New idea for the forum

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:49 pm

I’m going to put it up here later, so stick around, even if your leg falls off or your head gets stuck inside the toaster or something...ignore it.
And be here.

Or don’t. Whatevs.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 pm

eddie wrote:I’m going to put it up here later, so stick around, even if your leg falls off or your head gets stuck inside the toaster or something...ignore it.
And be here.

Or don’t. Whatevs.


Well that is pants. You say you are going to say something and not do that.

Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Lol....I will log in later all ears .

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Give us it!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
"When I look into your eyes, your love is there for me
And the more I go inside, the more there is to see ...

Makes no difference where you are
or where you're meant to be"

- The Beatles
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28104
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Legal residence: Texas. Heart home: England

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:39 pm

So this is what I am thinking might be a good fun thing to do whilst still debating a topic.

A topic will be chosen, for this example, we will choose ‘Abortion - Right or wrong?’ and you will choose the side you DONT agree with and debate that side. For me, I’d have to take the stance of being AGAINST abortion.

I think it will be a great way to stretch your debating skills and perhaps take yourself out of your comfort zone.

If you don’t want to choose a side or participate then you can play the role of ‘Judge’ and choose the most convincing post (it doesn’t even have to be a post from a side you agre with)

Let me know your thoughts here.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:45 pm

eddie wrote:So this is what I am thinking might be a good fun thing to do whilst still debating a topic.

A topic will be chosen, for this example, we will choose  ‘Abortion - Right or wrong?’ and you will choose the side you DONT agree with and debate that side.  For me, I’d have to take the stance of being AGAINST abortion.

I think it will be a great way to stretch your debating skills and perhaps take yourself out of your comfort zone.

If you don’t want to choose a side or participate then you can play the role of ‘Judge’ and choose the most convincing post (it doesn’t even have to be a post from a side you agre with)

Let me know your thoughts here.


Pants

There is no side Eddie

As are you goingt to tellme I must choose between black and white on ethnicity?

Its a great way to debate, but the majority will be dishonest

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:So this is what I am thinking might be a good fun thing to do whilst still debating a topic.

A topic will be chosen, for this example, we will choose  ‘Abortion - Right or wrong?’ and you will choose the side you DONT agree with and debate that side.  For me, I’d have to take the stance of being AGAINST abortion.

I think it will be a great way to stretch your debating skills and perhaps take yourself out of your comfort zone.

If you don’t want to choose a side or participate then you can play the role of ‘Judge’ and choose the most convincing post (it doesn’t even have to be a post from a side you agre with)

Let me know your thoughts here.


Pants

There is no side Eddie

As are you goingt to tellme I must choose between black and white on ethnicity?

Its a great way to debate, but the majority will be dishonest

No man, the idea is to take a topic, like say whether the moon landing was staged. Then you get two people who disagree on that topic to debate each other, with the twist being that they have to argue the side they don't actually believe.

_________________
"When I look into your eyes, your love is there for me
And the more I go inside, the more there is to see ...

Makes no difference where you are
or where you're meant to be"

- The Beatles
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28104
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Legal residence: Texas. Heart home: England

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:


Pants

There is no side Eddie

As are you goingt to tellme I must choose between black and white on ethnicity?

Its a great way to debate, but the majority will be dishonest

No man, the idea is to take a topic, like say whether the moon landing was staged. Then you get two people who disagree on that topic to debate each other, with the twist being that they have to argue the side they don't actually believe.


So basically just like every other forum?

Rolling Eyes

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:56 pm

@Ben

If you want to entice people to debate. You have to do so on what matters to them

You have to play onto the emotions of people. What they dislike and like. Hence your new gimmic will fail. You need to entice emotive people hee who care about what they believe in.. You have to think out of the box, not as you see yourself, but how others would.

Night

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Yes didge.
Make people feel emotions, you’re absolutely right.
Make people talk about what they dislike and like.

That already happens here, but we want to reverse it.
That’s what we are saying.

If you step out of your comfort zone you are thinking out of the box, which is what you just mentioned too.

So we are essentially saying the same thing.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:03 pm

eddie wrote:Yes didge.
Make people feel emotions, you’re absolutely right.  
Make people talk about what they dislike and like.

That already happens here, but we want to reverse it.
That’s what we are saying.

If you step out of your comfort zone you are thinking out of the box, which is what you just mentioned too.

So we are essentially saying the same thing.


Personally Eddie, its not the same thing at all and also, it will fail

That is my opinion

When you try to mold people to be yourself, you fail as a teacher.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Yes didge.
Make people feel emotions, you’re absolutely right.  
Make people talk about what they dislike and like.

That already happens here, but we want to reverse it.
That’s what we are saying.

If you step out of your comfort zone you are thinking out of the box, which is what you just mentioned too.

So we are essentially saying the same thing.


Personally Eddie, its not the same thing at all and also, it will fail

That is my opinion

When you try to mold people to be yourself, you fail as a teacher.

There’s no molding involved, dude. scratch

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Ben Reilly on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Didge, you obviously just want to fight tonight, so here's a juicy steak for you:

The Jews were the real Nazis.

_________________
"When I look into your eyes, your love is there for me
And the more I go inside, the more there is to see ...

Makes no difference where you are
or where you're meant to be"

- The Beatles
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 28104
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : Legal residence: Texas. Heart home: England

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Didge, you obviously just want to fight tonight, so here's a juicy steak for you:

The Jews were the real Nazis.


No I do not want to fight and it goes back to my point last night to Eddie

You do not like people challenging you, hence the idiocy of your reply

Why can you not accept that I disagree with you, because honestly, you sound like a radical religious fuckwit

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Didge, you obviously just want to fight tonight, so here's a juicy steak for you:

The Jews were the real Nazis.


No I do not want to fight and it goes back to my point last night to Eddie

You do not like people challenging you, hence the idiocy of your reply

Why can you not accept that I disagree with you, because honestly, you sound like a radical religious fuckwit


You’re the one going around disagreeing with everyone tonight, didge.
Look at my thread in recreation.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:


No I do not want to fight and it goes back to my point last night to Eddie

You do not like people challenging you, hence the idiocy of your reply

Why can you not accept that I disagree with you, because honestly, you sound like a radical religious fuckwit


You’re the one going around disagreeing with everyone tonight, didge.
Look at my thread in recreation.


So you are saying I have to bow down to your opinions then?

Seriously, what the fuck?

The point was, Ben, was talking bollocks and I called him out on this and he failed to answer

Now, of course you will defend him, I understand that. But he is a big boy and can answer for himself

In your own time Ben

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:48 pm

I mean Eddie, Ben tries to play my game at goading people to debate.

He uses emotive thinking, saying

"The Jews were the real Nazis."

Its not only idioctic, but not worthy of an inteliigent response. He did it to goad only.

Hence pathetic.

I mean he thinks I care about identity politics

I dont

I care that the Jews, have a historical home, being as they have been persecuted in so many nations and times in history.

Ben being the left wheel that he is, thinks he can get to me

Wrong. He is like a child and has no idea. If he wanted to get to me, he would get at my family.


Last edited by Didge on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:48 pm

What was the question? I don’t see one.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 pm

eddie wrote:What was the question? I don’t see one.

Ask Ben, he never provided one

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Didge wrote:

I care that the Jews, have a historical home, being as they have been persecuted in so many nations and times in history.



hey didge

i think the point of the idea is that you would then argue from the point of saying the Jews should not have a historical home (persecuted or not). perhaps argue from the point of Palastinians instead.

It's an exercise in putting yourself in the other persons shoes, I suppose

It's a great idea but normally I can see different sides of an argument anyway

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:29 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

I care that the Jews, have a historical home, being as they have been persecuted in so many nations and times in history.



hey didge

i think the point of the idea is that you would then argue from the point of saying the Jews should not have a historical home (persecuted or not).   perhaps argue from the point of Palastinians instead.  

It's an exercise in putting yourself in the other persons shoes, I suppose

It's a great idea but normally I can see different sides of an argument anyway


I think I love you.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:31 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

I care that the Jews, have a historical home, being as they have been persecuted in so many nations and times in history.



hey didge

i think the point of the idea is that you would then argue from the point of saying the Jews should not have a historical home (persecuted or not).   perhaps argue from the point of Palastinians instead.  

It's an exercise in putting yourself in the other persons shoes, I suppose

It's a great idea but normally I can see different sides of an argument anyway

Well I would have to lie Gelico, being as there is no Arab Palestinian state  ever or people, before 1964

So is the point to argue from a position of lying on that issue?

Fuck that and why there is a problem with such leftist idocy

It wants to factor in lies

The reality is, just as the Europeans colonized the Americas, so did the Arabs with the Middle East and North Africa, th#rough Arabization

I mean to even answer Ben's question, would mean edcuatiting him on what Nazism was and its psudeo scientific racist beliefs. It was not even worth a response, as it was utterly stupid.

Of course and I know why Ben would invoke that, because he thinks the land was not colonized by the Arabs and that they are indegenious. It shows he is clueless on history

So what is the point. Him and Quill are both two spare wheels, indoctrinated with Marxist bollocks, where they lie and basically worship such bullshit. I see ity constantly with Quill in how he lies. Ben is the same and cannot think politically for himself. Thankfully he can in love.

The pair of them would shit a brick if trump pulled off peace in North Korea. They neither care about peace there. They are like previous haters of Obama. Its all about hate to them. Its nothing about positivity. They only want to see people fail, even at the cost of peace

That makes them empathatically twats

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:47 pm

I love the idea of a more concentrated debate like this, the only drawback I can see is if the debate is one against one with a devils advocate or judge sat in the middle, wont that isolate the other posters who may want to chip in?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:55 pm

Syl wrote:I love the idea of a more concentrated debate like this, the only drawback I can see is if the debate is one against one with a devils advocate or judge sat in the middle, wont that isolate the other posters who may want to chip in?

Exactly and who then is going to arbitrate?

The mods here like anyone are limited on knowledge

I can argue and have argued from the oppoistion view I hold. I have done it may times and why many people struggle to know what I truley believe in.

The point is this. It is a great idea, but nobody can arbitrate on who is right and it would be the same as any other debate. Its also very insulting to think that people do not see the other side of the argument. Its sooooo rude considering I have once been Catholic, Tory and now I am neither.

Being able to see the other side of the debate is important and we should question everything, and back this up with evidence. I mean I once defended Islam on forums for years and came to the conclusion, i was a hypocrite, being as a I was Athiest. All religious beliefs are poor and I saw, that it was a lie to defend one and mock the rest. When I should mock them all. I was sadly infested with leftist drivel.

Thankfully, now I am cured.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:I love the idea of a more concentrated debate like this, the only drawback I can see is if the debate is one against one with a devils advocate or judge sat in the middle, wont that isolate the other posters who may want to chip in?

Exactly and who then is going to arbitrate?

The mods here like anyone are limited on knowledge

I can argue and have argued from the oppoistion view I hold. I have done it may times and why many people struggle to know what I truley believe in.

The point is this. It is a great idea, but nobody can arbitrate on who is right and it would be the same as any other debate. Its also very insulting to think that people do not see the other side of the argument. Its sooooo rude considering I have once been Catholic, Tory and now I am neither.

Being able to see the other side of the debate is important and we should question everything, and back this up with evidence. I mean I once defended Islam on forums for years and came to the conclusion, i was a hypocrite, being as a I was Athiest. All religious beliefs are poor and I saw, that it was a lie to defend one and mock the rest. When I should mock them all. I was sadly infested with leftist drivel.

Thankfully, now I am cured.

It wouldn't have to be a mod who arbitrated...maybe people with an interest in whatever subject was up for debate could volunteer, and the forum could vote for who they wanted to see fit that role.

And yes its often good to see both sides of an argument sometimes, but if someone firmly believes in a right way or a wrong way, like on abortion, the death penalty, politics and so on ...many subjects could be discussed and debated.

Didge, its a good idea to bring new things onto the forum....can you think of anything?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Exactly and who then is going to arbitrate?

The mods here like anyone are limited on knowledge

I can argue and have argued from the oppoistion view I hold. I have done it may times and why many people struggle to know what I truley believe in.

The point is this. It is a great idea, but nobody can arbitrate on who is right and it would be the same as any other debate. Its also very insulting to think that people do not see the other side of the argument. Its sooooo rude considering I have once been Catholic, Tory and now I am neither.

Being able to see the other side of the debate is important and we should question everything, and back this up with evidence. I mean I once defended Islam on forums for years and came to the conclusion, i was a hypocrite, being as a I was Athiest. All religious beliefs are poor and I saw, that it was a lie to defend one and mock the rest. When I should mock them all. I was sadly infested with leftist drivel.

Thankfully, now I am cured.

It wouldn't have to be a mod who arbitrated...maybe people with an interest in whatever subject was up for debate could volunteer, and the forum could vote for who they wanted to see fit that role.

And yes its often good to see both sides of an argument sometimes, but if someone firmly believes in a right way or a wrong way, like on abortion, the death penalty, politics and so on ...many subjects could be discussed and debated.

Didge, its a good idea to bring new things onto the forum....can you think of anything?

So again who can decide who is right or wrong on an opinion?

Nobody can, all people can do is reason their views

So its a ridiculous idea and more so for me, when I have been doing it for years. Hence why nobody knows truley my real views and I doubt they ever will. It shows I often always read both sides of the argument

So what people believe will be what they believe, as they cannot do what I do.

Challenge my own beliefs, question them and look to see, if I could be wrong

I do this constantly

Its called the outsider test

Looking at what you believe in skeptically, as you do on everthing else.

Considering I have been the only one that has ever done this and you have seen me do this to you in debates, shows it will have zero effect on people in debate.

Only first hand experince does effect and change people.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Yes but Didge, no matter how cleverly you think you may debate a topic, most people have views on certain subjects that no amount of debate will change.

You may think you are 100% right....they may think they are....if one person changes their veiws that could be because one debater has reasoned well and skilfully.....and the other debater has an open mind.

However,as will probably be the case, if no one changes their minds that's OK too...we cant all think alike and in any case most subjects are not simply black and white.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Syl wrote:Yes but Didge, no matter how cleverly you think you may debate a topic, most people have views on certain subjects that no amount of debate will change.

You may think you are 100% right....they may think they are....if one person changes their veiws that could be because one debater has reasoned well and skilfully.....and the other debater has an open mind.

However,as will probably be the case,  if no one changes their minds that's OK too...we cant all think alike and in any case most subjects are not simply black and white.

Here we go again and shows how well I am good at this. If people do not know my true views, how then can you then think, I then think am 100% right on something?

All it means is that I dogmatic in my arguments, but you have no idea, whether that is what I believe 100%.

You see your failing here thinking that?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:Yes but Didge, no matter how cleverly you think you may debate a topic, most people have views on certain subjects that no amount of debate will change.

You may think you are 100% right....they may think they are....if one person changes their veiws that could be because one debater has reasoned well and skilfully.....and the other debater has an open mind.

However,as will probably be the case,  if no one changes their minds that's OK too...we cant all think alike and in any case most subjects are not simply black and white.

Here we go again and shows how well I am good at this. If people do not know my true views, how then can you then think, I then think am 100% right on something?

All it means is that I dogmatic in my arguments, but you have no idea, whether that is what I believe 100%.

You see your failing here thinking that?

No I don't see any failing on my part.
Speaking generally, In debate a person shouldn't always be trying to score points and win people over to their way of thinking....its not necessary, the joy is in airing their own views and having someone else listen...preferably without hurling insults because the other person sees a different pov.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Here we go again and shows how well I am good at this. If people do not know my true views, how then can you then think, I then think am 100% right on something?

All it means is that I dogmatic in my arguments, but you have no idea, whether that is what I believe 100%.

You see your failing here thinking that?

No I don't see any failing on my part.
Speaking generally, In debate a person shouldn't  always be trying to score points and win people over to their way of thinking....its not necessary, the joy is in airing their own views and having someone else listen...preferably without hurling insults because the other person sees a different pov.


If you have no idea what I do believe in, how then could I then be scoring points or winning someone over to my views?

Seriously

Your whole answer was subjective and based again on what you believe should be debate, claiming how it can be joyful. That may well be in your case, but is it for me or anyone else?

You see how ridiculous your point was Syl?

You are thinking your view, is also based on others, when its simple your view

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:42 pm

I was speaking generally Didge.

OK, if people didn't enjoy a good old debate why are they on a debating forum?

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Syl wrote:I was speaking generally Didge.

OK, if people didn't enjoy a good old debate why are they on a debating forum?



Where did I claim people did not enjoy a debate?

Never did

The reality is all posters on here, are outspoken people. Some more than others. This provides an avenue for people to air their views.

Let off steam as they say.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:I was speaking generally Didge.

OK, if people didn't enjoy a good old debate why are they on a debating forum?



Where did I claim people did not enjoy a debate?

Never did

The reality is all posters on here, are outspoken people. Some more than others. This provides an avenue for people to air their views.

Let off steam as they say.

You just said in answer...."Your whole answer was subjective and based again on what you believe should be debate, claiming how it can be joyful. That may well be in your case, but is it for me or anyone else?"

So we agree people are here because they enjoy debate? Cool

Yes most people are outspoken on forums, some more than others....but whereas some like a good old argument (and I count myself as one who does) some just quietly say their piece and leave it at that.

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:



Where did I claim people did not enjoy a debate?

Never did

The reality is all posters on here, are outspoken people. Some more than others. This provides an avenue for people to air their views.

Let off steam as they say.

You just said...."Your whole answer was subjective and based again on what you believe should be debate, claiming how it can be joyful. That may well be in your case, but is it for me or anyone else?"

So we agree people are here because they enjoy debate? Cool

Yes most people are outspoken on forums, some more than others....but whereas some like a good old argument (and I count myself as one who does) some just quietly say their piece and leave it at that.


Of course they are here to enjoy debate Syl.

I think many also thrive on arguments and get a kick out of this

I mean I goad Ben loads at times and he hardly reacts, so fair play to him. He either bottles this up well or is easily able to simple see my views as insiginificant. If the later, I hold my hat off to him.

The reality is, everyone loves to argue, as we are all able to let off steam and vented frustration in our real lives. We know its not going to have any real effect as it may do, with people we are close to and love. Hence its a great place to let off steam. MY issue is, I have no level and do this in real life also.   Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Debate and arguments are good, how boring life would be if we all agreed.

I wouldn't say anything on a forum that I wouldn't say face to face in real life though....and that's where many forum arguments get out of hand imo.

As soon as the insults start flying...the argument is finished and just turns into a childish name calling fest.

Anyway Didge, thanks for the chat, am off for the night.
Have a good rest and take care...sleep well. x

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:14 pm

Syl wrote:Debate and arguments are good, how boring life would be if we all agreed.

I wouldn't say anything on a forum that I wouldn't say face to face in real life though....and that's where many forum arguments get out of hand imo.

As soon as the insults start flying...the argument is finished and just turns into a childish name calling fest.

Anyway Didge, thanks for the chat, am off for the night.
Have a good rest and take care...sleep well. x


Thanks Syl

Hope you take care and rest you back and are better soon

x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Syl wrote:I love the idea of a more concentrated debate like this, the only drawback I can see is if the debate is one against one with a devils advocate or judge sat in the middle, wont that isolate the other posters who may want to chip in?


I’ll tell you exactly WHY some people will shy away from it:

*They don’t actually like a challenge - they prefer to lazily stick to what they’ve last learned

*They are worried what other posters will think of them if they make too good a case...yeah, think about it!

*They actually don’t want to learn about the “other side” in case they learn something they can’t / won’t / don’t want to, admit.

*Most people hate stepping out of their comfort zone.


I absolutely could almost predict who was going to say no and who was going to see this as a creative challenge.

Okay, so we know didge won’t be participating (no offence didge but you don’t need to add a great big long post again, about why you don’t like the idea, we take your many posts as a no)

Gels and Syl, not sure where you both stand.

Anyone else want to say yes or no? It’s an idea we’ve been throwing about that appeals to us. Ben and I love this idea of challenging our opposite sides - anyone else?



_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Syl on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:36 pm

I say try it....nothing ventured nothing gained.

Off out for the day, been holed up with my back for 2 days and I hate not going out, so we are off for a fathers day lunch with family....laters. x

_________________
Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters.

Syl

Posts : 19566
Join date : 2015-11-12
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I love the idea of a more concentrated debate like this, the only drawback I can see is if the debate is one against one with a devils advocate or judge sat in the middle, wont that isolate the other posters who may want to chip in?


I’ll tell you exactly WHY some people will shy away from it:

*They don’t actually like a challenge - they prefer to lazily stick to what they’ve last learned

*They are worried what other posters will think of them if they make too good a case...yeah, think about it!

*They actually don’t want to learn about the “other side”  in case they learn something they can’t / won’t / don’t want to, admit.

*Most people hate stepping out of their comfort zone.


I absolutely could almost predict who was going to say no and who was going to see this as a creative challenge.

Okay, so we know didge won’t be participating (no offence didge but you don’t need to add a great big long post again, about why you don’t like the idea, we take your many posts as a no)

Gels and Syl, not sure where you both stand.

Anyone else want to say yes or no?  It’s an idea we’ve been throwing about that appeals to us. Ben and I love this idea of challenging our opposite sides - anyone else?




I see my points went way over your head as per usual

I have already been doing this, for years, arguing from points, I do not support

Hey ho

I have done it many times, simple to entice people to debate. It has worked well so ffar, manily because of how I can be stubborn to a point

You really can be quite insulting in the way you think how people reason, espcially as it does take looking at the oppsoing views on anything to actually fully understand something

Its why I have always applied the outsider test. Hence why I ended up becoming an athiest.

So please do not patronize people in what they come to learn and reason. As its certainly far removed from how you learn and come to understand somethink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 pm

Yes okay didge. Thanks for your input.
Let’s see what others say.

_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:15 pm

eddie wrote:Yes okay didge. Thanks for your input.
Let’s see what others say.

No worries. Is that why you have shied away from my challenge, where you believe that a god exists and I do not and yet I would argue that one does?

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t24610-eddie-is-going-to-need-to-put-your-money-where-her-mouth-is#466955

Is it because of the reasons you made?

eddie wrote:*They don’t actually like a challenge - they prefer to lazily stick to what they’ve last learned

*They are worried what other posters will think of them if they make too good a case...yeah, think about it!

*They actually don’t want to learn about the “other side”  in case they learn something they can’t / won’t / don’t want to, admit.

*Most people hate stepping out of their comfort zone.

Kind of making yourself look silly here Eddie

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I love the idea of a more concentrated debate like this, the only drawback I can see is if the debate is one against one with a devils advocate or judge sat in the middle, wont that isolate the other posters who may want to chip in?


I’ll tell you exactly WHY some people will shy away from it:

*They don’t actually like a challenge - they prefer to lazily stick to what they’ve last learned

*They are worried what other posters will think of them if they make too good a case...yeah, think about it!

*They actually don’t want to learn about the “other side”  in case they learn something they can’t / won’t / don’t want to, admit.

*Most people hate stepping out of their comfort zone.


I absolutely could almost predict who was going to say no and who was going to see this as a creative challenge.

Okay, so we know didge won’t be participating (no offence didge but you don’t need to add a great big long post again, about why you don’t like the idea, we take your many posts as a no)

Gels and Syl, not sure where you both stand.

Anyone else want to say yes or no?  It’s an idea we’ve been throwing about that appeals to us. Ben and I love this idea of challenging our opposite sides - anyone else?




i already said it was a good idea. It will definitely challenge peoples attitudes.

It's like newspapers. you can have a left wing media article on an event and also read a different atricle on the same event written by a right winger and you would think it's two different things.

the abortion situation is a good topic.

but like i said i can always see at least two sides to every argument anyway

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:


I’ll tell you exactly WHY some people will shy away from it:

*They don’t actually like a challenge - they prefer to lazily stick to what they’ve last learned

*They are worried what other posters will think of them if they make too good a case...yeah, think about it!

*They actually don’t want to learn about the “other side”  in case they learn something they can’t / won’t / don’t want to, admit.

*Most people hate stepping out of their comfort zone.


I absolutely could almost predict who was going to say no and who was going to see this as a creative challenge.

Okay, so we know didge won’t be participating (no offence didge but you don’t need to add a great big long post again, about why you don’t like the idea, we take your many posts as a no)

Gels and Syl, not sure where you both stand.

Anyone else want to say yes or no?  It’s an idea we’ve been throwing about that appeals to us. Ben and I love this idea of challenging our opposite sides - anyone else?





I have already been doing this, for years, arguing from points, I do not support

I have done it many times, simple to entice people to debate. It has worked well so ffar, manily because of how I can be stubborn to a point



yeah, but didge No one knows that that's what you're doing because you don't mention that at the time of debate which is why some folks say you would argue with your own shadow. If you're not actually letting people know that you're playing devils's advocate then it just seems like you're spinning in circles and don't really know what you believe in.

you say to entice people to debate but others may see it as goading into a pointless argument.

this is a definite exercise where people actually know that the other person is taking on an opposing side other than the one they actually agree with.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Thank you gels, like me, you see both sides usually.
I stick by my mantra that I believe in nothing 100%.

I’ll wait to see if any other posters like the idea and we can go from there.


_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by eddie on Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Thank you gels, like me, you see both sides usually.
I stick by my mantra that I believe in nothing 100%.

I’ll wait to see if any other posters like the idea and we can go from there.


_________________
”The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.“
~ Edgar Allan Poe
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 40002
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 49
Location : England

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Andy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:31 pm

You could start by getting existing threads actually debated instead of allowing dotards like Tommy and Nicko simply yawning.

If they don't want to debate , just ignore.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6215
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 63
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by nicko on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:28 pm

When you start posting interesting points, instead of whinging about Flap or the Tories all the while, you might get some replies. Have you noticed your whinging posts are mostly ignored ?
nicko
nicko

Posts : 12839
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 79
Location : rainbow bridge

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Andy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Only because the far right on here, and the mods have driven sensible and decent left wing posters from here to another place.
And Eddie and Ben want more posts?
You might want to look back on your own infantile contributions, children of nursery age are more eloquent.

There are some simply remedies to get more people..

And yawning is not one of them.

The only other person debating here now is Didge , and he blindly hates Corbyn for simply living.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6215
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 63
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Andy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Narcoleptic Nicko. Has a certain ring to it.
His snoring is more interesting than his posts.

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6215
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 63
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

New idea for the forum  Empty Re: New idea for the forum

Post by Andy on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Oh boy, you are a valuable contributor.

 bet no one comes !

by nickoViews: 124

A GOOD TIME TO HIDE BAD NEWS.     
Yawn Yawn Yawn     

by nickoViews: 124

NEW IDEA FOR THE FORUMWhen you start posting interesting points, instead of whinging about Flap or the Tories all the while, you might get some replies. Have you noticed your whinging posts are mostly ignored ?

by nickoViews: 320

SAJID JAVID IS IMPRESSING MEStupid or illiterate ? Most if your posts show your one or both. always rabbiting on about how nasty the Tories are, with never a mention of the Labour party's dirty deeds ! how about Corbyns relations with the IRA, there's plenty of photo's of him with his arms around Ira murderers. Or Keith Vaz with rent boys snorting Cocaine, or the many other Labour Mp's caught out doing things they out to be jailed for?

by nickoSajid Javid is impressing meViews: 124

A TANGLED WEB OF LIES, DECEIPT AND CORRUPTION.Oh god, what a whining fucking misery guts you are.
Post something amusing for Gods sake.

by nickoViews: 124

A GOOD TIME TO HIDE BAD NEWS. 

by nickoViews: 124

SAJID JAVID IS IMPRESSING MEYawn------again !

by nickoSajid Javid is impressing meViews: 124

HAVE YOU EVER....Years ago I spent many nights lying on floor by the side of the settee, a sneeze was enough to cripple me with intense pain.I had to roll off the settee on to the floor where my Wife would bring Blankets to keep me warm over night. Had an OP eventually to remove spurs of bone from my spine that were pressing on nerves.Still have a prolapsed disc that gives me pain. My sympathy to anyone who has back problems !

by nickoHave you ever....Views: 137

ANOTHER WARPED TORY MPApparently he has objected to a lot more bills under consideration, he should be made to give his reasons for his objections, if he wont, sack him !

by nickoViews: 124

THE TRUMP FOUNDATION JUST GOT SUED.He,s not my hero you dumb prat, unlike Corbin is to you !just shut the fuck up with your socialist shit, your a brainwashed zombie, I bet you worship Corbyn, do you have a little shrine somewhere ?

by nickoViews: 86

WHY IS IT SO QUIET ON HERE LATELY?Bullshit, Your the biggest moaner on the forum, you need to lighten up and stop reading the Daily Worker !

by nickoViews: 336

THE TRUMP FOUNDATION JUST GOT SUED.

by nickoViews: 86

WHY IS IT SO QUIET ON HERE LATELY?All his posts are the same, criticise the Tories and don't admit Labour are unelectable with the prat that leads them !

by nickoViews: 336

LBCAndy, total bullshit !

by nickoViews: 112

TRUMP RIPS UP THESE LEGAL DOCUMENTS THAT STAFFERS ARE FORCED TO TAPE BACK TOGETHERVeya, do you not think face to face meetings are at least a start ?

by nickoViews: 163

WHAT IS THIS??My Cat stalks them, and then smacks them with a Paw !

by nickoViews: 316

TRUMP RIPS UP THESE LEGAL DOCUMENTS THAT STAFFERS ARE FORCED TO TAPE BACK TOGETHERSorry but it s0unds like sour grapes to me, at least he got him to the table witch is more than any other President did ! You have to give him credit for that don't you ? As for how it turns out I'll keep my fingers crossed, as should all the other critics .

by nickoViews: 163

WHAT IS THIS??PS, Ants have feelings too !

by nickoViews: 316

WHAT IS THIS??Bastard should be fined for cruelty to animals, 

BURNT TO DEATH WITH HOT METAL !

by nickoViews: 316

THIS REALLY BEGGARS BELIEF - CANADA'S 'ADVENTURE GAP': WHY IT DOESN'T MAKES SENSE FOR THE GREAT OUTDOORS TO BE SUCH A WHITE SPACEI have never seen a Black person Fishing or Shooting , [not the Gangster type] Clays or Vermin !

by nickoThis Really Beggars belief - Canada's 'adventure gap': Why it doesn't makes sense for the great outdoors to be such a white spaceViews: 389

MILLENNIALS ARE BRANDED ‘AGEIST’ AS REPORT REVEALS A QUARTER OF GENERATION BELIEVE DEPRESSION IS ‘NORMAL’ AND DEMENTIA ‘INEVITABLE’ FOR OLDER PEOPLEThat just includes Veya 

by nickoMillennials are branded ‘ageist’ as report reveals a quarter of generation believe depression is ‘normal’ and dementia ‘inevitable’ for older peopleViews: 136

TRUMP RIPS UP THESE LEGAL DOCUMENTS THAT STAFFERS ARE FORCED TO TAPE BACK TOGETHEREveryone who has dumped on Donald here, are you prepared to swallow a spoonful of humiliation ?

The only President to bring North Korea to the negotiation table for 60 years. [still don't like him but you have to give him credit]

by nickoViews: 163

MILLENNIALS ARE BRANDED ‘AGEIST’ AS REPORT REVEALS A QUARTER OF GENERATION BELIEVE DEPRESSION IS ‘NORMAL’ AND DEMENTIA ‘INEVITABLE’ FOR OLDER PEOPLE

by nickoMillennials are branded ‘ageist’ as report reveals a quarter of generation believe depression is ‘normal’ and dementia ‘inevitable’ for older peopleViews: 136

DONALD TRUMP VENT THREADThe "Donald" in line for Nobel peace prize ??

by nickoDonald Trump Vent ThreadViews: 10455

SNOWFLAKE ALERT - PUPILS ARE BEING REDUCED TO TEARS BY THE TOUGH NEW GCSE AND A-LEVEL PAPERS AS YOUTUBE STAR JADE BOWLER, 18, RECORDS HERSELF SOBBING AFTER A GRUELLING BIOLOGY EXAM+1.

by nickoSnowflake Alert - Pupils are being reduced to tears by the tough new GCSE and A-level papers as YouTube star Jade Bowler, 18, records herself sobbing after a gruelling biology examViews: 168

CHRISTIANITY EXPLAINED WELLMakes sense !

by nickoViews: 103

PAUL DACRE RESIGNS!I'll believe that when I see it !

by nickoViews: 254

ON POWER AND RUSSIA -- USE IT OR LOSE ITQuill, I saw that statement on the back of a Grunt, unfortunately it wasn't true, he was dead !

by nickoViews: 149

MILLENNIALS ARE BRANDED ‘AGEIST’ AS REPORT REVEALS A QUARTER OF GENERATION BELIEVE DEPRESSION IS ‘NORMAL’ AND DEMENTIA ‘INEVITABLE’ FOR OLDER PEOPLEHave a word with Veya, he knows all about us old ones 

by nickoMillennials are branded ‘ageist’ as report reveals a quarter of generation believe depression is ‘normal’ and dementia ‘inevitable’ for older peopleViews: 136

MILLENNIALS ARE BRANDED ‘AGEIST’ AS REPORT REVEALS A QUARTER OF GENERATION BELIEVE DEPRESSION IS ‘NORMAL’ AND DEMENTIA ‘INEVITABLE’ FOR OLDER PEOPLEHave a word with Veya, he knows all about us oldens 

by

_________________
I have never met a caring sharing and compassionate Tory.
Tories and far right wingers. All liars and only it it for themselves.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Posts : 6215
Join date : 2013-12-14
Age : 63
Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum