppose you have missed all the mass riots at speakers at Universities then?

6) How naive again, where again we already are seeing politicians do this. With the view in Nordic countries, that have basically rendered gender names non-existant and this experiment is having the opposite effect it set out to do. Men and women through choice are more and more going into roles associated with their sexes

7) Ah but you see here is the difference. You try to scare people off poor predictions, where as I am using facts

Cool So we should not humour said stories and now to you its some conspiracy theory against the left, when in fact its coming from the left this madness. You are certainly not the cure to this problem, but the actual part of the virus itself

Quite a lot more than 20 didge. And of course, you didn't answer my question - how many people do YOU know who push this kind of nonsense?


Personally?

What has that got to do with evidence?

Seriously?

So your view is based on how many people may or may not know, based in the circles they are in?

I certainly know a few to answer your question and they all happen to be teachers

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:48 am

So you know more than 20 out of millions of students and teachers in the west

One moment

lol!

And that is your reason to claim its a very small amount of students and teachers?



Now I have to go to work

Maybe you will actually tackle my points when back, as its obvious the left are silent on sexism and racism against white men and the reason?

Because of another load of made up mumbo jumbo by them left, which seeks to allow hate of white men

Intersectionality

Have a good day snowflake

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:56 am

I don’t understand how you’re all so happy to be say in a little group and label yourselves “left” and “right”

Do you know how much pressure that puts on your back as you walk through life? That you must make sure you abide by certain things and think a certain way and if you don’t quite think like “the others” in your group, then you must moosh your ideals and squash your opinions until they fit nicely into your groove.
Or else.....YOU STAND OUT! affraid

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36207
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Eilzel on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:56 am

Thor wrote:So you know more than 20 out of millions of students and teachers in the west

One moment

lol!

And that is your reason to claim its a very small amount of students and teachers?



Now I have to go to work

Maybe you will actually tackle my points when back, as its obvious the left are silent on sexism and racism against white men and the reason?

Because of another load of made up mumbo jumbo by them left, which seeks to allow hate of white men

Intersectionality

Have a good day snowflake

Snowflakes are unique, beautiful and come together to create something everyone loves.

An alternative definition is: a lazy ad hominem term used by someone lacking in imagination and has forfeited the argument.

Better to be a snowflake than an ass Smile


Last edited by Eilzel on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6842
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Eilzel on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:59 am

eddie wrote:I don’t understand how you’re all so happy to be say in a little group and label yourselves “left” and “right”

Do you know how much pressure that puts on your back as you walk through life? That you must make sure you abide by certain things and think a certain way and if you don’t quite think like “the others” in your group, then you must moosh your ideals and squash your opinions until they fit nicely into your groove.
Or else.....YOU STAND OUT! affraid

Wrong. It puts no pressure on me at least. But it does tend to describe my political positions on most things.

Your mistake is thinking people choose beliefs to fit their 'label', rather than understanding that a particular 'label' happens to encompass their views.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6842
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by nicko on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 am

You put that nicely, [for a "lefty"] Les Smile
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10478
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:I don’t understand how you’re all so happy to be say in a little group and label yourselves “left” and “right”

Do you know how much pressure that puts on your back as you walk through life? That you must make sure you abide by certain things and think a certain way and if you don’t quite think like “the others” in your group, then you must moosh your ideals and squash your opinions until they fit nicely into your groove.
Or else.....YOU STAND OUT! affraid

Wrong. It puts no pressure on me at least. But it does tend to describe my political positions on most things.

Your mistake is thinking people choose beliefs to fit their 'label', rather than understanding that a particular 'label' happens to encompass their views.

I know this. And I also know that the opposite happens to be true too.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36207
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:10 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:So you know more than 20 out of millions of students and teachers in the west

One moment

lol!

And that is your reason to claim its a very small amount of students and teachers?



Now I have to go to work

Maybe you will actually tackle my points when back, as its obvious the left are silent on sexism and racism against white men and the reason?

Because of another load of made up mumbo jumbo by them left, which seeks to allow hate of white men

Intersectionality

Have a good day snowflake

Snowflakes are unique, beautiful and come together to create something everyone loves.

An alternative definition is: a lazy ad hominem term used by someone lacking in imagination and has forfeited the argument.

Better to be a snowflake than an ass Smile


So like I thought, and gave you all day, you failed to respond to all my points

You are a snowflake, as you failed to condemn left wing racist, sexist idiots and attempt to poorly downplay this, based on the view, you seem to think anyone on the right is ignorant. As you do realise this view to change the name is based on a view to percieve men as somehow wrong?

So that is you out of the debate until you do, hence why you are a light weight, aka snowflake

Laughing

I know you fancy my ass, but its off limits, as I do not bat that way

Sorry

Laughing

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by nicko on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm

"Snowflakes" A piece of frozen ice formed in a pretty pattern that melts quickly when exposed to moderate heat !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10478
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:39 pm

nicko wrote: "Snowflakes"   A piece of frozen ice formed in a pretty pattern that melts quickly when exposed to moderate heat !


Laughing

Indeed, utterly fragile mate

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:13 pm

This needs to be posted again and showe we have the same problem over here

ABOUT THE CODDLING OF THE AMERICAN MIND

A New York Times Notable Book 

The New York Times bestseller!

Something has been going wrong on many college campuses in the last few years. Speakers are shouted down. Students and professors say they are walking on eggshells and are afraid to speak honestly. Rates of anxiety, depression, and suicide are rising—on campus as well as nationally. How did this happen?

First Amendment expert Greg Lukianoff and social psychologist Jonathan Haidt show how the new problems on campus have their origins in three terrible ideas that have become increasingly woven into American childhood and education: What doesn’t kill you makes you weaker; always trust your feelings; and life is a battle between good people and evil people. These three Great Untruths contradict basic psychological principles about well-being and ancient wisdom from many cultures.  Embracing these untruths—and the resulting culture of safetyism—interferes with young people’s social, emotional, and intellectual development. It makes it harder for them to become autonomous adults who are able to navigate the bumpy road of life.

Lukianoff and Haidt investigate the many social trends that have intersected to promote the spread of these untruths. They explore changes in childhood such as the rise of fearful parenting, the decline of unsupervised, child-directed play, and the new world of social media that has engulfed teenagers in the last decade. They examine changes on campus, including the corporatization of universities and the emergence of new ideas about identity and justice. They situate the conflicts on campus within the context of America’s rapidly rising political polarization and dysfunction.

This is a book for anyone who is confused by what is happening on college campuses today, or has children, or is concerned about the growing inability of Americans to live, work, and cooperate across party lines.







Its clearly more than a tiny monority, as Eilzel claims

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by eddie on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:34 pm

“Lukianoff and Haidt investigate the many social trends that have intersected to promote the spread of these untruths. They explore changes in childhood such as the rise of fearful parenting, the decline of unsupervised, child-directed play, and the new world of social media that has engulfed teenagers in the last decade. They examine changes on campus, including the corporatization of universities and the emergence of new ideas about identity and justice. They situate the conflicts on campus within the context of America’s rapidly rising political polarization and dysfunction.”


This is true of England too, but in a less frenzied way.
And I have been saying this for a couple of years now.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36207
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 pm

eddie wrote:“Lukianoff and Haidt investigate the many social trends that have intersected to promote the spread of these untruths. They explore changes in childhood such as the rise of fearful parenting, the decline of unsupervised, child-directed play, and the new world of social media that has engulfed teenagers in the last decade. They examine changes on campus, including the corporatization of universities and the emergence of new ideas about identity and justice. They situate the conflicts on campus within the context of America’s rapidly rising political polarization and dysfunction.”


This is true of England too, but in a less frenzied way.
And I have been saying this for a couple of years now.


Indeed and I think many people have actually been saying this for years and they have simple not been listened too

+1 though

If you get  chance, you should watch the video Eddie or buy the book

Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Thor on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:00 pm

University campuses throughout the West are in the grip of a troubling social phenomenon, now in danger of spreading beyond the ivy walls. Once bastions of intellectual rigour and freedom of thought, universities have become closed-minded and self-censoring, pandering to what appear from the outside to be ridiculously heightened sensitivities and undeserved entitlement.

Safe spaces, trigger warnings and counselling on demand have become commonplace. Teaching staff who speak out are being intimidated, silenced and vilified. Students who choose to think against the mainstream are harassed and ostracised. Has normal teenage angst been institutionally mollycoddled and even pathologised?

Join Dr Tiffany Jenkins author, Keeping their Marbles, Claire Lehmann Founder & Editor of Quillette, Professor Steven Schwartz AM Senior Fellow, The Centre for Independent Studies and Lindsay Shepherd Graduate, Wilfrid Laurier University, for a robust debate.



Thor

Posts : 883
Join date : 2018-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by gelico on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:53 pm

Thor wrote:This needs to be posted again and showe we have the same problem over here

ABOUT THE CODDLING OF THE AMERICAN MIND

A New York Times Notable Book 

The New York Times bestseller!

Something has been going wrong on many college campuses in the last few years. Speakers are shouted down. Students and professors say they are walking on eggshells and are afraid to speak honestly. Rates of anxiety, depression, and suicide are rising—on campus as well as nationally. How did this happen?

First Amendment expert Greg Lukianoff and social psychologist Jonathan Haidt show how the new problems on campus have their origins in three terrible ideas that have become increasingly woven into American childhood and education: What doesn’t kill you makes you weaker; always trust your feelings; and life is a battle between good people and evil people. These three Great Untruths contradict basic psychological principles about well-being and ancient wisdom from many cultures.  Embracing these untruths—and the resulting culture of safetyism—interferes with young people’s social, emotional, and intellectual development. It makes it harder for them to become autonomous adults who are able to navigate the bumpy road of life.

Lukianoff and Haidt investigate the many social trends that have intersected to promote the spread of these untruths. They explore changes in childhood such as the rise of fearful parenting, the decline of unsupervised, child-directed play, and the new world of social media that has engulfed teenagers in the last decade. They examine changes on campus, including the corporatization of universities and the emergence of new ideas about identity and justice. They situate the conflicts on campus within the context of America’s rapidly rising political polarization and dysfunction.

This is a book for anyone who is confused by what is happening on college campuses today, or has children, or is concerned about the growing inability of Americans to live, work, and cooperate across party lines.







very interesting talk

gelico

Posts : 1757
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Really you could put almost all of it down to fearful parenting, and this goes back to my previous rants about how people don't understand what the media does and what it's for.

Why don't parents let their kids walk themselves to school anymore, or play unsupervised, etc.? Most likely it's because they've heard or read reports of perverts and the things they do to kids, and that frightens them into becoming overprotective.

They ignore the fact that in most Western countries, crime has been on the decline for decades, and that their kids actually live in a safer environment today than they did when they were children - and their parents let them walk to school, play unsupervised, etc.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24867
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Snowflake students replace the word 'women' with 'WOMXN' because the traditional spelling contains the offensive term 'men' (but no-one quite seems to know how to pronounce it)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum