America is separating thousands of children from their parents

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

America is separating thousands of children from their parents

Post by >THE Ben Reilly< on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Department of Homeland Security says 1,995 minors were separated from their "alleged adult guardians" at the southern border in just over a monthlong period.

A DHS spokesman said the separations occurred between April 19 and the end of May under the administration's relatively new "zero tolerance" policy, in which parents have also been arrested.

The Trump administration's practice of separating migrant children from their parents at the southern border has brought attention to a little-known government agency. The Office of Refugee Resettlement is responsible for finding homes for unaccompanied migrant children, those who attempt to enter the country without their parents. Now the agency also has to shelter those the government has separated from their families.

The government says more than 10,000 children are in shelters run by the Office of Refugee Resettlement. The office is part of the Department of Health and Human Services.

In the Obama administration, the ORR was overseen by acting Assistant Secretary Mark Greenberg. Greenberg, now with the Migration Policy Institute, says there is a careful process to determine how to place unaccompanied children, most of whom come from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador. The agency, he says, "initially seeks to determine if the child has a parent in this country; and if not a parent, a close relative; and if not a close relative, a more distant relative or a family friend."

Until a sponsor is found, ORR relies on a network of 100 shelters in 14 states to house the children.

Again we see, people say they want draconian immigration laws, then end up seeing utterly inhumane practices enacted.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/16/620451012/dhs-nearly-2-000-children-separated-from-adults-at-border-in-six-weeks

Eddie: "It's shit mixed with vomit."
>THE Ben Reilly<
>THE Ben Reilly<
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: America is separating thousands of children from their parents

Post by Original Quill on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:20 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You

I do not think any child should be seperated from their parents based on illigeal immigration.

What I have rightly shown is that your claim that it is based on race, is a crock of shit and also your pathetic attempt to compare this to the policies of the Holocasut that saw many children gassed or shot with their parents. Mothers and their children were often sent to the Gas chambers together on arrival. Showing how much of an idiot you really are.

Where many are latino illigal immigrants, where many are of European descent, how then is that a racist policy, towards Caucasians?

You now see why you are an idiot. Its purely a poor policy towards illegal immigrants which effects many races, including Caucasians.

So I never backed any view to incarcerate children of illigal immigrants and I never claimed they should be criminalized.

I think Trump is a complete dickhead 

So, why are you defending the child-snatching now??

You are so full of horseshit, and we need real men with real solutions. Take a back seat and keep quiet.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

If you can't indict, and you don't impeach, you've got villainy.

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

I do not think any child should be seperated from their parents based on illigeal immigration.

What I have rightly shown is that your claim that it is based on race, is a crock of shit and also your pathetic attempt to compare this to the policies of the Holocasut that saw many children gassed or shot with their parents. Mothers and their children were often sent to the Gas chambers together on arrival. Showing how much of an idiot you really are.

Where many are latino illigal immigrants, where many are of European descent, how then is that a racist policy, towards Caucasians?

You now see why you are an idiot. Its purely a poor policy towards illegal immigrants which effects many races, including Caucasians.

So I never backed any view to incarcerate children of illigal immigrants and I never claimed they should be criminalized.

You are so full of horseshit, and we need real men with real solutions.  Take a back seat and keep quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You are so full of horseshit, and we need real men with real solutions.  Take a back seat and keep quiet.

Then shut the fuck up. We need real men, with real solutions. Not your dilettante noise.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Then shut the fuck up.  We need real men, with real solutions.  Not your dilettante  noise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Didge wrote:https://www.aclu.org/report/code-red-fatal-consequences-dangerously-substandard-medical-care-immigration-detention

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Then shut the fuck up.  We need real men, with real solutions.  Not your dilettante  noise.

AGREE 100%

He says he doesn't like but offers cover and excuses for it to continue
He is nothing but Lip service Hypocrite

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:06 am

I see the village idiot along with the other dummy still cannot grasp the point how they are full of shit and hypocritical twats.

I have always been for immigration, which is apparant on just about every thread.

My points have been very clear here. How idiots with a low intellect do as they always do and invoke the most extreme and absurd examples, where there is a very poor policy. As seen idiots like Quill invoke the Holocasut exploiting this. Though for decades immigrants have been treated appallingly and this is just one in a long line of this crap.

They are also so dumb, they think the problem is Trump. No the problem is how and why we do nothing to help ease the problems of illegal immigration at its very core. The nations where people are fleeing from. Now there is no American bombs being dropped in Central and Latin America, proving its the standard of living and human rights that the rest of the world has to help tackle the problems of. But the regressive left do not want to be involved and allow this continious cycle to continue. They never tackle these problems at their very core. So Trump is just one in a long line of dick heads, that does nothing to actually combat this, by plays to tribalism. 

So why now are the so called progressives up in arms, when illegal immigrants have been oppressed for decades in the US? 

Because they dont really give a shit about them, they only care about exploiting them for their own political agendas and hence why they are nothing more than two faced twats. Espically Quill, who wants to seperate California and not help problems in the rest of the world.

That is why I kepted bumbing up actual facts and not one regressive attempted to tackle them, bar some lame half hearted attempt by Ben. None actually addressed the fact it has been an issue for years and only now wanted to care, when there is seperation of families. 

What a crock of shit

If people want to help solve these many problems, then you do so at their core and not only suddennly have a concience when its during the present Presidency. As it makes you nothing more than hypocritical twats

This is why Quill and the Village idiot continually make up shit on here and other threads to things I have never said. The recent antisemitism by Veya, who is so perpetually wound up be me, makes himself look even more stupid. When he simple invokes things I have never said and thinks he is getting to me, when its me controlling his stupid response, by the fact I have him wound up. I post facts, he constantly lies with unfounded and very antisemitic claims. Making him look the dick.

The pair of them need to grow up, as your strategy is failing badly here

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:13 am

The father of the little girl on the US-Mexico border, whose distraught face came to symbolise the plight of families separated by the Trump administration, has said that his daughter and wife are together, and doing well.

Denis Javier Varela Hernandez, 32, said that his two-year-old daughter Yanela was with his wife sassy in a shelter.

Mr Varela Hernandez, a ship’s captain from Puerto Cortes, Honduras, said he had not spoken to his them, but was informed on Wednesday that they were in custody in Texas.

“My heart broke because it's my little girl,” he told Spanish language network Univision.

“The first time I said that's my little girl when I saw the report.

“Of course I cried, it's really hard. I can imagine that my wife was very fearful crossing the border because she took the decision.”

Mr Varela Hernandez said he had urged his 32-year-old wife not to make the journey.

On the journey to the US, the girl was photographed crying while her mother was searched, and she has been featured on the cover of this week's Time magazine.

But, he told DailyMail.com, she had repeatedly said she wanted to go to the US for a “better future” and seek work, and left their Honduran hometown without telling him or any of their family members.

“I didn't support it. I asked her, why? Why would she want to put our little girl through that?” he told the website.

“But it was her decision at the end of the day.”

Mr Varela Hernandez said his wife set out with their child on June 3, at 6am, and he had not heard from her since.

“I never got the chance to say goodbye to my daughter and now all I can do is wait,” he said, adding that he hopes they are either granted political asylum or are sent back home.

“I don't have any resentment for my wife, but I do think it was irresponsible of her to take the baby with her in her arms because we don't know what could happen.”

The couple has three other children, son Wesly, 14, and daughters Cindy, 11, and Brianna, six.

“The kids see what's happening,” he told the site. “They're a little worried but I don't try to bring it up that much. They know their mother and sister are safe now.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/21/father-honduran-girl-whose-devastated-face-shocked-america-says/

I wonder what the village idiots will think about this now iconic mother, seperating herself from her other children and father?

Lets see

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Didge wrote:I wonder what the village idiots will think about this now iconic mother, seperating herself from her other children and father?

Lets see

I see some 2,500 other children who are not united with their family.

Didge, you can't generalize from specifics.  We don't need to hear about "iconic mothers" when thousands of "unrecognizable mothers" are still out there.  You point to one united mother and child and declare nothing's wrong.

You don't get it.  You make no mention of the other 2,499 parents and children who are not united.  You speak of an "iconic mother."  Do you know what the word "iconic" means?

Merriam-Webster wrote:Definition of iconic
1 : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an icon
2 a : widely recognized and well-established an iconic brand name
b : widely known and acknowledged especially for distinction

It means 'typical', standing for many, or generalizing.  And how many times do I have to tell you, you can't generalize from specifics.  While this little girl is symbolic, in no way does that mean we can disregard the other 2,499 children.  The problem doesn't go away just because you found a happy ending for one!

This sleight-of-hand reasoning is why your arguments cannot be trusted.  You care more about appearing to win the argument, than you do about the tragedy at hand. I don't know whether it is you who misses the point, or us you want to miss the point.  Either way, it's wrong.

Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:I wonder what the village idiots will think about this now iconic mother, seperating herself from her other children and father?

Lets see

I see some 2,500 other children who are not united with their family.

Didge, you can't generalize from specifics.  We don't need to hear about "iconic mothers" when thousands of "unrecognizable mothers" are still out there.  You point to one united mother and child and declare nothing's wrong.

You don't get it.  You make no mention of the other 2,499 parents and children who are not united.  You speak of an "iconic mother."  Do you know what the word "iconic" means?

Merriam-Webster wrote:Definition of iconic
1 : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an icon
2 a : widely recognized and well-established an iconic brand name
b : widely known and acknowledged especially for distinction

It means 'typical', standing for many, or generalizing.  And how many times do I have to tell you, you can't generalize from specifics.  While this little girl is symbolic, in no way does that mean we can disregard the other 2,499 children.  The problem doesn't go away just because you found a happy ending for one!

This sleight-of-hand reasoning is why your arguments cannot be trusted.  I don't know whether it is you who misses the point, or us you want to miss the point.  Either way, it's wrong.

And of course Quill has no issue the Mother left her other children behind

Epic fail. As again its a complete double standard.

Its wrong for here to leave her other children, as it was for her to be seperated from her daughter. She did exactly the same to her children and never thought of how they would feel.

You ignore the elephant in the room. That of the treatment of illegal immigrant for decades. That has seen a multitude die in custody, be raped and abused. His only concern is of the recent seperation of a 2,499 children and basically the rest can go fuck themselves to Quill. 

Its nothing more than political point scoring.

I have been very clear that the seperation of families is wrong. And yet what is the alternative?

Holding children in adult attention centres?

When it is illegal for people to ignore the laws of the US and try to enter illgeally

Both are appalling ideas. Where if someone wishes to seek assylum, they should do so at the border crossing. If then they are criminalized for doing so. Then that is utterly abhorant. Again, what is wrong here is why people are fleeing and ignoring that they are. As half the population of the Central America countries are under the poverty line. which is the real issue here. As well as their human rights. Its why people flock to the US for better rights and a better chance to life. Unless this is actually tackled. Then the continuation of this problem of mass illegal immigration is going to continue unabated and created the tribalism that we now see in the US. To ignore that this then does not cause more problems for the US and citizens is blatantly ignorance at its worse. Where again if countries had better econmies and human rights. Then immigration would be reduced to a managble need for any country for skilled labour.

The reality is you are full of shit, because only now do you suddenlly pipe up about the treatment of illgeal immigrants, only under Trump.

Maybe you want to take on all Illegal immigrants for the entire US in California?

How about that, when already such illegal immigration us having a massive effect on the well being and quality of life for people in California. Its not helping anyone and whilst I certainly support refugees and people wanting to better their lives. Thesze would not be actual problems, if you tackled them at their core. Hellping to eradicate poverty in these countries.

Its like the ridiculous notion that there is millions of Palestianian refugees today. Where only in this case, people not born refugees, are classed refugees, based off their parents. Where many have resided in other Arab nations for decades. They have been denied the basic rigghts of citizens in those Arab countries. When they should have granted citizenship years ago. Such stupidity, perpetuates the conflict. As nobody is suggesting he 16 million Germans displaced and forced removal after WW2 and their offspring, which would go into the tens of millions, should be classed as refugees and with a right of return to Poland, the Sudetenland land etc.

Its the world that continues these problems and conflicts, because the UN, is now basically ruled by dictatorships over that of democratic nations.

You want to actually help illigeal immigrants, then you start at where the actual problem is, in their own countries. By helping make those countries a better place to live. If not, then as seen, tribalism grows ugly, as seen today with the measure of child seperation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:38 pm

Didge wrote:And of course Quill has no issue the Mother left her other children behind

You see?  You are very much like Trump.  If a certain narrative is inconvenient, you simply lie...make up shit to contort into your picture.  You don't care about the truth...only the competition. Very Trumpian...follow his tweets.

When you think you have scored (by your lie), you return to your pro-Trump support:

Didge wrote:When it is illegal for people to ignore the laws of the US and try to enter illgeally

God forbid that you should ever become a parent.  There is a higher law than the ones people invent and write down.  That is the law of nature...the law that says parents love and support their children.  But, I guess you wouldn't know about that.

Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:And of course Quill has no issue the Mother left her other children behind

You see?  You are very much like Trump.  If a certain narrative is inconvenient, you simply lie...make up shit to contort into your picture.  You don't care about the truth...only the competition.

When you think you have scored (by your lie), you return to your pro-Trump support:

Didge wrote:And it starts, a false equivalency. Make out me to be the evil here, when I am the only one offering an actual solution

This is why you are the ultinate idiot. You cannot counter my views, when I see Trump as basically an idiot and will do nothing good for the US domestically. You do what you do best and invent bullshit

So show me anywhere, that I have lied here?

Come on dipshit, show me in anywhere, what I have said is a lie?
You can only respond with lies, claiming I support Trump
Its so pathetic, it shows you are nothing more that an idiot
You cannot counter my points, but poorly try to deligitimise me with lies. 

God forbid that you should ever become a parent.  There is a higher law than the ones people invent and write down.  That is the law of nature...the law that says parents love and support their children.  But, I guess you wouldn't know about that.

Oh now you attack me as a parent when I am against children being seperated from their parents

I guess you only know how to lie and again know fuck all about US history

What is this higher law?

Nature?

Well nature is no friend to humanity. Or did you not get past 1st grade in geography?

Because in nature, it is the survival of the fitest and is why humanity has survived against all odds, where nature has thrown everything against them. From Volanoes, pandemics to earthquakes. I mean if parents love their children as you claim, then why do some species, actually eat their offspring? You are coming out with the most absurd and quite frankly idiotic view, that nature is something external from a view of deifying this to be a living being. That there is something behind this.

Its proves you are thick as shit, as nature is one of the greatest enemies of humanity

What you are talking about is nurture, not nature. There is a fucking huge difference dummy. Which is tied into evolution

I guess you do not know jack shit, because you never clearly questioned the nurture of this mother, when she abandoned, her other children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:19 pm

In the latest in a spate of nutty posts linking an Obama-era Ninth Circuit court decision to Nazism, former CNN host Soledad O’Brien tweeted that America is on the brink of a Nazi takeover

O’Brien isn’t alone with this sort of rhetoric. NPR anchor Maria Hinojosa compared the Trump policy to Nazi policy; so did Melania Trump’s former immigration lawyer; General Michael Hayden tweeted out a picture of Auschwitz; Jimmy Kimmel compared Trump’s policy to Sophie’s Choice.

To all these people I say: read a damn book once in awhile.

The policy of separating children from illegal immigrant parents who are detained criminally is the law. It was ruled upon by the Ninth Circuit in 2016, and overturned an Obama-era policy of keeping children with their parents in custody. And to argue that this law is in any way akin to Nazi policy isn’t just stupid, it’s disgusting. The Nazis weren’t particularly concerned with temporarily separating children from parents in order to supposedly protect children from the abuses of detainment (this was the Ninth Circuit’s rationale). Nor was the Nazi policy to keep children with parents in order to alleviate their suffering (the Trump administration’s newly-stated executive policy). The Nazi policy was to murder children and parents.

Furthermore, comparing Trump policy to Nazi policy turns ICE agents into Nazis – an argument which, despite the best lies of certain New Yorker employees, is not true. If separation policy is Nazi policy, ICE agents have a duty to forcibly resist their orders. They don’t, because it’s not Nazi policy. Not every bad policy is Nazi policy; not every bad policy can be fixed with the stroke of an executive pen.

But Nazi has become a stand-in for “thing I don’t like.” And that means that everything you don’t like becomes “Nazi policy.” The great stupidity of this perspective was exposed over the last 24 hours when Republicans proposed a legislative fix for the separation issue – and Democrats rejected it. It’s difficult to maintain that this is Nazi policy, but simultaneously argue that it’s more important for Chuck Schumer to score political points than to fix it.

Yet that’s just what many Leftists are arguing: that their opponents are Nazis, but that they have no moral duty beyond shouting “Nazi!” That’s because they don’t believe their opponents are Nazis. They just think they win political battles by shouting about Nazis. All of which leads to more reactionary politics and greater polarization – all of which truly is dangerous.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32093/trump-opponents-keep-comparing-trump-immigration-ben-shapiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Now I do not even agree with Ben here and yet he makes the valid point that the regressive left are full of shit and attempt to score political points, just as the right tried to when Obama was in power. Who to me, was the best President domestically. Even though he had his faults. All these references to Nazism, are fucking disgusting and it shows these idiots have no concept of what happened to the people in the Holocaust. To use them to score political points, as that dick Quill does, shows he has lost all rational reasoning.

The seperation of families is wrong.

So is holding children in adult detention centers

Hence, the view must be to tackle the root cause here of why people are trying to illgeally get over the border. Help make their countries a better place to live. Yet the socialist idiots do not want to do that. They would rather maintain civil discord and fuel the fire of tribalism

One word to describe them

Fuckwits

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:27 am

Trump has given up on any immigration legislation.

Rolling Stone wrote:
Trump's End of Week Message on Immigration: Give Up!

The president is panicking over how to solve a problem of his own making

The White House strategy for handling the family separation backlash has mostly been to blame lawmakers. Earlier this week, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen told reporters, falsely, that Congress created the problem and that "only Congress can fix it." Two days later, the administration titled the executive order Trump signed to keep families together "Affording Congress An Opportunity to Address Family Separation." House Republicans have responded with a frantic effort to pass an immigration bill that would satisfy the president's demands. As they've worked to come to an agreement, Trump hasn't done much other than tweet about it. On Friday morning, the president came in hot before quickly fizzling out, ultimately telling GOP lawmakers to just go ahead and give up.

"Republicans should stop wasting their time on Immigration until after we elect more Senators and Congressmen/women in November," Trump wrote before tweeting his support for a number of Republican candidates.

Though Trump has repeatedly blamed Democrats for the failure to pass legislation, it's the Republican members of the Republican-controlled House who have so far been unable to agree on a bill. In what was supposed to be an effort to move the process along, the president met with GOP members of Congress Tuesday night. Instead of addressing the specifics of the proposed legislation, Trump waxed on a number of unrelated subjects, including the failure of Trump critic Mark Sanford to win South Carolina's GOP primary. Lawmakers reportedly left the meeting unsure whether Trump supported a proposed hardline immigration bill or another more moderate one. Instead, the president only managed to express general support for the effort. "I'm with you 1,000 percent," Trump said. "I will not leave you in the wilderness."

The probabilities are that Trump's abortive antics will have the effect of turning the House and Senate over to the Democrats.  When that happens, this chapter of Hispanic baby kidnapping will probably become another 'high crime and misdemeanor' count in the Bill of Impeachment.

Original Quill
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3