The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Didge on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:56 pm

First topic message reminder :



By Haeckel, Ernst Heinrich Philipp August, 1834-1919 - 

In recent weeks there have been alarming reports from both Israel and Turkey of Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution being erased from school curriculums. In Turkey, this has been blamed on the concept of evolution – which is taught in British primary schools – being beyond the understanding of high school students. In Israel, teachers are claiming that most students do not learn about evolution; they say their education ministry is quietly encouraging teachers to focus on other topics in biology.

This news follows the astonishing statements made by India’s minister for higher education earlier this year. Satyapal Singh claimed Darwin was “scientifically wrong”, and is demanding that the theory of evolution be removed from school curriculums because no one “ever saw an ape turning into a human being”.


It is tempting to shrug off these latest attacks on Darwin’s greatest contribution to natural science. After all, no other scientific theory has attracted the same level of impassioned opposition and detraction – certainly not for more than 150 years. But that would be to miss the particular urgency of improving our scientific understanding of the natural world and how best to protect it for the future.


Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.



SOURCE THE GUARDIAN

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down


Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:54 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Firstly...


Posting up some waffle from a bullshit 'fact checker' web site, as being the authority on what is/isn't fact, is simply irrelevant waffle...!


Secondly...


Article quotes experts saying fossils show examples of fully formed species... none showing origin in transitional form...


And the cambrian period shows the huge number of new species suddenly appearing... again fully formed... and no evidence of transitional change from anything before...





So where is this conclusive evidence that you claim...?





BULLSHIT retard!!!

there are like 20 different tyrannosaurs EACH a transition from each other 

those in the Cambrian are trilobites and there are thousands of Examples of transition !!!

 the Trilobita, made up of ten orders, over 150 families, about 5,000 genera, and over 20,000 described species. New species of trilobites are unearthed and described every year.



that is Complete made up shit by retards that have Not even basic knowledge because they were taught Stupid shit like creationism is Science calls 

At this point it's not believing in science, it is ACCEPTING it 

If you don't then I think for humanities Evolution you should Put down.
You don't deserve any medicine if you can't accept where it comes from. 
we need to Stop Giving Idiots Oxygen

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18521
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 am


"Most major groups of animals appear abruptly in the fossil record fully formed and with no fossils yet discovered that form any transition"




_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:16 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Firstly...

Posting up some waffle from a bullshit 'fact checker' web site, as being the authority on what is/isn't fact, is simply irrelevant waffle...!

Secondly...

Article quotes experts saying fossils show examples of fully formed species... none showing origin in transitional form...

And the cambrian period shows the huge number of new species suddenly appearing... again fully formed... and no evidence of transitional change from anything before...

So where is this conclusive evidence that you claim...?



This is what I mean about you being such a thick know-nothing fucktard anti-science fool, Tommy...

Evolution comes about through advantageous mutations from one generation to another, while any disadvantageous mutations die out..    ("Survival of the Fittest").

Small 'incremental' steps across many generations over millennia, until eventually a new varietal strain is so far removed from the original species that it can be recognised and classified as a completely new species wkthin it's own right.     ("Evolution of the Species").

You're the only fool spouting "waffle", gibberish and balderdash with your fantasy-inspired and nonsensical pseudo-scientific gobbledygook, Tommy..

Fossil evidence, 'empirical' scientific analysis and clear thinking will trump your moronic propagandising on purely religious grounds any day...

Which, by the way, is totally ludicrous coming from anti-Christian fascist such as yoir nasty self, Tommy  !

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6156
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:31 am

Try reading what some of the experts say... including Darwin himself...


https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fossil


lol!


Maybe you armchair experts have been a little misinformed...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Eilzel on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:11 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Try reading what some of the experts say... including Darwin himself...


https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fossil


lol!


Maybe you armchair experts have been a little misinformed...?



And you are a bonefide scientist, are you? PMSL

Most scientists are in agreement on the fact evolution happened, tommy, and who on earth are you to say you know better?

Plus, no attempt to use your own knowledge or understanding to answer my fairly basuc questions, which just shows you have no real understanding of the concepts discussed.

And Eds says people will look into this for themselves... Laughing

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6554
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Try reading what some of the experts say... including Darwin himself...

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fossil

lol!

Maybe you armchair experts have been a little misinformed...?

Rolling Eyes

You're the only "armchair expert" around here, Tommy --  you obnoxious little turd...

Having studied Biology, genetics, geology, epidemiology and biometry at university level --  and  you being the obvious struggling high school science drop-out that you are --  I have no doubt that I have already forgotten more about this topic than you will ever know, let alone understand..

Your self-proclaimed "geniusness" not withstanding.       Razz

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6156
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:30 pm

So... still no conclusive evidence...


The fossil records don't show what you want to believe...

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Original Quill on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So... still no conclusive evidence...

The fossil records don't show what you want to believe...

No proof of god, either. Guess we'd better keep lookin'. Twisted Evil

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25044
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
So... still no conclusive evidence...

The fossil records don't show what you want to believe...

Razz

It's not just what we evolutionists want to "believe" Tommy --  but rather,  simply the overwhelming fact that Darwinism-inspired evolution remains the one single theory that best helps at this time to explain the existence of that fossil "evidence" that you keep on harping back to...

Neither "creationism" nor it's newly repackaged and relabelled offspring "intelligent design" are actual theories as such, Tommy --  and until you actually produce a viable and genuine new theory to compete in this arena, Darwinism-inspired research will remain the leading probable champion..

If and when any "conclusive evidence" is produced, then evolution will in and of itself have evolved from being a theory into being recognised as a "law" of nature.

Not that you would acknowledge it as such, Tommy --  as with your personal take on such subjects as climate change, or various styles of political systems,  you will still most likely keep on living in your own alternative reality..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6156
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:19 am

So... as I said... it's just a theory... with no conclusive evidence... in fact, the more 'evidence' that is found, the more questionable the theory becomes...!


Now... either... what I've said is wrong... or... what I've said is correct...


If wrong, then show me what is right?


If correct, then just agree...!


Why the abuse and hostility?






_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Eilzel on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:34 am

Tommy Monk wrote:So... as I said... it's just a theory... with no conclusive evidence... in fact, the more 'evidence' that is found, the more questionable the theory becomes...!


Now... either... what I've said is wrong... or... what I've said is correct...


If wrong, then show me what is right?


If correct, then just agree...!


Why the abuse and hostility?






Because the ignorance and idiocy of evolution deniers is now poisoning classrooms and who nation's education systems. It isn't a minor issue. The likes of you are now actively attempting to deteriorate the education of students.

The evidence is overwhelmingly there for evolution, you just want everything wrapped in a nice box with a note saying 'proof of evolution' or you won't accept it.

Veya already showed there are fossils of Tyrannosaurs in various transitions.

I already explained that every species in one evolutionary chain is a transition in itself.

You just don't understand the concepts.

I'll ask my earlier question again:

If you don't believe evolution happened, what do you think did?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6554
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 am

Don't talk shite!!!


If there is any poison in classrooms, it will never be from teaching the truth...


What's so wrong with telling students that 'evolution' is just a theory, and not only completely unproven, but has more holes than a Swiss cheese...!?


What's wrong with telling them that Darwin himself even pointed out some major unexplainable flaws in his own theory...!?


But when I highlight some of Darwins own stated problems with his own theory... Then you have the cheek to try to say that we (myself & Darwin) just don't understand the theory properly...!!!???


lol!


Twat!!!




And... veya didn't SHOW anything... he made an UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIM about something... do you know the difference???



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:13 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
So... as I said... it's just a theory... with no conclusive evidence... in fact, the more 'evidence' that is found, the more questionable the theory becomes...!

Now... either... what I've said is wrong... or... what I've said is correct...

If wrong, then show me what is right?

If correct, then just agree...!

Why the abuse and hostility?

Neutral

"Abuse and hostility..", Tommy ???

Maybe because you keep on parroting both evolution denialists' and climate denialists' outright lies and twisted propaganda, week in and week out..

Get it through your thick head, Tommy :

This mythical contrary "evidence" to evolutionary theory that you keep on claiming simply doesn't exist -- showing up both you and your favourite denialist sites to be the outright lying dunces that you are.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6156
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Eilzel on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:18 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Don't talk shite!!!


If there is any poison in classrooms, it will never be from teaching the truth...


What's so wrong with telling students that 'evolution' is just a theory, and not only completely unproven, but has more holes than a Swiss cheese...!?


What's wrong with telling them that Darwin himself even pointed out some major unexplainable flaws in his own theory...!?


But when I highlight some of Darwins own stated problems with his own theory... Then you have the cheek to try to say that we (myself & Darwin) just don't understand the theory properly...!!!???


lol!


Twat!!!




And... veya didn't SHOW anything... he made an UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIM about something... do you know the difference???



Again you go back to Darwin alone, as if two hundred years of scientific research hasn't occured since.

And NO answers to ANY questions.

So ultimately just a mouthy coward who cannot discuss an issue.

Keep pretending you know more than actual scientists, you complete and utter moron.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6554
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:43 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Don't talk shite!!!


If there is any poison in classrooms, it will never be from teaching the truth...


What's so wrong with telling students that 'evolution' is just a theory, and not only completely unproven, but has more holes than a Swiss cheese...!?


What's wrong with telling them that Darwin himself even pointed out some major unexplainable flaws in his own theory...!?


But when I highlight some of Darwins own stated problems with his own theory... Then you have the cheek to try to say that we (myself & Darwin) just don't understand the theory properly...!!!???


lol!


Twat!!!




And... veya didn't SHOW anything... he made an UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIM about something... do you know the difference???



YOU ARE 100% WRONG 

it's not just a theory (In Science that is called a Hypothesis SO You just failed BASIC Science as you should) 
it is 'The Theory of' which does not mean Just a theory, but means PROVEN to fullest extent Possible And NO Disproof Exists 

Here is the animals that IS the link between Trilobites and Scorpions 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurypterid 
All the Info is there, 200 Million years showing step by step evolution from Trilobite to Modern Scorpion  

AGAIN you are 100% Wrong
Evolution is FACT!!! the mechanics of Evolution is still a Theory, that is the only part under debate the MECHANICS of It. We KNOW the 'engine that is Evolution' is there we just working out the Finer details of how it works.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18521
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Idea

Not only is Tommy totally wrong...

He is a 100% lying fucking piece of neo-nazi shit...

Not only a dusgusting racist fucking xenophobic degenerate piece of white supremacist eurocentric crap.

But a slithering cowardly piece of slime --  living proof that evolution can work in both directions..

When their grandkids realise what messes they have left them with, those future generations will be cursing the memories of those gormless, selfish and self-centred denialist twats the likes of Tommy, Smelly and their idiotic brethren...     Arrow

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6156
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by nicko on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Insults again, can't help it can you, Cockwomble !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10051
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Don't talk shite!!!


If there is any poison in classrooms, it will never be from teaching the truth...


What's so wrong with telling students that 'evolution' is just a theory, and not only completely unproven, but has more holes than a Swiss cheese...!?


What's wrong with telling them that Darwin himself even pointed out some major unexplainable flaws in his own theory...!?


But when I highlight some of Darwins own stated problems with his own theory... Then you have the cheek to try to say that we (myself & Darwin) just don't understand the theory properly...!!!???


lol!


Twat!!!




And... veya didn't SHOW anything... he made an UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIM about something... do you know the difference???



YOU ARE 100% WRONG 

it's not just a theory (In Science that is called a Hypothesis SO You just failed BASIC Science as you should) 
it is 'The Theory of' which does not mean Just a theory, but means PROVEN to fullest extent Possible And NO Disproof Exists 

Here is the animals that IS the link between Trilobites and Scorpions 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurypterid 
All the Info is there, 200 Million years showing step by step evolution from Trilobite to Modern Scorpion  

AGAIN you are 100% Wrong
Evolution is FACT!!! the mechanics of Evolution is still a Theory, that is the only part under debate the MECHANICS of It. We KNOW the 'engine that is Evolution' is there we just working out the Finer details of how it works.


Your link does not show what you claim at all...!!!


And you still haven't shown any evolutionary evidence of your T-rex claim...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20846
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Didge on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:12 am

The power of evolution is revealed through the diversity of life. The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2018 is awarded to Frances H. Arnold, George P. Smith and Sir Gregory P. Winter for the way they have taken control of evolution and used it for the greatest beneft to humankind. Enzymes developed through directed evolution are now used to produce biofuels and pharmaceuticals, among other things. Antibodies evolved using a method called phage display can combat autoimmune diseases and, in some cases, cure metastatic cancer. 



https://www.nobelprize.org/uploads/2018/10/popular-chemistryprize2018.pdf

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Didge on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 am

Adaptable lizards illustrate key evolutionary process proposed a century ago.

Side-blotched lizards in most of the Mojave Desert have tan and brown markings that blend in well with their desert surroundings. On the Pisgah Lava Flow, however, one finds a very different population of side-blotched lizards, as black as the rocks they live on.

How do animals invade new environments different from the ones for which evolution has equipped them with finely tuned adaptations? Light-colored lizards on a lava flow should be easy picking for predators, so how did they survive long enough to evolve darker coloration?

One explanation has been that many of an animal's traits are not fixed, but can change during its lifetime. This "phenotypic plasticity" enables individual animals to alter their appearance or behavior enough to survive in a new environment. Eventually, new adaptations promoting survival arise in the population through genetic changes and natural selection, which acts on the population over generations. This is known as the "Baldwin effect" after the psychologist James Mark Baldwin, who presented the idea in a landmark paper published in 1896.

Scientists studying the side-blotched lizards on the Pisgah Lava Flow have now documented this process in meticulous detail. They showed how individual lizards can change colors in a new environment to become darker on lava; they identified genes that regulate coloration and that differ between populations on and off the lava; and they found that the genetic changes in the population adapted to the lava flow make those lizards darker than others. Their findings, published September 6 in Current Biology, may be the most detailed example of the Baldwin effect occurring in a wild population.

"It's an old and very powerful idea, and now we have genetic evidence of how it happens in the wild," said coauthor Barry Sinervo, professor of ecology and evolutionary biology at UC Santa Cruz.

Sinervo has been studying side-blotched lizards in California for more than 30 years. First author Ammon Corl, who earned his Ph.D. in Sinervo's lab, is now at UC Berkeley's Museum of Vertebrate Zoology. Corl said he first learned of the Pisgah lizard population from an unpublished Ph.D. thesis by coauthor Claudia Luke, now at Sonoma State University.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180906141637.htm

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Didge on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:20 am

Evolutionary origins of animal biodiversity

A new study by an international team of researchers, led by scientists from the University of Bristol, has revealed the origins and evolution of animal body plans.

Animals evolved from unicellular ancestors, diversifying into thirty or forty distinct anatomical designs. When and how these designs emerged has been the focus of debate, both on the speed of evolutionary change, and the mechanisms by which fundamental evolutionary change occurs.

Did animal body plans emerge over eons of gradual evolutionary change, as Darwin suggested, or did these designs emerge in an explosive diversification episode during the Cambrian Period, about half a billion years ago?

The research team tackled this question by exhaustively compiling the presence and absence of thousands of features from all living animal groups.

Professor Philip Donoghue, from the University of Bristol's School of Earth Sciences, said: "This allowed us to create a 'shape space' for animal body plans, quantifying their similarities and differences.

"Our results show that fundamental evolutionary change was not limited to an early burst of evolutionary experimentation. Animal designs have continued to evolve to the present day -- not gradually as Darwin predicted -- but in fits and starts, episodically through their evolutionary history."

Co-author Bradley Deline, from the University of West Georgia (USA), added: "Our results are important in that they highlight the patterns and pathways in which animal body plans evolved.

"Moreover, major expansions in animal form following the Cambrian aligns with other major ecological transitions, such as the exploration of land.

"Many of the animals we are familiar with today are objectively bizarre compared with the Cambrian weird wonders. Frankly, butterflies and birds are stranger than anything swimming in the ancient sea."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180903152907.htm

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The removal of Darwin and evolution from schools is a backwards step

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum