Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Go down

Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Andy on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:04 pm

To the West highlands of Scotland, Wester Ross, Mull, Skye, The Cairngorms and the Black Isles.
Scenery of the Gods whilst spotting both  sea and golden eagles, otters, seals, dolphins , Minke whales, orcas, pine Martin and capercaillie.
Hope to climb Ben Nevis again (3rd time) and take in a ceilidh.
Mostly with no internet or phone signal.
WW3 could start and I would be unaware.
A a refreshing break from this eternal sauna here.


Last edited by Angry Andy on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Has declared war against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Have a nice time and try to forget all about politics for a while.
See you soon. Happy travels.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Syl on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Have a great time, sounds like lots of adventures to be had.

Having spent lots of summer time on the Welsh coast where internet connections are pretty slow, I can vouch that after a day or so,  logging on will be the last thing on your mind....real life is so much more fun. x

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17090
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 pm

Syl wrote:Have a great time, sounds like lots of adventures to be had.

Having spent lots of summer time on the Welsh coast where internet connections are pretty slow, I can vouch that after a day or so,  logging on will be the last thing on your mind....real life is so much more fun. x

I’m hoping Ben will be visiting me within a few weeks. I actually cannot wait to see that mothafucka again. I love you

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Syl on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:37 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Have a great time, sounds like lots of adventures to be had.

Having spent lots of summer time on the Welsh coast where internet connections are pretty slow, I can vouch that after a day or so,  logging on will be the last thing on your mind....real life is so much more fun. x

I’m hoping Ben will be visiting me within a few weeks. I actually cannot wait to see that mothafucka again. I love you
Yeah I can imagine. I love you
I bet you wont have time for scrabble.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17090
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by eddie on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:35 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Have a great time, sounds like lots of adventures to be had.

Having spent lots of summer time on the Welsh coast where internet connections are pretty slow, I can vouch that after a day or so,  logging on will be the last thing on your mind....real life is so much more fun. x

I’m hoping Ben will be visiting me within a few weeks. I actually cannot wait to see that mothafucka again. I love you
Yeah I can imagine. I love you
I bet you wont have time for scrabble.

I bet we do! It’s amazing how much we can do in a day. I’m not even kidding.

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Have a great time, sounds like lots of adventures to be had.

Having spent lots of summer time on the Welsh coast where internet connections are pretty slow, I can vouch that after a day or so,  logging on will be the last thing on your mind....real life is so much more fun. x

I’m hoping Ben will be visiting me within a few weeks. I actually cannot wait to see that mothafucka again. I love you
Yeah I can imagine. I love you
I bet you wont have time for scrabble.

I bet we do! It’s amazing how much we can do in a day. I’m not even kidding.

Or even in just an hour ... or so ...

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24869
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Syl on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 am

Well when you are in love energy is boundless.
Even a game of scrabble can be exciting and filled with expectation. Wink

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17090
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by eddie on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:23 am

Syl wrote:Well when you are in love energy is boundless.
Even a game of scrabble can be exciting and filled with expectation. Wink

We are a tad competitive.....



Ahem....darts. Cool

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:25 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Well when you are in love energy is boundless.
Even a game of scrabble can be exciting and filled with expectation. Wink

We are a tad competitive.....



Ahem....darts. Cool

A-fuck you-hem.

_________________
“And it's been a long time, Lord, since I sat down and had a cry.”

Cody Jinks
avatar
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24869
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 44
Location : Funkytown, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by eddie on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:27 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Well when you are in love energy is boundless.
Even a game of scrabble can be exciting and filled with expectation. Wink

We are a tad competitive.....



Ahem....darts. Cool

A-fuck you-hem.


I never get to win! Let me brag! Just let meeeeeee....

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Syl on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:36 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Well when you are in love energy is boundless.
Even a game of scrabble can be exciting and filled with expectation. Wink

We are a tad competitive.....



Ahem....darts. Cool
Competitiveness can have its drawbacks. I beat OH at sand tennis today, he ended up kicking the tennis ball up the beach in anger.  Razz

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17090
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by eddie on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:57 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Well when you are in love energy is boundless.
Even a game of scrabble can be exciting and filled with expectation. Wink

We are a tad competitive.....



Ahem....darts. Cool
Competitiveness can have its drawbacks. I beat OH at sand tennis today, he ended up kicking the tennis ball up the beach in anger.  Razz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA he just doesn’t like losing, does he...?

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Syl on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:01 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:
Competitiveness can have its drawbacks. I beat OH at sand tennis today, he ended up kicking the tennis ball up the beach in anger.  Razz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA he just doesn’t like losing, does he...?
Nope.  Laughing

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17090
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Andy on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:20 pm

All being well, and weather permitting, climbing Ben Nevis (3rd time) in the morning.
Expecting to take 4 -5 hours up. 3 hours down.
Still a brute of a climb as it has endless ridges approaching the summit, and you think/hope every one ahead is the last one, which it usually isn't.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4882
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Has declared war against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by eddie on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:20 pm

Woah. Good luck. Take some photos if you can.
Don’t let go of the ledge to do so...obviously. Shocked

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by nicko on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:50 am

What the f--k is a "hollbob"?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10496
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:51 am

nicko wrote:What the f--k is a "hollbob"?

I assumed it was a English thing  Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18758
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by nicko on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:33 am

Never heard of it !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10496
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Syl on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:39 am

I have never heard of it either, it could be a regional word.
I bet we all knew what it meant though.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 17090
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by eddie on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:48 pm

It’s just a silly word for “holiday”. I’d never heard it before Andy used it but I knew he meant a holiday.

Hardly Miss bloody Marple type stuff, is it? Rolling Eyes

_________________
"You can't be a fuckin' gangster girl without bein' a Puddin'."
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36215
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Off on my hollibobs tomorrow

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum