Have the Democrats handed everything to Trump?

Go down

Have the Democrats handed everything to Trump? Empty Have the Democrats handed everything to Trump?

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:42 am

The only link I could find was on infowars so not posting it but heard via twitter that Hilary Clinton is planning to run again in 2020.

She had every media outlet on her side, corporations, huge money spent etc etc and she lost back then

she now wants to re-brand as a far left progressive

what are the chances?

Back to top Go down

Have the Democrats handed everything to Trump? Empty Re: Have the Democrats handed everything to Trump?

Post by Eilzel on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:54 am

gelico wrote:

The only link I could find was on infowars so not posting it but heard via twitter that Hilary Clinton is planning to run again in 2020.

She had every media outlet on her side, corporations, huge money spent etc etc and she lost back then

she now wants to re-brand as a far left progressive

what are the chances?

If she runs then the chances are zero.

She is as far from a Far Left Progressive as can be.

Hopefully she'll do America and the world a favour by not embarrassing herself a third time over.

Give Bernie the run ffs Twisted Evil

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Have the Democrats handed everything to Trump? Empty Re: Have the Democrats handed everything to Trump?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 am

Arrow

It's probably more likely that Hillary will end up throwing her support behind a more moderate/'centrist' Democrat Party candidate (after all, their first hurdle would be to get through the "Primaries"..).

Both Bill and Hillary Clinton have, in all honesty, been 'centre right' politicians, by international standards --  with both of them having select big business concerns backing them, especially on Wall Street, as well as in Hollywood and the mainstream media..

It simply wouldn't wash to have Hillary reinventing herself as some kind of 'lefty'/liberal/'progressive' at this late stage.  What really makes the Clintons look like "lefties by American -centric measures, is simply comparing them to just how far to the 'right' the Republican Party has swung over the last 10 years.

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am

The Russo-Republicans have done a thorough job of re-branding her.  Once the darling child of the first woman president syndrome, she couldn't even get women to vote for her.  

Although she has never broken any laws, the Russo-Republicans have convinced the voters that she should be 'locked up".  Politics is not rational.

Turns out, she is just not popular.  People don't like women who have that bec pince look.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:16 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Arrow

It's probably more likely that Hillary will end up throwing her support behind a more moderate/'centrist' Democrat Party candidate (after all, their first hurdle would be to get through the "Primaries"..).

Both Bill and Hillary Clinton have, in all honesty, been 'centre right' politicians, by international standards --  with both of them having select big business concerns backing them, especially on Wall Street, as well as in Hollywood and the mainstream media..

It simply wouldn't wash to have Hillary reinventing herself as some kind of 'lefty'/liberal/'progressive' at this late stage.  What really makes the Clintons look like "lefties by American -centric measures, is simply comparing them to just how far to the 'right' the Republican Party has swung over the last 10 years.

Fully agree with them being centre right. The Dems are in many ways akin the Tories in the UK. The Republicans wouldn't get a look in in western Europe Laughing

And actually, noting this is from infowars, while Clinton may have the audacity to run again, it won't be as a progressive leftist. The DNC clearly loathes the far left.

For Jones and infowars though, anything left of Fox News is considered radical...

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:25 am

Smile

Those Republican propagandists (probably led by Steve Bannon &company), Russian hackers, Faux News, and Southern Baptist/Evangelicals, have probably done such a good job of bringing fear, racism and sexism to the fore, that you're not likely to see either female or 'coloured' candidates being put forward for another couple of decades, now...

What's the bet that next years Democrat candidate ends up being a mainstream, moderate 'white' male ???

Might Joe Biden get the nod ahead of Bernie Sanders ?

Henry David Thoreau
WhoseYourWolfie
WhoseYourWolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:37 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Smile

Those Republican propagandists (probably led by Steve Bannon &company), Russian hackers, Faux News, and Southern Baptist/Evangelicals,  have probably done such a good job of bringing fear, racism and sexism to the fore, that you're not likely to see either female or 'coloured' candidates being put forward for another couple of decades, now...

What's the bet that next years Democrat candidate ends up being a mainstream, moderate 'white' male ???

Might Joe Biden get the nod ahead of Bernie Sanders ?

Blacks are now respected. Obama was probably the best president we've ever had...history will tell.

I fear America will never go for a female president. Unlike European governments, the executive figure in the US is elected directly by the people, with a slight detour into the Electoral College. So, it's a popularity contest.

Central Casting doesn't call for a female in the role. It's leading man stuff...father of the family, captain of industry, hero in a torn shirt...or nothing.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:23 am

Beto 2020!!!!

-Old 97s
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:15 pm

I like Beto. I particularly like that he comes from west Texas, the calm, cool and collected part of Texas. We might even include El Paso in the Pacific States.

Razz

Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:I like Beto.  I particularly like that he comes from west Texas, the calm, cool and collected part of Texas.  We might even include El Paso in the Pacific States.

Razz

Every major city in Texas was won by O'Rourke. Just give it time, and we'll return to the proud Texas Democratic tradition that not only gave America Beto, but also Wendy Davis, Anne Richards, and LBJ's Great Society - Medicare, Medicaid, the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, along with a slew of other programs that protect the powerless.

-Old 97s
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:10 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I like Beto.  I particularly like that he comes from west Texas, the calm, cool and collected part of Texas.  We might even include El Paso in the Pacific States.

Razz

Every major city in Texas was won by O'Rourke. Just give it time, and we'll return to the proud Texas Democratic tradition that not only gave America Beto, but also Wendy Davis, Anne Richards, and LBJ's Great Society - Medicare, Medicaid, the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act, along with a slew of other programs that protect the powerless.

Wendy too...I like her. Wendy with Beto as vp would be a good ticket. But as I said elsewhere, I don't think a woman can win the big race.

Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum