Woman who walked free from court after making false rape claims against THREE men - including one who was on holiday at the time of 'attack' - is now jailed for four years on appeal

Go down

Woman who walked free from court after making false rape claims against THREE men - including one who was on holiday at the time of 'attack' - is now jailed for four years on appeal

Post by Guest on Thu May 24, 2018 6:15 am

[*]Anna Costin, 30, given 3 years community service at Shrewsbury Crown Court
[*]Three men were accused of raping her and another of physically attacking her
[*]But her cases fell apart when several victims had 'cast iron' alibis against her
[*]She admitted perverting the course of justice in March but sentence 'too lenient'
[*]Lady Justice Hallett said Judge Peter Barrie thought more of her than victims

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5762475/Woman-false-rape-claims-against-THREE-men-jailed-four-years-appeal.html#ixzz5GORTYTVY 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Re: Woman who walked free from court after making false rape claims against THREE men - including one who was on holiday at the time of 'attack' - is now jailed for four years on appeal

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 24, 2018 10:13 am

That's good news. It's about time these false allegations are taken seriously, and the impact on the victims were taken into account.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Woman who walked free from court after making false rape claims against THREE men - including one who was on holiday at the time of 'attack' - is now jailed for four years on appeal

Post by Lord Foul on Thu May 24, 2018 10:24 am

pffft 4 years ...out in two...

she should have got the maximum possible sentence her victims could potentially have had

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude

[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 24, 2018 10:31 am

Lord Foul wrote:pffft 4 years ...out in two...

she should have got the maximum possible sentence her victims could potentially have had

Yes, it's still lenient, but at least she's doing time.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by magica on Thu May 24, 2018 1:21 pm

She should've got at least ten years, for lying, ruining the poor men's lives and for wasting police time.
magica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Thu May 24, 2018 1:32 pm

I agree the sentence is too lenient.
False rape claims ruin lives, she has done this three times....she has got just over a year for each time she accused a man of raping her, she will serve a few measly months for each crime.

Equality works both ways.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin on Thu May 24, 2018 8:26 pm

I'm fed up of hearing about people with mental health problems hurting others in this manner. I'm glad it didn't go in her favour.

Raggamuffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 pm

magica wrote:She should've got at least ten years, for lying, ruining the poor men's lives and for wasting police time.

I agree Mags, but at least she is doing time as Raggs said and hopefully that will send a message to any other woman tempted to do the same thing

it's a sickening devastating thing to do

gelico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down