What if this happened to your child?

Go down

What if this happened to your child?

Post by Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly on Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 am

Grown child, of course, but still. You kind of have to read between the lines on this article because it's rather poorly written, but I'd still like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

FORT WORTH  A dozen TCU students have been suspended during final exams week after being accused of using a popular study app to cheat, according to the school.

TCU spokesperson Holly Ellman said 12 students are "in the process of their appeals." She would not disclose which courses they were taking or how long the cheating went on, citing the school's "active investigation" in an email.

Quizlet is used as a studying tool by half of all high school students and one-third of all college students in the United States, CNBC reported last summer.

Quizlet users can upload study materials into the app and share them with the public.

"Cheating is not learning, and we will continue to fight against this type of content and activity on our site," a Quizlet spokesperson said via email.

Some students are appealing their suspensions and have hired a lawyer, Letty Martinez of the law firm of Varghese Summersett.

In a statement, Martinez said that TCU-employed tutors guided some of the students to the Quizlet study items in question and that a professor re-used questions from previous exams.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article210770914.html

It sounds to me like some lazy-ass professor keeps re-using tests over and over, some student uploaded the test answers and the suspended students had no idea they were looking at the actual test they were about to take - but got suspended anyway.

~eddie, when she was hungry this one time
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American People.

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What if this happened to your child?

Post by Syl on Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 am

I know how hard students study before their exams, my grandon is in his third year at uni and he often spends 48 hours in the library, catching short naps and eating a few snacks between studying.
So to be suspended in the final week of exams must be soul destroying.

I dont think its fair to accuse these kids of cheating.
If they were not aware those actual  questions and answers would be the ones in their actual exam....how is that cheating?

The question should be how come those questions and anwers were available for them to see online in the first place?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous on Thu May 10, 2018 1:51 am

not the student fault (but maybe make them take a new exam), the professor should be sacked.

if the professor is stupid enough to think they can reuse test questions in 2018 then they are too Stupid to teach.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Thu May 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Students always use previous tests as a guideline to revision. The professor should lose his job, seriously.

If this were my child I’d be furious and I’d hire a lawyer to sue his arse.

King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum