A desperate plea for help

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:49 am

Me and edds are looking into what it's going to take for me to come over there, marry her and live there, and it's a shit-ton of fuckery.

Any words of advice, any condolences, any prayers in any religion would be welcome.

Or should I just be an illegal immigrant?

Please no government websites, unless you really truly think they'll help. They're making us sick and confusing us.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:50 am

Seriously, this is far more important than anything you're doing at the moment. Drop it and fucking help us.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by gelico on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:40 am




uh? you need to be a bit more explicit there, Ben

What do you mean by ''a shit ton of fuckery''?



gelico

Posts : 1559
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:43 am

check if it is easier to get married, then move there.
often Spousal Visas are easier than others

but yeah it will be shit tonne of paper work either way

good luck Razz Razz Razz Razz

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18534
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by gelico on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:45 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Seriously, this is far more important than anything you're doing at the moment. Drop it and fucking help us.

tell the authorities you're Muslim with sympathies to isis and they'll welcome you with a house and benefits

gelico

Posts : 1559
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 am

gelico wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Seriously, this is far more important than anything you're doing at the moment. Drop it and fucking help us.

tell the authorities you're Muslim with sympathies to isis and they'll welcome you with a house and benefits

I'm actually feeling pretty sick about this. Some stupid government could keep me and edds apart.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by gelico on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:26 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
gelico wrote:

tell the authorities you're Muslim with sympathies to isis and they'll welcome you with a house and benefits

I'm actually feeling pretty sick about this. Some stupid government could keep me and edds apart.


so what's actually the problem Ben. what's the deal with visas and stuff?

what are they telling you (briefly)

btw, do you have a job lined up over here?

also,,,,,what about this book of yours? that is a great read from the bits I read.

gelico

Posts : 1559
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:41 am

Okay, so in order to legally marry her, I have to attain a Marriage Visa (not a Fiance Visa) which requires all sorts of things that we don't have -- mainly money. Edds can say more if she wants to but some of this stuff I can't speak about on her behalf.

Sorry, I really just started this thread in desperation, it looks like a bunch of stupid laws could stop me and her from having what we want and that's just bullshit and it's made me extremely angry and depressed.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by gelico on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:00 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Okay, so in order to legally marry her, I have to attain a Marriage Visa (not a Fiance Visa) which requires all sorts of things that we don't have -- mainly money. Edds can say more if she wants to but some of this stuff I can't speak about on her behalf.

Sorry, I really just started this thread in desperation, it looks like a bunch of stupid laws could stop me and her from having what we want and that's just bullshit and it's made me extremely angry and depressed.


Ben, just keep a firm image of yourself and Edds getting married,,,,,just see yourselves taking your vows and looking at each other and exchanging rings. make the image firm and clear and feel the emotion of it. keep doing it and answers will come

gelico

Posts : 1559
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Eilzel on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:09 am

Ir's the nonsense heavy handed reaction to many people's aggression toward immigration that's made it harder.

Me and my husband have looked into what it would take and it is long winded. Before this Tory govt came in in 2010 you could get married and as long as the British partner earned minimum wage, the foreign spouse could get a visa to live in the UK, easier still if said spouse had a job lined up.

Then the Tories came in and it upped to around £20,000 a year for the Brit regardless of the spouse's income at all. And they need proof of earnings for a year.

It is BS designed to stop a tiny minority of people having fake weddings to bring people in. It is keeping hundreds of couples apart.

You can still get married in the UK (as we did) you just wont automatically have the right to stay. It is possible to get a ten year tourist re entry visa and while I don't know the exact details I do have an in-law who has one. I imagine it requires proof of finances and is expensive and would require you to leave a few times in between (even if only to France for a quick break). You also couldn't legally work on it.

But having some kind of long term tourist visa (not neccessarily a ten year one) might be helpful while you look for work. If you already had a job lined up you may be able to get a work visa. After a certain number of years you can apply for citizenship anyway.

Hope that helps!

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-12-13
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:22 am

Eilzel wrote:Ir's the nonsense heavy handed reaction to many people's aggression toward immigration that's made it harder.

Me and my husband have looked into what it would take and it is long winded. Before this Tory govt came in in 2010 you could get married and as long as the British partner earned minimum wage, the foreign spouse could get a visa to live in the UK, easier still if said spouse had a job lined up.

Then the Tories came in and it upped to around £20,000 a year for the Brit regardless of the spouse's income at all. And they need proof of earnings for a year.

It is BS designed to stop a tiny minority of people having fake weddings to bring people in. It is keeping hundreds of couples apart.

You can still get married in the UK (as we did) you just wont automatically have the right to stay. It is possible to get a ten year tourist re entry visa and while I don't know the exact details I do have an in-law who has one. I imagine it requires proof of finances and is expensive and would require you to leave a few times in between (even if only to France for a quick break). You also couldn't legally work on it.

But having some kind of long term tourist visa (not neccessarily a ten year one) might be helpful while you look for work. If you already had a job lined up you may be able to get a work visa. After a certain number of years you can apply for citizenship anyway.

Hope that helps!

That makes me feel a little better, thanks. But even if I do get through all this bullshit, the Tories have made themselves an enemy for life.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Eilzel on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Ir's the nonsense heavy handed reaction to many people's aggression toward immigration that's made it harder.

Me and my husband have looked into what it would take and it is long winded. Before this Tory govt came in in 2010 you could get married and as long as the British partner earned minimum wage, the foreign spouse could get a visa to live in the UK, easier still if said spouse had a job lined up.

Then the Tories came in and it upped to around £20,000 a year for the Brit regardless of the spouse's income at all. And they need proof of earnings for a year.

It is BS designed to stop a tiny minority of people having fake weddings to bring people in. It is keeping hundreds of couples apart.

You can still get married in the UK (as we did) you just wont automatically have the right to stay. It is possible to get a ten year tourist re entry visa and while I don't know the exact details I do have an in-law who has one. I imagine it requires proof of finances and is expensive and would require you to leave a few times in between (even if only to France for a quick break). You also couldn't legally work on it.

But having some kind of long term tourist visa (not neccessarily a ten year one) might be helpful while you look for work. If you already had a job lined up you may be able to get a work visa. After a certain number of years you can apply for citizenship anyway.

Hope that helps!

That makes me feel a little better, thanks. But even if I do get through all this bullshit, the Tories have made themselves an enemy for life.

The Tories can never have too many enemies Evil or Very Mad lol

You and Eds are strong, Ben, you'll find a way. Just takes time and an unholy amount of patience...

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-12-13
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by nicko on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:16 pm

Go to the British Embassy and ask for help. bye the way, I thought you were already in England?
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm

nicko wrote:Go to the British Embassy and ask for help.    bye the way, I thought you were already in England?

Nope, I've been back in Texas for just over a week now. It was just a vacation.

Edds is going to talk to somebody where she lives; hopefully she or I will get some good options before long. You all may be required to buy our book and recommend it to everyone you know in order to remain members in good standing Wink

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by nicko on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Are you in to Blackmail then Laughing
PS, hope you get it sorted quickly !
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Me and edds are looking into what it's going to take for me to come over there, marry her and live there, and it's a shit-ton of fuckery.

Any words of advice, any condolences, any prayers in any religion would be welcome.

Or should I just be an illegal immigrant?

Please no government websites, unless you really truly think they'll help. They're making us sick and confusing us.

I was wondering when this issue would raise its head.

You have to be able to prove that you will not need to be supported by UK benefits and that you have somewhere to live. Not just any old job will get you a work permit, and a relationship where you have not been living together will not necessarily give you enough ties to become a UK citizen.

But then, you probably know all this. It's a bummer but just the way it is.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:01 pm

Suspect

Seems the Tories have a secret plan to depopulate the British Isles this century...

Probably hoping to save on future pensions and welfare bills as well..

These days, it is reputed to be much easier for Brits to visit, work in, and even emigrate to Australia, New Zealand or Canada, than it is for people from over here to simply visit the U.K. on a tourist visa, even for only a few days.


Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6168
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
nicko wrote:Go to the British Embassy and ask for help.    bye the way, I thought you were already in England?

Nope, I've been back in Texas for just over a week now. It was just a vacation.

Edds is going to talk to somebody where she lives; hopefully she or I will get some good options before long. You all may be required to buy our book and recommend it to everyone you know in order to remain members in good standing Wink

What line of work do you do? Do you have a skilled profession? I think it might be easier if you do.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:13 pm

I do believe that you have to prove you have been living together for 2 years before they'll consider a visa and also be earning an income of at least £18,600 per annum.

It took my brother 10 years to get his citizenship for Oz. And even then he had to spend some time out of Australia for certain periods of time.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by nicko on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:33 am

Better off being an illegal immigrant, get living accommodation, free TV and Licence, gas and electric,
Fridge, no council tax, Phone connected, no bills, Free Nappies, Baby food and lots of other free things. Before anyone says that's rubbish, I'v had my eyes opened by my Daughters partner who got a job decorating a Private Landlords block of flats that are used by the council to house Immigrants and Asylum seekers ! I went with him to see for myself and spoke to an Albanian who verified it.
avatar
nicko

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2013-12-07
Age : 77
Location : rainbow bridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by eddie on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
nicko wrote:Go to the British Embassy and ask for help.    bye the way, I thought you were already in England?

Nope, I've been back in Texas for just over a week now. It was just a vacation.

Edds is going to talk to somebody where she lives; hopefully she or I will get some good options before long. You all may be required to buy our book and recommend it to everyone you know in order to remain members in good standing Wink

What line of work do you do?   Do you have a skilled profession?   I think it might be easier if you do.

He’s a journalist so can pretty much work anywhere and perhaps even remotely from here.


I have a child of school age so I only work part time and I’m classed as a low wage and get working tax credits - this is a part of the problem - the onus falls on me to prove that I can support him (and that’s even if he works and he can’t work for a matter of monthe due to a legal thingy that’s just Bullshit).

So even if he came here and worked straight away - which is obviously the plan - it still makes no difference.


_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Vintage on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:13 am

Have you looked at :
rapidvisa.com/marry-british-finance-uk-us/
I don't know if there's anything new on there that may help.

Vintage

Posts : 1144
Join date : 2013-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Vintage on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:19 am

it'll come up as ' Should I marry my British fiance in the UK or US' - Rapid Visa
I can't get to the British part, so I don't know if there's any helpful info, Ben may be able to access that bit from over there.
Its a bit of a nightmare for genuine people, especially the financial part, I hope you find a way.

Vintage

Posts : 1144
Join date : 2013-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:46 am

Arrow

Ben and eddie could always go and live somewhere neutral like New Zealand.. Or Canada.

Pick somewhere with less hassles. And more snow..


_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Our life is frittered away by details. Simplify, simplify.
The mass of men lead lives of quite desperation.
Henry David Thoreau
avatar
WhoseYourWolfie

Posts : 6168
Join date : 2016-02-25
Age : 60
Location : Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by eddie on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:05 am

Vintage wrote:it'll come up as ' Should I marry my British fiance in the UK or US' - Rapid Visa
I can't get to the British part, so I don't know if there's any helpful info, Ben may be able to access that bit from over there.
Its a bit of a nightmare for genuine people, especially the financial part, I hope you find a way.


Thank you Flix.
I think Ben may have suggested the marrying in Texas idea as a better one.

I’ll take a look.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Didge on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 am

Get yourself both registered as self employed writers.

You have a book in the making and you could be able to predict a wage and sales based off this. Ben I understand works for the media, so he could also post this as evidence of fourth coming work. Or look to find employment this way also. Plus Ben could write stories for media outlets as an independent Journalist. The more ammunition you have the better.

I would personally send a sample of your book to a few publishers now (if I was you both), because any semi interest, would then show you have the potential of making other capital together.

Yes this law sucks and is wrong on many avenues


Last edited by Didge on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13411
Join date : 2016-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by eddie on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:34 am

You know didge, that’s not a bad idea. We could actually start sending this off now as it’s fonished pretty much.

Thank you.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Didge on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 am

eddie wrote:You know didge, that’s not a bad idea. We could actually start sending this off now as it’s fonished pretty much.

Thank you.


You are welcome Eddie and hope you both get to resolve this soon.

Just remember nothing like this will stand in the way of you both getting married.

Love conquers all.

x

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13411
Join date : 2016-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by eddie on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:51 am

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:You know didge, that’s not a bad idea. We could actually start sending this off now as it’s fonished pretty much.

Thank you.


You are welcome Eddie and hope you both get to resolve this soon.

Just remember nothing like this will stand in the way of you both getting married.

Love conquers all.

x

I am sure that we will find some way but it doesn’t look good.
I have a legal guy that I have to call tomorrow. I’ll keep you all updated.


Everyone is so supportive and fantastic on this forum!

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by gelico on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:08 am

Didge wrote:Get yourself both registered as self employed writers.

You have a book in the making and you could be able to predict a wage and sales based off this. Ben I understand works for the media, so he could also post this as evidence of fourth coming work. Or look to find employment this way also. Plus Ben could write stories for media outlets as an independent Journalist. The more ammunition you have the better.

I would personally send a sample of your book to a few publishers now (if I was you both), because any semi interest, would then show you have the potential of making other capital together.

Yes this law sucks and is wrong on many avenues


Great post, didge

gelico

Posts : 1559
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 am

nicko wrote:Are you in to Blackmail then Laughing
PS,   hope you get it sorted quickly !

Thanks, nicko. Apparently there are some 18,000 children in a situation where their married parents aren't allowed to live in the UK together because of this financial crap. They're called "Skype families" because they video conference each other instead of being together. I think it's terrible.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:58 am

Thank you so much, everyone, for putting your time and effort into this. It means more to me than I can say, and to edds as well.

It's looking pretty bad right now. There are a LOT of people who can't be together because of the UK's draconian finances rule.

But of course, I have a few ideas about that as well -- some more shady than others Twisted Evil

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by eddie on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:07 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Thank you so much, everyone, for putting your time and effort into this. It means more to me than I can say, and to edds as well.

It's looking pretty bad right now. There are a LOT of people who can't be together because of the UK's draconian finances rule.

But of course, I have a few ideas about that as well -- some more shady than others Twisted Evil

Dude.....

If you question what I would do
To get over and be with you
Lift you up over everything
To light up my room, my room




Ps I have a real thing about italics today! Just saying.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 am

Yes, yes.


_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:Thank you so much, everyone, for putting your time and effort into this. It means more to me than I can say, and to edds as well.

It's looking pretty bad right now. There are a LOT of people who can't be together because of the UK's draconian finances rule.

But of course, I have a few ideas about that as well -- some more shady than others Twisted Evil

in fairness, the UK is tiny compared to other countries so it can't be bountiful to all. I do hope things work out for you and it seems that getting wed in the US is the better option to start. I know I sound like a party pooper but don't bank your financial hopes on your book. It's a very hard market to crack and even then, unless you get film rights and massive sales into the millions you won't make enough quickly enough and it won't be seen as a regular income in the way you might hope. You'd probably make more money being a YouTube star. No publishers these days, at least not the big ones, will take unsolicited manuscripts. You need to get an agent first. A writer only gets a small percentage of book sales, around 10 to 20 percent. And any advances, should you be lucky enough to get them, has to be paid back before you get any royalties. If you self publish with Amazon, you'll make more with the e-sales than you will with the hard copy. Something like 70 percent as opposed to 2 percent. Fingers crossed you both get a publisher and it takes off. But be realistic.

Get yourself a copy of the Writers and Artists yearbook. It lists every single publisher/agent/magazine/newspaper etc with names of editors and what they're looking for. The listings are mostly UK and Europe but I think it covers America too. Perhaps if you can do some writing for British publications it might help. Also, you might consider entering your book into a major literary competition, as this is often a doorway to getting a high ranking publisher and/or agent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Writers-Artists-Yearbook-2018-ebook/dp/B071ZJBNT8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1524094985&sr=1-1&keywords=writer+and+artists+yearbook
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Eilzel on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:53 am

While the UK can't be bountiful for all, finances should play no factor in determining whether a couple can marry and be together. We are talking about a relatively miniscule number of couples this effects (in relation to overall immigration numbers). But to those people it is everything. It is rules like this that are a big person I and others can never vote Tory. It is inhumane.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-12-13
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 am

Eilzel wrote:While the UK can't be bountiful for all, finances should play no factor in determining whether a couple can marry and be together. We are talking about a relatively miniscule number of couples this effects (in relation to overall immigration numbers). But to those people it is everything. It is rules like this that are a big person I and others can never vote Tory. It is inhumane.

I agree mostly. The Windrush debacle is a point in hand. Compassionate grounds should be addressed.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am

Eilzel wrote:While the UK can't be bountiful for all, finances should play no factor in determining whether a couple can marry and be together. We are talking about a relatively miniscule number of couples this effects (in relation to overall immigration numbers). But to those people it is everything. It is rules like this that are a big person I and others can never vote Tory. It is inhumane.

I think most countries require certain job or financial criteria for a permanent visa.    So, yes, finances do factor.

Ironic that Australia won't take anyone with a substantial criminal record!!!!

Now, at least while the UK was part of the EU, we let every Tom, Dick and Axe Wielding Maniac in!
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:31 am

Thanks, Horatio. A lot of what you're saying are things we've discussed, and we certainly don't want to bank everything on an admittedly risky gambit.

But then again ...


_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Eilzel on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:54 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:While the UK can't be bountiful for all, finances should play no factor in determining whether a couple can marry and be together. We are talking about a relatively miniscule number of couples this effects (in relation to overall immigration numbers). But to those people it is everything. It is rules like this that are a big person I and others can never vote Tory. It is inhumane.

I think most countries require certain job or financial criteria for a permanent visa.    So, yes, finances do factor.

Ironic that Australia won't take anyone with a substantial criminal record!!!!

Now, at least while the UK was part of the EU, we let every Tom, Dick and Axe Wielding Maniac in!

Finances do factor, I'm just saying they shouldn't if your partner is from the country in question.

On the EU, if Ben was from the EU he actually could come live in the UK immediately (at least within the next 12 months), the stupid rule applies only to non EU citizens.

_________________
"Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice"

"People who fear demons see demons everywhere"

avatar
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-12-13
Age : 33
Location : The Kingdom formerly known as Siam...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I think most countries require certain job or financial criteria for a permanent visa.    So, yes, finances do factor.

Ironic that Australia won't take anyone with a substantial criminal record!!!!

Now, at least while the UK was part of the EU, we let every Tom, Dick and Axe Wielding Maniac in!

Finances do factor, I'm just saying they shouldn't if your partner is from the country in question.

On the EU, if Ben was from the EU he actually could come live in the UK immediately (at least within the next 12 months), the stupid rule applies only to non EU citizens.

Have you considered him applying for a Fiance visa? That one is 2.5 years or 6 months. Though you might have to prove you've been together for a while.

if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
You must prove that:

any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended
you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK
You won’t be able to work during your engagement.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I think most countries require certain job or financial criteria for a permanent visa.    So, yes, finances do factor.

Ironic that Australia won't take anyone with a substantial criminal record!!!!

Now, at least while the UK was part of the EU, we let every Tom, Dick and Axe Wielding Maniac in!

Finances do factor, I'm just saying they shouldn't if your partner is from the country in question.

On the EU, if Ben was from the EU he actually could come live in the UK immediately (at least within the next 12 months), the stupid rule applies only to non EU citizens.

You'd think with our close ties to America that would be taken into consideration but it isn't. It's not that easy for us to get to America either.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 pm

This also....

What you’ll need to prove
You must be able to prove one of the following:

you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK
you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving
You also need to prove you:

have a good knowledge of English
can financially support yourself and your dependants



Ben! You better get a ring on it.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:22 pm

[quote="Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly"]Thanks, Horatio. A lot of what you're saying are things we've discussed, and we certainly don't want to bank everything on an admittedly risky gambit.

But then again ...



The best thing to do is not worry, have some faith, stay positive and take each step one at a time towards your goals. You'll get there.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I think most countries require certain job or financial criteria for a permanent visa.    So, yes, finances do factor.

Ironic that Australia won't take anyone with a substantial criminal record!!!!

Now, at least while the UK was part of the EU, we let every Tom, Dick and Axe Wielding Maniac in!

Finances do factor, I'm just saying they shouldn't if your partner is from the country in question.

On the EU, if Ben was from the EU he actually could come live in the UK immediately (at least within the next 12 months), the stupid rule applies only to non EU citizens.

That's the main reason why people voted Brexit. The system isn't fair. Why would they let people like Ben into the UK when we have open doors to Europe? Perhaps when uncontrolled migration of this kind is stopped, more people applying for compassionate reasons will have a chance.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8081
Join date : 2014-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Didge on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:58 am

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:Get yourself both registered as self employed writers.

You have a book in the making and you could be able to predict a wage and sales based off this. Ben I understand works for the media, so he could also post this as evidence of fourth coming work. Or look to find employment this way also. Plus Ben could write stories for media outlets as an independent Journalist. The more ammunition you have the better.

I would personally send a sample of your book to a few publishers now (if I was you both), because any semi interest, would then show you have the potential of making other capital together.

Yes this law sucks and is wrong on many avenues


Great post, didge

Thank you Gelico

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13411
Join date : 2016-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Raggamuffin on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:58 am

There are people from outside the UK who marry Brits just so they can get citizenship though, so you can blame them for the tough laws.

_________________

"It ain't over 'til it's over"
avatar
Raggamuffin

Posts : 31029
Join date : 2014-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Didge on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm

I just thought of another option to you.

How about you look into obtaining Irish citizenship, due to your ancestry. Then you could look to move to the UK without any of this problem. Its what I would call a loophole.

I mean I am by their law an Irish citizen, as well as British and could apply for a passport. As my mother is Irish by birth.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html

It all depends how far your ancestry to Ireland goes back

If you can, then once you claim an Irish passport, then the door is open to you coming to the UK.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13411
Join date : 2016-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There are people from outside the UK who marry Brits just so they can get citizenship though, so you can blame them for the tough laws.

You know Raggs, I don't mind a very thorough background check. I don't even mind footing the bill for the UK to do it. I would let them see messages Edds and I sent to each other, photos taken of us. I would be fine with them interviewing people she and I know.

I would give them the names of places we went to and dates we were there, so they could call up employees and ask if they remembered us (women with British accents and bright red hair tend to stand out in Texas; Texans with huge beards tend to stick out in England). I want this to happen to the point that I would let perfect strangers rifle through our life if it meant we could be together.

I would claim no benefits (nor have any right to them until I attained full naturalization, which I might not even do -- my first goal would be to establish permanent legal residence so that I could work); I'd get a job or start a small business. I'd be contributing to the UK economy. My presence in the country would prompt friends and family to come and visit; they'd be contributing to the UK economy while they were here.

This rule makes absolutely no sense. Even if I couldn't get a job right away, Edds brings in enough money that I would be absolutely no drain on the British taxpayers -- I wouldn't need, or accept, one single 10p coin in assistance.

The only reason this law is in place is to keep people from coming to the UK, and since you can't keep EU people from coming, you punish people like me and the people they love.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24451
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by eddie on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Well said Texas.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35843
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum