New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:58 am

The New York Times on Thursday was standing by its latest editorial board hire — despite revelations that she has made some racists tweets aimed at white people.

Tech writer Sarah Jeong has drawn fire in social media for a series of tweets she made several years ago that bashed “dumbass f–king white people,” whom she derides in another tweet as “groveling goblins.”

The Times does not condone the remarks, it said.

Jeong said she was imitating the language of her online harassers and intended it as “satire” — but now “deeply regrets that I imitated the language of my harassers.”

Jeong, a South Korean native, tweeted in November 2014: “Dumbass f–king white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants.”

In another tweet she asks, “Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins.”

In a third tweet, Jeong wrote: “Oh man, it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men.”

Some took to Twitter to wonder if the Times ever bothered to check her social media background before hiring her.

The Times on Thursday insisted it was aware of the remarks and is standing by her and insisted her comments were reactions to vicious online bashing attacking her background.

“We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done covering the internet and technology at a range of respected publications,” the Times said in a statement.

“Her journalism and the fact that she is a young Asian woman have made her a subject of frequent online harassment,” the newspaper added. “For a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers. She sees now that this approach only served to feed the vitriol that we too often see on social media. She regrets it, and The Times does not condone it.”

The newspaper said it had “candid conversations” with Jeong during the hiring process — and went over her social media history.

“She understands that this type of rhetoric is not acceptable at The Times and we are confident that she will be an important voice for the editorial board moving forward,” the newspaper said.

Jeong said, “I engaged in what I thought of at the time of counter-trolling. While it was intended as satire, I deeply regret that I mimicked the language of my harassers. These comments were not aimed at a general audience, because general audiences do not engage in harassment campaigns. I can understand how hurtful these posts are out of context, and would not do it again.”

https://nypost.com/2018/08/02/new-york-times-stands-by-editorial-board-hire-despite-racist-tweets/

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:04 am

the real problem is twitter is never presented in context (a predictable outcome for 255 character limit opinions) 

 I do like her quotes though... Razz Razz Razz Razz

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:35 am

veya_victaous wrote:the real problem is twitter is never presented in context (a predictable outcome for 255 character limit opinions) 

 I do like her quotes though... Razz Razz Razz Razz


She admits its wrong

As otherwise it enables racism.

But then its no surprise you fail to understand this


Would any company employ someone white who retaliated with racism against people attacking them who were non-white?

Answers on a postcard

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:51 am

I understand that Snowflakes like you hate Humor and can't understand Satire.

It's why the world is so terrible, people like you that talk about shit you not even close to comprehending. Seek to create hate and division and destroy all hope of light hearted laughter and friendship between people. 

You want her punished because she acted out like ANY human would, You want her punished because she showed we are all just dumb humans. 


the best riposte I have seen a Korean make is in response to the 'Asians eat dogs' racist cliche is to rub their tummy and say "Fido Yum Yum" ... but I doubt you'd understand why such a riposte is more important and successful than 100 life times of your Annoying Prattle

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:56 am

veya_victaous wrote:I understand that Snowflakes like you hate Humor and can't understand Satire.

It's why the world is so terrible, people like you that talk about shit you not even close to comprehending. Seek to create hate and division and destroy all hope of light hearted laughter and friendship between people. 

You want her punished because she acted out like ANY human would, You want her punished because she showed we are all just dumb humans. 


the best riposte I have seen a Korean make is in response to the 'Asians eat dogs' racist cliche is to rub their tummy and say "Fido Yum Yum" ... but I doubt you'd understand why such a riposte is more important and successful than 100 life times of your Annoying Prattle


So to you. If someone is racist towards black people, the black people are snowflakes then?

Can you at any point show where I stated she should be punished?

never did, and you invented this to fit your paranoia and a world view you have off people

If she truly sees she was wrong to be racist and I have no doubt she does, then she has every right to this job

You dont combat racism, by being racist yourself

If people take the piss about their own race, its making fun also to combat racism

Do you understand the difference here?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:05 am

Can you at any point show where I stated she should be punished?

So you think it is Fine and there is NO story here that nothing is to be the consequence of her Tweets?


If Your a Black person Initiating the racist harassment, and then get upset when the person on the receiving ends flips it onto your race, Than YES 100% Snowflake.

You don't combat racism. You Cause it So Like I said

It's why the world is so terrible, people like you that talk about shit you not even close to comprehending. 

DO you understand YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT Snowflake, 
YOU are part of the problem Not the Solution.  


“Oh man, it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to Dumb old white men.”
re wrote it for You 

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Can you at any point show where I stated she should be punished?

So you think it is Fine and there is NO story here that nothing is to be the consequence of her Tweets?


If Your a Black person Initiating the racist harassment, and then get upset when the person on the receiving ends flips it onto your race, Than YES 100% Snowflake.

You don't combat racism. You Cause it So Like I said

It's why the world is so terrible, people like you that talk about shit you not even close to comprehending. 

DO you understand YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT Snowflake, 
YOU are part of the problem Not the Solution.  


“Oh man, it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to Dumb old white men.”
re wrote it for You 

1) Cathy Newman alert?

Where did i claim that?

2) so you just made a hypcritical statement, thus justifying racism, now based off a perceived view you received racism first. Yep idiotic, as that still enables racism

3) That comment is agiest and racist and will when you are old apply to you, as it would any older white person. In other words that comment stays historically for all time. Its funny how you laugh at racism and agiesm. You think its okay, when its done to white and old people. lol I shall allow others to see what they think of you on this. 

4) More infantile insults, which just make me laugh. You do realise you more empower me when I have you emotionally compremised?

Laughing

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:18 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:the real problem is twitter is never presented in context (a predictable outcome for 255 character limit opinions) 

 I do like her quotes though... Razz Razz Razz Razz


She admits its wrong

As otherwise it enables racism.

But then its no surprise you fail to understand this


Would any company employ someone white who retaliated with racism against people attacking them who were non-white?

Answers on a postcard


My point here

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:35 pm

veya wrote:It's why the world is so terrible, people like you that talk about shit you not even close to comprehending. Seek to create hate and division and destroy all hope of light hearted laughter and friendship between people.

You are digging way to deep for didge.  You are alluding to themes he is not near able to comprehend.

What didge has here is, a simple mirror-image analogy.  He's found someone on the left that appears to sound like a typical RWer...only in mirror image.  His argument is a ‘you too’ argument.  He’s admitting that RWers are assholes, but delightfully saying LWers are too.

I sympathize with the NYT reporter, too.  But the question is, do you want to synthesize the two sides and make peace.  They go closer as you condemn the words.  But then, others feel she speaks truth to power.  

And she admitted, even at the time, that she was mirror-imaging...speaking like the knuckle-draggers: "Jeong said she was imitating the language of her online harassers and intended it as 'satire'." So didge's finding was handed to him.  His victory lap is hollow.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
veya wrote:It's why the world is so terrible, people like you that talk about shit you not even close to comprehending. Seek to create hate and division and destroy all hope of light hearted laughter and friendship between people.

You are digging way to deep for didge.  You are alluding to themes he is not near able to comprehend.

What didge has here is, a simple mirror-image analogy.  He's found someone on the left that appears to sound like a typical RWer...only in mirror image.  His argument is a ‘you too’ argument.  He’s admitting that RWers are assholes, but delightfully saying LWers are too.

I sympathize with the NYT reporter, too.  But the question is, do you want to synthesize the two sides and make peace.  They go closer as you condemn the words.  But then, others feel she speaks truth to power.  

And she admitted, even at the time, that she was mirror-imaging...speaking like the knuckle-draggers: "Jeong said she was imitating the language of her online harassers and intended it as 'satire'."  So didge's finding was handed to him.  His victory lap is hollow.

Maybe you cannot read my points?

I have no issue with them hiring this individual who is genuine over her past racist views and sorry. They will either be right or come to live to regret their decision. Only time will tell and why i think its wrong to discriminate based of past wrongs

I am asking a very simple question

So why not answer this

In fact would you hire a white person who has suffered racism from an asian and replied in kind with racism?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by eddie on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Listen to Veya and Quill saying that what she did was “funny” and “satire”.

Had it been the other way round we’d have had the usual “whites are so racist!”

You could not fucking make it up.


And by the way, I don’t much give a shit if she meant it or not, she probably is a bit racist - she thought that stuff up and wrote it down, it didn’t fall out of her arse - but she should own it.
Then I’d have maybe respected her.

But she acted like a little hypocritical liar.
Like the two of you on this very thread.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Normally I say, you give as good as you get. If someone says something nasty about you, you have every right to retaliate in kind.

But racism is REALLY REALLY nasty. To retaliate with racism, and then supposedly (because we don't know if she's telling the truth or not) say it was satire, makes you look just about as bad as the people you're trolling.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24416
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by eddie on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:39 pm

I know exactly why you, Quill and you, Veya, chose to take the path you took on this thread.

You are so pleased when White People have racism thrown at them because you’re so bloody sanctimonious about your “fight against racism” that you take a perverse pleasure out of white people being attacked.

I don’t care that she apologised - she got caught that’s the why of it - I care about the fact that the two of you would have been up in arms had the story been the opposite.


It’s fucking so totally anal.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by eddie on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:42 pm

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” ~ Andre Gide

Yeah, fucking really.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:04 am

She claims to have been responding abusively to abusive posts that were sent to her...


Is there any evidence/examples of these abusive posts that she claims to have received...?


And with context...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20845
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by eddie on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:54 am

Tommy Monk wrote:She claims to have been responding abusively to abusive posts that were sent to her...


Is there any evidence/examples of these abusive posts that she claims to have received...?


And with context...?



That’s exactly what I thought.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:22 am

Tommy Monk wrote:She claims to have been responding abusively to abusive posts that were sent to her...


Is there any evidence/examples of these abusive posts that she claims to have received...?


And with context...?



Twitter doesn't work that way.

or are you talking in general? because of course there is, because everyone on TV/Media gets abusive Social media posts Suspect Suspect Suspect

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:33 am

eddie wrote:I know exactly why you, Quill and you, Veya, chose to take the path you took on this thread.

You are so pleased when White People have racism thrown at them because you’re so bloody sanctimonious about your “fight against racism” that you take a perverse pleasure out of white people being attacked.

I don’t care that she apologised - she got caught that’s the why of it - I care about the fact that the two of you would have been up in arms had the story been the opposite.  


It’s fucking so totally anal.

it's true Cool Cool
I do feel strangely sympathetic to the tweet I quoted to Didge Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Although I don't know that I'd be up in arms about the reverse since that like 90% of FOX 'editorialists' and hell even some people elected to Parliament have posted the reverse.

the reverse is common so boring, this way is fresh and funny Razz Razz Razz Razz

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:13 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Normally I say, you give as good as you get. If someone says something nasty about you, you have every right to retaliate in kind.

But racism is REALLY REALLY nasty. To retaliate with racism, and then supposedly (because we don't know if she's telling the truth or not) say it was satire, makes you look just about as bad as the people you're trolling.


+1

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:43 am

eddie wrote:Listen to Veya and Quill saying that what she did was “funny” and “satire”.

Had it been the other way round we’d have had the usual “whites are so racist!”

You could not fucking make it up.


And by the way, I don’t much give a shit if she meant it or not, she probably is a bit racist - she thought that stuff up and wrote it down, it didn’t fall out of her arse - but she should own it.
Then I’d have maybe respected her.

But she acted like a little hypocritical liar.
Like the two of you on this very thread.


Exactly

Double standards and hence why I ask. If this was someomne white and who used racism as a retaliation to Asians being racist. If theyh would feel the same

They ran awy from answering

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:46 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:I know exactly why you, Quill and you, Veya, chose to take the path you took on this thread.

You are so pleased when White People have racism thrown at them because you’re so bloody sanctimonious about your “fight against racism” that you take a perverse pleasure out of white people being attacked.

I don’t care that she apologised - she got caught that’s the why of it - I care about the fact that the two of you would have been up in arms had the story been the opposite.  


It’s fucking so totally anal.

it's true Cool Cool
I do feel strangely sympathetic to the tweet I quoted to Didge Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Although I don't know that I'd be up in arms about the reverse since that like 90% of FOX 'editorialists' and hell even some people elected to Parliament have posted the reverse.

the reverse is common so boring, this way is fresh and funny Razz Razz Razz Razz


Which proves my point on you being illiberal on social issues. You think that to combat hate, is to be hateful

Which is self defeating

Only the left and why again I ask Ben. Is how far left can the left go, until he sees there is something dramatically wrong?

We see a glowing example above

PC for you, that then a person thinks its good racism happens here in retaliation

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:03 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Normally I say, you give as good as you get. If someone says something nasty about you, you have every right to retaliate in kind.

But racism is REALLY REALLY nasty. To retaliate with racism, and then supposedly (because we don't know if she's telling the truth or not) say it was satire, makes you look just about as bad as the people you're trolling.

Too true. But not like hanging. Just words.

Probably pent-up anger over 400-years of slavery. She is owed. Wink

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:23 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Normally I say, you give as good as you get. If someone says something nasty about you, you have every right to retaliate in kind.

But racism is REALLY REALLY nasty. To retaliate with racism, and then supposedly (because we don't know if she's telling the truth or not) say it was satire, makes you look just about as bad as the people you're trolling.

Too true.  But not like hanging.  Just words.

Probably pent-up anger over 400-years of slavery.  She is owed.  Wink


How about over 2,500 years of racism against an ethnic group of whites, that have been enslaved, ethnically cleansed, had genocide committed against the in multiple nations and their homeland ect

Do you say the same about Israeli Jews by any chance?

That they are owed, based on bent up anger over 2,500 years of slavery, oppression, racism, ethnic cleansing and genocide?

Now watch a leftie squirm and show the worst double standard possible

You see, inherantly the so called progressive left, are nothing of the sort.

Their arguments change, based not on being a victim group, but on the colour of their skin

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:45 am

Didge wrote:Do you say the same about Israeli Jews by any chance?

I certainly do. Europeans should hang their heads. They have a lot to make up for when it comes to Jews.

Jews were not treated so badly in this country. In fact, I really didn't detect any anti-semitism until I lived in Europe.

There were Hesidic Jews in New York City who dressed differently, but they were looked upon with the same respect as the Amish in southern Pennsylvania or the LDS in Arizona and Utah. The big problem in this country is with people of color.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:53 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Do you say the same about Israeli Jews by any chance?

I certainly do.  Europeans should hang their heads.  They have a lot to make up for when it comes to Jews.

Jews were not treated so badly in this country.  In fact, I really didn't detect any anti-semitism until I lived in Europe.

There were Hesidic Jews in New York City who dressed differently, but they were looked upon with the same respect as the Amish in southern Pennsylvania or the LDS in Arizona and Utah.  The big problem in this country is with people of color.


Really?

PART 3: WHY FDR ABANDONED THE JEWS

Assistant Secretary of State Breckinridge Long, a personal friend of President Roosevelt, was in charge of 23 of the State Department’s 42 divisions, including the visa section. In a June 26, 1940 memo, Long advised his colleagues:

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/22102

You mean also the Arabs surely as well?

Being as the Jews were murdered and ethnically cleansed from countless Arab lands?

Stiil at least you admit that any wrong now committed by an Israeli or European Jews, is based on your metholodgy. and okay. That its based on bent up anger, over oppression, slavery, ethnic cleasning and genocide, over 5 times longer than any suffering by Africans, at the hands of Europeans

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by veya_victaous on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:37 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:I know exactly why you, Quill and you, Veya, chose to take the path you took on this thread.

You are so pleased when White People have racism thrown at them because you’re so bloody sanctimonious about your “fight against racism” that you take a perverse pleasure out of white people being attacked.

I don’t care that she apologised - she got caught that’s the why of it - I care about the fact that the two of you would have been up in arms had the story been the opposite.  


It’s fucking so totally anal.

it's true Cool Cool
I do feel strangely sympathetic to the tweet I quoted to Didge Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Although I don't know that I'd be up in arms about the reverse since that like 90% of FOX 'editorialists' and hell even some people elected to Parliament have posted the reverse.

the reverse is common so boring, this way is fresh and funny Razz Razz Razz Razz


Which proves my point on you being illiberal on social issues. You think that to combat hate, is to be hateful

Which is self defeating

Only the left and why again I ask Ben. Is how far left can the left go, until he sees there is something dramatically wrong?

We see a glowing example above

PC for you, that then a person thinks its good racism happens here in retaliation

At some point you have to accept you can't convert everybody

and not that is good, but that its funny Twisted Evil Twisted Evil you gotta laugh at the idiocy of conservatives, or you'd go mad 

And a response in retaliation is not the same as an action initiated unprovoked.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18509
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:


Which proves my point on you being illiberal on social issues. You think that to combat hate, is to be hateful

Which is self defeating

Only the left and why again I ask Ben. Is how far left can the left go, until he sees there is something dramatically wrong?

We see a glowing example above

PC for you, that then a person thinks its good racism happens here in retaliation

At some point you have to accept you can't convert everybody

and not that is good, but that its funny Twisted Evil Twisted Evil you gotta laugh at the idiocy of conservatives, or you'd go mad 

And a response in retaliation is not the same as an action initiated unprovoked.


Lol Islamismism eat your heart out

If you cannot convert people, hate them, with hate. According to the world of Nazism, Communism, Islamism and Veyaism

To say racist retaliation is not the same, is again absolute gibberish

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:17 am

"Grovelling goblins".

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31001
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:20 am

veya_victaous wrote:the real problem is twitter is never presented in context (a predictable outcome for 255 character limit opinions) 

 I do like her quotes though... Razz Razz Razz Razz

Exactly, it's not in context, which is why it's stupid to say stuff like that as it's bound to be seen as racist. If a white person did it, I doubt anyone would care about context.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31001
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:22 am

In another tweet she asks, “Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins.”

Yes, they are genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, which is why sunscreen was invented. Laughing

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31001
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Didge wrote:Stiil at least you admit that any wrong now committed by an Israeli or European Jews, is based on your metholodgy. and okay.

Hahaha...as long as they stick to Europeans.

Go back and read what I said.  Culturally, Americans have nothing to feel guilty about.  Israel might take revenge against Europeans, if revenge is what you seek, didge.  For example, I think the hanging of Adolf Eichmann in 1962 was fully justified.

Does one crime justify another by the victim ... especially when not directed at the original antagonist?  Israel takes out their vengeance, not on Europeans, but on Muslims ... thus creating another unwarranted sufferer.  This could go on, and on, and on.  I think it's up to the international community to put a stop to that.  There’s no such thing as a license to commit criminal acts infinitely.

This actually came up in the debate over gay marriage, in recent years. Many of my friends were conflicted. To my friends who were Jews and Blacks, I had to remind them what it was like to be victims. My question: you were so recently victimized … cannot you of all people sympathize?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Stiil at least you admit that any wrong now committed by an Israeli or European Jews, is based on your metholodgy. and okay.

Hahaha...as long as they stick to Europeans.

Go back and read what I said.  Culturally, Americans have nothing to feel guilty about.  Israel might take revenge against Europeans, if revenge is what you seek, didge.  For example, I think the hanging of Adolf Eichmann in 1962 was fully justified.

Does one crime justify another by the victim ... especially when not directed at the original antagonist?  Israel takes out their vengeance, not on Europeans, but on Muslims ... thus creating another unwarranted sufferer.  This could go on, and on, and on.  I think it's up to the international community to put a stop to that.  There’s no such thing as a license to commit criminal acts infinitely.


See, just as I said the left would squirm and change the parameters of their view

In other words, its okay to Quill for people to be owed, only when it comes from white Europeans.

Thus showing the self loathing white syndrome, that some of the left suffer with

They are owed by Europeans and Arabs, using your methodology

You cannot make it up funny your double standards are

Israel does not take out its venegence on Muslims and has more tolerant laws towards its Muslim population than European and the US do. But then you dont do facts very well.

You also neglect it was the Arabs that started murder and oppression against Jews throughout history within the Middle East

So on that factor you are wrong again and based on your reason would justify Jews as being in the right and thus owed

Thank you for playing, as per usual, you end up tying yourself up in knots

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Oh and for the record, your view would make the Arabs and Muslims owe white Europeans, based on conquest and the enslavement of Europeans in history. Basically it would mean, you would have to think the crusades were juistified based on the Europeans being owed, due to the many attacks/slavery within Europe by the Muslim Arabs.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:36 pm

Didge, you've got the brains of a stone.  Once again, you've not read, nor cared what I said.  You are debating with yourself.

Didge wrote:In other words, its okay to Quill for people to be owed, only when it comes from white Europeans.

In other words, you would defend Nazi Germans who victimize the Jews?  And you would favor them just because they are white, and you favor white people?  Shame. I understand better now, your racism against American blacks.

Didge wrote:Israel does not take out its venegence on Muslims and has more tolerant laws towards its Muslim population than European and the US do. But then you dont do facts very well.

And yet, Israelis find themselves killing Muslim babies.  They wouldn't have to do this if they weren't stealing their land.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:Didge, you've got the brains of a stone.  Once again, you've not read, nor cared what I said.  You are debating with yourself.

Didge wrote:Oh I read very well the stupidity of your point
That seems to think that people born today are guilty for the sins of people in the past and based on nothing else but the colour of their skin

In other words, you would defend Nazi Germans who victimize the Jews?  And you would favor them just because they are white, and you favor white people?  Shame.

Didge wrote:lol, well that makes absolutely zero sense and there is no view here at all I would favour the Nazi's over the Jews. I simple used your warped methodology against you

And yet, Israelis find themselves killing Muslim babies.  They wouldn't have to do this if they weren't stealing their land.


Muslims are killing Jewish, Christian, Yazidi, Hindu, Druze, Indian, African, etc babies for centuries and yet this does not seem to bother you.

Again it has been the Arabs that have been persecuting the Jews throughout history as well. Its very well documented. When the indegeneous Jews reclaimed their land from the Arab conquerers, basically the colonialists here. You take the side of the Arab colonialist. Its hilarious how you have such double standards.

I mean what about how the Africans are owed by the Arabs then also? I mean how many African descendents of slaves live today in the Middle East. Barely any. As 80-90% died in transit, when transported through Transsahara and East African slave trade. Those that made it, were if men castrated and of the women, they became sexual slaves. Where any children they had were generally killed at birth

So much history showing the Muslims/Arabs killing babies

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Israel is in the awkward position of having been, essentially, compensated for by being given the lands of others. It was an audacious remedy, for an audacious crime. It's not Israel's fault and it's not the Arab's fault.

It is for the Europeans themselves to rectify. A more just answer would have been to have given the Italian peninsula to build an Israel.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:Israel is in the awkward position of having been, essentially, compensated for by being given the lands of others.  It was an audacious remedy, for an audacious crime.  It's not Israel's fault and it's not the Arab's fault.

It is for the Europeans themselves to rectify.  A more just answer would have been to have given the Italian peninsula to build an Israel.

More revisionist history yet again

Jews had been living there for centuries. Others Jews returned and bought land legally. Later they then declared independece. In the very land they formed their genesis. The Arabs genises was in the Arabian Peninsula. Hence how they later conquered and colonised the entire Middle East and North Africa through Arabisation. Its odd, how you condemn European colonialism, but not Arab colonialism and deny the indegeneous Jews a right to return to their former homeland

So nobody compensated them at all and many Jews  who left Europe, as concentration survivors, were denied even their homes formely within Europe. Many of their descendents have not been compensated to this day.

Maybe you should actually read some history, other than what you invent

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by eddie on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Normally I say, you give as good as you get. If someone says something nasty about you, you have every right to retaliate in kind.

But racism is REALLY REALLY nasty. To retaliate with racism, and then supposedly (because we don't know if she's telling the truth or not) say it was satire, makes you look just about as bad as the people you're trolling.

Too true.  But not like hanging.  Just words.

Probably pent-up anger over 400-years of slavery.  She is owed.  Wink

Do you realise how stupid you sound? Do you also realise that you endorse racism, or not, purely based on your own personal opinion?

That doesn’t make you left wing. It kinda makes you right wing, mate...

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Of course she's not owed anything. She chose to retaliate (allegedly), and was no better because she was rude about all white people.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31001
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by eddie on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course she's not owed anything. She chose to retaliate (allegedly), and was no better because she was rude about all white people.

Of course, everyone on this thread agrees except Quill and Veya, because they like racism toward white people. It’s like an extra flogging they masochistically love to receive for their “duty to fighting racism”.

It’s nauseous.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:27 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Too true.  But not like hanging.  Just words.

Probably pent-up anger over 400-years of slavery.  She is owed.  Wink

Do you realise how stupid you sound? Do you also realise that you endorse racism, or not, purely based on your own personal opinion?

That doesn’t make you left wing. It kinda makes you right wing, mate...

All revolutionary ideas are met with ridicule first, then anger second, then resolution finally.  The idea that black skin is not associated with a black heart, is revolutionary.  That a black person might be human enough to speak up, is truly phenomenal.  That a black woman might be outspoken, tells us why we white people have guns, innit?

You johnny-cum-lately Brits think the race starts at the same line for all.  Not true.  You have placed yourselves so far in advance of the others, that no one else can even compete.

It's a double standard.  You want the cumulative abundance of past abuse/advantage/racism, and now you want to talk about equivalency?  Ah well...who cares what you think.  It's ain't gonna happen.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Do you realise how stupid you sound? Do you also realise that you endorse racism, or not, purely based on your own personal opinion?

That doesn’t make you left wing. It kinda makes you right wing, mate...

All revolutionary ideas are met with ridicule first, then anger second, then resolution finally.  The idea that black skin is not associated with a black heart, is revolutionary.  That a black person might be human enough to speak up, is truly phenomenal.  That a black woman might be outspoken, tells us why we white people have guns, innit?

You johnny-cum-lately Brits think the race starts at the same line for all.  Not true.  You have placed yourselves so far in advance of the others, that no one else can even compete.

It's a double standard.  You want the cumulative abundance of past abuse/advantage/racism, and now you want to talk about equivalency?  Ah well...who cares what you think.  It's ain't gonna happen.

Actually what you are doing and what has been going on since the 1990's is a victim culture.

Which only serves to further divide people and not bring them together.

Its actually making the very people you are trying to help weaker.

They in like places like Universities, seek safe spaces and try to censur any speak they do not like

Its trying to hide people away from the world.

Its not helping people deal with the world.

Here in this case, this woman was racist. You do not use hate to combat hate, its self defeating

Happy she has apologised and that now she does not continue to be racist.

My point is and as seen both you and Veya defend the racist, when this person is non-white.

There is no defense and if roles reversed and this was someone white retaliating to say someone asian being racist towards them. You would automatically condemn the white person

Hence again the worst double standards


Last edited by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:36 pm

Sarah Jeong isn't black.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31001
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Didge on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Oh and for the record, I understand the tweet that started this called her a lesbian

Later she had some racists tweets aimed at her. So if she retaliated with racism, to homophobia, then she is being very dishonest and started the racism herself.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13282
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by eddie on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Too true.  But not like hanging.  Just words.

Probably pent-up anger over 400-years of slavery.  She is owed.  Wink

Do you realise how stupid you sound? Do you also realise that you endorse racism, or not, purely based on your own personal opinion?

That doesn’t make you left wing. It kinda makes you right wing, mate...

All revolutionary ideas are met with ridicule first, then anger second, then resolution finally.  The idea that black skin is not associated with a black heart, is revolutionary.  That a black person might be human enough to speak up, is truly phenomenal.  That a black woman might be outspoken, tells us why we white people have guns, innit?

You johnny-cum-lately Brits think the race starts at the same line for all.  Not true.  You have placed yourselves so far in advance of the others, that no one else can even compete.

It's a double standard.  You want the cumulative abundance of past abuse/advantage/racism, and now you want to talk about equivalency?  Ah well...who cares what you think.  It's ain't gonna happen.


I predicted that your next post to me would be full of hot air and waffle.

You should have just said: “Yes, I enjoy it when white people suffer racism”
Because that’s what you really want to say.

And you may have actually gained some respect for owning what you say in a clear, no-nonsense and honest manner.


_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35770
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

All revolutionary ideas are met with ridicule first, then anger second, then resolution finally.  The idea that black skin is not associated with a black heart, is revolutionary.  That a black person might be human enough to speak up, is truly phenomenal.  That a black woman might be outspoken, tells us why we white people have guns, innit?

You johnny-cum-lately Brits think the race starts at the same line for all.  Not true.  You have placed yourselves so far in advance of the others, that no one else can even compete.

It's a double standard.  You want the cumulative abundance of past abuse/advantage/racism, and now you want to talk about equivalency?  Ah well...who cares what you think.  It's ain't gonna happen.


I predicted that your next post to me would be full of hot air and waffle.

You should have just said: “Yes, I enjoy it when white people suffer racism”  
Because that’s what you really want to say.

And you may have actually gained some respect for owning what you say in a clear, no-nonsense and honest manner.

Actually, I only care what happens in my country. Brits are pretty much out of the debate. The New York Times is not going to fire her. I want them to know I support them ... and her.

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:


I predicted that your next post to me would be full of hot air and waffle.

You should have just said: “Yes, I enjoy it when white people suffer racism”  
Because that’s what you really want to say.

And you may have actually gained some respect for owning what you say in a clear, no-nonsense and honest manner.

Actually, I only care what happens in my country.  Brits are pretty much out of the debate.  The New York Times is not going to fire her.  I want them to know I support them ... and her.

Really? You seem to like discussing the English legal system enough.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31001
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Actually, I only care what happens in my country.  Brits are pretty much out of the debate.  The New York Times is not going to fire her.  I want them to know I support them ... and her.

Really? You seem to like discussing the English legal system enough.

lol!


And telling me how we should run our immigration system... as well as always being critical/opinionated on just about any/every other issue outside of the US...!!!


lol!



But I notice that nobody has shown any of the alleged abusive posts she claimed to have received, and caused her racist posting...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 20845
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Actually, I only care what happens in my country.  Brits are pretty much out of the debate.  The New York Times is not going to fire her.  I want them to know I support them ... and her.

Really? You seem to like discussing the English legal system enough.


Yes, I do.  I studied origins of Law under David Daube, foremost professor and
preeminent scholar of ancient law, at Oxford and Berkeley.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Daube

David was a dear friend, who got me all of my scholarly appointments in the UK, and was ultimately responsible for my switching to a career in law.

The present thread is about politics in the US, not comparative law.


Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25026
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Really? You seem to like discussing the English legal system enough.


Yes, I do.  I studied Origins of Law under David Daube, foremost professor and
preeminent scholar of ancient law, at Oxford and Berkeley.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Daube

David was a dear friend, who got me all of my scholarly appointments in the UK, and was ultimately responsible for my switching to a career in law.

Then please try to learn something when English/British people try to teach you something about the law here.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31001
Join date : 2014-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Times stands by editorial board hire despite racist tweets

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum