No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Go down

No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by eddie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:12 pm

Political discussions about immigrants often include the claim that there is a relationship between immigration patterns and increased crime. However, results of a University at Buffalo-led study find no links between the two. In fact, immigration actually appears to be linked to reductions in some types of crimes, according to the findings.

"Our research shows strong and stable evidence that, on average, across U.S. metropolitan areas crime and immigration are not linked," said Robert Adelman, an associate professor of sociology at UB and the paper's lead author. "The results show that immigration does not increase assaults and, in fact, robberies, burglaries, larceny, and murder are lower in places where immigration levels are higher.

"The results are very clear."




Previous research, based on arrest and offense data, has shown that, overall, foreign-born individuals are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans, according to Adelman.

For the current study, the authors stepped back from the study of individual immigrants and instead explored whether larger scale immigration patterns in communities could be tied to increases in crime due to changes in cities, such as fewer economic opportunities or the claim that immigrants displace domestic workers from jobs.

The authors drew a sample of 200 metropolitan areas as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau and used census data and uniform crime reporting data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a 40-year period from 1970 to 2010.

"This is a study across time and across place and the evidence is clear," said Adelman. "We are not claiming that immigrants are never involved in crime. What we are explaining is that communities experiencing demographic change driven by immigration patterns do not experience significant increases in any of the kinds of crime we examined. And in many cases, crime was either stable or actually declined in communities that incorporated many immigrants."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170210165953.htm

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35782
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:20 pm

It makes sense to me that people in a different country would be more careful about walking the straight and narrow than the native-born.

It won't apply to me in England, though, I'm going to keep up my criminal ways:


_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Lord Foul on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:23 pm

that may be the american experience, however..............

also has this "research" been peer reviewd and subjected to a meta study
are the people who conducted it left whingers with an axe to grind
I also note that they say

"do not experience significant increases in any of the kinds of crime we examined."

thus leading one to suspect that they were very selective about which crimes they used.......

fook me talk about fitting the data to the wanted result.......


_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9480
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:08 pm

“Fitting the data to the wanted result”

Interesting. Don’t you think that can be applied to any study?

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35782
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm

depends eddie...most scientific studies are fairly clear of that sort of bias, especially since they ARE peer reviewed and such a bias is one of the first things the reviewers look for....

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9480
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Lord Foul wrote:depends eddie...most scientific studies are fairly clear of that sort of bias, especially since they ARE peer reviewed and such a bias is one of the first things the reviewers look for....

I’m totally listening, this isnt my forte so I’m ready to learn.
Why do you think this particular data is biased?

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35782
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Lord Foul on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm

the statement

"do not experience significant increases in any of the kinds of crime we examined."

so what did they look for.......

you could prove the same in rochdale if you avoided including kiddie fiddling

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9480
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by eddie on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:01 pm

Lord Foul wrote:the statement

"do not experience significant increases in any of the kinds of crime we examined."

so what did they look for.......

you could prove the same in rochdale if you avoided including kiddie fiddling

I take your point. I guess it’s about reading between the lines...as usual, when reports or studies are made, which is why I rarely post them up.

Oh well.

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35782
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:51 am

Okay, it is just one study, and it is only in America and maybe immigrants in America are different from immigrants in other countries.

But come on, this is a university, these are people trying to learn. To say they're some arm of the Global Army of Lefties is a bit out there, right?

Take it for what it's worth. It's a study that suggestive of how immigrants behave in America, and I highly doubt they're going to leave out "murder" or "rape" in their considerations.

And if you really want to know whether the University of Buffalo is just teeming with evil liberals, well, Google is your friend.

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:42 am

Lord Foul wrote:the statement

"do not experience significant increases in any of the kinds of crime we examined."

so what did they look for.......

you could prove the same in rochdale if you avoided including kiddie fiddling

You could include Kiddie fiddling it wouldn't make a difference
plenty of Anlgo Peados about too.


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18516
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Lord Foul on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:13 am

true veya, however as a proportion of the population of each sector of society the majority reside in one in particular

_________________
If at any time in 2017 I have annoyed you, pissed you off or said the wrong thing....Suck it up snowflake, cause 2018 AINT gonna be any different

There are those who's opinion I value, there are those who's opinion I neither value or scorn, and then there are those who's opinion I just ignore as insignificant...I can assure you the latter outnumber the first two combined by a whole order of magnitude


[b].(It's hard to remember that the task is to drain the swamp, when you are up to your arse in alligators)
avatar
Lord Foul
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Posts : 9480
Join date : 2015-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Fred Moletrousers on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:47 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:the statement

"do not experience significant increases in any of the kinds of crime we examined."

so what did they look for.......

you could prove the same in rochdale if you avoided including kiddie fiddling

You could include Kiddie fiddling it wouldn't make a difference
plenty of Anlgo Peados about too.


Sadly, that is true and the scum can be found in almost every sector of society as recent revelations have shown.

However "modern crimes" such as organised pick-pocketing (no need to quote Dickens at me; I am well aware of the historic Fagins of this world even though to mention that particular character puts me at risk of being accused of antiSemitism!), highly organised grooming of young and frequently underaged girls for serial sexual abuse and the illegal trafficking of immigrants for gang-organised slave labour and prostitution were hardly heard of before the upsurge in European free movement and massive increases in refugee, asylum seeker and economic migration that began largely in the closing years of twentieth century.
avatar
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Posts : 1996
Join date : 2014-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by veya_victaous on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:the statement

"do not experience significant increases in any of the kinds of crime we examined."

so what did they look for.......

you could prove the same in rochdale if you avoided including kiddie fiddling

You could include Kiddie fiddling it wouldn't make a difference
plenty of Anlgo Peados about too.


Sadly, that is true and the scum can be found in almost every sector of society as recent revelations have shown.

However "modern crimes" such as organised pick-pocketing (no need to quote Dickens at me; I am well aware of the historic Fagins of this world even though to mention  that particular character puts me at risk of being accused of antiSemitism!), highly organised grooming of young and frequently underaged girls for serial sexual abuse and the illegal trafficking of immigrants for gang-organised slave labour and prostitution were hardly heard of before the upsurge in European free movement and massive increases in refugee, asylum seeker and economic migration that began largely in the closing years of twentieth century.

it's true a larger economic territory does allow the black market (like all the others) to expand.

But overall the crime rates haven't drastically increased, you have to balance it with the fact the 24hr media cycle means we hear more about crimes than people used too.


_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18516
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Vintage on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:43 pm

You also need to take in to account how and which crimes are actually recorded as crimes these days, there's fiddling of figures aplenty, the authorities must employ nimble fingered accountants to handle the figures.

Vintage

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by veya_victaous on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:50 pm

Vintage wrote:You also need to take in to account how and which crimes are actually recorded as crimes these days, there's fiddling of figures aplenty, the authorities must employ nimble fingered accountants to handle the figures.

true you expect it to be higher, just because every little infraction is recorded now where in the old days many a young man got a clip around the ears from the coppers and let off with a warning.

_________________
My job is to travel the world delivering Chaos and Candy.

We don't know the Questions... does that means we cannot seek the Answers?
avatar
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Posts : 18516
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 35
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by HoratioTarr on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Political discussions about immigrants often include the claim that there is a relationship between immigration patterns and increased crime. However, results of a University at Buffalo-led study find no links between the two. In fact, immigration actually appears to be linked to reductions in some types of crimes, according to the findings.

"Our research shows strong and stable evidence that, on average, across U.S. metropolitan areas crime and immigration are not linked," said Robert Adelman, an associate professor of sociology at UB and the paper's lead author. "The results show that immigration does not increase assaults and, in fact, robberies, burglaries, larceny, and murder are lower in places where immigration levels are higher.

"The results are very clear."




Previous research, based on arrest and offense data, has shown that, overall, foreign-born individuals are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans, according to Adelman.

For the current study, the authors stepped back from the study of individual immigrants and instead explored whether larger scale immigration patterns in communities could be tied to increases in crime due to changes in cities, such as fewer economic opportunities or the claim that immigrants displace domestic workers from jobs.

The authors drew a sample of 200 metropolitan areas as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau and used census data and uniform crime reporting data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a 40-year period from 1970 to 2010.

"This is a study across time and across place and the evidence is clear," said Adelman. "We are not claiming that immigrants are never involved in crime. What we are explaining is that communities experiencing demographic change driven by immigration patterns do not experience significant increases in any of the kinds of crime we examined. And in many cases, crime was either stable or actually declined in communities that incorporated many immigrants."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170210165953.htm

Try telling that to the Swedes.
avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8071
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by eddie on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:06 pm

What do you mean, Horatio?

_________________
INTELLIGENCE - “Not because you think you know everything without questioning, but rather because you question everything you think you know.”

Word. Cool
avatar
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 35782
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 48
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Didge on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:25 pm

Did they draw their date before 1970?

You see how something can be fixed based on a variable?

Now, I am not saying or arguing against immigration, ( as I back immigration) but its well known, that in certain cities no matter in the US or the Uk. That gangs and crimes have formed from Immigrants.

Today, the Uk for example suffers from Albanian gangs that enslave people to work and through sex. They are basically a mafia.

We have seen in American history, Italian and Sicillian gangs haunt American society, as well as Jewish, Irish, Black, Mexican etc gangs, as well as white supremacist gangs.

So the study is not being very honest.

You may well find in parts of the US for example low crimes, but how about New York over the last 150 years?

Which again has little to do with ethnicity and more with relative poverty. Where people reside next to people who have way more, then the ladder shows that crime increases. Its a wierd situation but happens, no matter whether rich or poor. Its when the balance is extreme.

People always bemoan black knife crime in the Uk based in London, but never question for example Glascow or Liverpool, which has many white violent knife gangs.

This is where people miss the beat on this issue and problem. They try to deny, there is an issue and problem, where there is high levels of crime and in fact aid the Far right. As you should look at the problem of crime based on its cause.

I mean do I need to tell you of kingpins in the US that are Italian, Mexican, Colombian etc

Immigration does cause a problem when people come enmass and too fast, unable to allow these groups to integrate.

The US does this better than most, based off an American identity. Which makes people united by their country.

The reality is no matter the ethnic group, you will always have a criminal element within any given ethnic group

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Didge on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 pm

I mean, I have no issue with this statment and i doubt anyone does

Adelman says the relationship between immigration and crime is complex and more research needs to be done, but this research supports other scholarly conclusions that immigrants, on the whole, have a positive effect on American social and economic life.

"It's important to base our public policies on facts and evidence rather than ideologies and baseless claims that demonize particular segments of the U.S. population without any facts to back them up," said Adelman.

Yes they do have a positive impact, but that ignores those who do not.

That is not meant to argue against immigration, but recognise, that criminals do come in off the back of immigration. Even the author admits its complex and I agree. But its a bold leap of faith to saythere is no link between increased crime and immigration

The history of Prohibition, the mafia etc, proves that emphatically wrong.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Didge on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:59 pm

And if people need further evidence on this?

How many Honour killings, forced marriage and FGM happned before immigration in this country?

Maybe someone can tell me how this was a part of life before immigration?

How about gromming gangs?

Again, nobody is saying its the majority of immigrants, but its certainly a large number, that do commit crimes when they come here and study, ignoring this, is not being honest.

As where is their real fight here?

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by *THE Ben Reilly* on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:06 pm

Okay, just a few responses. Didge, this was a study conducted in the United States.

LF, this actually was a meta-study (study of studies for the uninitiated). Anybody can see the original journal report, which is linked off the article edds linked to. But I did a copy for everybody as well, please forgive the clunky footnotes:

Investigating the relationship between immigration and different types of crime in San Diego and El Paso, Hagan and Palloni (1999 Hagan, J., & Palloni, A. (1999). Sociological criminology and the mythology of Hispanic immigration and crime. Social Problems, 46, 617–632.
[Crossref], [Web of Science ®️], [Google Scholar]
) found that immigrants and the native-born have similar rates of arrest for drug, property, and violent crimes. Martinez and Lee (2000 Martinez, R. J., & Lee, M. T. (2000). Comparing the context of immigrant homicides in Miami: Haitians, Jamaicans and Mariels. International Migration Review, 34, 794–812.
[Crossref], [Web of Science ®️], [Google Scholar]
) observed that in Miami rates of criminal offending among Haitian, Jamaican, and Mariel Cuban immigrants were less than those of the native-born. Examining homicide among Mariel Cubans, non-Mariel Latinos, whites, Afro-Caribbeans (Haitians and Jamaicans), and native-born blacks, Martinez, Nielsen, and Lee (2003 Martinez, R., Jr., Nielsen, A. L., & Lee, M. T. (2003). Reconsidering the Marielito legacy: Race/ethnicity, nativity, and homicide motives. Social Science Quarterly, 84, 397–411.
[Crossref], [Web of Science ®️], [Google Scholar]
) showed virtually no effect of immigrant-status. The only exception was that Afro-Caribbeans were more likely than native-born blacks to commit drug-related homicides. Olson et al. (2009 Olson, C. P., Laurikkala, M. K., Huff-Corzine, L., & Corzine, J. (2009). Immigration and violent crime: Citizenship status and social disorganization. Homicide Studies, 13(3), 227–241.
[Crossref], [Web of Science ®️], [Google Scholar]
) found that native-born citizens had the highest rate of arrest for homicide, attempted homicide, robbery, and aggravated assault compared to foreign-born citizens, naturalized citizens, and noncitizens in Orange County, FL (Orlando), but noncitizens had the highest rate of arrest for sexual assault. Nielsen and Martinez (2011 Nielsen, A. L., & Martinez, Jr., R. (2011). Nationality, immigrant groups, and arrest: Examining the diversity of arrestees for urban violent crime. Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice, 27(3), 342–360.
[Crossref], [Google Scholar]
) examined arrests for robbery and aggravated assault among specific immigrant groups in Miami and noted that immigrants from Cuba, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, and other countries were less likely to be arrested for robbery than for aggravated assault compared to the native born.

Although immigrants have offending levels lower than those of the native-born, this does not necessarily hold true for their children. Research indicates the likelihood of committing violence increases with successive generations of immigrants (Bersani, 2014 Bersani, B. E. (2014). An examination of first and second generation immigrant offending trajectories. Justice Quarterly, 31(2), 315–343.
[Taylor & Francis Online], [Web of Science ®️], [Google Scholar]
; Morenoff & Astor, 2006 Morenoff, J. D., & Astor, A. (2006). Immigrant assimilation and crime: Generational differences in youth violence in Chicago. In R. J. Martinez & A. J. Valenzuela (Eds.), Immigration and crime: Race, ethnicity, and violence. New York, NY: New York University Press.
[Google Scholar]
; Sampson et al., 2005 Sampson, R. J., Morenoff, J. D., & Raudenbush, S. W. (2005). Social anatomy of racial and ethnic disparities in violence. American Journal of Public Health, 95(2), 224–232.
[Crossref], [PubMed], [Web of Science ®️], [Google Scholar]
). In Chicago, the odds of committing violence for children of immigrants were 1.33 times that of immigrants themselves, and the odds of violence for grandchildren of immigrants were twice that of immigrants themselves (Sampson et al., 2005 Sampson, R. J., Morenoff, J. D., & Raudenbush, S. W. (2005). Social anatomy of racial and ethnic disparities in violence. American Journal of Public Health, 95(2), 224–232.
[Crossref], [PubMed], [Web of Science ®️], [Google Scholar]
). However, it is important to note that, in spite of these generational increases in offending, children and grandchildren of immigrants approach, but do not exceed, the level of offending of the native-born population. Moreover, evidence suggests that the children of more recent immigrants are less delinquent than children whose parents immigrated in the middle part of the twentieth century (Dinovitzer, Hagan, & Levi, 2009 Dinovitzer, R., Hagan, J., & Levi, R. (2009). Immigration and youthful illegalities in a global edge city. Social Forces, 88(1), 337–372.
[Crossref], [Web of Science ®️], [Google Scholar]
).

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15377938.2016.1261057 (You can read a cleaner version at the link)

_________________
“She's a well thought-out plan and I don't know how it happened.”

Eli Young
avatar
*THE Ben Reilly*
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Enemy of the American people.

Posts : 24423
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 43
Location : Jamás Bese el Culo Del Jefe, Texas

View user profile http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Didge on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:34 pm

Again Ben

How many Honour killings, forced marriage and FGM happned before mass immigration in this country?

Maybe someone can tell me how this was a part of life before immigration?

How about gromming gangs?

Again, nobody is saying its the majority of immigrants, but its certainly a large number, that do commit crimes when they come here and the study, ignoring this, is not being honest.

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Didge on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Migrants may be responsible for most of a recent rise in violent crime in Germany, research commissioned by the government suggests.

The study used data from Lower Saxony, a state where more than 90% of the rise was attributed to young male migrants.

The researchers say the findings are not surprising because many migrants who arrived in Germany in recent years are single males aged 14-30.

This group is most likely to commit crime, irrespective of nationality.

The researchers also said that migrants were twice as likely to be reported to police for alleged violent crimes as German nationals.

The report comes as Chancellor Angela Merkel's centre-right CDU/CSU prepares for coalition talks with the centre-left SPD.

Both groups were seen as being hurt by their apparently liberal migration policies in September's election.


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42557828

_________________
Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.

-- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
avatar
Didge

Posts : 13283
Join date : 2016-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by HoratioTarr on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:19 pm

eddie wrote:What do you mean, Horatio?

What's happening in Sweden isn't widely covered by our news media.

There's a lot of unrest there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/03/world/europe/sweden-crime-immigration-hand-grenades.html

avatar
HoratioTarr

Posts : 8071
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No link between immigration and increased crime, four decades of evidence finds -- ScienceDaily

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum