Fat Activism and the Manufacture of Faux-Victimhood

Go down

Fat Activism and the Manufacture of Faux-Victimhood  Empty Fat Activism and the Manufacture of Faux-Victimhood

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:21 am

If you find grossly overweight women unattractive, you are a pig.
If you find grossly overweight women attractive, you are a pig.
This form of fat activism is a manifestation of Collective Munchausen wherein the currency is "I a victim therefore I am." All roads lead to being offended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enptvb0S8z0

I Posed in a Bikini in Times Square. I Was Expecting Comments from Haters, But What I Actually Heard Was Way More Disheartening.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/fashion/a22025655/glitter-and-lazers-times-square-bikini-photo-comments/

Back to top Go down

Fat Activism and the Manufacture of Faux-Victimhood  Empty Re: Fat Activism and the Manufacture of Faux-Victimhood

Post by Eilzel on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:58 am

Fat activism is a joke. We shouldn't demean anyone for how they look, even if they did it to themselves. But I think 'fat acceptance' and pretending it is 'ok' to be fat is only going to cause more problems in the long term.

"The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" Socrates
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fat Activism and the Manufacture of Faux-Victimhood  Empty Re: Fat Activism and the Manufacture of Faux-Victimhood

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:22 am

No one should feel bad because of appearance. It's all subjective.

But obesity is a serious health issue.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

Normal is broken.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:29 pm

Eilzel wrote:Fat activism is a joke. We shouldn't demean anyone for how they look, even if they did it to themselves. But I think 'fat acceptance' and pretending it is 'ok' to be fat is only going to cause more problems in the long term.

Pretty much what I think too.

And actually, size doesn’t make for attractiveness or sexiness anyway, that always comes from within.
I might also add, it is NOT ok to let your children get overweight.

Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the fuck you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a fuck or not. And so on. It's a good system. ~ Ricky Gervais
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum