We are often blind to see this

What have you done today?

Help someone you do no not know, feel special

Night everyone

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Re: How Words Can actually Make A Difference

Post by Original Quill on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:30 am

Awww...and you don't believe in cognitive linguistics!!

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:41 am

Original Quill wrote:Awww...and you don't believe in cognitive linguistics!!

it quite interesting that everyone is fine with admitting it exists when it's positive but doesn't like to acknowledge the negative is the same.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:20 am

Ah I see the forum baby is again making things up.

How again he has to stamp his teeny tiny feet on even nice threads because he is not gaining attention

Would you like a hug hun?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 am

veya_victaous wrote:

it quite interesting that everyone is fine with admitting it exists when it's positive but doesn't like to acknowledge the negative is the same.

But is it the same level as positive ones village idiot?

So have you taken the time to study this for the forum or are you jumping in here beause again you spent the night constantly masterbating feeling bitter about me?
I mean seriously how many times do you get a hard on thinking about me?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:35 am

Quill, will you stop with the long words, being a bit thick I have to rummage around for my Dictionary to understand some of the words ! Laughing
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:07 am

nicko wrote:Quill,  will you stop with the long words, being a bit thick I have to rummage around for my Dictionary to understand some of the words ! Laughing
He only learnt the words a couple of weeks ago and has no idea what cognitive linguistics is

He simple likes to use words, thinking he understands them, when its evident he does not

The boy is like a toddler when it comes to psychology

I do laugh, as he does this always to try and prove he is intelligent

A sure sign of massive insecurities................. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:16 am

Re the OP......pity some people dont actually digest what the video was saying. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:28 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

So have you taken the time to study this for the forum or are you jumping in here beause again you spent the night constantly masterbating feeling bitter about me?

Laughing

You are a very sad man "study this for the forum" ... I mean seriously do you not have a life Suspect

yes it is the same level as positive ones, if you ever took time to listen to anyone else you'd know that is literally what people are saying they feel when exposed to negative cognitive linguistics Rolling Eyes

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

You are a very sad man "study this for the forum" ... I mean seriously do you not have a life Suspect

yes it is the same level as positive ones, if you ever took time to listen to anyone else you'd know that is literally what people are saying they feel when exposed to negative cognitive linguistics Rolling Eyes

So you have no idea and want to also get your knickers in a twist lol

I suggest you back this up or crawl back up Quills butt where you belong

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:57 pm

the video is sweet and all but it's just showing us the obvious isnt it? everyones reaction was pretty much the same, a small laugh and an ''oh that's sweet, thank you''

i'm not sure i get what point - if any - this guy is trying to make

gelico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:14 pm

nicko wrote:Quill,  will you stop with the long words, being a bit thick I have to rummage around for my Dictionary to understand some of the words ! Laughing

Use google.

Wiki wrote:Cognitive linguistics (CL) is an interdisciplinary branch of linguistics, combining knowledge and research from both psychology and linguistic.

According to Merriam-Webster, the word "cognitive" is defined as "of, relating to, being, or involving conscious intellectual activity (such as thinking, reasoning, or remembering)"

Merriam-Webster also defines linguistics as "the study of human speech including the units, nature, structure, and modification of language"

I think of it as how my close friend and retired Berkeley professor, George Lakoff, described it: how we frame things, defines our attitudes about it.  Lakoff, Geo., Moral Politics; see also, Lakeoff and Johnson, Metaphors we Live By.

Wiki goes on to explain the history of the discipline:

Wiki wrote:Cognitive linguistics is a relatively modern branch of linguistics. It was founded by George Lakoff and Ronald Langacker. Lakoff coined the term "cognitive linguistics" in 1987 in his book "Women, Fire, and Dangerous Things", one of his most famous writings. Lakoff had already previously written many publications discussing the role of various cognitive processes involved in the use of language. Some of these previous publications include "The Role of Deduction in Grammar"[ed: which is what didge completely lacks] and "Linguistics and Natural Logic".

In 1975, he published the paper "Cognitive Grammar: Some Preliminary Speculations", in which he also coined the term "cognitive grammar". Soon after the field of cognitive linguistics had emerged, it was criticized by many prominent linguists. However, by the end of the 1980s, the field had attracted the attention of many people and started to grow.

The journal Cognitive Linguistics was established in 1990 as the first journal specialized in research in that field

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:02 pm

I didn’t watch the video but I want to simply reply to the thread title:

We need more words. We need real words. We need to speak our truth, always, even if we have to be humble to do it.

That’s the only way to truly communicate, and communicating from a true place, can never, ever, send you in the wrong direction.

Word. Cool
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down