Manchester church changes it's faith policy after young girls suicide.

Go down

Manchester church changes it's faith policy after young girls suicide.

Post by Syl on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:02 pm

Pity all churches, mosques, synagogues etc  dont follow suit.

"Four years ago, 14-year-old Lizzie Lowe took her own life because she did not believe she would be accepted at her church as a gay Christian.
Since then her church, St James in Didsbury, Manchester, and its sister church Emmanuel, has formally become an inclusive church - embracing everyone, regardless of gender, race, disability or sexuality.
Lizzie's parents believe embracing inclusion could help save the lives of other teenagers"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-manchester-45615029/didsbury-church-s-radical-change-after-gay-girl-s-suicide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manchester church changes it's faith policy after young girls suicide.

Post by SEXY MAMA on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:22 pm

How wonderful.

All places of worship should be like that.

You cannot act like God. Let HIM be the judge.

"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
SEXY MAMA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:52 pm

How many thousands of gay teenagers commit suicide in America because of these "loving" Christians who convince them that if they can't be something they decidedly cannot be, they'll never go to heaven.

Really pisses me off.

“As man advances in civilization, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races.”

Charles Darwin
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57 pm

What a sad state of affairs when a young person believes their God will hate them.

Whether you believe in God or not, this girl did.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm

I should remind people, its simple not just the Churches, Mosques, Synagogues.

Its the very people themselves, from parents, to siblings etc who are religious, that should be accepting of Homosexuals within their families. To me, this is the first point of call, to acceptance. Which is problematic based on how all the Abrahamic faiths are anti-homosexual. Hence everyone should be challenging poor prejudiced and discriminative religious beliefs. That have no place in a society today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:37 pm

This church has been called controversial for adopting it's all inclusive view, but surely its practicing the very thing that all religions are supposed to be based on, which is love and respect for your fellow human beings.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Didge wrote:I should remind people, its simple not just the Churches, Mosques, Synagogues.

Its the very people themselves, from parents, to siblings etc who are religious, that should be accepting of Homosexuals within their families. To me, this is the first point of call, to acceptance. Which is problematic based on how all the Abrahamic faiths are anti-homosexual. Hence everyone should be challenging poor prejudiced and discriminative religious beliefs. That have no place in a society today.

I agree, love and acceptence should start in the home.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down