Fox news

Go down

Fox news Empty Fox news

Post by Andy on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 am

I KNOW it is a pro Trump, GOP supporting network, but out of interest to see how real media bias works, I have started watching and reading.
Perhaps my felllow US posters might be able to confirm my suspicions, but is it's support for Trump on the wane, and is it starting to have doubts about his leadership and sanity?

I suggest this - because it doesn't want to be seen to be a huge supporter of a tax fraud , serial liar and traitor.

Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fox news Empty Re: Fox news

Post by eddie on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:28 am

Perhaps it’s a malleable TV channel and just goes with whatever it’s told to report on.
Like the BBC.

And most others.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:04 pm

Fox News has become the state news channel for the extreme right. They are cognisant that Trump watches them hours a day, and often makes policy decisions because of them.

However, lately they have not backed some Trump causes. Just yesterday they disclaimed a racist, dog whistle comment by Florida Republican (Trump-backed) gubernatorial candidate, Ron DiSantis. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-reg-ron-desantis-monkey-stupid-apologize-20180830-story.html

Perhaps this is because of the blue wave lingering on the horizon. Polls predict in overwhelming numbers a Democratic victory this November.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:05 pm

Arrow

Both Fox and Sky TV are part of the Murdoch empire...

And the Murdochs are known to look to whatever they consider to be best for the Murdochs..

In the past, they have switched their balance of allegiances between right and left in Britain, the USA and Oz, backing both the Tories and Labour in the UK, Democrats and Repub's in the US, and down here they switched from LNP to Labor to the 1980s and back to the coalition in the '90s.

The next generation of Murdochs (James, Elizabeth, and Lachlan..) have taken over direct control of their newspaper and television assets over the last couple of years, and they might yet prove to be less tolerant of the more extreme views, and quicker to act against some extremists than Rupert was --  but only time will tell..

Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Old Roopert. always backed what he thought would be the winning party, and not necessarily the one he actually supported.

Who will forget his ugly slogan

"It's the Sun wot won  it".
HE backed the popular Blair's Labour party, even though he is at heart a staunch Conservative capitalist. But he knows how to back winners.

As he seems to know Trump is a Loser.

Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:30 am

Idea

One other thing I just thought of...

It was announced a few months ago that the Murdochs/News Corp. were spinning off their 21st Century Fox assets and merging them with Disney (even though the Murdochs still retain control of the Fox television parts (as Disney already owns the ABC network in the USA, it couldn't own those television assets that would have conflicted with US ownership rules)..).

So, for corporate and marketing reasons, that might also influence how the Murdochs/News Ltd side manage Fox News and Fox Sport, with both them and the new 21stCentury entities still sharing the "Fox" name, and some cross-ownership ???

Henry David Thoreau
'Wolfie
'Wolfie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:43 am

What ownership rules? Disney also owns ESPN, ESPN2, and several others.

ABC also has George Stephanopoulos. I don't know how he'll go with Hannity.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down