Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Go down

Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:06 am



Lindsay Shepherd is a graduate student and teaching assistant at Wilfrid Laurier University. Known for being reprimanded by her university for playing a Jordan Peterson video in one of her classes, she discusses freedom of speech and victimhood culture on campus in her ideacity talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xdb7nlkzPY

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:32 am

cyclops

Lindsay Shepherd is a dick(ette).

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6325
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:59 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:cyclops

Lindsay Shepherd is a dick(ette).

Well she does not have a dick, which frankly, is what makes her a better person than you or I.

Seriously, what was wrong in what she said?

She is standing for the Liberal principle of Free speech.

Do you not hold such a principle?

Or do you also back the regressive Totalitarian view to ban free speech>

I suggest you look long and deep at what you believe in, because I stand by my Liberal principles and free speech is one of them

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by eddie on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:35 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:cyclops

Lindsay Shepherd is a dick(ette).

Will you give a reason as to why, you think she’s a dickette?

_________________
“I’m writing to reach you now but...
I might never reach you,
Only want to teach you...about you”.

~ Travis
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36045
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:01 am

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:cyclops

Lindsay Shepherd is a dick(ette).

Will you give a reason as to why, you think she’s a dickette?

she's a Jordan Peterson Groupie

Like Didge, she is the Real Snowflake pushing the idea that Uneducated opinions should be presented along slide and equal to Actual Facts.
because the Racist that Can't call them Niggers and Fags anymore is just as much a victim as the Descendants of slaves Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

She want to explorer Ideas like 'that Transpeople aren't real' so she shouldn't have to use gender neutral pro-nouns
she says it should be open to debate wether Transpeople exist or not, because to Insist that transpeople do exist is supposable impinging on her free speech.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18689
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by eddie on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:cyclops

Lindsay Shepherd is a dick(ette).

Will you give a reason as to why, you think she’s a dickette?

she's a Jordan Peterson Groupie

Like Didge, she is the Real Snowflake pushing the idea that Uneducated opinions should be presented along slide and equal to Actual Facts.
because the Racist that Can't call them Niggers and Fags anymore is just as much a victim as the Descendants of slaves Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

She want to explorer Ideas like 'that Transpeople aren't real' so she shouldn't have to use gender neutral pro-nouns
she says it should be open to debate wether Transpeople exist or not, because to Insist that transpeople do exist is supposable impinging on her free speech.

Okay, she’s an idiot for that, then.

_________________
“I’m writing to reach you now but...
I might never reach you,
Only want to teach you...about you”.

~ Travis
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36045
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:19 am

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

she's a Jordan Peterson Groupie

Like Didge, she is the Real Snowflake pushing the idea that Uneducated opinions should be presented along slide and equal to Actual Facts.
because the Racist that Can't call them Niggers and Fags anymore is just as much a victim as the Descendants of slaves Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

She want to explorer Ideas like 'that Transpeople aren't real' so she shouldn't have to use gender neutral pro-nouns
she says it should be open to debate wether Transpeople exist or not, because to Insist that transpeople do exist is supposable impinging on her free speech.

Okay, she’s an idiot for that, then.

Well the above by Veya is a perfect example of someone lying

She never claimed that Trans people are not real at all and open to debate

She played a clip of a debate on compelled speech, of which again she was not even backing Jordan Perterson

Jordan Perterson was against such a view, where people were compelled to use pornouns with Transexuals ( of which there have been now around 70 pronouns invented, which is not a fact at all. Its also coming from a small number of Transexuals, who wrongly think they speak for all Transexuals, they do not). There has been no case in history where people have been forced with compelled speech

He is not against Transexuals either, another example of Veya lying

You see this is what the left always do

The University went to disciplin her for playing a clip of this debate, which they later apologised for

So as can see the only thing uneducated and lying here, is Veya. Not only that he is emphatically lying

You can read for yourself Eddie, not the lies that Veya continually promotes

https://www.macleans.ca/lindsay-shepherd-wilfrid-laurier/

https://globalnews.ca/news/3923478/wilfrid-laurier-no-complaint-lindsay-shepherd/


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:09 am



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nL8eRuGMmc

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:36 am

'she didn't claim that aren't real' the Dumb ass says
But she did Question 'Why there was any need to 'gender neutral pronouns?'
She should get to debate if this human being is worthy of a pronoun.

they are needed cause trans people exists.
to say 'I don't think we need them' is to say you Don't 'see/believe' transpeople exist.

the Only people that support Jordan Peterson are transphobs , cause all he ever does is question the Validly of transpeople as human beings

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18689
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:43 am

veya_victaous wrote:'she didn't claim that aren't real' the Dumb ass says
But she did Question 'Why there was any need to 'gender neutral pronouns?'
She should get to debate if this human being is worthy of a pronoun.

they are needed cause trans people exists.
to say 'I don't think we need them' is to say you Don't 'see/believe' transpeople exist.

the Only people that support Jordan Peterson are transphobs , cause all he ever does is question the Validly of transpeople as human beings


She did not even question this, as again, she did not even agree with Jordan on this

It was used for debate, with a clip from a TV show

Nobody should have compelled speech forced upon them and again these are made up beliefs, on such pro-nouns, not at all scientific, with is ironic coming from you

Again this is coming from a small militant group of transexuals that do not speak for all transexuals

So to say these are needed because trans people exist is absurd. As your assumption is that all Trans people believe this, when they certainly do not. There is only two biological sexes, that is a fact. So yes transpeople certainly exist, that does not mean the militant ones get to make up crap, to then enforce this on people

If they want to refer to themselves in a certain way, that is up to them, it should then not be forced upon others to do so

So again you lie and I easily exposed that you did lie to Eddie and its clear you have zero understanding of Jordan Pertersons views on Transexuals. You just invent lies, to fit your pranoia, to then dislike them.

I do not even agree with all Jordan Perterson's views, espcially his religious ones, but he is not transphobic what so ever.

This is all you ever do, try to deligitimize someone, not having a clue what they stand for

Laters Mt Poor liar, liar, pants on fire

Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:00 am

If you are too dumb to see that Jordan Peterson is doing the equivalent of "I'm not racist but.." then your intellect is Right in his target audience (the Dumb and hardly educated)

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18689
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by veya_victaous on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:04 am

So lets see if Dim wit Didge can Articulate the point they make regarding transpoeple?

bet you can't because it comes down to, "my transphobic opinion that transpeople  are really just men or girls and they should NOT be treated with enough respect to recognise a differing pronoun"

Of course You have to THINK not just regurgitate shit Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18689
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 am

Laughing

Not only is poor old dimwitted Dodger on one of his usual ultra-conservative denialist pro-fascist benders here...

He keeps on falling back into his usual tiresome and repetitive old personal attacks against his detractors (veya, Quill, Andy, myself..) of calling us the "liars" and "idiots"..

A bit rich, when the Dodger is the one who keeps on hunting down and posting these pathetically fallacious ultra-conservative puff pieces.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6325
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:43 pm

veya_victaous wrote:If you are too dumb to see that Jordan Peterson is doing the equivalent of "I'm not racist but.." then your intellect is Right in his target audience (the Dumb and hardly educated)


I can certainly see you are an idiot have no evidence to back up your claim

This is all you and wolf do, you never actually take on the points at hand like compelled speech.

Instead the pair of you toddlers, falsely charge people 

Now all can see this

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:46 pm

veya_victaous wrote:So lets see if Dim wit Didge can Articulate the point they make regarding transpoeple?

bet you can't because it comes down to, "my transphobic opinion that transpeople  are really just men or girls and they should NOT be treated with enough respect to recognise a differing pronoun"

Of course You have to THINK not just regurgitate shit Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


Why should I offer someone more rights than anyone else?

I believe in equality and compelled speech is not equality, but Totalitarian

Again you are of the view, this is backed by all transpeople

Its not and again I have nothing again transpeople believeing they are not what they biological were born as.

Thus they are trans

These pronouns have been invented by a few radicals, who wish to enfore this on others.  I mean there is 70 of these pronouns

That is not respect, that is demanding

And yet you back such illiberal values like compelled speech

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Laughing

Not only is poor old dimwitted Dodger on one of his usual ultra-conservative denialist pro-fascist benders here...

He keeps on falling back into his usual tiresome and repetitive old personal attacks against his detractors (veya, Quill, Andy, myself..) of calling us the "liars" and "idiots"..

A bit rich, when the Dodger is the one who keeps on hunting down and posting these pathetically fallacious ultra-conservative puff pieces.


Oh look Veya's little lapdog, is trying to yap at my ankles.. Laughing

Ahhh you poor little victim, ha ha ha

Seriously, grow a pair and man up

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:47 pm



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0w7FOJaYNI



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkmzdiJXwaA

Wierd how Jordan Peterson has all these Trans supporters.... scratch

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by gelico on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:56 pm



This is bizarre imo

Jordan Peterson is incredibly well read and a deep and critical thinker. He has a huge following and receives thousands upon thousands of messages from people, thanking him for helping them to see things more clearly, helping them get to grips with their own thoughts, and their identities etc etc.

to label him as a transphobe is narrow minded, and about as intellectually lazy as it's possible to be.

as you say, didge, very strange how so many trans people think he's great


gelico

Posts : 1662
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Original Quill on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:40 pm

   

_________________
“Little thieves are hanged, but great thieves are praised.” — Old Russian proverb, offered by Vladimir Putin to Donald J. Trump, Helsinki, July, 2018.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars

Someone is above the rule of law in America.
avatar
Original Quill

Posts : 25652
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 53
Location : Northern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:11 pm

gelico wrote:

This is bizarre imo

Jordan Peterson is incredibly well read and a deep and critical thinker.  He has a huge following and receives thousands upon thousands of messages from people, thanking him for helping them to see things more clearly, helping them get to grips with their own thoughts, and their identities etc etc.

to label him as a transphobe is narrow minded, and about as intellectually lazy as it's possible to be.

as you say, didge, very strange how so many trans people think he's great



Because the actual bigots, are those making up the lies about Jordan and Lindsay. Just look how badly Veya lied to Eddie here? And then only to back the lief by Wolf, calling Lindsay a dick(ette). It worked so well, even Eddie was convinced she deserved such a name. Of course when I post the actual evidence Veya and Wolf are lying. They continue to post even further lies, to fuel their paranoia and bigotry.

Its not even lazy, its based on an outright lie and thus deliberate by those bigoted, to poorly attemp to deligitimize Jordan and Lindsay.

I mean seriously, I doubt they would ever start calling a new work collegue "Sir", if this person demanded that they do so. That is not how respect is earnt or given. As nobody demands that people refer to them a certain way, as they are generally met with ridicule and the opposite.

Respect is earnt. I am sure if someone came to me and discussed this with me, that they prefered if I refered to them, as "they" and reasoned why. I am sure I would accomadate them. If someone came up to me and demanded I did, I will tell them to jog on. Its where people are being compelled by law, through militants demanding that other should or face prosecution, which is abhorant. As again nobody should be forced to do anything. That is not a free society, but more like bowing down to the demands of a spoilt child having a temper tantrum.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:36 am

gelico wrote:

This is bizarre imo

Jordan Peterson is incredibly well read and a deep and critical thinker.  He has a huge following and receives thousands upon thousands of messages from people, thanking him for helping them to see things more clearly, helping them get to grips with their own thoughts, and their identities etc etc.

to label him as a transphobe is narrow minded, and about as intellectually lazy as it's possible to be.

as you say, didge, very strange how so many trans people think he's great




Jordan Peterson is a clueless fascist-loving know-nothing fool...

A dumbfuck oxygen thief, made famous through nothing more than appearances on ultra-conservative YouTube and 'shockjock' programmes..

Show us one example of that twat being either "well read" or a "deep thinker" ? Can't, can you..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6325
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:49 am

Didge wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Laughing

Not only is poor old dimwitted Dodger on one of his usual ultra-conservative denialist pro-fascist benders here...

He keeps on falling back into his usual tiresome and repetitive old personal attacks against his detractors (veya, Quill, Andy, myself..) of calling us the "liars" and "idiots"..

A bit rich, when the Dodger is the one who keeps on hunting down and posting these pathetically fallacious ultra-conservative puff pieces.


Oh look Veya's little lapdog, is trying to yap at my ankles.. Laughing

Ahhh you poor little victim, ha ha ha

Seriously, grow a pair and man up

Rolling Eyes

What the fuck are you whining about now...

You pathetic brainless mealy-mouthed weasel..

"Lap dog", "poor little victim", "man up"..

You haven't got any genuine and honest criticisms to pick against me this week !!!
So now we see you falling back onto throwing the same lazy and cowardly outright lying bullshit nonsense against me; much the same kind of fanciful rubbish that I've come to expect from the likes of those neo-nazi twats like gelico, Horatio or nems..

You hopeless fascist braindead maggot.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6325
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by gelico on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:33 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
gelico wrote:

This is bizarre imo

Jordan Peterson is incredibly well read and a deep and critical thinker.  He has a huge following and receives thousands upon thousands of messages from people, thanking him for helping them to see things more clearly, helping them get to grips with their own thoughts, and their identities etc etc.

to label him as a transphobe is narrow minded, and about as intellectually lazy as it's possible to be.

as you say, didge, very strange how so many trans people think he's great




Jordan Peterson is a clueless fascist-loving know-nothing fool...

A dumbfuck oxygen thief, made famous through nothing more than appearances on ultra-conservative YouTube and 'shockjock' programmes..

Show us one example of that twat being either "well read" or a "deep thinker"  ?  Can't, can you..    

You made the claim that he is fascist. Perhaps you could show one example of that??

or perhaps not

gelico

Posts : 1662
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by gelico on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:35 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:


Oh look Veya's little lapdog, is trying to yap at my ankles.. Laughing

Ahhh you poor little victim, ha ha ha

Seriously, grow a pair and man up

Rolling Eyes

What the fuck are you whining about now...

You pathetic brainless mealy-mouthed weasel..

"Lap dog", "poor little victim", "man up"..

You haven't got any genuine and honest criticisms to pick against me this week  !!!  
So now we see you falling back onto throwing the same lazy and cowardly outright lying bullshit nonsense against me; much the same kind of fanciful rubbish that I've come to expect from the likes of those neo-nazi twats like gelico, Horatio or nems..

You hopeless fascist braindead maggot.

oh and while you're busy with your intellectual debating, perhaps you could show an example of me being a neo-nazi

Come on princess, show me

gelico

Posts : 1662
Join date : 2017-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by nicko on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Here we see an typical example of your "keyboard warrior" Give it a rest Wolfie, your showing yourself up !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10329
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Graduate student Lindsay Shepherd is suing my university, Wilfrid Laurier. She’s seeking damages related to prejudicial treatment perpetrated against her by some members of the campus community.

Many Canadians who’ve read the news support her suit. In large part it’s because seven months ago they heard for themselves that now-famous audio recording. It revealed two Laurier profs and an administrator cruelly bullying Lindsay to the point of tears, insisting she renounce her belief that universities should promote open debate.

Those who have closely followed the interplay between Lindsay and Laurier since the beginning are among her strongest supporters. They don’t question why Lindsay is suing; they wonder “why did she wait so long?”

I can answer that. I’m one of the few professors at Laurier to publicly support Lindsay throughout her ordeal and we’ve talked about this at length.

Simply put: Lindsay loathes the idea of playing the victim. Her upbringing and essential nature brought her to that philosophical position. But her ideas have also been influenced by research like that of sociologists Bradley Campbell and Jason Manning.

They show a cultural shift, guided by new rules of behaviour, has occurred in society and on university campuses in particular.


https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/2018/06/25/why-lindsay-shepherd-is-suing-wilfrid-laurier-university.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lindsay Shepherd - Free Speech & Victimhood Culture

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum