Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:44 pm



Sorry, but I could not stop laughing at some of the crap the homeschool mother was coming out with.

She wants to homeschool her children, but is not teaching them?

She says they will learn together?

How will she know, what she is teaching. Is right?

Hence there will come a point where there is a limitation in her ability to teach her daughters when older

If people want to homeschool, then they should have to have the same qualifications as other teachers. To then teach.

Its as simple as that

phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Crap  pale pale I agree with Thor

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:15 pm



I agree with the mother who is homeschooling

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by 'Wolfie on Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:40 pm

gelico wrote:

I agree with the mother who is homeschooling

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain 3489511464

Yeh...

That sounds about right, for you..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7739
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:12 am

I think kids need the social experience that comes with regular schooling. If you home school, they don't get that. Where will they make friends? How will they learn to field all the knocks that life give you? School toughens you up, but I do understand her fears. The key is finding a good school.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Posts : 9618
Join date : 2014-01-12

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Syl on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:56 pm

I think the mum is genuine in her belief that she is doing the best for her daughter, personally I dont think most kids benefit from the isolation of home schooling.
Apart from the educational side the social side is just as important.

It was a bit of a revelation that this mum threw in right at the end of the interview that she has 9 stepchildren apart from this 4 year old in the home.  Shocked

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19565
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Syl wrote:I think the mum is genuine in her belief that she is doing the best for her daughter, personally I dont think most kids benefit from the isolation of home schooling.
Apart from the educational side the social side is just as important.

It was a bit of a revelation that this mum threw in right at the end of the interview that she has 9 stepchildren apart from this 4 year old in the home.  Shocked

It is interesting, considering her view to homeschool, was based off one other child.

She made no view, how they did at school

I wonder why?

I think its obvious why she did noy. As saying how they did, would damage her arguments. No doubt all the others are doing well or did well

She based this off how the Boy had ADHD etc, but there is no view the two daughters had this. I think this is more about the mother not being able to let go of her daughter. Allowing her to experince the school.

Hence to me she was not being honest

She should not be teaching children from the curriculum, unless she is a qualified as a teacher. That should be the situation if people want to homeschool

phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:50 pm

I think homeschooling is child abuse.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27693
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by 'Wolfie on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
gelico wrote:

I agree with the mother who is homeschooling

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain 3489511464

Yeh...

That sounds about right,  for you..

lol!

The NewsFix Hens Club and Child Abusers Collective are circling the wagons !!!

Those reds are becoming a badge of honour..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7739
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:55 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain 3489511464

Yeh...

That sounds about right,  for you..

lol!

The NewsFix Hens Club and Child Abusers Collective are circling the wagons   !!!

Those reds are becoming a badge of honour..


hahahaha well it wasn't me wolfie, i dont bother giving out reds

Rolling Eyes


but what have you got against home schooling.

if i had my time again i may well do the same

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:57 pm



i dont believe children are isolated via homeschooling.

that mother said her girl attends a whole load of activity groups and such like outside of school anyway

it's not like they live in a cave with no communication with the outside world

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:58 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:I think homeschooling is child abuse.

why?

personally, i think schools taking kids to a mosque and teaching them lies about islam is child abuse but whatever

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:34 pm

gelico wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:I think homeschooling is child abuse.

why?

personally, i think schools taking kids to a mosque and teaching them lies about islam is child abuse but whatever

Well, I'd have to know a lot more about that. Are they taking the kids on a field trip, and teaching the tenets of Islam, preferably with a cleric present, as part of a class studying world religions?

Or are you talking about kids educated day in, day out in a mosque who are taught that they should be violent to non-Muslims?

The second example I would agree is child abuse; the first example is just education.

The second example happens in the United States with Christians every day. The primary reason Americans pull their kids out of school is over fears that they'll be taught to be atheists (as in, they'll be taught about the theory of evolution).

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27693
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Eilzel on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Considering the appalling spelling of alleged 'adults' on social media (and, indeed, forums), not to mention ignorance on many subjects, I agree that in many cases home schooling would be akin to child abuse.

There should be immensely severe testing and monitoring of any parent choosing to home school tbh.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8049
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:Considering the appalling spelling of alleged 'adults' on social media (and, indeed, forums), not to mention ignorance on many subjects, I agree that in many cases home schooling would be akin to child abuse.

There should be immensely severe testing and monitoring of any parent choosing to home school tbh.

What?

Explain how its child abuse?

There is nothing wrong with home schooling if the parents are qualified teachers and to be honest many children are being taught to be fragile within schools today by the left.

How you can claim its child abuse based on what you percieve to be the best way to educate?

That is not child abuse in any shape or form

Considering the shit being taught to kids in school today by a majority leaning left victimology brigade, its no wonder the number is rising with homeschooling

However, I think anyone who teaches, has to be qualified.


phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Considering the appalling spelling of alleged 'adults' on social media (and, indeed, forums), not to mention ignorance on many subjects, I agree that in many cases home schooling would be akin to child abuse.

There should be immensely severe testing and monitoring of any parent choosing to home school tbh.

What?

Explain how its child abuse?

There is nothing wrong with home schooling if the parents are qualified teachers and to be honest many children are being taught to be fragile within schools today by the left.

How you can claim its child abuse based on what you percieve to be the best way to educate?

That is not child abuse in any shape or form

Considering the shit being taught to kids in school today by a majority leaning left victimology brigade, its no wonder the number is rising with homeschooling

However, I think anyone who teaches, has to be qualified.


The vast majority of parents aren't qualified to be teachers, nor do they have the time. And they don't let their kids socialize, at least not with people outside their bubble.

Leaving a child largely unprepared to become an independent adult is child abuse.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27693
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:50 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Thor wrote:

What?

Explain how its child abuse?

There is nothing wrong with home schooling if the parents are qualified teachers and to be honest many children are being taught to be fragile within schools today by the left.

How you can claim its child abuse based on what you percieve to be the best way to educate?

That is not child abuse in any shape or form

Considering the shit being taught to kids in school today by a majority leaning left victimology brigade, its no wonder the number is rising with homeschooling

However, I think anyone who teaches, has to be qualified.


The vast majority of parents aren't qualified to be teachers, nor do they have the time. And they don't let their kids socialize, at least not with people outside their bubble.

Leaving a child largely unprepared to become an independent adult is child abuse.

So a fine example of the victimology argument

Just because they are not qualified, that then they are child abusers, does it?

People can easily use your argument that kids, get sexually abused, harressed, bullied etc at school

See how the victimology argument ends up being ridiculous

To claim they are missing out is based on a percerption you have.

Now I think with homeschooling parents should have to pass a course, in order, that they homeschool children. However I do think its better that kids do attend school. What I object to is irrational arguments based on victimology, that claims this is child abuse, with zero evidence.

So you are not rationalizing what is neglect, in other words, child abuse

phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Ben Reilly on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Thor wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Thor wrote:

What?

Explain how its child abuse?

There is nothing wrong with home schooling if the parents are qualified teachers and to be honest many children are being taught to be fragile within schools today by the left.

How you can claim its child abuse based on what you percieve to be the best way to educate?

That is not child abuse in any shape or form

Considering the shit being taught to kids in school today by a majority leaning left victimology brigade, its no wonder the number is rising with homeschooling

However, I think anyone who teaches, has to be qualified.


The vast majority of parents aren't qualified to be teachers, nor do they have the time. And they don't let their kids socialize, at least not with people outside their bubble.

Leaving a child largely unprepared to become an independent adult is child abuse.

So a fine example of the victimology argument

Just because they are not qualified, that then they are child abusers, does it?

People can easily use your argument that kids, get sexually abused, harressed, bullied etc at school

See how the victimology argument ends up being ridiculous

To claim they are missing out is based on a percerption you have.

Now I think with homeschooling parents should have to pass a course, in order, that they homeschool children. However I do think its better that kids do attend school. What I object to is irrational arguments based on victimology, that claims this is child abuse, with zero evidence.

So you are not rationalizing what is neglect, in other words, child abuse

Let's let parents home-medicate their kids then! If you don't need qualifications to do anything, let's just let everybody raise a bunch of cave children not prepared for the world.

_________________
"Some would call it happiness, but I like to think that what I found is me. That sounds simple enough, but the truth is, it took quite a while to do it."

- Willie Nelson
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. God of Thunder.

Posts : 27693
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Tesco's

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:31 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Thor wrote:

So a fine example of the victimology argument

Just because they are not qualified, that then they are child abusers, does it?

People can easily use your argument that kids, get sexually abused, harressed, bullied etc at school

See how the victimology argument ends up being ridiculous

To claim they are missing out is based on a percerption you have.

Now I think with homeschooling parents should have to pass a course, in order, that they homeschool children. However I do think its better that kids do attend school. What I object to is irrational arguments based on victimology, that claims this is child abuse, with zero evidence.

So you are not rationalizing what is neglect, in other words, child abuse

Let's let parents home-medicate their kids then! If you don't need qualifications to do anything, let's just let everybody raise a bunch of cave children not prepared for the world.

Seriously, you just ignored everything I said

Let me recap again for you

I think homeschooling should be done where the parents are qualified

I think its better, that kids attend school

However parents unqualified as teachers, does not constitute child abuse

Have you grasped this point yet

Considering many qualfications taught by some of the left are made up crap and is turning some kids, into being like Mr Glass, from the film Unbreakable. That they are so fragile, that everything offends them. To the point they might shatter, but are quite capable of the worst narcissism, plotting and acting out violence against, anyone that does not adhere to their views and beliefs.

You can understand why some would be loathe to send their kids to school, under such indoctrination, which is clearly damaging the mental health of kids.

phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:40 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Thor wrote:

So a fine example of the victimology argument

Just because they are not qualified, that then they are child abusers, does it?

People can easily use your argument that kids, get sexually abused, harressed, bullied etc at school

See how the victimology argument ends up being ridiculous

To claim they are missing out is based on a percerption you have.

Now I think with homeschooling parents should have to pass a course, in order, that they homeschool children. However I do think its better that kids do attend school. What I object to is irrational arguments based on victimology, that claims this is child abuse, with zero evidence.

So you are not rationalizing what is neglect, in other words, child abuse

Let's let parents home-medicate their kids then! If you don't need qualifications to do anything, let's just let everybody raise a bunch of cave children not prepared for the world.

that's ridiculous ben

the mother in that clip was very much on board with her child's education.

she does her learning in a fun way, rather than sat at a desk

she also attends probably more clubs and social activities than schooled children. her daughter certainly doesn't seem to be missing out on the social aspect.

i agree with her also in that you cannot tailor your lessons to each individual child when you have 30 or so in a class all at different levels.

in fact i think that teacher sounded like a drone reading from a script. she didn't have a leg to stand on when up against the mother's arguments

cave children indeed

don't be a moron

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:42 pm



furthermore, a lot of teachers havent' got a clue about what they're teaching.

i remember when my eldest boy was in year 3 and learning about Henry V111. He proudly told me that Henry was a very little man, to which I replied that he certainly was not, he was very tall and muscular (before it all turned to fat) oh, said he, well that's what my teacher said

just that detail was enough for me to think the teacher's clearly a pratt

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by nicko on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Gelico is correct,lefty Uni's turning out Lefty Teachers who are turning out Lefty Pupils. Laughing
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12554
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 78
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:28 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain 3489511464

Yeh...

That sounds about right,  for you..

lol!

The NewsFix Hens Club and Child Abusers Collective are circling the wagons   !!!

Those reds are becoming a badge of honour..

Don't make stupid comments then. Child abusers? Get over yourself.

No, it wasn't me.

_________________

"There never was an Aaron, counselor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin

Posts : 33746
Join date : 2014-02-10

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 pm

gelico wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Let's let parents home-medicate their kids then! If you don't need qualifications to do anything, let's just let everybody raise a bunch of cave children not prepared for the world.

that's ridiculous ben

the mother in that clip was very much on board with her child's education.

she does her learning in a fun way, rather than sat at a desk

she also attends probably more clubs and social activities than schooled children.  her daughter certainly doesn't seem to be missing out on the social aspect.

i agree with her also in that you cannot tailor your lessons to each individual child when you have 30 or so in a class all at different levels.

in fact i think that teacher sounded like a drone reading from a script.  she didn't have a leg to stand on when up against the mother's arguments

cave children indeed

don't be a moron

Actually Gelico, there is much wrong with this mothers view on teaching. Espcially, when she admits to not knowing things and says to learn this together. Which means she may not be able to explain many things that are being taught

Hence why if she really wants to homeschool, she should get qualifications to do so

Every other teacher has to do so and also the progress should be half yearly monitored by professionals, to check the child is getting all the teaching needs.

There is far more upsides to teaching within school, than one or two parents. As within secondary school, they will have teachers, who teach specific to that subject. Which the mother will not have that experince or understanding

So to me, she should qualify herself first, to ensure her child is getting the best teaching from the mother

To me, the school has the better facility for children to learn and multiple teachers in their respective fields, is always going to be better than one or two parents with limit knowledge and understanding

The view that they are untrained, to being child abuse is blatantly absurd.

phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Eilzel on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:04 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Considering the appalling spelling of alleged 'adults' on social media (and, indeed, forums), not to mention ignorance on many subjects, I agree that in many cases home schooling would be akin to child abuse.

There should be immensely severe testing and monitoring of any parent choosing to home school tbh.

What?

Explain how its child abuse?

There is nothing wrong with home schooling if the parents are qualified teachers and to be honest many children are being taught to be fragile within schools today by the left.

How you can claim its child abuse based on what you percieve to be the best way to educate?

That is not child abuse in any shape or form

Considering the shit being taught to kids in school today by a majority leaning left victimology brigade, its no wonder the number is rising with homeschooling

However, I think anyone who teaches, has to be qualified.


I quite clearly refer to parents who are NOT qualified to teach. If they are, then while I don't particularly support home schooling, it obviously isn't akin to child abuse.

But if a child is taught by a parent who is below standard at most the subjects then that is setting a child up to fail and be disadvantaged for life. Not acceptable.

It is also abundantly clear from this thread and others that the suggested reasons for home schooling are generally paranoid bullshit:

- lefty 'brainwashing'
- evil vaccinations
- evil religious teachings

Come off it. These are not excuses to get away with bringing up kids who think evolution is monkeys turning into humans, global warming is a hoax, and not to know the difference between your and you're  Rolling Eyes

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8049
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:32 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

What?

Explain how its child abuse?

There is nothing wrong with home schooling if the parents are qualified teachers and to be honest many children are being taught to be fragile within schools today by the left.

How you can claim its child abuse based on what you percieve to be the best way to educate?

That is not child abuse in any shape or form

Considering the shit being taught to kids in school today by a majority leaning left victimology brigade, its no wonder the number is rising with homeschooling

However, I think anyone who teaches, has to be qualified.


I quite clearly refer to parents who are NOT qualified to teach. If they are, then while I don't particularly support home schooling, it obviously isn't akin to child abuse.

But if a child is taught by a parent who is below standard at most the subjects then that is setting a child up to fail and be disadvantaged for life. Not acceptable.

It is also abundantly clear from this thread and others that the suggested reasons for home schooling are generally paranoid bullshit:

- lefty 'brainwashing'
- evil vaccinations
- evil religious teachings

Come off it. These are not excuses to get away with bringing up kids who think evolution is monkeys turning into humans, global warming is a hoax, and not to know the difference between your and you're  Rolling Eyes

1) Eh, saying its akin to child abuse, has about as much reason, in your statement, as creationism. In other words, its meaningless. You are not sipulating how this is child abuse, for the second time stating

2) How is that setting the child up to fail, when its known kids, pass even when homeschooled? In other words, again you make an empty hollow statement. Its simple far better for a kid to attend school.

Sorry, but you simple are talking gibberish here Eilzel

3) I would not send kids to many schools today, what with the view, to teach them with a victimology and intersectionality. Its already having disatreous effects on students. Which is inherantly coming from the left.

Have you watched any of the things I have been posting by left wing Professors aghast at what is going on?

Or are you still wanting to suffer from ostrich parasitic syndrome?

These warped greivance studies that cast people white as evil and hetrosexual men as evil, are sexist and racist. Yet this sort of crap is being taught, to make people believe if born white, they are at fault for all the world problems

This is inherantly coming from the left and Iplace no stock in this teaching which is having a massive effect on the rise of mental health in students

Now I suggest you watch again what is going wrong


phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I quite clearly refer to parents who are NOT qualified to teach. If they are, then while I don't particularly support home schooling, it obviously isn't akin to child abuse.

But if a child is taught by a parent who is below standard at most the subjects then that is setting a child up to fail and be disadvantaged for life. Not acceptable.

It is also abundantly clear from this thread and others that the suggested reasons for home schooling are generally paranoid bullshit:

- lefty 'brainwashing'
- evil vaccinations
- evil religious teachings

Come off it. These are not excuses to get away with bringing up kids who think evolution is monkeys turning into humans, global warming is a hoax, and not to know the difference between your and you're  Rolling Eyes

1) Eh, saying its akin to child abuse, has about as much reason, in your statement, as creationism. In other words, its meaningless. You are not sipulating how this is child abuse, for the second time stating

didge, les is saying it ISN'T akin to child abuse.

2) How is that setting the child up to fail, when its known kids, pass even when homeschooled? In other words, again you make an empty hollow statement. Its simple far better for a kid to attend school.

Well, if the parent is well below standard themselves (and let's face it some people are as thick as mince) then les raises a very valid point. You yourself said there needed to be a minimal standard for parents, some kind of assessment or whatever.


Sorry, but you simple are talking gibberish here Eilzel

3) I would not send kids to many schools today, what with the view, to teach them with a victimology and intersectionality. Its already having disatreous effects on students. Which is inherantly coming from the left.

I agree with this


I think you are more in agreement with les than you realise

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:46 am

Eilzel wrote:Considering the appalling spelling of alleged 'adults' on social media (and, indeed, forums), not to mention ignorance on many subjects, I agree that in many cases home schooling would be akin to child abuse.

There should be immensely severe testing and monitoring of any parent choosing to home school tbh.

For Gelico

That is showing he thinks in most cases.

Not sure how grammar would even come into this. It does not keep me up at night.

What are these cases and is it even most?

To the next point on parents. I have already stated and reasoned to you on this why I think schools would be better

However making sweeping statements on the parents with no data or information is poor to say the least

My views was not based on intelligence of the parents, but simple, they would be limited on subjects. Where as teachers, will be specialized when in secondary school for different subjects. Parents would be hard pushed to be comparable in this instance

So yes Gelico, on many points I do agree with Eilzel, but I also think poor arguments are being made on genralisations of the parents

phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Eilzel on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:52 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

What?

Explain how its child abuse?

There is nothing wrong with home schooling if the parents are qualified teachers and to be honest many children are being taught to be fragile within schools today by the left.

How you can claim its child abuse based on what you percieve to be the best way to educate?

That is not child abuse in any shape or form

Considering the shit being taught to kids in school today by a majority leaning left victimology brigade, its no wonder the number is rising with homeschooling

However, I think anyone who teaches, has to be qualified.


I quite clearly refer to parents who are NOT qualified to teach. If they are, then while I don't particularly support home schooling, it obviously isn't akin to child abuse.

But if a child is taught by a parent who is below standard at most the subjects then that is setting a child up to fail and be disadvantaged for life. Not acceptable.

It is also abundantly clear from this thread and others that the suggested reasons for home schooling are generally paranoid bullshit:

- lefty 'brainwashing'
- evil vaccinations
- evil religious teachings

Come off it. These are not excuses to get away with bringing up kids who think evolution is monkeys turning into humans, global warming is a hoax, and not to know the difference between your and you're  Rolling Eyes

1) Eh, saying its akin to child abuse, has about as much reason, in your statement, as creationism. In other words, its meaningless. You are not sipulating how this is child abuse, for the second time stating

2) How is that setting the child up to fail, when its known kids, pass even when homeschooled? In other words, again you make an empty hollow statement. Its simple far better for a kid to attend school.

Sorry, but you simple are talking gibberish here Eilzel

3) I would not send kids to many schools today, what with the view, to teach them with a victimology and intersectionality. Its already having disatreous effects on students. Which is inherantly coming from the left.

Have you watched any of the things I have been posting by left wing Professors aghast at what is going on?

Or are you still wanting to suffer from ostrich parasitic syndrome?

These warped greivance studies that cast people white as evil and hetrosexual men as evil, are sexist and racist. Yet this sort of crap is being taught, to make people believe if born white, they are at fault for all the world problems

This is inherantly coming from the left and Iplace no stock in this teaching which is having a massive effect on the rise of mental health in students

Now I suggest you watch again what is going wrong


I think you didn't read my first paragraph... At least Gelico did Smile

I'm sure most who already home school ARE qualified, and while I don't like the idea, that obviously isn't child abuse. (2nd time saying it, got it this time?)

And all these stories about radical teachers make the news because they are the exception, not the norm. There will be exceptionally strong minded RW teachers too, they just won't make the news as much because they are likely hidden away in religious schools (Muslim and Christian).

They are still exceptions though, and not reason for pulling kids out of schools en masse.

_________________
"The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead" Teddy Roosevelt

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 8049
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 34
Location : Lan Na

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 am

Eilzel wrote:
Thor wrote:

1) Eh, saying its akin to child abuse, has about as much reason, in your statement, as creationism. In other words, its meaningless. You are not sipulating how this is child abuse, for the second time stating

2) How is that setting the child up to fail, when its known kids, pass even when homeschooled? In other words, again you make an empty hollow statement. Its simple far better for a kid to attend school.

Sorry, but you simple are talking gibberish here Eilzel

3) I would not send kids to many schools today, what with the view, to teach them with a victimology and intersectionality. Its already having disatreous effects on students. Which is inherantly coming from the left.

Have you watched any of the things I have been posting by left wing Professors aghast at what is going on?

Or are you still wanting to suffer from ostrich parasitic syndrome?

These warped greivance studies that cast people white as evil and hetrosexual men as evil, are sexist and racist. Yet this sort of crap is being taught, to make people believe if born white, they are at fault for all the world problems

This is inherantly coming from the left and Iplace no stock in this teaching which is having a massive effect on the rise of mental health in students

Now I suggest you watch again what is going wrong


I think you didn't read my first paragraph... At least Gelico did Smile

I'm sure most who already home school ARE qualified, and while I don't like the idea, that obviously isn't child abuse. (2nd time saying it, got it this time?)

And all these stories about radical teachers make the news because they are the exception, not the norm. There will be exceptionally strong minded RW teachers too, they just won't make the news as much because they are likely hidden away in religious schools (Muslim and Christian).

They are still exceptions though, and not reason for pulling kids out of schools en masse.

I read your earlier post, which you seem to have forgotten about and thus posted again

See previous post,. you did say in most cases, without ever clarifying what kind of case or evidence it is most cases.

The studies are showing they are in many numbers within certatin areas of the US. So its hardly something small, but has grow to such a point. Many Professors are afraid to say anything, in case they lose their jobs

I posted about the 3 leftist Professors that made up grievance studies, that got Peer-reviewed. They did this to expose this madness, that has taken over many Universities. In one of these papers, they used Mein Kampf and swaped out the word Jew and replaced it with men. This got acceppted and peer reviewded. This is the extent of the madness happenning and its coming from a militant leftism that is formed around intersectionality. The numbers of RW teachers anmd Professors is dwindling all the time, espcially in this country. People are denied the ability to express opinions and cast as prejuidced bigots, simple for challenging this poor hateful ideologies. That claim to stand against racism and sexism, but are inherantly sexist again men and racist against white people.

I dont know how much more evidence that you need, but watch the video, which has studied what areas, this is now a problem within the US. It comes from parentingand teachers, that have made children so utterly fragile

phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:04 am

You seriously need to watch this Eilzel

Hope you do.

Gelico, if you get time, please watch


phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:04 am

Thor wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Considering the appalling spelling of alleged 'adults' on social media (and, indeed, forums), not to mention ignorance on many subjects, I agree that in many cases home schooling would be akin to child abuse.

There should be immensely severe testing and monitoring of any parent choosing to home school tbh.

For Gelico

That is showing he thinks in most cases.

Not sure how grammar would even come into this. It does not keep me up at night.

well, I can tell you, I know a guy who works as a CSA advisor. Not sure what the initials even stand for but he helps people with their CVs and he told me that 67% of all job CV rejections are down to spelling mistakes and poor grammar, so I'm guessing that to a lot of companies it does matter.

So yes Gelico, on many points I do agree with Eilzel, but I also think poor arguments are being made on genralisations of the parents

I don't think les meant to generalise as such but I'm sure you would agree there are some people who are just totally thick and completely unsuitable to homeschool. If they attempted to do so and the child was so poorly equipped for adult life that it suffered, it would indeed by akin to child abuse, even if not intentional. However the suitability of parents to homeschool would surely be made evident through the assessment system that you advocated for. Agree also with that by the way

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:12 am

gelico wrote:
Thor wrote:

For Gelico

That is showing he thinks in most cases.

Not sure how grammar would even come into this. It does not keep me up at night.

well, I can tell you, I know a guy who works as a CSA advisor.  Not sure what the initials even stand for but he helps people with their CVs and he told me that 67% of all job CV rejections are down to spelling mistakes and poor grammar,  so I'm guessing that to a lot of companies it does matter.

So yes Gelico, on many points I do agree with Eilzel, but I also think poor arguments are being made on genralisations of the parents

I don't think les meant to generalise as such but I'm sure you would agree there are some people who are just totally thick and completely unsuitable to homeschool.  If they attempted to do so and the child was so poorly equipped for adult life that it suffered, it would indeed by akin to child abuse, even if not intentional.  However the suitability of parents to homeschool would surely be made evident through the assessment system that you advocated for.  Agree also with that by the way


I am not very good at grammar, so what does that matter and have never had problems getting employment?

So I would rather se where they get that figure from, because I have employed quite a few people and grammar has never been an issue. 

Espically now there is so many systems that have spell check

I have already agreed on points with Eilzel, but how do you test whether someone can homeschool or not?

I already said, they should have to be qualified, and as seen we agree on assessments

Then there is no further issue on this.

So I agree on points you both make. I just think its wrong to generalise when none of us have any data on this

phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by phildidge on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:46 pm

I found this interesting from an actress on homeschooling for balance


phildidge

Posts : 9442
Join date : 2018-11-16

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by 'Wolfie on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:48 am

Thor wrote:
I found this interesting from an actress on homeschooling for balance



Smile

One interesting thing about Mayim Bialik...

Just like her character on The Big Bamg Theory, she herself has a university education, with a B.Sc and a Ph.D in Neuroscience..

Putting her own situation well ahead of some of those clueless dropout wombles seen in the O/P, and other threads.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Posts : 7739
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 61
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Back to top Go down

Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:47 am

the best option is just Improve public education  Would You Homeschool Your Child? | Good Morning Britain 202592697

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 19095
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 36
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum