Would you let him stay or deport him?

Go down

Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:41 pm

Amin has just 3 weeks before his medical science course starts. He is an asylum seeker from Iran who has lived in the UK since he was a child. All of his family have been granted the right to remain except for him. That’s why one week ago he started this petition and over 112,000 people have signed to help him.

His university has held a place for him to study but unless the Home Office grant his right to stay he will lose it.




Amin’s story:

My name is Amin, I’m nearly 21 and the UK has been home to me, my brother and my mum since I was a child. We arrived here as asylum seekers after my parents were forced to flee Iran. I have spent all of my secondary school years here in the UK. But months before I was due to attend University, I found out that I wouldn’t be able to go because I still had asylum seeker status.

I had no idea that would happen. I grew up here, made friends here. I saw my future here.

The last three years I’ve been waiting for the Home Office to grant me stay in the UK so that I can live my dream of studying medical science at Coventry University. I have now received a place at University but they have told me I can only take it up if the Home Office gives me the right visa status before terms starts. I have three weeks to make this happen. That’s why I have started this petition. Please sign.

The most heartbreaking thing for me is that the Home Office has granted everyone in my family the right to stay except me. My mum started the application process for us when me and my brother were children. But they didn’t grant right to stay until just after I turned 18. The Home Office have said I can't be counted on my mum’s application because I was now technically an adult. This decision is not only unfair, it flies against their asylum policy which says turning 18 shouldn’t matter. Paragraph 3.7 of "Asylum Policy Instructions, Dependents and Former dependents" states people like me should usually be counted alongside their parents, as long as the original application was made whilst you were still a child.

The last few years have felt like I have been stuck in prison. Until the Home Office makes a decision not only can I not attend University, I can’t work or drive.

If they don’t respond soon, I could be forced to leave my family, my girlfriend and my friends and return to a country where I am unsafe with no one. All I want is to go to uni, be with my family, and get a job where I can make a positive difference.

There is only three weeks to go before Coventry will have to give up my place. I urgently need the Home Office to grant me refugee status just like the rest of my family so that I can go to University this year and start living my life again.


*This was taken from an email sent to me by change.org
There is no link.








_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36006
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Vintage on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Apart from him having grown up here and that his mother and brother have been with him all this time, if successful in studying medical science he will be an asset - no problem he stays and is given the suitable status. His mother appears to have done the correct thing and if I read it correctly its the sluggish establishment that has taken so long to come to a decision, hardly his fault.

Vintage

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Vintage wrote:Apart from him having grown up here and that his mother and brother have been with him all this time, if successful in studying medical science he will be an asset - no problem he stays and is given the suitable status. His mother appears to have done the correct thing and if I read it correctly its the sluggish establishment that has taken so long to come to a decision, hardly his fault.

Exactly my thoughts and besides anything else, this country is his home.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36006
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Vintage on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:06 pm

it amazes me how apparently innocent people can be deported yet people who make trouble and commit crimes can't be deported.

Vintage

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Vintage wrote:it amazes me how apparently innocent people can be deported yet people who make trouble and commit crimes can't be deported.

I know. It’s just downright stupid.
This young man is obviously trying to make a success of his life and giving back to his country.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36006
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Syl on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:39 pm

Stupid red tape. It's inhumane to split him up from the rest of his family, they have all been granted the correct visas to stay here, he for some reason has not, even though the family have been here since this young man was a child.

He has been schooled here and has earned a place at uni.....where is the petition to sign?
I will gladly sign it.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16827
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by eddie on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:08 pm

Sly, Google change.org and his name.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36006
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:28 am

He should stay, it would be ridiculous to think otherwise.

Why is there no common sense applied here? The bureaucracy is a joke...

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:37 am

You know, I just want to point out that none of our right-wing members have come on here to say he should be deported. Now, you haven't said anything, but at least you haven't said he should go. Assuming you've looked in, good for you, but can't you speak up?

It's okay to agree with the other side. And it's okay to admit it.

Edds and I have had lively debates about a topic where it turned out I was to the right of her; I'm not ashamed to admit it, and I stand by my beliefs.

We were talking about guns in America. She argued, just take them from everyone. I made an impassioned argument against her position.

It's totally natural to have your own opinions, colored by who you are. But it's bullshit to compromise those beliefs to try to make someone like you or accept you.

So you righties, if you think this young man deserves to stay in Britain, be bold and say it, and don't worry about what other people might think.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24630
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:55 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:You know, I just want to point out that none of our right-wing members have come on here to say he should be deported. Now, you haven't said anything, but at least you haven't said he should go. Assuming you've looked in, good for you, but can't you speak up?

It's okay to agree with the other side. And it's okay to admit it.

Edds and I have had lively debates about a topic where it turned out I was to the right of her; I'm not ashamed to admit it, and I stand by my beliefs.

We were talking about guns in America. She argued, just take them from everyone. I made an impassioned argument against her position.

It's totally natural to have your own opinions, colored by who you are. But it's bullshit to compromise those beliefs to try to make someone like you or accept you.

So you righties, if you think this young man deserves to stay in Britain, be bold and say it, and don't worry about what other people might think.


The same could be applied to yourself here

Why just this one case?

I mean take tis one for example which to me is far more pressing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/05/six-year-old-british-born-boy-left-stranded-stateless-home-office/

Its of little use being able to help one person, when the objective should be to change the laws in the first place that ensure the rights of refugees and immigrants

In other words you aim to small and not high enough

I made it clear many times that I believe in the right of people to refugee status and to immigraton

So why would I need to say anything here

Vintage already made the best points on this

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:27 am

Didge wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:You know, I just want to point out that none of our right-wing members have come on here to say he should be deported. Now, you haven't said anything, but at least you haven't said he should go. Assuming you've looked in, good for you, but can't you speak up?

It's okay to agree with the other side. And it's okay to admit it.

Edds and I have had lively debates about a topic where it turned out I was to the right of her; I'm not ashamed to admit it, and I stand by my beliefs.

We were talking about guns in America. She argued, just take them from everyone. I made an impassioned argument against her position.

It's totally natural to have your own opinions, colored by who you are. But it's bullshit to compromise those beliefs to try to make someone like you or accept you.

So you righties, if you think this young man deserves to stay in Britain, be bold and say it, and don't worry about what other people might think.


The same could be applied to yourself here

Why just this one case?

I mean take tis one for example which to me is far more pressing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/05/six-year-old-british-born-boy-left-stranded-stateless-home-office/

Its of little use being able to help one person, when the objective should be to change the laws in the first place that ensure the rights of refugees and immigrants

In other words you aim to small and not high enough

I made it clear many times that I believe in the right of people to refugee status and to immigraton

So why would I need to say anything here

Vintage already made the best points on this

To be fair, big changes in the law often start with one isolated case, which can then be used to shed lighter on the broader issue.

Rosa Parks was just one case and that led to massive change Wink

Of course every incident is worth highlighting, and most here would agree changes do need to be made to ensure decent law-abiding citizens can stay, and criminals are sent packing.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:32 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


The same could be applied to yourself here

Why just this one case?

I mean take tis one for example which to me is far more pressing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/05/six-year-old-british-born-boy-left-stranded-stateless-home-office/

Its of little use being able to help one person, when the objective should be to change the laws in the first place that ensure the rights of refugees and immigrants

In other words you aim to small and not high enough

I made it clear many times that I believe in the right of people to refugee status and to immigraton

So why would I need to say anything here

Vintage already made the best points on this

To be fair, big changes in the law often start with one isolated case, which can then be used to shed lighter on the broader issue.

Rosa Parks was just one case and that led to massive change Wink

Of course every incident is worth highlighting, and most here would agree changes do need to be made to ensure decent law-abiding citizens can stay, and criminals are sent packing.


But the point is the laws are not changing off many isolated cases. 

As due to previous policies that saw unprecedented numbers of immigrants coming into the country and where all Governements failed to build the infrustructure to deal with this. Has left bad feeling over all of this. So will lack support by a number of the population.

The effects of this are being felt today. That is not the immigrants or refugees fault for wanting to come here for a better life, but both Labour and Tory Governments that created a situation. Where people were not getting jobs, houses, increased waiting times with health.

It will more than likely take a generation, before attitudes will have changed for the better again

That is how much damage previous governements have done on this Eilzel

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:36 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


The same could be applied to yourself here

Why just this one case?

I mean take tis one for example which to me is far more pressing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/05/six-year-old-british-born-boy-left-stranded-stateless-home-office/

Its of little use being able to help one person, when the objective should be to change the laws in the first place that ensure the rights of refugees and immigrants

In other words you aim to small and not high enough

I made it clear many times that I believe in the right of people to refugee status and to immigraton

So why would I need to say anything here

Vintage already made the best points on this

To be fair, big changes in the law often start with one isolated case, which can then be used to shed lighter on the broader issue.

Rosa Parks was just one case and that led to massive change Wink

Of course every incident is worth highlighting, and most here would agree changes do need to be made to ensure decent law-abiding citizens can stay, and criminals are sent packing.


But the point is the laws are not changing off many isolated cases. 

As due to previous policies that saw unprecedented numbers of immigrants coming into the country and where all Governements failed to build the infrustrucre to deal with this. Has left bad feeling over all of this. So will lack support by a number of the population.

The effects of this are being felt today. That is not the immigrants or refugees fault for wanting to come here for a better life, but both Labour and Tory Governments that created a situation. Where people were not getting jobs, houses, increased waiting times with health.

It will more than likely take a generation, before attitudes will have changed for the better again

That is how much damage previous governements have done on this Eilzel

I fully agree. But raising issues like this certainly doesn't hurt.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:38 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


But the point is the laws are not changing off many isolated cases. 

As due to previous policies that saw unprecedented numbers of immigrants coming into the country and where all Governements failed to build the infrustrucre to deal with this. Has left bad feeling over all of this. So will lack support by a number of the population.

The effects of this are being felt today. That is not the immigrants or refugees fault for wanting to come here for a better life, but both Labour and Tory Governments that created a situation. Where people were not getting jobs, houses, increased waiting times with health.

It will more than likely take a generation, before attitudes will have changed for the better again

That is how much damage previous governements have done on this Eilzel

I fully agree. But raising issues like this certainly doesn't hurt.


Fair enough

Have a good day, off to work

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by eddie on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:You know, I just want to point out that none of our right-wing members have come on here to say he should be deported. Now, you haven't said anything, but at least you haven't said he should go. Assuming you've looked in, good for you, but can't you speak up?

It's okay to agree with the other side. And it's okay to admit it.

Edds and I have had lively debates about a topic where it turned out I was to the right of her; I'm not ashamed to admit it, and I stand by my beliefs.

We were talking about guns in America. She argued, just take them from everyone. I made an impassioned argument against her position.

It's totally natural to have your own opinions, colored by who you are. But it's bullshit to compromise those beliefs to try to make someone like you or accept you.

So you righties, if you think this young man deserves to stay in Britain, be bold and say it, and don't worry about what other people might think.


That’s a good post and I’m also wondering where all our RW members are....you know, the ones that all the LWers claim are “flooding the forum”. Rolling Eyes

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36006
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by nicko on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:32 am

I would let him stay, and pay something towards his tuition ! Sounds like someone who would be a benefit to our country .
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10241
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Syl on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:46 pm

eddie wrote:Sly, Google change.org and his name.

Thanks Eddie. x

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16827
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:21 am

How much of this OP 'story' is true.._?


And how many real details are missing...?


Sounds like a load of waffle to me.._


_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21035
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:53 am

Tommy Monk wrote:How much of this OP 'story' is true.._?


And how many real details are missing...?


Sounds like a load of waffle to me.._


Typical and boring tommy.

If the story had been on an immigrant claiming £250,000 a year and living in a Mayfair mansion with their 16 kids you'd have been telling us how this was proof our system was broken without a second look.

You're starting to sound like a certain Drumpf with your cries of fake news at any report you don't want to acknowledge Rolling Eyes

Let's just assume it is true, would you think he should go or stay?

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:36 am

No._. I'm not going to assume any of this is true._.!


We all know that the asylum system is soft as shit and has been for years._. So if the home office is having serious reservations about letting this foreigner stay, then I reckon there must be some pretty serious reasons why that is the case._.!


And if you weren't such a gullible fool, you might not be taken in so easily by such a jackanory story as is seen in the OP._.!!!


Change.Org._.???


Really._.???





_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21035
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:23 am

Tommy Monk wrote:No._. I'm not going to assume any of this is true._.!


We all know that the asylum system is soft as shit and has been for years._. So if the home office is having serious reservations about letting this foreigner stay, then I reckon there must be some pretty serious reasons why that is the case._.!


And if you weren't such a gullible fool, you might not be taken in so easily by such a jackanory story as is seen in the OP._.!!!


Change.Org._.???


Really._.???





You won't acknowledge any truth in this story, or others like it, for the simple reason that to do so would show up RW anti-immigration logic for what it is - heartless.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:23 am

the Asylum system is not soft, Not in the UK or any western nation!!! 

Any Spoilt Self centred Twat that thinks it is should fucking try going through it !!!!!

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18657
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:59 am

veya_victaous wrote:the Asylum system is not soft, Not in the UK or any western nation!!! 

Any Spoilt Self centred Twat that thinks it is should fucking try going through it !!!!!


For once I agree. The Uk has one of the most toughest Asylum systems

Actually some western nations are soft on Asylum

Sweden, Germany, to name a few.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:46 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
No._. I'm not going to assume any of this is true._.!

We all know that the asylum system is soft as shit and has been for years._. So if the home office is having serious reservations about letting this foreigner stay, then I reckon there must be some pretty serious reasons why that is the case._.!

And if you weren't such a gullible fool, you might not be taken in so easily by such a jackanory story as is seen in the OP._.!!!

Change.Org._.???

Really._.???


You won't acknowledge any truth in this story, or others like it, for the simple reason that to do so would show up RW anti-immigration logic for what it is - heartless.

Rolling Eyes

The only thing that is "soft" in the subject of this thread, is that space between Tommy's ears...

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6294
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:11 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:No._. I'm not going to assume any of this is true._.!


We all know that the asylum system is soft as shit and has been for years._. So if the home office is having serious reservations about letting this foreigner stay, then I reckon there must be some pretty serious reasons why that is the case._.!


And if you weren't such a gullible fool, you might not be taken in so easily by such a jackanory story as is seen in the OP._.!!!


Change.Org._.???


Really._.???





You won't acknowledge any truth in this story, or others like it, for the simple reason that to do so would show up RW anti-immigration logic for what it is - heartless.


Why is it the majority of posts here by right wing people supporting he stay in the country?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:16 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:No._. I'm not going to assume any of this is true._.!


We all know that the asylum system is soft as shit and has been for years._. So if the home office is having serious reservations about letting this foreigner stay, then I reckon there must be some pretty serious reasons why that is the case._.!


And if you weren't such a gullible fool, you might not be taken in so easily by such a jackanory story as is seen in the OP._.!!!


Change.Org._.???


Really._.???





You won't acknowledge any truth in this story, or others like it, for the simple reason that to do so would show up RW anti-immigration logic for what it is - heartless.


Why is it the majority of posts here by right wing people supporting he stay in the country?

Well, there are three, you, nicko and tommy. Tommy is not supporting him staying. Nicko is a nice guy, as are you.

There are no other RW posters in this thread, and most RW posters are not arseholes tbf Wink

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:19 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


Why is it the majority of posts here by right wing people supporting he stay in the country?

Well, there are three, you, nicko and tommy. Tommy is not supporting him staying. Nicko is a nice guy, as are you.

There are no other RW posters in this thread, and most RW posters are not arseholes tbf Wink


What about Vintage?

Who made the best points?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:46 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


Why is it the majority of posts here by right wing people supporting he stay in the country?

Well, there are three, you, nicko and tommy. Tommy is not supporting him staying. Nicko is a nice guy, as are you.

There are no other RW posters in this thread, and most RW posters are not arseholes tbf Wink


What about Vintage?

Who made the best points?

I didn't know Vintage identified as RW, but if so it makes no difference to anything I said.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:50 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


What about Vintage?

Who made the best points?

I didn't know Vintage identified as RW, but if so it makes no difference to anything I said.


It makes every difference

3 out of 4 rw people supported him staying

How is that possible based on your reasoning?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:53 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


What about Vintage?

Who made the best points?

I didn't know Vintage identified as RW, but if so it makes no difference to anything I said.


It makes every difference

3 out of 4 rw people supported him staying

How is that possible based on your reasoning?

My reasoning of what? Make sense, man Laughing

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:56 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


It makes every difference

3 out of 4 rw people supported him staying

How is that possible based on your reasoning?

My reasoning of what? Make sense, man Laughing

RW anti-immigration logic you claim boy   Laughing

So if people rationalize in this case its right that he stays, but believes immigration should be controlled

Is that anti-immigration or just being practical having common sense?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Eilzel on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:02 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:


It makes every difference

3 out of 4 rw people supported him staying

How is that possible based on your reasoning?

My reasoning of what? Make sense, man Laughing

RW anti-immigration logic you claim boy   Laughing

So if people rationalize in this case its right that he stays, but believes immigration should be controlled

Is that anti-immigration or just being practical having common sense?

Being 'anti-immigration' is not simply about fair controls but about a much stronger desire to severely restrict immigration. The kind of ideology that lead to Trump's Muslim ban, that splits families, that wants to close our borders to EU workers, that puts financial restrictions on bringing foreign spouses into the UK etc.

That ideology IS heartless. I do not believe nicko, you or vintage follow such thinking, despite being RW. Much as I do not follow the SJW nonsense many on the Left do.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms"
Socrates
avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:05 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

RW anti-immigration logic you claim boy   Laughing

So if people rationalize in this case its right that he stays, but believes immigration should be controlled

Is that anti-immigration or just being practical having common sense?

Being 'anti-immigration' is not simply about fair controls but about a much stronger desire to severely restrict immigration. The kind of ideology that lead to Trump's Muslim ban, that splits families, that wants to close our borders to EU workers, that puts financial restrictions on bringing foreign spouses into the UK etc.

That ideology IS heartless. I do not believe nicko, you or vintage follow such thinking, despite being RW. Much as I do not follow the SJW nonsense many on the Left do.


But many rw people simple want immigration to be controlled as its pratical, when a system does not have the infrustrure to cope with this. Often they get lumped alongside bigoted and prejudiced people

Its only the fringe of the RW, clearly those on the far right that want immigration controlled based on prejudiced grounds and not pratical thinking

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by SEXY MAMA on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:08 am

Tommy Monk wrote:No._. I'm not going to assume any of this is true._.!


We all know that the asylum system is soft as shit and has been for years._. So if the home office is having serious reservations about letting this foreigner stay, then I reckon there must be some pretty serious reasons why that is the case._.!


And if you weren't such a gullible fool, you might not be taken in so easily by such a jackanory story as is seen in the OP._.!!!


Change.Org._.???



Really._.???





People like you never change!

_________________
"Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” — Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
avatar
SEXY MAMA

Posts : 2899
Join date : 2013-12-12
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Syl on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:17 pm

I signed, I hope others did too.

I do believe this country can make awful mistakes when dealing with who are entitled to visas to stay here and who are not...the windrush scandal made that very obvious.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16827
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:21 pm

Syl wrote:I signed, I hope others did too.

I do believe this country can make awful mistakes when dealing with who are entitled to visas to stay here and who are not...the windrush scandal  made that very obvious.


He does deserve to stay, there is no denying this, but what real difference is it going to make for thousands of asylum seekers?

When many live in homes that nobody else wants or how people are torn apart as families

Its only going to make a difference for this one person. When this should be about challenging the present laws

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:23 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:No._. I'm not going to assume any of this is true._.!


We all know that the asylum system is soft as shit and has been for years._. So if the home office is having serious reservations about letting this foreigner stay, then I reckon there must be some pretty serious reasons why that is the case._.!


And if you weren't such a gullible fool, you might not be taken in so easily by such a jackanory story as is seen in the OP._.!!!


Change.Org._.???



Really._.???





People like you never change!


I agree people with dogmatic political and religious beliefs are problematic

Do you not agree?

So here is a question for you

Do you think its abusive to instill a fear into a child, that if they do not follow a belief they will suffer eternally in the most unimaginable pain?

Do you think that is a good teaching method?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:16 pm

The reason I say this and why religious people dogmatically are bad teachers and are what they most fear with th abrahamic religions

Dogmatic religious people use fear in order to control people and even worse children

Far right people use the same philosophy to instill fear of groups of people to control them

They are essentially born from the same idea of fear

The only difference is on who they should fear

That is why religious and political beliefs drummed into children is child abuse

As they are not teaching them anything, but how to fear and hate

Neither are actually teaching them love

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Vintage on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Applying common sense to situations seems to have gone out of the window, probably because if someone dares to bend the rules for a common sense reason, the next person who is deemed not to be entitled at all, to something like residency for instance, and there is no common sense reason to bend the rule, gets a solicitor involved and threatens to sue, so we have the legal lines drawn and adhered to and its months or years of legal argument in various courts.
I am on certain issues to the right of Genghis Khan with dash of common sense now and again, on other things I could probably make Jeremy Corbyn look like a conservative.

Vintage

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:46 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:No._. I'm not going to assume any of this is true._.!


We all know that the asylum system is soft as shit and has been for years._. So if the home office is having serious reservations about letting this foreigner stay, then I reckon there must be some pretty serious reasons why that is the case._.!


And if you weren't such a gullible fool, you might not be taken in so easily by such a jackanory story as is seen in the OP._.!!!


Change.Org._.???



Really._.???





People like you never change!


Why should I change...?

It is not me who is a foreigner in another country and wanting others to change for me, is it...!?
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21035
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:48 pm

How can any of you say anything about this... when you don't know the REAL FACTS!!!???


CHANGE.ORG IS NOT A SOURCE.FOR FACTS!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21035
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:How can any of you say anything about this... when you don't know the REAL FACTS!!!???


CHANGE.ORG IS NOT A SOURCE.FOR FACTS!!!




Well his family has been granted asylum and this can be easily checked out by his name

Freedom of information act

Plus the local MP is supporting this

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emilydugan/a-man-whos-lived-in-britain-since-he-was-12-says-he-cant-go

If that is the case and is a refugee from Iran, what lunatic, would want to send someone medically trained back to a basic death sentence in Iran?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by gelico on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:20 pm



''This decision is not only unfair, it flies against their asylum policy which says turning 18 shouldn’t matter. Paragraph 3.7 of "Asylum Policy Instructions, Dependents and Former dependents" states people like me should usually be counted alongside their parents, as long as the original application was made whilst you were still a child''.


this is clearly a Home Office balls up. I think he should be allowed to stay.

@Les - when you say ''RW anti immigration'' I can only assume you mean anti massive numbers of unchecked unverified immigration, cos that's what we've had for ages now and yes many are against it, it's not just a RW issue you know

gelico

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you let him stay or deport him?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum