What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Go down

What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:57 pm

This story is going nuts all over Facebook.






Exeter mum receives death threats after viral Facebook post on banter page goes wrong

Before it was removed from Facebook, the post had over 1,000 comments and over one hundred reactions.

A mum from Exeter has told how she has received death threats after her fake Facebook post on a banter page didn't go to plan.

Mum of two, Layla Densham did not expect her post which was meant as a joke, to get that much reaction from people.

The 25-year-old wrote the post on Sunday night to a Facebook page called HMP Banter, but it has since been deleted.

Layla said that even though she has taken the post down, she is still receiving death threats from people and that the entire situation is getting out of hand.

THE POST:



(FOR CLARITY):
"Just had the father of my son crying outside my house, begging for me to let him see his son. So I took my daughter out on the balcony and got her to say hiya dad LOL and you should of seen how upset my son was as his dad was walking away crying. Me and my daughter are just sat in the living room laughing as my son and his dad for crying the little melts." (Laughing face)


“The post is not real, I mean if it was then why would I post it all over the internet? There are loads of other posts on the page that are worse than that but none have got to this level.

"It was a post I made up because I keep seeing posts on Facebook slating single mums. People post all kind of things on the page but none of it is taken seriously, it's all a joke and people can see it's just a banter page."
 ~ Layla

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/exeter-mum-receives-death-threats-1686798

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:26 pm

Originally, I read the post she made first, then the story.
I could clearly see that was banter.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:05 am

It's in pretty poor taste though. What does she expect?
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8212
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:50 am

scratch

That stupid airheaded cow got off lightly...

She believes that posting that kind of shite without any foreword or warning is "a joke" and supposedly "banter" ???

What an idiot..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6299
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Syl on Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Anyone who issues a death threat to some stranger online because they don't like what has been posted has something wrong with them imo.

The post the woman wrote on Facebook was cruel and stupid....if she sees that as 'banter' mocking her kids and ex partner she has a very odd sense of humour.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16846
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 pm

She is taking the piss out of REAL posts like these that get a lot of “Yeah babes!” “You tell him!”

I find this kind of homour pretty funny. It’s clearly a send-up of the stupid single mothers who carry on like that.

The page is a banter page. I suggest people not join these kind of pages if they’re easily offended.


Last edited by eddie on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Syl on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Maybe you have to read this kind of forum to 'get' it.
Taken out of context it sounds nasty.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.
avatar
Syl

Posts : 16846
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:06 am

Banter definition, an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured


banter definition: 1. conversation that is funny and not serious: 2. to talk to


Definition of banter - the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.





_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:29 pm



So... by definition... not banter at all... just nasty...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Lord Foul on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 pm

agreed tommy...if she thinks like that as "banter" one can only assume that she would act like that given the situation/chance. shows what an "ugly person" she is.....

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9677
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:53 pm

I disagree. It’s a send up of all the mums who write this kind of ridiculous and nasty stuff. Comedians do it all the time - they take a sensitive topic and just make it real, with humour.

I think I do have a very dark sense of humour though. Not everyone gets it.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Lord Foul on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:01 pm

her name is Layla...she has trout pout and "that" look on her insolent face.......I doubt she has the intelligence to make something like this up as a parody piece.......... a fairly typical "mumsnet"

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9677
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:14 pm

Lord Foul wrote:her name is Layla...she has trout pout and "that" look on her insolent face.......I doubt she has the intelligence to make something like this up as a parody piece.......... a fairly typical "mumsnet"

It was posted on a “banter” page in Facebook. Rolling Eyes I can absolutely see the dry humour in it.

And you’re judging her by her looks and basing her looks on how clever you think she is? That’s dumb.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Lord Foul on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 pm

dumb.....nah...harsh, but rarely wrong.

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9677
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Come on, very few people are that horrible and she did post it on a humor page. I'm sure that's what she was going for. Not everybody gets that really dry humor that is kind of based on satire and sending up society, or they just don't care for it.

_________________
“You can pay for school but you can't buy class.”

Jay-Z
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24636
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 pm

eddie wrote:I disagree. It’s a send up of all the mums who write this kind of ridiculous and nasty stuff. Comedians do it all the time - they take a sensitive topic and just make it real, with humour.

I think I do have a very dark sense of humour though. Not everyone gets it.


How is it a 'send up'...?


When all she has done is written some nasty stuff...?


And where is the 'comedy/humour'...?


As far as I can see... the only people who might find this funny are the other nasty bitches who she claims to be trying to do a 'send up' of... when the whole idea of a 'send up' is to ridicule those being the target of the 'send up'... and funny for everyone else...!


Not banter... not funny... just nastiness...!


And do you know anything about this so called 'banter page'...?


Apparently it is a page created by and for some male inmates of a prison... which makes her post even worse... considering many may already be missing contact with their children...!!!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 am

eddie wrote:I disagree. It’s a send up of all the mums who write this kind of ridiculous and nasty stuff. Comedians do it all the time - they take a sensitive topic and just make it real, with humour.

I think I do have a very dark sense of humour though. Not everyone gets it.

Idea

"Send up"; "..humour"; "banter"...

Three entirely different concepts, those terms are not interchangeable, and nasty and spiteful sexist send ups never count as genuine "banter", no matter how the sisterhood attempts to twist and spin their pathetic arguments..

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6299
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:47 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Come on, very few people are that horrible and she did post it on a humor page. I'm sure that's what she was going for. Not everybody gets that really dry humor that is kind of based on satire and sending up society, or they just don't care for it.

Suspect

Her nasty and misandrist humour still doesn't fit the description of being mere "banter" by any definition..

No matter how hard she tries to redefine her man-hating "jokes"..

Imagine the uproar if it had been a man joking about wife-bashing !

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6299
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:I disagree. It’s a send up of all the mums who write this kind of ridiculous and nasty stuff. Comedians do it all the time - they take a sensitive topic and just make it real, with humour.

I think I do have a very dark sense of humour though. Not everyone gets it.


How is it a 'send up'...?


When all she has done is written some nasty stuff...?


And where is the 'comedy/humour'...?


As far as I can see... the only people who might find this funny are the other nasty bitches who she claims to be trying to do a 'send up' of... when the whole idea of a 'send up' is to ridicule those being the target of the 'send up'... and funny for everyone else...!


Not banter... not funny... just nastiness...!


And do you know anything about this so called 'banter page'...?


Apparently it is a page created by and for some male inmates of a prison... which makes her post even worse... considering many may already be missing contact with their children...!!!



What you think is funny (i.e. someone slipping on a banana peel, someone getting hit in the crotch with a bat) and what I think is funny (i.e., that stuff happening to you) are quite different things. Humor isn't for everyone, and under the right circumstances, even seemingly nasty, biting comments can indeed be light-hearted banter, ya c-nt!

_________________
“You can pay for school but you can't buy class.”

Jay-Z
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24636
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 pm

There is nothing funny about what the twat in OP posted.



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:21 am

I don’t think you get it, that’s why. Perhaps you can explain what she meant, then I will know.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:57 am



Not banter, not satire, not comedy, not funny... just nasty...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:09 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Not banter, not satire, not comedy, not funny... just nasty...!




Explain the joke to me. Second time of asking.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:21 am

You reap what you sow

It may have been in a light hearted way, but it was in the worst possible taste. Espically when many men have no access to their children

What she said was stupid. Does she deserve any of the hate that she has gotten?

No way, but it was mindless idiocy, because there is men out there that are heartbroken to not have access to their own children.

So she was irresponsible for her words, because it was never funny. When the reality is. That there is families out there split in two where parents play off such childish antics

I get your point Eddie, that it was a joke, but it was a joke, that played on the worst emotions here. What she said was fucking stupid. If a man had of saids this in the opposite fashion, you would have been all over them like a rash.

Humour is the best cure for anything, but not at the expense of real life heartbreaks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:31 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


How is it a 'send up'...?


When all she has done is written some nasty stuff...?


And where is the 'comedy/humour'...?


As far as I can see... the only people who might find this funny are the other nasty bitches who she claims to be trying to do a 'send up' of... when the whole idea of a 'send up' is to ridicule those being the target of the 'send up'... and funny for everyone else...!


Not banter... not funny... just nastiness...!


And do you know anything about this so called 'banter page'...?


Apparently it is a page created by and for some male inmates of a prison... which makes her post even worse... considering many may already be missing contact with their children...!!!



What you think is funny (i.e. someone slipping on a banana peel, someone getting hit in the crotch with a bat) and what I think is funny (i.e., that stuff happening to you) are quite different things. Humor isn't for everyone, and under the right circumstances, even seemingly nasty, biting comments can indeed be light-hearted banter, ya c-nt!


No, humour is not for everyone and so is not everyone able to have empathic intelligence, which you severely lack

I get that you do not have children, but place yourself in a situation, where you are and have been welcomed to be the step father of Eddi's children

Would you reallly feel cool, if Eddie said that of her Ex or then you?

Seriously?

It may have been done in jest, but it was utterly irresponsible

Surely you can see that?

I hope you never have to stand outside Eddie's house and have her children then be used, to then get at you.

To make this supposed joke was not based on any reason, but vindictiveness

There is no doubt in my mind, there is an element of truth to this. As why would anyone think there was an element of humour to this?

Otherwise, why else extend children like a carrot on a stick. To be funny and then demean men as soft crying?

I mean fuck me, where the world is without sensitivity, that now. The point of mocking is now a grown man rightly being upset, that he has been denied access to his own children?

I am sorry, but how the fuck is that even funny?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:04 am

I think the best way for you and Ben to see the error of your way is this

Imagine, that your ex, is living with you Eddie

He is actually sleeping in your bed

That you stand on your bed and Ben is restricted to the bedroom door and not able to pass it. You and your ex both laugh at him. He is of course then naked and erect, stroking himself.

That Ben can only sleep on the couch until you get married?

How do you think Ben would feel at seeing that?

Would it be a joke or even funny to him?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by nicko on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:25 am

What an imagination you'v got Didge Laughing
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Not banter, not satire, not comedy, not funny... just nasty...!


Explain the joke to me. Second time of asking.  

scratch

You're the one claiming it was a light-hearted joke, eddie  --  not Tommy...

Why should it be Tommy explaining anything  --   when it should be you explaining where the supposed "joke" was in that snotty little poe-faced bitch's hatefest against her ex'..

No actual "banter" to be seen anywhere (and, not forgetting that "banter" involves two-way traffic, not just a one-sided bitchfest..), just pure public nastiness on her part.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6299
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:08 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Not banter, not satire, not comedy, not funny... just nasty...!




Explain the joke to me. Second time of asking.  


You're saying it was a 'joke'... not me...!


You explain it!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Not banter, not satire, not comedy, not funny... just nasty...!




Explain the joke to me. Second time of asking.  


You're saying it was a 'joke'... not me...!


You explain it!



I did already.

I want YOU to explain it to ME so you can show me that you understand the point she was making.

I am not sure that many on this thread actually really got the point.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:00 am

Didge wrote:I think the best way for you and Ben to see the error of your way is this

Imagine, that your ex, is living with you Eddie

He is actually sleeping in your bed

That you stand on your bed and Ben is restricted to the bedroom door and not able to pass it. You and your ex both laugh at him. He is of course then naked and erect, stroking himself.

That Ben can only sleep on the couch until you get married?

How do you think Ben would feel at seeing that?

Would it be a joke or even funny to him?

That just doesn't make any sense.

_________________
“You can pay for school but you can't buy class.”

Jay-Z
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24636
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:03 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:I think the best way for you and Ben to see the error of your way is this

Imagine, that your ex, is living with you Eddie

He is actually sleeping in your bed

That you stand on your bed and Ben is restricted to the bedroom door and not able to pass it. You and your ex both laugh at him. He is of course then naked and erect, stroking himself.

That Ben can only sleep on the couch until you get married?

How do you think Ben would feel at seeing that?

Would it be a joke or even funny to him?

That just doesn't make any sense.


Not only does it not make sense, it has nothing whatsoever in common with the OP and it’s also incredibly bizarre.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:32 am


Ok...


Here's her 'explanation'...


"I posted some really nasty stuff that I thought was funny, because I am a nasty twat, but when everyone else started telling me that I was a nasty twat, I tried pretending that it was all just a big joke... LOL..."



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:01 am

Right thanks, I've already read it.
It didn’t answer my question to you though. I’ve asked you twice now.

Why do you think you can’t or won’t answer?

You do this a lot.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 am

How can I explain something as a joke when it is something somebody else said, and something I don't see as a joke or funny in any way...?



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:21 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:I think the best way for you and Ben to see the error of your way is this

Imagine, that your ex, is living with you Eddie

He is actually sleeping in your bed

That you stand on your bed and Ben is restricted to the bedroom door and not able to pass it. You and your ex both laugh at him. He is of course then naked and erect, stroking himself.

That Ben can only sleep on the couch until you get married?

How do you think Ben would feel at seeing that?

Would it be a joke or even funny to him?

That just doesn't make any sense.


Makes plenty of sense to your blind reasoning to back Eddie's idiocy here

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:22 am

Didge wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:

What you think is funny (i.e. someone slipping on a banana peel, someone getting hit in the crotch with a bat) and what I think is funny (i.e., that stuff happening to you) are quite different things. Humor isn't for everyone, and under the right circumstances, even seemingly nasty, biting comments can indeed be light-hearted banter, ya c-nt!


No, humour is not for everyone and so is not everyone able to have empathic intelligence, which you severely lack

I get that you do not have children, but place yourself in a situation, where you are and have been welcomed to be the step father of Eddi's children

Would you reallly feel cool, if Eddie said that of her Ex or then you?

Seriously?

It may have been done in jest, but it was utterly irresponsible

Surely you can see that?

I hope you never have to stand outside Eddie's house and have her children then be used, to then get at you.

To make this supposed joke was not based on any reason, but vindictiveness

There is no doubt in my mind, there is an element of truth to this. As why would anyone think there was an element of humour to this?

Otherwise, why else extend children like a carrot on a stick. To be funny and then demean men as soft crying?

I mean fuck me, where the world is without sensitivity, that now. The point of mocking is now a grown man rightly being upset, that he has been denied access to his own children?

I am sorry, but how the fuck is that even funny?


I see ben ignored this and went with blind love and idiocy following Eddie's stupidity here

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:23 am

Didge wrote:You reap what you sow

It may have been in a light hearted way, but it was in the worst possible taste. Espically when many men have no access to their children

What she said was stupid. Does she deserve any of the hate that she has gotten?

No way, but it was mindless idiocy, because there is men out there that are heartbroken to not have access to their own children.

So she was irresponsible for her words, because it was never funny. When the reality is. That there is families out there split in two where parents play off such childish antics

I get your point Eddie, that it was a joke, but it was a joke, that played on the worst emotions here. What she said was fucking stupid. If a man had of saids this in the opposite fashion, you would have been all over them like a rash.

Humour is the best cure for anything, but not at the expense of real life heartbreaks.


Sorry Eddie, but no answer?

On this you are being a complete twat

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:31 am

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:


You're saying it was a 'joke'... not me...!


You explain it!



I did already.

I want YOU to explain it to ME so you can show me that you understand the point she was making.

I am not sure that many on this thread actually really got the point.


Seriously who gives a fuck to to the point she was making when the point fucking neglected the reality of where men are denied access to their children

You explain to me, how the fuck that is a laughing matter?

Seriously

You have done nothing but dodge and try to get out of poorly backing this very immature and simple minded woman

It was utterly stupid what she said

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:32 am

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
You're saying it was a 'joke'... not me...!

You explain it!


I did already.

I want YOU to explain it to ME so you can show me that you understand the point she was making.

I am not sure that many on this thread actually really got the point.
Arrow

No eddie,  you're the one not getting "the point" of that braindead cow's faux "humour"...

There was no genuine "banter" involved;
There was no obvious "joke";
It wasn't funny..

It was clearly one nasty single mum taking the opportunity to attack her ex' in public.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6299
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Okay wolf really really doesn’t understand it so I’m ignoring him.


I’m going to explain this to the rest of you and then leave you to realise what this “joke” is.

She is ridiculing the women who do this ergo saying they are all hideous for doing this to men ergo her whole post is actually BACKING the men in these situations.

It’s a very common thing you see in FB and she’s mocking it


If you don’t get it now, you never will.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm



No Eddie... that was not her explanation at all...!


She said this...

"It was a post I made up because I keep seeing posts on Facebook slating single mums"



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:12 am

eddie wrote:Okay wolf really really doesn’t understand it so I’m ignoring him.


I’m going to explain this to the rest of you and then leave you to realise what this “joke” is.

She is ridiculing the women who do this ergo saying they are all hideous for doing this to men ergo her whole post is actually BACKING the men in these situations.

It’s a very common thing you see in FB and she’s mocking it


If you don’t get it now, you never will.

Rolling Eyes

Your attempted explanation is total rubbish...

She never says that at all, anywhere in the O/P or the linked article..

You just keep on digging yourself in deeper there, eddie.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6299
Join date : 2016-02-24
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:21 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:Okay wolf really really doesn’t understand it so I’m ignoring him.


I’m going to explain this to the rest of you and then leave you to realise what this “joke” is.

She is ridiculing the women who do this ergo saying they are all hideous for doing this to men ergo her whole post is actually BACKING the men in these situations.

It’s a very common thing you see in FB and she’s mocking it


If you don’t get it now, you never will.

Rolling Eyes

Your attempted explanation is total rubbish...

She never says that at all,  anywhere in the O/P or the linked article..

You just keep on digging yourself in deeper there, eddie.


Wolfboy is quite right here...!



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by eddie on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 pm

Hahahahahaha no.
You are both completely stupid, I’ve just told you what it was about.

Not my fault that you clearly can’t understand some types of piss taking.


_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 36017
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:52 pm

But Eddie... you claim a different reason for the post than the poster herself claims was the reason for her post...!!!???



_________________
“Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” — Isaac Newton

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
avatar
Tommy Monk

Posts : 21040
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:33 am

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Not banter, not satire, not comedy, not funny... just nasty...!




Explain the joke to me. Second time of asking.  


You're saying it was a 'joke'... not me...!


You explain it!



I did already.

I want YOU to explain it to ME so you can show me that you understand the point she was making.

I am not sure that many on this thread actually really got the point.

or the point wasn't funny Wink

I don't know the context of the page as you say it might be all jokes, but since she is dumb enough to post without obvious sarcasm under her real account she deserves what she gets.... maybe if kids education was more inclusive of smart phones and social media etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18664
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think - is this just banter...or not?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum