Negotiations with N. Korea already failing

Go down

Negotiations with N. Korea already failing

Post by Original Quill on Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Trump, the self-declared grand negotiator, is failing before he gets started.  After everything appeared all nicey-nice--Rocketman gave the captured Americans back, pussy-grabber generously kissed his ass, meetings were set up for 12 June in Singapore.  

Unfortunately, North Korea has cancelled Wednesday's high-level talks with South Korea because of anger over its joint military exercises with the US.  North Korea also has threatened its talks in Singapore with the US. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44133308

During the campaign Trump bragged about watta great negotiator he is.  He promised to apply his skills internationally, pledging greater results than his predecessor.  Now his façade has sort of fallen like a flat pancake.  He has broken a year old nuclear accord with Iran, with no replacement anticipated, and he has done everything to kill a deal with North Korea.

It appears that Trump's idea of negotiation is like his idea of marriage--find 'em, feel 'em, fuck 'em and forget 'em.  And high-tail it outta there if her father and brothers show up.  Razz

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Negotiations with N. Korea already failing

Post by Original Quill on Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Exactly, Lurker.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars
Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed May 16, 2018 6:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:Watch what happens...

I mentioned, musing the possibilities.  I’ll never forget the words of didge:

Didge wrote:Not by the looks of things and on that you could ber very wrong and I doubt what happens to Iran, will have any bearing on North Korea. If anything it could push further North Korea so look to come to the table

I had my doubts:

Original Quill wrote:North Korea will never come to the table now. Watching the US failure to perform with Iran, it knows the US does not keep its word.

I heard didge say:

Didge wrote:Pompeo heads to North Korea ahead of Trump-Kim talks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44048340

I responded:
Original Quill wrote:Plumpeo has no formal experience as a diplomat.  He was a mere congressman as recently as last year.

He'll be on the doorstep when North Korea slams the door on the US.  So what?  The North Koreans have played us before...every season we fall for it.

It's good to be prescient.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Maybe Quill should actually read his own link

The BBC's South Korea correspondent Laura Bicker says the wording of the statement showed North Korea was casting doubt over talks, rather than saying they were about to be cancelled.

But the US was quick to resist any suggestion that the summit was now in doubt.

"We will continue to plan the meeting," a state department spokeswoman told reporters soon after the news of the cancelled talks broke.

She added that the US had received "no notification" of a change in the North's position.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44133308

Would you like a tissue Quill, to help get that scramble egg off your face mate?

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Trump was so impressed with himself as a negotiator, that he forgot to ask the cardinal question of all negotiators: What do they want??

Trump asks for complete denuclearization. He has no idea what N. Korea wants, yet he's already doing his victory dance.

Trump has this notion that 3 rd-worlders all will settle for beads and trinkets...remember tossing paper towels to Puerto Ricans? But to a country already with nuclear power, beads and trinkets won't do.

Now, Trump has 30,000 troops in Korea. So, Kim Jong Un says, with a sly smile, we might be able to do business with them. Or, we'll just walk away...

Punked again...

This guy Trump believes his own shit, and that would be humorous if it weren't dangerous.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Wed May 16, 2018 7:02 pm

So I guess Quill needs more than one

Here you go mate

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 am

Didge wrote:So I guess Quill needs more than one

Here you go mate

Embarrassing for ya, huh?  I've got more coming tomorrow.  Meanwhile, watch your boy Trump suck eggs.

He doesn't know whether to tout his negotiation skills, or go back to calling Kim Jong Un the Rocketman.

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive.”
                                — Walter Scott

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 am

I said originally Kim was playing Trump.
The USA doesn't really have anything that NK wants that it couldn't get easier from China Neutral

Making the USA look like an Ass, makes China look Reliable and in these turbulent times of Trump's trade wars and Breaking of international agreements and commitments via twitter, it won't take much to convince the economies of Asia they are better off under Chinese influence than US influence. Rolling Eyes

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:So I guess Quill needs more than one

Here you go mate

Embarrassing for ya, huh?  I've got more coming tomorrow.  Meanwhile, watch your boy Trump suck eggs.

He doesn't know whether to tout his negotiation skills, or go back to calling Kim Jong Un the Rocketman.

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive.”
                                — Walter Scott

I dont support Trump and never have

The point is you screwed up badly

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 am

Didge wrote:I dont support Trump and never have

I know, that's what you say. But your position consistently supports Trump. Eventually you'll have to own it.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Thu May 17, 2018 4:53 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:I dont support Trump and never have

I know, that's what you say.  But your position consistently supports Trump.  Eventually you'll have to own it.

Really?

For a start, I am British and see both the Republicans and the Democrats as utterly useless

Its time the Americans got away from two distinctly and damaging parties, that continually seek to devide the US people.

Again, I have made it clear that I think Trump is an egotistical unhinged loon.

What I do is mock you over how he could be responsible for bring about peace in North Korea

To me, the US have not learnt yet to get along with each other and that is half the problem with the US

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Didge wrote:For a start, I am British and see both the Republicans and the Democrats as utterly useless

That's a cop-out didge, as the unfortunate Mr. Blair proved.  It's a small world, and getting smaller.  Like it or not, you are a part of the world that Trump creates and controls.

The time is gone when you can embrace Trump's positions--disavowing the Iran accord, for example--yet still reject Trump.  They are interconnected, if only by the coincidence that the same idiot created both, for the same idiotic reasons.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:For a start, I am British and see both the Republicans and the Democrats as utterly useless

That's a cop-out didge, as the unfortunate Mr. Blair proved.  It's a small world, and getting smaller.  Like it or not, you are a part of the world that Trump creates and controls.

The time is gone when you can embrace Trump's positions--disavowing the Iran accord, for example--yet still reject Trump.  They are interconnected, if only by the coincidence that the same idiot created both, for the same idiotic reasons.

Really? As I was against the Iran accord, when Obama was in power. To say this now makes me a Trmup supporter, when I am against many of his policies, shows how abusrd you are being and poorly trying to deflect.

I mean based on your reasonong and how countless Presidents have all supported in their Presidency, to move the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. Would mean, because Trump did. Then Presidents like Obama support Trump. That is how absurd your claim is.

I am against many of his policies, espcially his internal policies and given the chance would never vote for him.

All you are doing is yet misdirection to the fact you completely screwed up

You need to address the fact you cannot even read your own link properly

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri May 18, 2018 3:59 am

Didge wrote:As I was against the Iran accord, when Obama was in power.

What is your alternative?  Let Iran go ahead and build a nuclear weapon?

Oh, you think a small raid by Israel will do the trick?  It won't.  Iran has got a little more heft than Syria.

And Israel is about two shakes from being cut loose by the US.  The Israeli lebensraum is not a smart move.  Nobody here on the left--including the Jewish left--likes Netanyahu, and in 6 months I wouldn't put my hard earned cash on his chances.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:As I was against the Iran accord, when Obama was in power.

What is your alternative?  Let Iran go ahead and build a nuclear weapon?

Oh, you think a small raid by Israel will do the trick?  It won't.  Iran has got a little more heft than Syria.

And Israel is about two shakes from being cut loose by the US.  The Israeli lebensraum is not a smart move.  Nobody here on the left--including the Jewish left--likes Netanyahu, and in 6 months I wouldn't put my hard earned cash on his chances.

You see this is why you are not serious about debate when you invoke Nazism to Israel policy, when there is no comparrison. Its done to make out Israel is as hateful as Nazism and to be seen as evil. Its why such lies are done to promote hatred and do nothing for peace. Its only dspouted, in order to make hating Israwl acceptable.

You want to have a serious debate, then I suggest you stop promoting crap to misdirct

Israel and the US has strong ties, and is there only real major ally in the Middle East. Even with the Democrats in power, that friendship will remain.

As to Iran, Israel will never allow it to build any nukes. It made sure this never happened in Syria and Iraq. Can you imagine what would have happened if Israel had not of taken out the facility in Syria? Where Assad uses chemical weapons against his own people? Like I say, people should be thanking Israel more than they realise for how they by such bold acts, end up saving far more lives in the long term.

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri May 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Didge wrote:You see this is why you are not serious about debate when you invoke Nazism to Israel policy, when there is no comparrison.

No, you are the one who can't forget the holocaust.  You cannot cease to import 1932 victimhood into 21st-century reality.  You still call it antisemitism, because you like the ring of suffering that term brings forth.

You fail to acknowledge that things have changed--in fact, they have reversed.  Now we have Israel--the 21st-century, European-based power--beating up on essentially tribal entities.  It's the modern version of Oz and the aboriginals, or America with the Indians.  Kick-ass and kill babies, because you can.

Contain them.  Shut them up...and away.  Restrict them to reservations--isn't Gaza a modern day Wounded Knee?  And take all their prize land and turn them into condos for your "chosen people". As Netanahu said, quite openly, the settlements will never be returned.

There's a reason why you harken back to the Nazi days...it's the last time the Israeli side was truly innocent.

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri May 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Debate over, until you start wanting to have a debate and not injecting bullshit.

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:You see this is why you are not serious about debate when you invoke Nazism to Israel policy, when there is no comparrison.

There's a reason why you harken back to the Nazi days...it's the last time the Israeli side was truly innocent.

To prove you are just making up crap and even worse now seem to think Jews Globally represent Israel

As Isreal did not state independence until 1948, 3 years after the fall of the Nazi's

Israel was thus not at war with Nazi Germany

Nazi Germany had declared global war against the Jews

No nation innocent in wars. What is just. Is being able to defend yourself against those who wish to eradicate you and Israel is surrounded by such enemies that do wish to destroy them. Where Israel could literally destroy its enemies ten times over and never has.

Anyway, as much as some Israeli policy is poor to say the least and should be condemned. Its i no way comparable to Nazi policy. To claim it is comparable, is nothing more than a complete lie and done so to make and view Israel as evil.

Hence why such views are rightly deemed Antisemitic

And I am not going to pander to someone who spouts continual crap, on what could be a decent debate

You just ruined it with spouting hateful babble Quill

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Didge wrote:As Isreal did not state independence until 1948, 3 years after the fall of the Nazi's

I purposely didn't say "Israel". I said "Israeli side". The equivalency predates the statehood of Israel.

Didge wrote:Debate over, until you start wanting to have a debate and not injecting bullshit.

The debate never began, didge. You always run away from your adversary's point, taking refuge behind some argument over the example, or the metaphor, or some extraneous matter.

This particular issue was raised by my use of the term, LEBENSRAUM. An old term going back to the 19th-century, you leapt to the conclusion that it raised the Nazi discussion. I corrected you, noting that you were the one who was always quick to borrow Nazi-era symbols...you love to wallow in the psudo-sympathy (you think) it gives you.

And so here we are. Have you got a point, or are you just going to sit there and bleed?

Original Quill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Didge on Fri May 18, 2018 7:06 pm

And he does it again

Spouting lies, when the problem with Israel and Palestine is over contested land. As the Palestinians did not recognise the 1947 partition plan either. There never was a Palestinian state and thus to claim, Lebunsraum as actual policy. When Israel has withdrawn its settlements of the Sinai and Gaza, shows emphatically such a view is blatantly absurd. 

Now Israel has allowed settlement, which is allowed under the League of nations of Jews, into Sumaria and Judea. The later, the birth place and genesis of the Jews. The Palestinians disagree, but hey, they never agreed to the partition plan in 1937 and 1947. They did to the creation of Jordan, which was 72% of the British Mandate of Palestine, formely promised to the Jews.

People even claim that the settlements are a hinderance to peace?

How so?

Is not a future Palestinian state allowed to have a minority Jewish population?

Is the view, that the new state, must be Jew free?

So of the land promised, the Palestinian Jews were still denied what was left, they accepted the 1937 partition plan

Arabs rejected

They accepted the 1947 partition plan

The Arabs again rejected

This was what was promised to the Jews.

Now how much land did Israel actually get in the end?

Do the maths

Then we have land israel has given up for peace

So again it emphatically proves that agin you are lying and why the debate was over the moment you failed to read your own link

Now have the last word, by all means, what is proven is you are so ignorant of history, its beyond belief

Byee

Didge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down