Former teenage terrorist now fighting extremism

Go down

Former teenage terrorist now fighting extremism Empty Former teenage terrorist now fighting extremism

Post by Ben Reilly on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 am

The moment he was slammed against a wall by an FBI agent on the doorstep of his parents’ home and taken away in handcuffs, the distorted world Mohammed Khalid had constructed for himself came crashing down.

He was about to become notorious as the youngest person ever to be prosecuted for terrorism offences in the US and would be sentenced to five years in prison for his part in an online jihadist plot to kill an artist from Sweden who had drawn the head of the prophet Muhammad on the body of a dog.

He was only 15 years old when the criminal activity began, after a rapid descent into extremism. It started with him on the receiving end of high school bullying and led swiftly from watching YouTube videos about Islam, to becoming groomed, and drawn into an ill-formed conspiracy, hatched inside a jihadist chatroom.

Now, after almost six years in prison and immigration detention, Khalid is out, and beginning what he sees as a lifelong effort to make amends for what went wrong in his life as he tries to become “a wholesome person”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/03/mohammed-khalid-america-youngest-terrorist-interview

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Former teenage terrorist now fighting extremism Empty Re: Former teenage terrorist now fighting extremism

Post by Tommy Monk on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:11 pm

All I see is... convicted islamist terrorist, a load of excuses waffle...

And... nothing about any 'fighting extremism' in the OP quote from article...!

So... 'fighting extremism'... how exactly...!?

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Former teenage terrorist now fighting extremism Empty Re: Former teenage terrorist now fighting extremism

Post by eddie on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:48 pm

Tommy. Can I ask you a question? Do you disbelieve this story because;

A) you distrust the media and think they’re trying to make us like Muslims (or other, please state)?
B) you think that there’s no possibility that a Muslim can become good after being bad?
C) no Muslim could ever go good?
D) anything I’ve missed off the list.

Please don’t waffle me. I’m so tired of waffle. Just be real.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 am

Tell me how this convicted islamist terrorist is 'fighting extremism' first, as is claimed in thread title...?

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:16 am

I don’t know. I’m not the one doubting it and I’m not even saying I totally believe it either because I haven’t delved into it and investigated.
I wasn’t the one who made the claim is wasn’t real, you was.
So I asked you a question.
Which you didn’t answer.
And I don’t know why you didn’t answer because I would have had it been me.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:04 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

All I see is... convicted islamist terrorist, a load of excuses waffle...

And... nothing about any 'fighting extremism' in the OP quote from article...!

So... 'fighting extremism'... how exactly...!?

Read the damn link.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:08 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Tell me how this convicted islamist terrorist is 'fighting extremism' first, as is claimed in thread title...?

"With the Quilliam Foundation counter-extremism organisation, he is publishing a long personal account of what made him an extremist and how the kindness of juvenile detention staff led him to be deradicalised behind bars, and sets out his hopes that in telling his own story he can help others resist what he describes as “the charismatic appeal of online extremists and terrorist groups”."

You're SO dumb. SO full of hate. SO misguided. You've wasted SO much energy on bullshit.

All I did was click a fucking link and read. You could have done the same. But your mind so fucked over, you can't even do that simple task. Ask yourself if this is really what you want. You're going off the deep end, I've been noticing it for a while.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:20 am

@ben
Tommy wants to vote for Hill shepherd shit not reality Cool Cool Cool Cool
he is the same as the kid in the OP BEFORE the kid in the OP was deradicalised.

so are heaps of 'patriots' wether you believe your 'god' or 'country' can do no wrong is in consequential to the outcome.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:11 am

veya_victaous wrote:@ben
Tommy wants to vote for Hill shepherd shit not reality Cool Cool Cool Cool
he is the same as the kid in the OP BEFORE the kid in the OP was deradicalised.

so are heaps of 'patriots' wether you believe your 'god' or 'country' can do no wrong is in consequential to the outcome.  

That is so true. Have a greenie.

- Ryan Adams
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:12 pm

All I did here was read the thread title & read the OP... then I posted a quick summary of my interpretation of what I'd read here... and I merely asked just one simple, straight forward and pertinent question...

Which was...

"Tell me how this convicted islamist terrorist is 'fighting extremism' as is claimed in thread title...?"

And just look at the hostility and abuse and accusations that have been thrown at me...!!!

Along with some wishy washy guff about the promotion of some contrived 'quilliam' backed Jackanory story of waffle... as a lame attempt at an answer to my question!!!

Most amusing!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

All I did here was read the thread title & read the OP... then I posted a quick summary of my interpretation of what I'd read here... and I merely asked just one simple, straight forward and pertinent question...

Which was...

"Tell me how this convicted islamist terrorist is 'fighting extremism' as is claimed in thread title...?"

And just look at the hostility and abuse and accusations that have been thrown at me...!!!

Along with some wishy washy guff about the promotion of some contrived 'quilliam' backed Jackanory story of waffle... as a lame attempt at an answer to my question!!!

Most amusing!!!

lol!

Not me:

eddie said:

A) you distrust the media and think they’re trying to make us like Muslims (or other, please state)?
B) you think that there’s no possibility that a Muslim can become good after being bad?
D) anything I’ve missed off the list.

Please don’t waffle me. I’m so tired of waffle. Just be real.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 pm

I merely asked for further explanation and clarification of the claim made in thread title/OP...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:16 pm

And I asked you a question and you didn’t answer, so why would anyone answer you, anyway?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:37 pm

I asked a question first...

And you later asked me 'why I disbelieved the story?'... which I hadn't said that I disbelieved... so impossible for me to answer...!

All I could do was reiterate my question...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:41 pm

Yes that all makes sense, but you’re doing that thing what people do when they can’t or won’t, answer a question. You’re being evasive.
And that’s kinda sneaky.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:57 pm

I'm not being 'evasive'... just trying to get some explanation of the claim of 'fighting extremism' that was made in OP...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I'm not being 'evasive'... just trying to get some explanation of the claim of 'fighting extremism' that was made in OP...

Yes, I know what you’re asking but I cannot answer you, otherwise I would.
Yet....it still doesn’t retract from the fact that you didn’t answer me, but really, your lack of answering me is an answer in, and all by, itself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:51 pm

I think I meant “detract” not “retract”
I don’t know, I’m insanely tired and you know what I mean anyway.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:44 am

Oh ffs Eddie...

Ok...

D) anything else I've missed off the list...

Firstly... and as I've repeatedly said... I never said I disbelieved the story... I asked for explanation of the claim made... so I could then establish the facts, and then decide myself as to my opinion on what was being presented to me...

Although I freely admit to being a little bit skeptical of a lot of things I read/hear... and I think that it is a good thing to have a healthy level of skepticism about things... otherwise one would be in danger of being gullible and foolish...

A) That includes the media who are well known to waffle and mislead...

B) That is for them to demonstrate in their actions... as it is for any bad person to have to prove themselves to others that they have become good...

C) I think that most people of all the various races/religions in the world are good people at heart... and I have always seen this in life... where ever I've been in the world and who ever I've been in the company of...

I've been around a lot Eddie... and I've mixed with all different types of people... and on so many different levels... and have always got on well with everyone everywhere I've been...

I've met plenty of wronguns over the years... and got on well with them too... although I have disapproved of some of the things they may have been up to... I have also seen most have a kind hearted nature in other ways... so I have seen 'bad' do good, many times...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Thank you and I agree with pretty much everything you said. You do questions things, as I do and I like that.

It does makes us unpopular though.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 pm

There is a passage in the Quran, and I think Didge will agree with me that states something like this-------A Muslim may lie to the infidel if it benefits Islam.
nicko
nicko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:24 pm

nicko wrote:There is a passage in the Quran,    and I think Didge will agree with me that states something like this-------A Muslim may lie to the infidel if it benefits Islam.

The passage is this Nicko

Sura 3:28:

Let not the believers take the unbelievers for protectors rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully (illā an tattaqū minhum tuqāt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya#Quranic_basis

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Classic bit of 'kitman' and 'tawriya' there from dodgy didge...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Classic bit of 'kitman' and 'tawriya' there from dodgy didge...!!!

lol!

You have me at a loss

Nicko asked me I agreed and see the point where he is coming from, but the Quranic verse is different, to how then this concept is formed. This concept is used by many schools of Islam, hence I get the point Nicko is making

No idea what point you are making

Back to top Go down