Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Go down

Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Angry Andy on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Tons of scientific data confirms global warming the cause.

Killer heatwave grips Northern Hemisphere as temperature records fall

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/killer-heatwave-grips-northern-hemisphere-12871468#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare


Does fuckwit Tommy still deny it?

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars
Visit Turkey. But beware, Sharia law is watching everyone.
avatar
Angry Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 4791
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 61
Location : Getting banned is a badge of honour in the fight against far rw extremists.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Tons of scientific data confirms global warming the cause.

Killer heatwave grips Northern Hemisphere as temperature records fall

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/killer-heatwave-grips-northern-hemisphere-12871468#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare


Does fuckwit Tommy still deny it?

He will, because he does not want to look at the statistics on this

You want to see evidence of this?

Just look at the mass increase of asthma attacks, from asthma sufferers in the last decade

Tommy willl never ever be able to explain how more and more people born suffer this condition

The explanation is climate change

I mean he is not stupid, but how he ignores scientific facts on this, proves he is like a religious believer

His views are based on faith and not fact

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Vintage on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:06 pm

While I don't dispute that humans are messing up the planet big time,
I can't help but wonder what the headlines could have been during
Climactic Optimum and the Little Climactic Optimum and all the other heating events that happen quite quickly in geological terms and the pretty sudden changes to Ice Ages large and small.
We certainly need to clean up our act but that's going to be a huge undertaking considering what we need to undo and taking the massive world population into account with their needs and wants,
we are not going to stop this event, its time we stopped being so arrogant to think we can, it isn't just human activity that's bringing this about, although we are doing a good job of aiding and abetting. .

Vintage

Posts : 1243
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Vintage wrote:While I don't dispute that humans are messing up the planet big time,
I can't help but wonder what the headlines could have been during
Climactic Optimum  and the Little Climactic Optimum and all the other heating events that happen quite quickly in geological terms and the pretty sudden changes to Ice Ages large and small.
We certainly need to clean up our act but that's going to be a huge undertaking considering what we need to undo and taking the massive world population into account with their needs and wants,
we are not going to stop this event, its time we stopped being so arrogant to think we can, it isn't just human activity that's bringing this about, although we are doing a good job of aiding and abetting. .
There was no headlines

This is reality

So who givea a fuck about that

This is now

Surely you agree on that Vintage?

Actually we can make a differnce and that is the issue here

The view to say, "okay, we are fucked" is really selfish, is it not?

Its also defeatist

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by gelico on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:25 pm

[quote="Vintage"]While I don't dispute that humans are messing up the planet big time,
I can't help but wonder what the headlines could have been during
Climactic Optimum  and the Little Climactic Optimum and all the other heating events that happen quite quickly in geological terms and the pretty sudden changes to Ice Ages large and small.
We certainly need to clean up our act but that's going to be a huge undertaking considering what we need to undo and taking the massive world population into account with their needs and wants,
we are not going to stop this event, its time we stopped being so arrogant to think we can, it isn't just human activity that's bringing this about, although we are doing a good job of aiding and abetting. .[/quote]


I totally get what you're saying vin, the world will naturally have it's own climate change as it has done since time began but with regards to your first sentence. We, as humans, are contributing big time to it's destruction, so it's up to us, as humans to take a step back and stop being so selfish and lazy and greedy and do something about it

gelico

Posts : 1614
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:26 pm

gelico wrote:

I totally get what you're saying vin,  the world will naturally have it's own climate change as it has done since time began but with regards to your first sentence.  We, as humans, are contributing big time to it's destruction, so it's up to us, as humans to take a step back and stop being so selfish and lazy and greedy and do something about it

+1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Vintage on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:41 pm

I agree with you both up to a point, I didn't make myself plain perhaps.
This has happened before humans were around, we won't stop it, even if we weren't here it may well have happened anyway. We humans have made a significant impact on what's happening this is  true, we need to do what we can to not make things worse and to try and slow things down and to alleviate the problems we will encounter, its going to be rough on so many people I just hope we are up to the challenge.
Meanwhile, remember, climatic change can happen at an alarming speed, geographically speaking.

Vintage

Posts : 1243
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Vintage on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Why wouldn't climate change in the past not be a factor in understanding what's happening now?
The sun is the main driver of weather on this planet, it has periods of high activity and low activity, otherwise how did the previous hot periods and cold periods come about (along with various chemical/volcanic/seismic activity etc of a living planet).

Vintage

Posts : 1243
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Original Quill on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:48 am

gelico wrote:I can't help but wonder what the headlines could have been during
Climactic Optimum  and the Little Climactic Optimum and all the other heating events that happen quite quickly in geological terms and the pretty sudden changes to Ice Ages large and small.

Why does it make a difference what the headlines would read, if as you say, "We certainly need to clean up our act..."  Why worry about a non sequitur?

Yet you go on: "We certainly need to clean up our act..." but in the next breath you say, "we are not going to stop this event, its time we stopped being so arrogant to think we can..."

Um, either you are saying Oh, fuck it!  Or, you are saying, "so it's up to us, as humans to take a step back and stop being so selfish and lazy and greedy and do something about it."  Which is it?

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25528
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:07 am

Vintage wrote:
While I don't dispute that humans are messing up the planet big time,
I can't help but wonder what the headlines could have been during
Climactic Optimum  and the Little Climactic Optimum and all the other heating events that happen quite quickly in geological terms and the pretty sudden changes to Ice Ages large and small.
We certainly need to clean up our act but that's going to be a huge undertaking considering what we need to undo and taking the massive world population into account with their needs and wants,
we are not going to stop this event, its time we stopped being so arrogant to think we can, it isn't just human activity that's bringing this about, although we are doing a good job of aiding and abetting. .

Suspect

What a load of selfish and defeatist human-centric drivel...

"Little Climactic Optimum" -- a minor blip in Europe's recent meteorogical history has been grossly exaggerated amd misrepresented by the mining/oil lobbyists, to steer enough gullible people away from the accelerating effects of various human activities (coal fired power stations, internal combustion engines, plastic wastes, intensive agriculture systems-- and the #1 problem == deforestation and resultant habitat and biodiversity loss..).

Do you even know the difference between "climate" and "weather" ?

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6300
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by nicko on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:14 am

Do you ?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10253
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by gelico on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:27 am

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:I can't help but wonder what the headlines could have been during
Climactic Optimum  and the Little Climactic Optimum and all the other heating events that happen quite quickly in geological terms and the pretty sudden changes to Ice Ages large and small.

Why does it make a difference what the headlines would read, if as you say, "We certainly need to clean up our act..."  Why worry about a non sequitur?

Yet you go on: "We certainly need to clean up our act..." but in the next breath you say, "we are not going to stop this event, its time we stopped being so arrogant to think we can..."

Um, either you are saying Oh, fuck it!  Or, you are saying, "so it's up to us, as humans to take a step back and stop being so selfish and lazy and greedy and do something about it."  Which is it?


uh, you've done it again quill. You took a post from vintage and then put my name to it but I didn't actually say that. The bit I bolded at the bottom is part of my post.


I have no idea what answers long term but at the very least we can all take a little bit of personal responsibility with regards to our own rubbish.

Years ago when we were kids my mum and various other members of the community would sometimes organise a kind of clean up day where a bunch of us would go down to a local river or park lake and clear loaods of rubbish from in and around the area. surprising how much of it there was even then.

when my daughter was about 4 and we were walking through the park, she said to me ''mummy, why do people just throw their rubbish down in the park? after all it's their park too and they're just spoiling it,,,,why do they do that?''. The only answer to that was that some people are just lazy and selfish and don't care

sad but true i feel

do you have any solutions for cleaning up the planet?

gelico

Posts : 1614
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:29 am

Vintage wrote:Why wouldn't climate change in the past not be a factor in understanding what's happening now?
The sun is the main driver of weather on this planet, it has periods of high activity and low activity, otherwise how did the previous hot periods and cold periods come about (along with various chemical/volcanic/seismic activity etc of a living planet).

Actually it is a factor in understanding climate change today, because today, humans are mainly causing this. So its based on an understanding of the past to draw such a conclusion.

I have never understood the warped ands quite frankily idiotitic view to claim this has happened in the past

What good did that do to many species that were wiped out?

Seriopusly?

Its like when people argue.

"Well its happened before climate change". Are not understanding we are causing this change?

I mean if you understand that placing your hand in fire is going to hurt and burn you. Why then say, that many species have always been burnt with fire.

Its about the most ridiculous and most stupid thing to say.

So climate change may well be a factor in understanding the past, how about you actually understand and recognise ther human element that is altering climate change today?

Seriousl?

Hence to go off the past, when we have no idea what the furture will hold, but know that  climate change is damaging, as it was in the past. Shows you have not learnt a damn thing. It was damaging then as it is today

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 am

Vintage wrote:I agree with you both up to a point, I didn't make myself plain perhaps.
This has happened before humans were around, we won't stop it, even if we weren't here it may well have happened anyway. We humans have made a significant impact on what's happening this is  true, we need to do what we can to not make things worse and to try and slow things down and to alleviate the problems we will encounter, its going to be rough on so many people I just hope we are up to the challenge.
Meanwhile, remember, climatic change can happen at an alarming speed, geographically speaking.

Sorry but that is dumb

No, humans have not cause before climate change

They have now

Your view is, well, we are fucked, so nfuck the future generations, when we can do something about this

So yes we can slow down the harm here, as what is more important is the future generations

The point is, that humans are accelerating climate change

Are you not against that?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Vintage on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:18 am

Well, we'll have to agree to differ, although the only difference I can see is that I don't believe human activity is exclusively to blame, if climate change has happened before without humans I see no reason to think it wouldn't happen again with or without us.The planet is dynamic, we have siesmic and volcanic acitivity which puts all sorts of gases into the atmosphere affecting the climate along with the sun, its been more active in the past and caused changes, its more stable now so less changes, eventually the core will cool and our magnetosphere will fail and our atmosphere will be stripped by solar winds as its thought happened to Mars.
Anyway what is the answer, we are destroying rainforests at an alarming rate, we are polluting the seas, both absorbers of co2, we are covering vast areas with tarmac and concrete increasing the temperature of towns and cities, just check out the heat haze over cities. The population of developing countries are, rightly, expecting the things we take for granted like meat everyday, travel and goods to modernise their lives. I'm all for doing whatever it takes to slow this event down but can we persuade everyone to do that in time.

Vintage

Posts : 1243
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Vintage wrote:Well, we'll have to agree to differ, although the only difference I can see is that I don't believe human activity is exclusively to blame, if climate change has happened before without humans I see no reason to think it wouldn't happen again with or without us.The planet is dynamic, we have siesmic and volcanic acitivity which puts all sorts of gases into the atmosphere affecting the climate along with the sun, its been more active in the past and caused changes, its more stable now so less changes, eventually the core will cool and our magnetosphere will fail and our atmosphere will be stripped by solar winds as its thought happened to Mars.
Anyway what is the answer, we are destroying rainforests at an alarming rate, we are polluting the seas, both absorbers of co2, we are covering vast areas with tarmac and concrete increasing the temperature of towns and cities, just check out the heat haze over cities. The population of developing countries are, rightly, expecting the things we take for granted like meat everyday, travel and goods to modernise their lives. I'm all for doing whatever it takes to slow this event down but can we persuade everyone to do that in time.

Can you point to anyone that is laying claim solely to only human activity?

If you believe that humanity does play a part, then why the defensive argument?

I mean the argument of siesmic and volcanic acitivity?

Really?

Have you actually studied this in the earths history?

The tarmac argument?

What on earth are you talking about?

The Uk is urbanized 8%, so the tarmacing of roads will have very little effect

I am sorry Vintage, but please present facts not gibberish

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Vintage on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:46 pm

No Didge it isn't, you can't just brush stuff under the carpet because you can't see or don't like the logic.
All I hear is how humans have caused climate change and we have to stop it, all I'm arguing is, its happened before and I can't see why it wouldn't happen again naturally, the fact is that we are around this time and our activities are making it worse, I can't see how we are going to stop climate change, we can only hope to slow the process and manage the effects, that's not defeatist, a problem needs to be faced and acknowledged fully to be able to make a difference. We need to be able to adjust our lifestyles, as we always have, although this is a pretty big hurdle to overcome its true, we are not masters of the universe, we haven't really tamed nature,not yet anyway.
We have to change our ways even if we take away climate change we are still poisoning the planet for ourselves and other species.
How can we feed and house the world population without damaging the planet even more? Maybe someone will actually invent a Star Trek replicator soon? Maybe a few thousand will be able to move to another planet and happily destroy the habitat there, if there are sentient beings of lesser advancement there I don't rate their chances much when we get there. I wish someone would come up with a viable answer to climate change that doesn't require the poor er section of humanity to do without while the rich idle along doing the same old things. If we don't get a grip it'll be a scenario something like Soylent Green with the few haves and the multitude of have nots little food, little water hardly any habitat for anything but humans. Then it'll flip into an Ice Age and the problem will be solved by nature itself.

Vintage

Posts : 1243
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Actually its you brushing things under the carpet.

Now the argument is about vthe influence humans have had on climate change

As climate change has happened many times

This time is very dangereous for the human species and we are causing this

Do you understand that?

Seriously?

Do you understand how also many other species have become extinct?

As yo your point on feeding, we can easily do this with synthetic food. The reality is Africa could and should become the breadbasket of food for the world.

Corruption stops that.

The defeatist point on climate change is based on people never recognizing they are mortal. If people understood and realized how life is precious. They would look rightly at life as something that is based on borrowed time. As none of us are going to live for ever, but we should ensure the next generations have a chance to thrive in life

So you are not talking logic or science

I am waiting for you actually present some

My view is that I could be wrong, but me being wrong, when we look to safeguard the future will not harm anyone.

Your denialism to scientific facts on climate change will harm many and possible make humans extinct in the future

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Most of the last 2000 years have been warmer than now!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21041
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Most of the last 2000 years have been warmer than now!



And?

You have not got a fucking clue have you?

So lets test your ignorance

What place on earth have been warmer globally Tommy over the last 2000 years?

The entire earth?

Or your stupidity?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:13 pm



'...What place on earth have been warmer globally...'

???


lol!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21041
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

'...What place on earth have been warmer globally...'

???


lol!

How about the uk Tommy?

lol!

How about how global tempretures

Do you need to phone friend to understand this?


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Most of the last 2000 years have been warmer than now!



Rolling Eyes

Bull-fucking-shit...

Show us your evidence, Tommykins..

Instead of simply parroting your Oil/Mining' denialist propaganda lies, ad infinitum.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6300
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:40 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Most of the last 2000 years have been warmer than now!



Rolling Eyes

Bull-fucking-shit...

Show us your evidence, Tommykins..

Instead of simply parroting your Oil/Mining' denialist propaganda lies, ad infinitum.


He is measuring his piss

And still failing to grasp this

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:43 pm



Posted it all up before...


Yawn!

_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21041
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Posted it all up before...


Yawn!


So why are you dodging my questions?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:10 pm



Trying to say it's been the warmest ever... since records began just over 100 years ago... is spurious waffle...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21041
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Trying to say it's been the warmest ever... since records began just over 100 years ago... is spurious waffle...!




|s that also in your imagination when you jerk off?

How about you answer the questions posted to you?

As you are nothing more than a racist peice of shit

Nobody has said that the weather was warmer before

Nobody has said that the weather has been caused by human activitity, until now.

Do you understand this, you racist waste of oxygen?

Or would you like me to write this on a chalkboard for you?

As I can guess most African children can guess you are a racist peice of shit

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Wow no response from the racist white supremacist Tommy

We all know why, because he is a racist peice of shit

Lets hope one day Tommy will actually have a decent education

Now has Tommy answered a single point here?

No

He is nothing mopre than some ignorant racist geranium

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Temperature records tumble across the Northern Hemisphere.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum