Who were you

Go down

Who were you Empty Who were you

Post by nicko on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:24 am

If you would like to think you had a previous life, who do you think you were ?
I think I was Jesus, nah more like Attila the Hun !
Who do you think you were ?
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Who were you Empty Re: Who were you

Post by eddie on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:46 am

I was one of the first witches they burnt at the stake.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Probably a peasant somewhere in rural England.

Isn't it odd that when people are hypnotised and regress back to a previous life....they are always far more important than what they are in this life. Razz

Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:26 pm

I'd like to think I was Boudicca but I expect I was more likely one of the short lived, starving great unwashed peasants of medieval times working myself to an early grave in the fields for the local lord (after the Norman conquest things got a lot worse for peasants).

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:27 pm

eddie wrote:I was one of the first witches they burnt at the stake.

I've always thought that fate happened to me too Ed. Shocked
magica
magica

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:07 pm

magica wrote:

I've always thought that fate happened to me too Ed. Shocked

Hahahahaha we shall stick together mags. Suspect

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 pm

My problem with reincarnation is that there are way more people now than there used to be, so most people couldn't be the reincarnation of anybody.

Either that or you're the second reincarnation of a soul, which first inhabited someone who died within the past century (aka no big deal).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:13 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:My problem with reincarnation is that there are way more people now than there used to be, so most people couldn't be the reincarnation of anybody.

Either that or you're the second reincarnation of a soul, which first inhabited someone who died within the past century (aka no big deal).

So in answer to the question “who were you?” we can guess you were a thread partypooper. Rolling Eyes

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:32 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:My problem with reincarnation is that there are way more people now than there used to be, so most people couldn't be the reincarnation of anybody.

Cool Cool Cool Cool  to Play the game Cool Cool Cool Cool

I am a Reincarnation of one of the Ancient Trees that fell and whose Flesh was used to Build the Great Sail Ships 
I am the Reincarnation of the Tasmanian Tiger whose kind was hunted to extinction

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:53 am

no Veya, you are the reincarnation, in the words of Pooh Bah (the mikado) of a primordial protoplasmic atomic globule.....

Patience my Ass......I' m gonna KILLsomething

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

[b]I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:00 am

Lord Foul wrote:no Veya, you are the reincarnation, in the words of Pooh Bah (the mikado)  of a primordial protoplasmic atomic globule.....

what would you know townie ?

you are in no way shape or form in touch with nature or spirit 
You walk around cultivated fields shooting rabbits. 
that is not being in tune with nature, that is the opposite

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:06 am

I suppose you go nibble grass with them eh?

.(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:23 am

no... I just watch them graze, play, raise babies and occasionally get hunted by cats, foxes or hawks.

but 'we' do see each other everyday, their warren extends from My Paddock through the adjoining crown land and cemetery.  they have gotten so used to my presence they ignore me as I go about my business.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:54 am

veya_victaous wrote:no... I just watch them graze, play, raise babies and occasionally get hunted by cats, foxes or hawks.

but 'we' do see each other everyday, their warren extends from My Paddock through the adjoining crown land and cemetery.  they have gotten so used to my presence they ignore me as I go about my business.

That sounds cool, veya. Good life, out there. Smile

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:36 am

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:no... I just watch them graze, play, raise babies and occasionally get hunted by cats, foxes or hawks.

That sounds cool, veya.  Good life, out there. Smile

I'm Striving to be a Disney Princess  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Who were you Original

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Good show. I was Mathew Hopkins.

...though in reality, we wouldn't have burned you, we would have hanged you.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Who were you Original

Well you are half way there as it is Veya...my little princess......... such a precious
Who were you 3489511464

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:47 am

whatever snowflake 

just cause You like to Dress up and play 'druid' while fondling your limp twig  Razz Razz Razz Razz

Go shoot Some Bunnies. I'm sure killing defenseless animals makes you feel like a real big man Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 am

Are you a Veggie Veya ?
nicko
nicko

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:12 am

nicko wrote:Are you a Veggie Veya ?

No,

killing to eat is out of necessity of nature, I have no problem with that, I've watched the neighbor's cat (a big semi-feral 'tuxedo' cat) hunt the rabbits and seen a hawk take a small one.. I would kill the rabbit to eat too if i needed too... But that wouldn't make me feel like a 'big man' or 'in touch with nature'

Besides that, Veggies are still life forms your still killing them by eating them Neutral

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:28 am

Back to the OP
@ Nicko

I'm going to guess one for you
Dian Wei
Which you probably never heard of but it is a complement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dian_Wei

He is Warrior from Chinese history around 190AD.

an excerpt

Around September 194,[9] when Cao Cao was at war with a rival warlord Lü Bu in Yan Province, he launched a surprise night raid on one of Lü Bu's camps located 40-50 li west of Puyang County and destroyed it before dawn.[10] Just as Cao Cao and his troops were planning to return to their base, Lü Bu personally led reinforcements from Puyang County to attack them and caught them in an onrush.[11]
Dian Wei ordered dozens of men to gather around him, put on two layers of armour, discard their shields and arm themselves only with spears and jis.[12] Another wave of enemy soldiers closing in from the west unleashed a barrage of arrows onto Dian Wei and his men. Dian Wei remained oblivious to the arrows and told his men, "Let me know when the enemy is ten paces away." The men did so. Dian Wei then said again, "Let me know when they are five paces away." The men then suddenly cried out in fear, "The enemy is upon us!" Dian Wei was holding on to a dozen jis, and he flung them at the enemy when they approached him. Each ji knocked down an enemy soldier and not a single one missed its target.[13]
As the sun rose, Lü Bu retreated back to Puyang while Cao Cao withdrew back to his base as well. Cao Cao was so impressed with Dian Wei that he promoted him to the rank of Commandant (都尉) and put him in command of hundreds of his personal bodyguards who patrolled the areas around his tent.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Of course veya is a veggie......
Cabbage comes to mind.

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:25 am

Lord Foul wrote:Of course veya is a veggie......
Cabbage comes to mind.

Literally all you do is Cosplay at being in touch with nature 
because You don't have the Balls to exist in it 
You are Nothing but a Lie and you know it.

Your not even a cabbage that is way too natural for You 
Your the equivalent of cheese in a can ... 100% Fake

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:42 am

veya_victaous wrote:Back to the OP
@ Nicko

Dian Wei

an excerpt

Around September 194,[9] when Cao Cao was at war with a rival warlord Lü Bu in Yan Province, he launched a surprise night raid on one of Lü Bu's camps located 40-50 li west of Puyang County and destroyed it before dawn.[10] Just as Cao Cao and his troops were planning to return to their base, Lü Bu personally led reinforcements from Puyang County to attack them and caught them in an onrush.[11]
Dian Wei ordered dozens of men to gather around him, put on two layers of armour, discard their shields and arm themselves only with spears and jis.[12] Another wave of enemy soldiers closing in from the west unleashed a barrage of arrows onto Dian Wei and his men. Dian Wei remained oblivious to the arrows and told his men, "Let me know when the enemy is ten paces away." The men did so. Dian Wei then said again, "Let me know when they are five paces away." The men then suddenly cried out in fear, "The enemy is upon us!" Dian Wei was holding on to a dozen jis, and he flung them at the enemy when they approached him. Each ji knocked down an enemy soldier and not a single one missed its target.[13]
As the sun rose, Lü Bu retreated back to Puyang while Cao Cao withdrew back to his base as well. Cao Cao was so impressed with Dian Wei that he promoted him to the rank of Commandant (都尉) and put him in command of hundreds of his personal bodyguards who patrolled the areas around his tent.

Hmmmm, a very romantazied version, hence its very difficult to assertain what is fact from fiction

Most is fictional

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:07 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Back to the OP
@ Nicko

Dian Wei

an excerpt

Hmmmm, a very romantazied version, hence its very difficult to assertain what is fact from fiction

Most is fictional

umm no that is the Non-fiction version. 

Non-fiction factual account of Dian Wei's death 

Dian Wei stood guard at the entrance to the camp and prevented Zhang Xiu's soldiers from advancing further. The enemy then scattered and broke into Cao Cao's camp from the other entrances. Dian Wei had about a dozen men with him and they were all heavily outnumbered by Zhang Xiu's forces.[22] However, Dian Wei fought bravely with a long ji, and with each swing of his weapon, he broke more than ten enemy spears. As the battle went on, Dian Wei's men were eventually all killed and Dian himself had sustained several wounds all over his body, but he continued fighting the enemy at close quarters with short weapons. Dian Wei grabbed two enemies and killed them, and the others did not dare to approach him.[23] Dian Wei then rushed forward and slew several more enemy soldiers before eventually succumbing to his wounds. Just before his death, he was still glaring and swearing at the enemy. Only after confirming that Dian Wei was dead did the enemies dare to come forward and decapitate him. Dian Wei's head was passed around for Zhang Xiu's men to see. They also came to look at his headless body

Compared to the analysis of 'Romance of the 3 Kingdoms' 

Dian Wei's death at the Battle of Wancheng is described in greater detail in Chapter 16, but is more exaggerated than his historical biography. In this exaggeration, it was mentioned that Dian Wei was able to pick up the dead bodies of enemies by their feet and swing them as a means of attack, before he was finally killed by raining arrows and piercing spears. At Dian Wei's funeral, Cao Cao wept and told his followers, "I don't feel very sad over the loss of my eldest son (Cao Ang) and my favourite nephew (Cao Anmin). I'm only mourning Dian Wei!"

In Fiction he is an EVEN greater Warrior 
Because he WAS so good in Real life that almost 2000 years after his death You think his Real Deeds are fiction

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Most is fictional

umm no that is the Non-fiction version. 

Non-fiction factual account of Dian Wei's death 

Dian Wei stood guard at the entrance to the camp and prevented Zhang Xiu's soldiers from advancing further. The enemy then scattered and broke into Cao Cao's camp from the other entrances. Dian Wei had about a dozen men with him and they were all heavily outnumbered by Zhang Xiu's forces.[22] However, Dian Wei fought bravely with a long ji, and with each swing of his weapon, he broke more than ten enemy spears. As the battle went on, Dian Wei's men were eventually all killed and Dian himself had sustained several wounds all over his body, but he continued fighting the enemy at close quarters with short weapons. Dian Wei grabbed two enemies and killed them, and the others did not dare to approach him.[23] Dian Wei then rushed forward and slew several more enemy soldiers before eventually succumbing to his wounds. Just before his death, he was still glaring and swearing at the enemy. Only after confirming that Dian Wei was dead did the enemies dare to come forward and decapitate him. Dian Wei's head was passed around for Zhang Xiu's men to see. They also came to look at his headless body

Compared to the analysis of 'Romance of the 3 Kingdoms' 

Dian Wei's death at the Battle of Wancheng is described in greater detail in Chapter 16, but is more exaggerated than his historical biography. In this exaggeration, it was mentioned that Dian Wei was able to pick up the dead bodies of enemies by their feet and swing them as a means of attack, before he was finally killed by raining arrows and piercing spears. At Dian Wei's funeral, Cao Cao wept and told his followers, "I don't feel very sad over the loss of my eldest son (Cao Ang) and my favourite nephew (Cao Anmin). I'm only mourning Dian Wei!"

In Fiction he is an EVEN greater Warrior 
Because he WAS so good in Real life that almost 2000 years after his death You think his Real Deeds are fiction

Show me the age of the sources and corroborating sources for this man, compared to the time he lived?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:27 am

So I guess you do not know Veya

Here you go

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Records_of_the_Three_Kingdoms

Again no corroborating other works, but to me, will be based on part fact, part fiction. What is difficult to assertain and again is fact from fiction. Again this is more evident in how the records were comprised to show the legitamcy of the Jin dynasty

Very interesting time of history, but whilst I do not doubt there is certainly facts from the era, Its very diffficult to know.  Especially as it was heavily edited and expanded later on. What would help, is to see the varierty of original sources they used at the time, to complete this.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:45 am

LOL 

I pointed out the 2nd quote is from the romance of the 3 kingdoms dick head 
Read other peoples post or stop interrupting 

the first is HISTORICAL the 2nd is from the romance of 3 kingdoms 

which is based on the real history 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zizhi_Tongjian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_the_Later_Han

which the 'romance of the 3 kingdoms' is based on being written some 1100 years after the Zizhi Tongjian

and Book of the Later Han is from the 5th century (1 thousand years Before the romance of 3 kingdoms was written) 

The Book of the Later Han, also known as the History of the Later Han and by its Chinese name Hou Hanshu, is one of the Twenty-Four Histories and covers the history of the Han dynasty from 6 to 189 CE, a period known as the Later or Eastern Han. The book was compiled by Fan Ye and others in the 5th century during the Liu Song dynasty, using a number of earlier histories and documents as sources.

His Historical Record is Greater and more certain than Any Roman or Greek that lived. 

so I await YOUR apology since YOU are clearly wrong 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:35 am

Which proves you have no idea about historicity do you Veya?

Your first link is from 900 years after the said events, published in published in 1084

The second was compiled 300 years after the events The book was compiled by Fan Ye and others in the 5th century during the Liu Song dynasty, using a number of earlier histories and documents as sources.

My link showed it was compiled near to after the event

The primary body of the text was written by Chen Shou in the third century and combines the smaller histories of Cao Wei, Shu Han and Eastern Wu into a single text.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Records_of_the_Three_Kingdoms

That is not the romance you dummy which was written in the 14th century ha ha ha, but the records, of the three kingdoms

lol!

I suggest you go back to school

As again where is the original sources used?

As books, without out corroboration are fairly difficult to class as factual

I shall await you to recognise what a brainless baffoon you are

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:56 am

I had no idea you had to be historically accurate and oh so serious in a fun thread, unless you are delusional about who you think you were of course.
Anyhow, I've been wondering if having an affinity to a time or place would have something to do with being reincarnated, if indeed there is such a thing.
I am quite drawn to the Plantaganet and Tudor eras, a bit of a dangerous time to exist but when hasn't been, I also like the Britain prior to the Roman invasion, hence Boudicca, another time I am drawn to is the years of the second world war, it could be having been born a few years after the end of the war the majority of people I would have known would be people who had experienced it all and there would be the reverberations of it all still going on, I still have my milk ration card.
As for places I felt comfortable in many different places but the one that surprised me with the distinct feeling of connection was the area around New Haven fort and the fort itself in its ww2 years, I really enjoyed looking around the fort and its ww2 exhibition.

Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:23 am

your come backs are like your existance veya, repetative and boring Razz

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:16 pm

You do realise that we don't just incarnate on this planet, or this dimension, don't you?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Who were you Kisspng-snow-white-seven-dwarfs-grumpy-dopey-bashful-dwarf-5ab86218b90da5.571381901522033176758
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:20 pm

I had several past life regressions under hypno. Very interesting.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Who were you Kisspng-snow-white-seven-dwarfs-grumpy-dopey-bashful-dwarf-5ab86218b90da5.571381901522033176758

Where did you get the Pic of Lord Foul Razz Razz Razz Razz

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:04 am

Who were you 3408175593

That would be a good image for LF to put on his next Christmas cards...

And inside, he could have  "Bah, humbug!   And a happy New Year."

Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum